Other Side of the Tracks

By PBBWriter

When Jax meets a woman who can finally hold his attention for more than one night will their differing backgr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 11

4.4K 114 10
By PBBWriter

Dinner was bland, the food and conversation, but Abel seemed to be absolutely overjoyed by having both of his parents with him simultaneously. When the dessert was devoured and the plates were cleared Jax stretched and, giving Abel a big hug, headed for the door.

"Why don't we watch a movie?" Wendy suggested, egging Abel on to press his father to stay. "Family movie night?"

"I can't," Jax said apologetically.

"Please Daddy?" Little Abel pouted up at his father pulling his heart strings.

With a huff, Jax crouched down and looked Abel in the eye. "I have an idea buddy. How about you spend the night at Grandma's and tomorrow I'll take you to a baseball game?"

"Really?" Abel launched himself at Jax excitedly. "Mommy can I?" He asked but Jax was quick to answer before Wendy could.

"You don't have to ask Mommy, bud, I'm your dad, it's all good."

"Oh that's a great lesson to teach him," Wendy huffed.

Pulling a face, Jax stood and shrugged. "He knows what I meant."

"He's three," she countered.

Jax scoffed and refused to correct the badly worded lesson he just taught his son. "I can't take him to Gem's, I got my bike. I'll meet you there then I gotta run."

"Yeah," she rolled her eyes. "I'll meet you there."

After Jax had left, Wendy packed Abel his bag and headed to Gemma's. Jax was already there evident by his bike sitting proudly in the driveway.

"My baby!" Gemma instantly scooped him up with little regard for Wendy and hurried to get him ready for bed.

"She needed this I think," Wendy laughed. "I'm not sure what I'll do with a free night, honestly."

"I don't know what a free night even feels like," he smirked.

"I'm sure," she rolled her eyes, her smile gone as quickly as it appeared.

"I didn't mean like that," he said strictly for her benefit. "I gotta run though."

He shouted his goodbyes to Gemma and Abel before wrapping Wendy in a tight but absolutely platonic hug. "I'll bring him back tomorrow night after the game."

"Okay, have fun and make sure you lather him up with sunscreen."

"I will," he winked before slipping out the kitchen door.

Wendy listened to his retreating Harley with a broken heart. Before Gemma even appeared again, she was gone following the roar to ease her curiosity.

--

"Hey," Jax flashed Julia his tooth charming grin once she opened the door. "You alright? I didn't hear from you."

She nodded, her face dark purple and clearly aching, as she stepped aside for Jax to head in. "Slept a lot, I needed it."

They moved further into the apartment before Jax cupped her face and pulled her in for an unexpected and passionate kiss.

"Wow," she blinked at him in surprise. "That was unexpected."

"Unwelcome?"

"Never," she blushed, although it was hidden by the bruises, and moved to kiss him again.

Wendy watched their silhouettes through the balcony doors and felt her heart sink. She truly thought she was over Jax once their relationship was truly over but as Abel grew she felt her love for him rekindling.

"Charlie cool?"

"Seems to be," Julia sat on the couch beside Jax with two beers. "Hungry?"

"Nah, I'm good," he grabbed the petition. "Diosa?"

"How'd you know?" She rolled her eyes. "Didn't take long, I kind of thought we were all good with the neighbors."

Jax flipped through the paper, skimming most of it, before pushing it aside. "What are we going to do about it?"

"We?" She raised an eyebrow. "I thought this was my part?"

"Well it is," he shrugged. "But I'll help if I can."

"My car is still filthy," she winked. "You can wash it, that'll help."

"Maybe later," he sat back and relaxed into the couch. "Oh, I need tickets for a game tomorrow, I promised my kid, I know it's short notice it was kind of spur of the moment."

She gave him a look and shook her head. "Then you could blame me if it didn't work out." Hopping off the couch she disappeared into her bedroom and came back with an envelope. "Here, there's three. Maybe you can take your mom or Abel's mom?"

"No," he laughed uproariously.

"What?"

"Gemma and Wendy are not my idea baseball game company. Just me and Abel is fine."

Julia smiled at that and nodded. "That's sweet."

With a mischievous smirk he grabbed her hand before she could sit again. "Thank you, Jules. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome," she straddled him. "But you still owe me a damn car wash, Jax."

"I'll wash you," he slipped his hand up her v-neck t-shirt. "I could use a shower."

"I'd love to," she sighed. "But honestly, I'm miserable. I kinda just want a blunt and my bed."

"That sounds like fun too." Jax stood up, holding Julia tight, and guided her legs around his waist. Carrying her into the bedroom Jax gently laid her out on the bed and sat at her vanity to roll them a blunt. "You wanted some company right?"

"Yeah," she nodded with a sad look on her face. "I'm still," Julia pursed her lips and shook her head.

"It'll stay with you," he admitted. "You'll get over it though."

"I was throwing up and shaking, he deserved it but I hate that I did it, I hate all of this."

Listening as he licked the edges of the paper and sealed it, Jax looked over to see her crying silently and he felt immense guilt.

"I'm sorry, Jules."

Laughing at herself she shook her head. "I better get used to it, huh?"

"Probably," he lit the blunt. "Come on, relax."

Handing it over to her Jax stood up and stripped down before getting into bed when her. "This is a fire hazard," she joked. "I feel like a rebel."

"Shut up," he flicked on the TV with a low snicker. "Don't ruin this with bad jokes."

Julia shrugged and the two of them cuddled up together, watching TV and sharing the blunt back and forth, before falling asleep together.

--

"Did you know?" Wendy asked Gemma with a cold look on her face. "You have me that speech about our family but he's with someone, Gemma."

"She's trouble," Gemma spat bitterly. "Jax needs a woman like you, he needs you, the mother of his son."

Wendy sighed, her arms falling to her side, as she gave up the angry act. "He's obviously happy with her. Why is she trouble?"

"She works with a...business partner. It'll get messy and no matter what SAMCRO will feel the fallout."

"Jax has to know that," Wendy shrugged. "He knows what he's doing."

"No he doesn't," Gemma pulled a face. "He's got a crush. You know Jax, he's a romantic deep down, she probably has some Romeo and Juliet feel. You are good for him, supportive, on his side, and out of his club business."

"Gem," Wendy shook her head. "I can't do this again."

"I'll do everything," she smiled. "You just get ready to have your man back."

--

While most everyone else was settling into bed, Alvarez was stewing over the news that his son had in fact gone after Jax.

"I told you to watch him!" Marcus roared at his son. "Not attack him!"

"I did but when he rolled through Oakland what was I supposed to do?"

"Not beatdown a patch President," Marcus hissed. "There are rules, Esai. You fucked this up."

"Now we know he's working with Nero and the Lats, that little bitch too." Esai tried to his best to ease his father's anger but it didn't seem to work.

"We are in a shit position now. What am I supposed to offer them? How am I supposed to make this right?"

"We don't have to," Esai assured him. "I know how we can get out of this whole."

Marcus eyed his son it didn't protest. "And how are we gonna do that?"

"Charlie Barosky," Esai smiled. "Teller wanted to keep her safe, keep it all quiet, we have leverage."

Unsure, Marcus waved his son out of the room to think on it. SAMCRO and the Mayans hadn't had serious beef in years but this threatened to end that peace in the worst way possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 530 27
The newly single Jax Teller has gotten very acquainted with Charming's newest resident. His life seems simple until he's completely derailed by the h...
2.5K 161 5
Friends or Lovers, which will it be?
132K 3K 41
Carrie just wanted to have a simple and normal life. Maybe even be happy for once in her life. Unfortunately for her, life had other plans and she is...
247K 7.2K 61
When Lumpy's granddaughter comes to town to help with the gym, and care for him in his old age, she'll find friends and love but none of it will be s...