Icon

Von AliciaMarino

Iris Tremaine is an icon. A fashion icon. At twenty-six years old, she's at the top of the fashion industry... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 22

31.8K 1.6K 47
Von AliciaMarino

Chest heaving due to the large amount of adrenaline coursing through my veins, I tilt my head to look at him. Constantine's eyes are like saucers, rimmed with water.

"Please, don't do this to me, Stellan. I truly had no idea- I still have no idea what he did to you. But I loved you- you knew that."

"Did I?"

"Please-"

"Get a lawyer, Constantine," he utters quietly as a woman walks up to us. I've only met her once at one of my shows- I can't even remember her name. I'm relieved when she looks to Constantine, who's failing to hide how distraught she is. She's still gawking at the beautiful man beside me, and I feel disgusted. Disgusted at the knowledge of their fucked-up relationship.

"Constantine, it's been a lifetime! How are you?" the woman murmurs happily, touching Constantine's arm. Her eyes drift from Stellan's face as if she we're drugged.

"Hi, Jane."

"I have someone I want you to meet. My husband- he's-"

I watch her panic, her gaze sharp on the door. "I actually- I have to go."

"No, please- stay-"

Stellan smiles calmly. "Please, excuse us, ladies."

I resist gasping when he leads me away towards our table, everyone is now beginning to sit down. Viktor's standing by the orchestra, his gaze intent on us. I nod to him and I watch his shoulders slacken in relief.

I smile softly to the others already seated at my table, most of them high end designers. Stellan pulls in my chair and takes a spot beside me, keeping a firm hand on the back of my chair.

"Iris- we were just talking about-"

The lights dim as Oli tries to help us into the conversation the table is having and I'm glad for it. My hands are shaking in my lap as the contemporary dancers step out of the curtain. Everyone begins to clap but I look forward, eyes firm on Constantine who is still standing, trying to get away from the woman speaking to her.

The servers set the dinners down in front of the guests and if I weren't panicking myself, I would have been extremely pleased with how this event has turned out. A hand settles on both of mine as he leans in close.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes," I whisper, swallowing. He rubs his thumb along my skin.

"She's gone."

Surely enough, when I look away from his face, she has disappeared and I realize it's time for us to go. We need to be home when the news gets out. I nod and he stands up quietly, setting down his napkin onto the table, reaching out for me. The table looks over at us but I shake my head, smiling.

"We will be back."

We sift our way through the crowd of tables towards the back and I'm pleased to see Eric already holding the door open. In the dully lit hallway, we walk fast, trying to make it to the back of the building without being seen.

I shuffle into the limo, with difficulty due to the grandeur of the gown. Stellan picks up the train of it and settles it down into the limo before climbing in beside me. As soon as Eric closes the door, I reach into the front of the dress, clasping the small microphone clipped on the fabric.

"Can you get the back?" I ask, turning to the side. Stellan grabs my zipper, pulling it down. His hands are cold as he reaches inside to grab the other piece of equipment and I feel my body shiver at the touch. He pulls the zipper back up slowly as I turn off the recording.

"Well, that should work."

"Did she confess to it?"

"Only in so many words. Her exact words were that she is a dominant. Doesn't really matter anyway since we have the video with that Cam guy. Although, when I said I was going to expose her, she did say we'll see about that."

He grabs my hand and I place my other one over his comfortingly. "When is the video going to release?"

"Eleven. We have a couple hours."

"What do you suspect will happen, Iris?"

"Well, when the information about the lawsuit gets out, I suspect the media will be all over it. She'll have to stay hidden for a while, I'm sure Vance will see to that. I'm also pretty sure we'll receive a call from Mr. Waters within the hour."

Stellan exhales, settling back. "God, I'm sorry I'm putting you through this."

I reach over and clasp his face, turning his jaw towards me. He stares at me wordlessly as I lean in, set on kissing his worries away.

...

When my house phone blares loudly, we both sit up straighter in our place on the couch, staring at the phone apprehensively. I glance over at Stellan, breathing deeply and reach out for it.

"Remember, recorded line," he reminds as I stand up, answering it.

"Iris Tremaine."

"Yes, Miss Tremaine... I'm glad I got you. This is Vance Waters, Constantine's husb-"

"I know who you are, Mr. Waters."

He's quiet for a moment. "I believe you spoke with my wife earlier tonight."

"I did."

"Yes, well, she has informed me that you have some rather distressing material that I'd like- very much to stay hidden. I am willing to make it worth your while to keep this between us."

"I'm not interested in your money, Mr. Waters. You hurt someone I love- there is no going back from that."

"Ah, Stellan Reid is it?"

"Correct."

"... May I ask you a question?"

I stare out of the window, aware of Stellan's anxious gaze on my back. "Of course."

"Do you even know this man? Or has he just been there for you as he was there for my wife? Because I can assure you- it was not love for him."

"You destroyed his life. Your wife paid for his services-"

"He was with her for months, Miss Tremaine. Tell me, do you understand what it feels like to know your partner enjoys the company of others?"

"I do, yes."

"So, surely, you know what it feels like to want to rip that person from their life by any means necessary?"

I press my lips together and shake my head. "It's one thing to want- and another to act on it. What you did was wrong- in every sense. You put him in the hospital-"

"He put her in the hospital!" he answers loudly and I feel the blood drain from my face.

"You're lying."

"I have the hospital records to prove it, Miss Tremaine. He hurt my wife- which is the reason I did what I did."

"... I don't believe you."

"If you go through with this lawsuit, I will come at both of you with this, I swear to God!"

I feel Stellan's hand on my shoulder and I look down at his other outstretched hand. I stare at him worriedly but he nods, reassuring me. I hand it over to him hesitantly and he raises it to his ear.

"Mr. Waters, this is Stellan Reid."

The voice on the other end heightens but Stellan cuts him off, looking down at his watch.

"It is now two minutes after eleven. You may want to stop spewing your lies to Iris and focus on more important matters. You will be hearing from my lawyer presently. Do not contact either of us again."

I look over to the clock and press my lips together. The video is out. 

...

I pull the nightgown over my head, more tired than I've been in a while. Grasping the gown off the bed, I walk over to the closet, aware of Stellan's gaze following me. Pulling open the double doors, I walk into the room, skirting around the cushioned bench in the middle of it. My fingers pull the mirrored door open and I reach for a hanger.

"... You do know that he was lying, right?"

I turn, finding him leaned against the door in maroon sweats and hang up the gown. "Yes."

"I would never- hurt her."

"I know that, Stellan."

"Look at me, Iris."

I look up from the carpet and raise my brows expectantly. "What?"

"Please tell me you know that."

I move around the island and nod, walking up to him. He looks down as I entwine my fingers with his softly.

"I trust you. I believe you trust me too... I believe we have a relationship where we can be open and honest with each other. If you say you haven't done something- then I will believe you. It's as simple as that, Stellan."

His mouth curves warmly on one side as he runs his thumb along the edge of my hand. The look of relief on his face speaks volumes. "Thank you." 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8.7K 141 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
440 110 26
Iris Astor, the heiress to multi-billionaire Company is the epitome of confidence and determination. She knows what she wants, and she's not afraid...
1M 33.6K 36
Julianne Burke is a young and advanced college student with an eye for trouble. Ever since her last year in high school, when the only man she ever l...
1.3M 40.5K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...