Poisoned (re-continued)

By TagPanda

After the guy she's in love with confesses to her, Serenade White is poisoned by an apple. Why? No one knows... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 6

Chapter Five

81 5 1
By TagPanda

So about the story... I will continue updates faster than they've been going, but the story will probably end up being almost as short as After All That, It's Come To This? And if you haven't read that it's 8 chapters... so this will be a little bit longer.

Anyways, enjoy. Oh, also, to parody other mystery books and stuff and plays and movies I'm going to start naming chapters after movies, books, playwrites and stuff. See if you can guess them!

Chapter 5: Pretty Little Secret Hider

_______________________________________________________________________________

Officer Jones POV:

I sighed once more. I loved coffee and donuts in the morning, but I was still getting beat by this Serenade White case. We all spotted Claire, Mandy, and Jessica sitting at one of the glass tables chatting and texting on their phones while occasionally drinking coffee. 

Casually, we went up to the counter of the coffee shop as a girl with blond hair pulled back into a ponytail came up to us smiling.

"What can I get for you today?" She asked. 

"Two black coffee's." Williams said. I rubbed my sleep deprived face.

"Long week?" She asked.

"You said it." I told her and she gave a little chuckle. She placed two coffees in front of us a minute later.

"There you go, two black coffees." She said and we paid her. We walked over to the girls' table, pulled up two chairs, and sat down. We all sat in silence for a moment, with the girls glancing at us and then at each other. 

"Hello Ms. Claire, Ms. Mandy, and Ms. Jessica." I nodded to each of them. 

"Who are you?" Claire asked with a bit of attitude. 

"My name is Bill Jones. But you lovely ladies can call me Officer Jones. So I suggest you watch your tone." I said looking at each one of them to make sure they got the point. "This here is my friend, Spencer Willaims is his name, but you can call him Officer Williams."

They all stared at me blankly.

"Is that clear?" I asked calmly. Slowly, as if they were machines that hadn't operated in a while, they began to nod their heads. "Good. Do you know why we're here?" I asked. They shook their heads. "Can you guess?" Nothing. "I said can you guess?" I said a little louder.

"Look, officer, I didn't steal the shoes on purpose... I got them for my mom because she really wanted a new pair of shoes but didn't want to spend so much on something so expensive-"

"Stop, Ms. Claire. That is not why we're here. But thanks for tipping me off, I'll get back to you on that later." I told her. She closed her eyes and sunk into her chair, sighing at her mistake. "We are here because a young girl you three know was poisned by an apple the other day. Does the name Serena White ring a bell?" All their eyes flew open. Jessica seemed most shocked at it, but then hid her emotion.

"Serena was poisoned?" Mandy said. "By who?" 

"Well, that's why we're here. We would like to question you about this, because as of now you are all potential suspects. Now, would you like to come with us back to the station?" I asked as Williams and I stood up. Slowly, the three girls stood up with shaking legs. 

Mary White's POV:

I grabbed another tissue from the tissue box, still unable to cope with my daughters condition. Who would want to murder Serena, I had to ask myself. She's so kind to every one, I just don't understand. I blew my nose on yet another tissue as the sobs came out.

"Mrs. White?" A voice asked me. I turned and saw it was the doctor, Dr. Orlens. 

"Y-yes?" I stuttered, my eyes puffy from crying. 

"There's someone here who claims to know Serena. We need your verificatin before letting her in. She says her name is Amy." 

"Oh!" I exclaim. "Let her in! Let her in right away!" I knew Amy is my daughter's closest friend, one of her very few friends. My daughter is a very shy person. Amy walked into the room and sat down in the opposite chair. She looked at Serena for the longest time and burst out crying. I got up, went over to her and held her. 

"Why? Why does it have to be Serena?" She cried. 

"I don't know dear. I just don't know..." I said honestly. Amy was like my other daughter since she was constantly over. It was only her and her mother who didn't take any care of her. She practically lived with us. 

"I just don't understand why any one would want to do this to her..." She cried. I shushed her. When she was calm enough, I sat back down in my seat on the opposite side of Serena. We sat in a long hushed silence, with only the sounds of the monitor and Amy's quiet sobs.

"Is she going to be ok?" Amy asked, looking at me with hope in her eyes. 

"Yes, but there's still the question of when she will wake up...or if she will wake up." Just saying those words made tears stream down my cheeks. 

"Mrs. White." Amy spoke quietly. "Did Serena ever tell you what happened in biology?"

Jessica's POV:

Claire and Mandy had finished being interviewed and promised they'd be waiting for me to come out after I was done being interviewed. Those fake liars. 

"Ms. Hunt." Someone spoke. It was officer Jones. He sat down in the chair across from me. "How are you today?" He gave a goofy smile. 

"Fine, I guess." I moved a piece of hair behind my hair.

"What is your association with Serenade White?" He folded his handsw and looked directly at me.

"We're friends. Best friends." I said truthfully. He cokced and eye brow.

"Oh really? Because according to Serena's little sister, you are one of her enemies." He said leaning back in his chair and unfolding his hands. 

"No. That's only for the pubilc, you know, I have to keep up my popular status." I explained. He shookhis head disapprovingly. "It's not as cold hearted as you think!" I raised my voice. 

"All right. Tell your side of the story." He asked tipping his chair back. I calmed down.

"Well, Serena and I were best friends in junior high. I wasn't the pretty skinny girl, I was the ugly chubby girl. People teased and taunted me. So I changed my appearance, and here I am now." Igestured to myself. "It was about at that time, Claire started acting nice to me. I became her somewhat-friend. She's still a fake bitch. I just, loved the attention from others.

But I didn't want to just ditch Amy and Serena. They were my best friends through everything. We only have each other to trust, so I knew they were kinda desperate to keep me in their loop, even if it would be done secretly." I finished. "Just ask Amy." 

"Who is this Amy girl?" He asked. I gave him a shocked look.

"Amy's best friend, the girl she's always with when I'm not around." I said. 

"I see, and I learned you were dating a boy named Ryan but you broke up recently." Officer Brown asked. 

"Yes, but  it's ok since we weren't really that into each other. Claire pushed us together." I waved it off. 

"...Claire told me he left you for Serena. He apparently asked her out a little while before she was-" I jumped up from her seat and cut him off.

"That lying bitch! I did not poison Serena out of jealousy! I would never ever! I love Serena too much I love her! I-" I stopped, stunned, realizing what i'd said. I fell back into my seat silently, and began to sob. 

"You, love, her." He emphasized the love part of the word. 

"I was never jealous of Serena because Ryan left me, I'm jealous of Ryan-"

"...because now he's with Serena." I shook my head. I just admitted to an officer of the law my biggest secret. I am in love with Serena White. And I will find and kill whoever did this to her. I stopped crying and remembered something. 

"There is the thing...that happened in biology class." I said slowly.

"Tell me." He spoke leaning in.

"Well, we were doing a chemical lab, and Serena was partnered up with the new student Lyle." Iwipped away a tear. "And while the two were getting the supplies, Claire decided to pull a joke on Serena. She sneaked over and mixed two chemicals that weren't supposed to be mixed, because she thought Serena would stir it.

When they went back to their seats, Lyle grabbed the flask from Serena thinking she would mess up the experiment. He hates Serena, and I don't know why. Well, when he poured the correct chemical into the bad mixture, everything backfire and Lyle's hair and eye brows were blown off.

Claire laughed and said 'Serena you shouldn't have done that to poor Lyle!' When Serena was oblivious, Claire spoke back saying she saw her do it. Lyle went off on Serena and said he was going to kill her the next time he saw her."

Officer Brown listened with intent. I told him Lyle's last name and he let me go. When I went out of the interrogation room, I saw that no one was waiting for me. Then again, I wasn't really surprised. They're never there. Some friends.

I almost felt good about coming out of the closet. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Maybe i'll tell everyone at school...

As if.

___________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations! You got to meet Serena's secret best friend Jessica who secretly has a crush on her! :D

I gave you something worth reading, now give me something in return!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN?

CAMOTE!

-Sabinara (my new nickname for myself) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 103 10
Snow White has always been recognized for her pale skin, her ruby lips, her hair as dark as a raven, and her sweet disposition. Behind this outward b...
37 0 35
In pursuit of a new life, three beings meet by chance without knowing that this encounter will decide their fates. Mice, spells, princes and poisoned...
177K 9.7K 51
Don't get frostbitten while reading this dark, gripping, passionate retelling of Snow White. Icelyn, the princess of the Winter Realm, is being used...
1K 214 17
Five friends, one is a killer. On fall break, twenty year old Eliza Goodchild sets off with four of her college friends for a remote cabin in Aspen...