The Player's First Crush

By WorrylessReader

Annabelle Richardson and Daniel Swift have been best friends since they were three. But Annabelle always like... More

The Player's First Crush
2: The Player's First Crush
3: The Player's First Crush
4: The Player's First Crush
5: The Player's First Crush
6: The Player's First Crush
7: The Player's First Crush
8: The Player's First Crush
9: The Player's First Crush
10: The Player's First Crush
12: The Player's First Crush
13: The Player's First Crush
14: The Player's First Crush
15: The Player's First Crush

11: The Player's First Crush

3K 76 27
By WorrylessReader

Daniel:

I just want my DanDan back. The words kept replaying in my head all week. She sounded sincere when she said it, but I still wasn't sure if she meant it. She pushed me away, and she still wants me to be her 'DanDan'. She used to call me that when we were ten, and I'm not the same guy.

"Daniel, your friend is here," mom shouted. By friend, I think she meant Hannah. I walked downstairs and found Hannah in a short skirt and low top. I knew mom would think bad of her, and there's honestly no reason to think good of her, but she makes one good sex partner.

"Hey," she said taking my hand in hers. I didn't reply, I just walked upstairs until we reached my bedroom. When we reached my room I closed the door with my feet and started immediatly. She crashed her lips to mine and I kissed her back with the same force. Just like kisses with Chloe, Hannah's kisses don't mean much, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. I licked her bottom lip and she opened eagerly for more. I slipped my tongue in her mouth. I broke the kiss to trail kisses up her neck and jaw line.

"Daniel," she panted. "You're really good at this." I took off her shirt and started working on her skirt. The skirt wasn't hard, I just had to pull it down and it was off. Then something weird happened. I wasn't in my room anymore, I was ten and with Annabelle.

"Hey, DanDan, what if I jumped off a bridge? What would you do?" Annabelle asked out of the blue.

"I would get a paddle boat and save your stupid ass." We both chuckled.

"That's good." She sighed. Almost as if she was upset.

"Why? You're not thinking about it right?" I asked worriedly. The last thing I need is Annabelle thinking about suicide, or anything along those lines.

"No. I just wondered how much I mean to you, because you mean so much to me." Another sigh.

"Annabelle, you mean the world to me and you know it. We've been best friends forever, and you are the best friend ever. I love you Anna Banana."

"I love you too, DanDan." She wrapped her arms around my neck and kept them there. A comfortable silence fell between us. I kissed her forhead and walked her home.

I immediatly stepped away from Hannah and buttoned my shirt again. I  just want my DanDan back.

"What's wrong?" Hannah asked.

"Nothing. You have to leave. Now!" I didn't wait for her to leave, I just ran out my bedroom and sprinted down the stairs.

"Daniel wait!" I didn't want to but I stopped and looked at my mom. "What?" I asked impatiently. My mom burst into tears. I don't know what she was crying about she I slowly walked to her and hugged her.

"What's wrong mom?" I whispered. I could feel her shaking, and I heard her sobbing.

"Your...your.." She stopped and barried her face in her hands.

"My what?"

"Your..grandma.."

"What happened to grandma?" My voice was hoarse. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to my grandma.

"She....past...away," she finally said and burst into tears once more. I was on the verge of crying but I held up for my mom. My grandma was one of my favourite people in the world, she saw the best in everyone and made the best fucking shepards pie. When Annabelle left, I was a small skrawny little sad kid and my grandma was always there. And now she can never be there again.

"Come on let's go to the hospital," I said slowly, and walked my out of the door.

Annabelle:

"Melenie. Luke. Linc, what kind of chips do you want?" I asked. It was movie night and Melenie decided to make it a double date. It was fine by me, but I sort of just wanted it to be Melenie, Linc and I. It's just sometimes Luke unintentionally ruins the fun we have. But he's Melenie's boyfriend, so for her I'm going to be okay with Luke.

"I want cheetos!" Melenie shouted from the living room.

"I want lays," Linc said in a much quieter tone. Luke didn't say anything so I got him ketchup chips. And for myself I got plain Lays. I walked back to the three of them and threw the chips of their choice at them. I then sat beside Linc.

"So we have three choices. The sisterhood of the travelling pants, Mirrors, or Twilight. Which do you guys want to watch?" Linc asked.

"Mirrors," I answered right away.

"No that's a scary movie," Melenie whined.

"Don't worry, you can always stay close to me." Luke wrapped her arm around. I put Mirrors in the dvd player, pressed play and sat back down beside Linc.

"Annabelle, come on we have to go!" My mom yelled and opened the lights.

"Where?" I asked quite annoyed. Couldn't she see that I was watching a movie?

"To the hospital, Daniel's grandma past away." My stomach and chest tightened. It doesn't matter how mad Daniel and I are at each other, it still hurts to see someone so close to Daniel's his family die. Tears welled up in my eyes but I wouldn't let them come down. I'll be strong for Daniel even though he's not going to care. I quickly got in the car and left the other three in my house. I didn't have time to do or say anything and Melenie will probably figure out for herself.

We got to the hospital in no time. My mom and I ran to the receptionist and asked them for Mary Richards. It was Daniel's grandma from his mom's side so she had a different surname. It felt like hours waiting for her to see the room where Mary was in. I don't know if I can actually go inside the room.

"Ah. Here it is, room 114." Mom and I wasted no time. We ran to that room. I saw Claire in one of the waiting chairs sobbing quietly. I died a little inside seeing that. I knew how amazing Mary and it wasn't fair to see someone like that gone and cause greif for her family. It was painful to know she's gone for me too. Mom went and sat beside Claire trying to soothe her down while I looked for Daniel. I don't care that he put me through pain, this pain is too much even for Daniel.

It didn't take long to find him. He was pacing around the front of the hospital. Without hesitation I ran up to him and threw my arms around him. He was clearly taken back by my sudden affection. It felt so good to have my arms around him again. Even when I hug Linc, it's not the same. It took him a while, but he finally wrapped his arms around my waist as well.

"I'm sorry Daniel," My voice was muffled because my face was buried in his chest. I didn't want to move from this spot.

Daniel:

My mom drove quickly to the hospital. As soon as we got there she ran to the receptionist and asked where my grandma is. They took a while but they finally told her where grandma's room was and my mom just ran there. I haven't seen her run that fast. I walked to the room as well but in a much slower pace. I wasn't looking forward to seeing my grandma's helpless body. I was trying hard not to shed a tear, it wasn't as easy as I thought it will be. Knowing that I will never get to see her warm smile kills me a little inside.

I got to her room too soon for my liking. I slowly stepped inside and saw my mom sobbing on a small stool. It was hard to see her like this. My grandma's body was wrapped in a white thin shroud. I sucked in a lot of breathe and released it slowly. I couldn't stay in this room, watching my mom sob beside my dead grandma's body.

I stepped outside the room and subconsciencely walked to the front of the hosptial. I was pacing trying to think about anything other than my grandma. I couldn't. All I could think of was how happy I would be when I saw her. I remember the first time Annabelle met her.

"Annabelle, my grandma said she wants to meet you," I told Annabelle who was sitting beside me on my lap.

"Really? I would love to meet her, when?"

"Today.." I trailed off wondering if it was too much of a late noticing.

"Sure, I'm not doing anything anyways, and I would love to meet her," she chirped.

"That's great!"

My mom gladly drove us to grandma Mary's house. Annabelle was pratically bouncing on the seats.

"Get anymore excited and the car might break," I teased. She laughed and playfully hit my arm.

"I'm excited to try the shepards pie you say is to die for."

"They honestly are, you'll see!" Ten minutes later, mom stopped the car in front of grandma's house. Annabelle immediately opened the door and ran up the driveway.I followed her and rang the door bell repeatedly. Grandma opened the door and smiled holding her famous shepards pie.

"You must be Annabelle?" Annabelle grinned and nodded.

"Well come Daniel and Annabelle, the shepards pie is waiting." Annabelle and I walked hand in hand to the kitchen.

Someone bumped into me and brought me back to the depressing hospital. It took me a minute to realize that Annabelle was hugging the life out of me. It had been so long since I last gotten a hug from Annabelle and this reminded me of how much I enjoyed her hugs. I didn't want to wrap my arms around her, I didn't want to admit I needed her comfort. I actually thought she would let go of me and walk away and when she didn't, I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry Daniel," her voice was so muffled that I could barely understand what she's saying. I buried my face in her hair. I didn't want to, but I shed the first tear in a long time.

"I know how much she meant to you, and she was an amazing person, she's in a better place," Annabelle continued. I didn't reply, because I know I couldn't. I saw Luke from the corner of my eye but I didn't want to see him, not now.

"Annabelle, let's get something to eat," I offered. She nodded and followed me out. We didn't hold hands, but we walked beside each other and that's pretty good progress. "I just want my DanDan back." I heard in my head for the hundredth time this week.

"Thank you," I whispered to her.

Authors Note: It's a short chapter, but it's a very important chapter!!

YAY, things are good between them, right? Well for now they are, but I'm not sure if this is permament :P

What do you guys think of Daniel in this chapter? He's really different in this chap, I loved Daniel here, but don't get to used to him (;

Comment. Vote. Fan!!

Continue Reading