Damaged (On Hold)

By Chocolate_5Peanut

"Oh darling, I am so damaged that I make a broken object look perfectly fine." I said stepping closer to him... More

Damaged
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen Part 1
Chapter Seventeen Part 2
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Six

109 28 77
By Chocolate_5Peanut

The party was in full swing when we arrived. Just how I like it.

"I'm going to go find Jessie." Ashley said and walked off.

"Let's go find Nate." Gerald grabbed my hand.

"Hey man!" Gerald greeted the soccer team including Nate once we found them.

Gerald was speaking to one of the other guy's when Nate approached me.

"Hey there, beautiful." He smiled.

"My name is Victoria!" I said annoyed.

"Whatever you say, sunshine." He winked.

"Jerk." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Wanna get a drink?" He offered.

I remembered what happened at the last party I went to and decided not to. It's not that I didn't trust Nate, because I surprisingly did even after he 'forgot' me, it's just that I didn't feel like getting drunk.

"No I'll take a pass, remember last time?" I joked.

"Victoria, I would never do anything like that to you, ever." He said seriously.

"I know, it's just that I don't wanna get drunk at a party for a little while. I'm just not feeling it tonight. I promise it has nothing to do with you." I assured.

"It's okay, I understand." He smiled.

"Wanna dance?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend won't mind?" He smirked.

"I don't have a boyfriend, darling." I tilted my head.

"I was referring to Gerald."

"Well he's not my boyfriend and no, he won't mind." I said as we headed to the dance floor.

I was honestly having a lot of fun dancing with Nate. It felt good to let loose and have fun once in a while. I was ready glad to have a person like him in my life and I must admit, it did feel a little like old times.

We danced to about seven songs until I got tired and wanted some water. Nate handed me a glass of water which I gulped in seconds.

I walked back and spotted Ashley with a very worried looking Jessie. I quickly walked over there to see what was going on.

"Oh thank god, Victoria!" He said looking a little relived.

"What's wrong?"

"Ashley had a little too much to drink, now she's almost out." He said supporting her body.

"Why did she drink so much?" I asked, concerned about my friend.

"I really don't know, I guess she just wanted to have a little extra fun." He said still supporting her limp body.

"I was gonna take her home but I don't know what her parents would do if they saw her." Jessie said.

"They'd be furious. Just carry her to my car. I'll take her home with me." I ordered

After he laid her down and he kissed her forehead.

"Thanks for bringing her here." I smiled.

"It's definitely not a problem with me, especially for Ashley."

"Do you mind calling Gerald here so we can leave. I'm not leaving Ashley alone."

"Okay I'll be back soon." He said and ran off.

I waited impatiently and eventually seen Jessie approaching.

"Where's Gerald?" I asked impatiently.

"I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked at the dance floor, the kitchen, the bar and even upstairs." He said looking frustrated.

I looked in my purse and seen that I had his car keys with me. I completed whether I should leave him or look and get  him to get here.

I do have the keys, maybe I should just leave him, it is his fault that he's no where to be seen. I contemplated in my head.

"Earth to Victoria." Jessie said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry I was just thinking whether I should leave Gerald here and just leave." I shrugged.

"You wanna leave him here?!" Jessie said looking shocked.

"Yeah. What's so bad in that?" After all, it will be his fault. I thought.

"Well you know, you will be leaving in his car without him and he's probably drunk so it will be inconsiderate to leave him." He pointed out.

He did have a point, I did get here with his car and I'm living at his house. It will be mean and inconsiderate to leave him here.

"Fine! I won't leave him." I said frustratedly.

"But we have no idea where he is." I sighed.

"Maybe try and call his cell?" Jessie suggested.

"That's if he picks up." I said bitterly.

I called his number but it just rang with no one picking up.

"Is there a pool in this house?" I asked Jessie maybe thinking he was there.

"Yeah there is but Nate's family don't allow him to have anyone there." Jessie answered.

"Why?"

He just shrugged.

I sighed, "I could go look for him again but I can't leave Ashley alone here." I ran a hand through my hair.

"I'll be here with her." Jessie said quickly.

"No I can't leave you out here all alone while there's a party going on inside." I said feeling sceptical.

"No! It's really not a problem for me at all." He smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"I am more than sure." He assured. I guess it's fine to leave him with her, he is decent and I doubt he'd take advantage of her, he's not like that.

"Okay, I'll be back as soon as I get that asshole." I said and walked back into the party to find him.

I searched everywhere and still didn't find him. In fact I didn't even see Nate.

I went upstairs and searched but still found no one. As I was making my way for the stairs I felt someone's body hit mine and seen a glass, shattered on the floor.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" A girl who looked to be about fourteen said. She had medium length brown hair and looked an awful lot like Nate.

"I should be apologising, I was the one that dropped your glass of water." I smiled. She seemed nice.

"It's alright," she smiled. "Are you Nate's girlfriend?" She furrowed her brows.

"No I'm just a friend of his. My name is Victoria." I smiled.

"I'm Iliana, Nate's sister." She smiled back.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing up here?" She frowned.

"Oh I'm looking for my friend. He went missing and it'll be a bit inconsiderate to leave him here." I answered.

"Have you checked by the pool?" She asked.

"No, I thought that Nate wasn't allowed to bring guests there." I furrowed my brows.

"Nate doesn't really care about what our parents say." She shrugged.

"Could you perhaps tell me where that is?" I asked deciding to look there.

"Come I'll show you." She smiled and led the way.

We reached the pool side and I spotted a few guys I knew from school and a lot of girls.

I seen Nate flirting with some blonde and rolled my eyes.

"Which one is your friend?" She asked scanning the crowd.

I looked around until I spotted Gerald with a blonde girl's arms around his neck. Saying I was pissed was an understatement! He sleeps with me and tells me that he has feelings for me but here he is flirting with a fucking bimbo!

"He is that jerk who the blonde bimbo has her arms around!" I said angrily.

"I don't think he's enjoying her company too well." She said looking at them. "Look."

I watched as she tried to kiss him and he pushed her away. I got a peak at her face and seen that it was Caroline.

By now everyone was staring at them.

"Fuck Caroline! How many times do I have to push you away for you to realise that I don't wanna sleep with you!" He yelled. Guess I was wrong when I thought he was a cheating dick.

"The whole school wants to sleep with me, why not you?" She asked him.

"Slut." Iliana muttered. I agreed with her.

"Don't you get it?! I don't like you! I'm in love with another girl and it's definitely not you." He said frustratedly.

"I'm obviously better than her." She said confidently.

"Well for starters she's not a slut so I doubt it." He grinned.

"He's talking about you, isn't he?" Iliana asked.

Of course he was, he pretty much confessed to me today. But I wasn't ready for someone to love me, I wasn't worthy for his love, he deserves better.

"I hope not." I answered truthfully.

Gerald walked passed me and we stared at each other for a while until he walked inside.

Nate spotted Iliana and I and walked over here.

"Is everything okay, Iliana?" Nate asked looking at his sister with concern.

"Yes I'm fine Nate! I'm not a baby!" She rolled her eyes.

"Hey I just don't want any drunk guys hitting on you or any other trouble happening to you
."

"I was looking for Gerald so she showed me where your pool is." I told him.

"Guess you found him then." He said nonchalantly.

"I just hope no one knows he was talking about me." I sighed really not wanting anymore drama.

"Sunshine,everyone here knows he's talking about you and someone will spread the news and the whole school will know of this soon." He said with a humourless grin.

"I'm going to kill him when we get home." I said bitterly.

"Why? Because he confessed to loving you? Why is that a bad thing?" He asked me seriously.

I honestly didn't wanna answer that, mainly because I barely knew the answer myself.

"Thanks for helping me find him, Iliana. I should get going, bye Iliana and see you on Monday Nate." I ignored his question and went back inside.

Gerald was in the kitchen getting another drink. I went towards him and reached up and grabbed his ear pulling him out.

"What the fuck? Why are you abusing me?" He yanked my hand away from his ear.

"Because we need to get home and you killed like 40 minutes of my time looking for you. So get your ass outside so we can leave." I said and walked outside.

"The night is still young though, why are we leaving so early?" He complained.

"Because I have a drunk and passed out best friend to deal with." I ran my hand through my hair and continued making my way to his car.

I reached Gerald's Jaguar and spotted Jessie patiently waiting for us.

"Ah I see you've found him." He smiled.

"Yeah finally." I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for standing here with Ashley." I smiled.

"Yeah it's not a problem. I'll see you on Monday." He said to Gerald and I and walked back inside.

"Since when does blondie drink so much?" He said getting in the passenger seat.

"If I knew I would make sure she didn't get that drunk, wouldn't I?" I snapped.

"Someone is touché today."

"Well it's not my fault that you're drunk and blurted things out."

"I barely even drank, Victoria." He said in an edgy tone.

I ignored him and continued driving.

"Why are we going in the direction to your house and not mine?" He asked sounding confused.

Then it dawned on me, my brother kicked me out and I had no where to go. Well I had Gerald's house but where am I supposed to take Ashley?

"Fuck! Now where am I going to take Ashley? I can't take her home in that condition, her parents will murder her!" I was feeling so frustrated. It was like I was homeless, I couldn't even look after my best friend for fucks sake.

"Just bring her home, she can sleep in the guest room." Gerald said casually.

"But you two hate each other." I said feeling sceptical.

"She hates me. And I don't mind, she is like a sister to you so it's not an issue."

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes I am." He assured.

I smiled at him appreciatively and drove on towards his house.

"Can you help me get her out? I can't exactly carry a girl who's pretty much the same size as me." I asked Gerald. He ran a hand through his hair, looking tired but he smiled and carried her inside.

"If she finds out I carried her, she's going to kill both of us." Gerald said as he put her down and we walked out.

"Definitely." I laughed.

We walked into his room and I really wanted to yell at him for what he said earlier on, but I looked at him and I just couldn't bring myself to do to it, I just softened when I looked at him.

Instead I walked over to him and kissed his lips softly.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me intensely. "Victoria?" He whispered.

"Yeah?" I said softly.

He stared at me with that loving and affectionate look in his eyes again.

"Never mind." He said and kissed me.

I pulled away nor wanting to end up having sex with him again.

"I gotta get ready for bed, I'm really tired." I said with a small smile.

He nodded at me and changed into a pair of shorts and no shirt.

I walked over to my bag and grabbed my Pyjamas out, which consisted of a tank top with shorts.

I got into bed next to Gerald while he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his arms, with my head on his chest.

"I feel bad for Ashley, I mean she's sleeping with such uncomfortable clothes on." I said as Gerald played with my hair.

"She's so drunk that she won't even know." He laughed.

"Hey don't be mean!" I playfully scolded.

"Okay mom." He teased.

I laughed at him and made myself comfortable in his chest.

"She would've loved you and found you really beautiful, you know." He said softly.

"Your mom?"

"Yeah." I could hear the pain in his voice as he spoke about her. Gerald's parents loved him, he was their only child so they showered him with love and affection so naturally he was attached, so you could imagine how he felt when his mother died.

"I doubt it, I'm not very lovable." I chuckled humourlessly.

"That's exactly why she would love you, she used to say that the ones that are hard and mean are the most real ones compared to the kind and lovable ones, that the ones that aren't lovable are the ones that love the deepest." He stroked my face.

"That's pretty deep." I replied. I guess she was true, I never loved many people but for the few that I actually did care about, I would do anything for them.

"I miss her so much. She was always there for me, sure my dad is around but he's always busy with work. It can get lonely, you know."

Yeah she was the complete opposite of what my parents are like to me. I thought.

"I'm here." I smiled.

"I know." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

As we laid together I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

****

I felt someone hit my arm and popped my eyelid open instantly.

I looked and seen a very confused and angry looking Ashley.

"Couldn't you wake me up more human like!" I snapped.

"Couldn't you explain to me about what happened?!" She glowered.

I looked and seen Gerald still peacefully asleep, his arms wrapped securely around me.

"Well you got wasted out of your mind and passed out so I bought you here." I said rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"And why in the name of Starbucks did you bring me here?" She said loudly.

"In case you've forgotten my dumb brother kicked me out of my house!" I snapped.

"Oh yeah, sorry. And if you took me home I'd be dead by now." She said sheepishly.

"It's fine. I understand why you were mad." I said with a sigh.

"How is he still asleep with our voices right next to him?" Ashley furrowed.

"I have no idea." I attempted to shrug but his grip was pretty tight.

"You know you two look like a couple sleeping together like this?" She smirked.

"It's not my fault that his grip is too tight on me." I rolled my eyes.

"I think it's cute." She grinned while I just shook my head.

"So I'm thinking of apologising to Jessica and finally going back home and getting my car back." I stated.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" She yelled loudly.

Gerald shifted beside me and opened his eyes looking confused.

"What the fuck is all this yelling about, Blondie?" He said sitting up and resting his head on the headboard, looking annoyed and really tired.

"Victoria has lost her mind and wants to apologise to bitch Jessica!" She said glaring at me.

"Are you fucking insane?!" He bawled, looking fully awake now.

"Well I'm sorry for missing my home and car!" I snapped at both of them.

Honestly, I just felt like a complete burden living here with Gerald, it was like I was a freeloader. And to make things even worse his dad was getting back home today.

"We understand that you miss your home, Victoria but you can't apologise to them when you did absolutely nothing wrong and they were the wrong ones." Ashley said reasonably.

"For once I agree with Blondie." Gerald said running a hand through his hair.

"You won't understand, both of you have loving parents whilst I have a family that fucking hates me." With that I got out of the bed and walked out.

I walked outside by the pool and sat on a stool a pool chair and took a deep breath.

I wish things didn't have to be so complicated. I thought staring at the blue water with rays of sunshine in it. Sunshine...I thought.

Yes sunshine! Nate! He will definitely understand. I thought and decided to call him and ask to meet up later today to talk. He would definitely understand, he's the only one of my friends that will understand my current situation.

Gerald's POV:

I took a frustrated sigh as I watched her leave the room angrily. And she judges my anger issues.

"Of course she stormed out! That's all she does instead of listening."

I thought about what she said about her parents, and in that moment I wanted to wrap my arms around her and tell her that she didn't need them in her life, they weren't worthy of her.

"She'll come around." I sighed.

"I know, we should just give her some space." Blondie said sitting on the couch in my bedroom.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked her seriously before she could leave.

"What?"

"What if Victoria and I were lying naked together when you walked in? What would you have done?" I asked staring intently at her.

"Ewwww you disgust imbecile! You have such filthy mind! God, I hate you so much!" She yelled and I combust with laughter at her expression. She looked like she could murder me with just a look.

"Jerk!" She yelled at me as I continued laughing.

"Okay I'm sorry! I just love annoying you." She glared at my statement.

"Okay, but I seriously wanted to ask you something." I said composing myself.

"If it's something like your previous 'question' I will sell your organs and use the money to buy myself a car." She warned.

"How do you think Victoria would act if I asked her out?" I asked her. I really have been wanting to do this for a very long time but I guess I've just always been sceptical of her actually saying yes to being my girlfriend.

I've been crushing on her since middle school and since we've grown older I guess I somehow fell in love with her. I mean it's impossible not too, how could you not love her beautiful body, face and mostly smile, her rare yet beautiful smile that I've loved since 6th grade.

"Honestly, if you were any other guy I'd say that she'd cut your body up and feed it to the wild animals in Africa, but you're different. She has feelings for you whether she knows it or not." Ashley said leaning against the wall, all her previous anger gone. She always forgives so easily, if only my Victoria were like that.

"I just don't wanna ruin what we have and have her distancing herself away from me." I ran a hand through my hair.

"She won't. I know she won't, maybe for a little while she might but not for long. Her feelings will draw her back to you like a magnet."

"She's done it before when she came back from New York." I said as Those memories came flooding back.

Two years ago she went to New York with her sister for the summer, just before she left we were staring to get close and were flirting with each other. Just before she left, at the airport, I kissed her. When she returned she was really distant from me because I screwed up. Or at least that's what I thought was the reason she distanced herself.

"That wasn't because of you." She murmured.

"Then why else did she act like that?"

"I don't know. But enough about the past, are you going to ask her out or not?" She asked.

Well I guess it's worth trying. If Ashley is right and she will come back if I mess up, then it's worth a try.

"Yeah I am. But I'm going to need your help setting up something special for her." I wanted it to be special, whether she would love or hate me that night, I wanted our first official date to be as special as her.

"Yes! I'm going to make sure every other girl dies with envy at your date for her!" Ashley said excitedly. Why did the girl I love best friend had to be such a pixie?! I thought as I seen her excitedly cooking up ideas.

I hope this goes well.

______

Please don't be a silent reader. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 681 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
16.4K 438 18
(Y/n) and Nathaniel together are best friends that have grown up with each other ever since they were five, now ten years have passed and they are bo...
41.7K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...
199K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...