Isadora

By enticingflaws

Isadora's life was nothing but normal. No matter how much she tried, she would be forever haunted by the supe... More

foreword
1| Day 53,656
2| Laced
3| Salvatore
4| Amore
5| Sól
6| The Siphoner
7| Hope
8| The Lovely Prisoner
9| Lovesick
10| Grave Peril
11| Ashes
12| Birthday
13| Past Heartaches
14| 150 Years Later
15| Revelations
16| Mending The Broken Heart
17| Better Love
18| Eclipse
19| Reunion
20| Normal
21| New Friends
22| Accusations
23| Secrets
25| Kaleb
26| Motives

24| Lacrosse

74 5 3
By enticingflaws

Tonight was the night of Caden's lacrosse game. But it wasn't actually a game that would count, it was for practice yet it was with another team. I didn't try to fully understand the concept of the word he used to describe it since I didn't care much about sports.

I cared about getting to New Orleans as soon as I could. So I thought of people who would be willing to drive me there. It was an empty list, only because I was friends with my brothers' friends. So they wouldn't allow me to leave without them knowing.

I didn't know if I should confront Stefan or Damon about it, they would probably say no to the road trip. I didn't even tell them about my new discoveries about Alice when they asked why I got detention on Tuesday. I said it was because I was talking to Caden about his lacrosse game. So now, they're coming to Caden's lacrosse game along with Elena.

The game wasn't going to start in another fifteen minutes, and in those minutes my opportunity of asking Stefan was going to fade. He was right beside me, eating the popcorn Damon compelled a student to buy for us. Stefan was eagerly watching the two sets of teams getting ready for the match, while I was freaking out on the inside.

"Lacrosse is for people who can't play football," Damon said as he sipped from his drink.

"Can you even play football?" Elena asked him.

"Yes Elena, I can play football." He whispered, "I can also compel people to do things for me."

"Noah was a nice kid, you didn't have to do that," I said.

"Then stop eating the popcorn," he yanked the bowl of popcorn I was munching on.

"Stefan," I said. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Are you busy this weekend?" I asked. I was terrified of his reaction. But if I could easily approach one of my brothers, it was Stefan.

"No, why?"

"Do you want to come to New Orleans with me?" I asked.

"What? Why do you want to go to New Orleans?" He asked, dropping the remainder of his popcorn onto the floor of the bleachers. The match was about to start because the band stopped playing and the players took their positions.

Throughout the whole match, I explained to Stefan what Alice was and what happened on Tuesday during detention while I tried to pay attention to the game. He didn't react as bad as I thought he would. He was willing to accompany me. I told him it was a way of finding the Claire he knew, but in reality, I wanted to go to New Orleans to find Davina Claire so I could ask her to help me free Kai. As long as Damon stays put in Mystic Falls, my plan will succeed without anyone knowing my true motives.

I sounded like an evil villain plotting maniacal schemes, but I wasn't as bad as the guy on the other team who punched a player on our team because he got mad. The game was almost finished and we were in the lead. I still didn't understand how this game worked, but I was having fun watching people score.

"He may be good at lacrosse, but is he good at football?" Damon would comment every time Caden scored a point.

Caden was the best, he scored most of the points tonight. Whenever he would score, he would somehow find me in the sea of people cheering and jumping. He would flash me his smile and continue the game. The four of us made our way down to the field so I could congratulate Caden.

"Good job," I said as I pulled his sweaty body closer for a hug.

"Thanks, I think you're my lucky charm. You should come to the next game to test out that theory."

I laughed, "or I could stay home and see if you lose or win."

"I'd prefer to win," Caden smiled as he wiped the sweat off his face with a towel. "So, I know you're new to the school and all. But do you want to maybe be my date for the masquerade ball on September 26?"

It was only September 5, there were at least three more weeks until the dance. But I was ecstatic to go. During all the time I spent in the prison world, I have always wanted to attend a high school dance. I couldn't wait.

"I'd love to," I said.

I guess Damon heard my answer from fifty meters away because he was now right beside Caden, who had a shocked expression.

"Can you even play football?" He asked Damon rested one of his arms on Caden's shoulder. He was trying to intimidate him.

"What?" Caden asked, confused.

"What my brother is trying to say is if you hurt our little sister we will hurt you," Stefan appeared on the other side of Caden. Oh God, this was embarrassing.

It was a good thing Elena came and sent Stefan and Damon away from Caden. At least she understood.

"Sorry about that," I said blushing.

"It's fine," Caden said. "Is your brother trying to recruit me for football or something because I can't play."

I tried to hold my laughter in as Caden and I headed to the Mystic Grill for celebratory milkshakes.

Waking up the morning after the lacrosse game was torture. I ended up going home at one in the morning, we spent our time laughing and talking about each other. There was a point in the conversation where he made me laugh so hard, I accidentally spit the milkshake in my mouth on his arm. Laughter comes with a price.

I was packing my suitcase for my three day trip to New Orleans. I would be back by Tuesday knowing valuable information. Stefan promised he would not tell Damon as long as I stayed by his side the whole trip. I obviously knew that was not going to happen, I cannot find Davina Claire without him bombarding me with questions. I did not know what method to use to escape him. I decided I would think about it on the plane ride there. Stefan did not want to drive such a long distance and since we had the money he opted for a plane ride instead.

"Where are you headed?" Elena walked into my room.

"Just a road trip with Stefan, he's taking me to Virginia Beach," I said. We already devised an alibi during the lacrosse game. "We'll be back by Tuesday morning."

"Is Damon coming?" She asked, looking through the clothes in my suitcase that were already packed.

"No."

"You should replace this shirt with this one," she advised. Elena switched out a navy blue top that read Abercrombie and Fitch for a white lace-up bell sleeve top we bought from American Eagle. The shops had weird names. "You're not going to Virginia Beach are you?"

"Why would you say that?" I asked. I was going to keep playing this game until I was caught.

"The lack of shorts, sunscreen and bathing suits."

"Okay, maybe we aren't," I said. "Just don't tell Damon, distract him when we leave in ten minutes."

"If you tell me where you're headed," she said slyly.

"New Orleans," I said.

"Your secret is safe with me," she said smiling. I did not know if I could trust her, she has not earned my trust yet even though both my brothers do. But if she follows through with her promise it will be.

a/n What do you guys think Isadora's plan will be? What do you think will happen in New Orleans? As always, please vote and comment.

If you're reading this story you most likely have watched TVD, but I'm still gonna include a GIF of Nina. :)

Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 18.9K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
423K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
453K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...