The Life Of A Spy (a One Dire...

By Book_Lover0001

Mia is not who everyone thinks she is, she loves her life. She ran away from home at a young age, her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 17

770 20 1
By Book_Lover0001

Chapter 17 

"Why don't we just let her sleep?" I heard a voice asked. I was so tired I would be overly happy to stay asleep. 

"Because when her parents come in they'll want to know why there's a guy in the closet. Remember, no one else remembers what happened with that dude last night," a know it all voice explained. I silently sighed as I remembered last night, they were talking about 034 and I knew it. I bolted up at the thought and opened my eyes, Liam and Harry were the ones talking over me. 

"What time is it?" I mumbled, I realized my throat was sore. I tried to cough it off but it wasn't working so I quit and let the guys talk.  

"9 in the morning but your parents are waiting outside in the hall, wonder why no one is answering," Liam explained. I sat up and noticed that Walter had left my side, I speed walked over to the door and opened it to reveal my parents standing there impatiently. 

"Hi mommy and daddy, you might want to call the agency. I have some one they might want to pick up," I told them. My dad pulled out his cell and put the number in as I led them in, I walked over to the closet and pulled 034 out on the chair. My mom walked forwards with a fake smile plastered over her face, she gave him a strong left hook across the face. 

"That's for nearly killing my daughter." She gave him a return right hook with double the power. "That's for betraying her." She stepped back and I heard my dad telling the agency who 034 was, he nodded once and hung up. 

"The agency said that they'll take him tonight when they come for the dinner," my dad said. I stared at him for a second. 

"What dinner?" I asked him, he gave me an odd look before switching to a look of understanding. 

"The agency is having a ball and dinner tonight down in the ballroom, they're celebrating your success on the huge mission and us coming back. You're suppose to go dress shopping with the all the girls when they wake up," my dad explained. I had an ear to ear grin on. 

"You're coming back to the agency?" I asked happily, this could mean that I'd get to see them more often. They both nodded and I pulled them into a hug. I remembered what I was told about my parents when I was 10, they told me that they were the best spies in our history before me. I was never told what made them so good and for some reason I'd never wanted to. 

Now I wanted to know.  

I promised myself that I'd demand for the full story some time after the ball, I turned around and saw the three girls I knew the best sleeping where ever. I smiled to myself and started to go around waking everyone up, I told them that all we had to do was wake Charlotte up and get changed before we went shopping. 

We were as quiet as possible when we went into Charlottes' room, we all lined up beside her bed. Jenna and I on one side and Laura and Rylee on the other. I held up my one hand and did a count down. At zero we all yelled. 

"WAKE UP!" Charlotte practically jumped out of bed with a scared look on her face, she was as pale as a ghost. We fell on our butts we were laughing so hard, Charlotte gave us the death glare before shooing us out to get changed. At that point we all went to our separate rooms to get changed. 

I changed into my beach short sweats and a hot pink tank top with blue paint splatters. I brushed out my hair with much difficulty, I would have had a shower but I wanted my hair wet when I did it for the dinner. I put my hair up into a messy bun and I pulled a thin black sweater on that had a lace pattern on the pocket. I put my phone in my back pocket and grabbed a blue and green purse and put all my money in there along with some other things like gum. 

I walked out into our living room and waited for the other girls to come when my mom came in, she had a worried look on her face. She stood in front of me for a second before she decided to actually speak. 

"He wants to talk to you," she told me simply. I nodded and got up but my mom stopped me for a second. "You don't have to if you don't want to." 

"I'll talk to him, you and dad can have a break until the other girls are ready to leave. You'll be wanting the break later so you might as well take it now," I told her as I saw her about to complain. She nodded and led the way out. I followed her at a slower pace, I didn't have a hang over but my cut did hurt after all that exercise yesterday. 

When we got into the hotel room I spotted my camera and realized I'd forgotten about it, I grabbed it before sitting down on stool across from 034. I ripped the duct tape off his mouth . 

"If you need any help your dad and I are just in the kitchen," my mom said before leaving me alone with the idiot. We sat there in silence for a minute before he decided to speak. 

"Do you really think I wanted to kill you?" he asked me in the familiar voice that I'd trusted for the longest time. I thought about the question for a minute before I answered. 

"I would never have wanted to but after you threw a knife at me and ran away with the two people the tortured me I don't have any other choice. You threw a knife at my heart, only a sliver off from actually hitting my heart and killing me," I told him spitefully. He gave me a sympathetic look but I only glared at him. 

"I had to be that close otherwise they would have think that I missed on purpose, his way they didn't suspect anything. You're exactly like a sister to me, why would I ever want to kill you?" he explained to me. I didn't buy a word of it but I knew I might as well try and squeeze some information out of him. 

"If you're really on my side then you'll tell me where Gale and Kelly are hiding. I'll have the agency track them down and if they're not there then I'll know you've been lying to me," I told him with a smirk. 

"I'll tell you and the agency tonight then when you turn me over," he said. I smiled at him. 

"Awesome, I'll see you tonight then," I told him before going into the kitchen to find my parents listening to the conversation through the wall. "You can say it, I'm a miracle worker." 

"I have to admit, you have a way with getting that guy to talk. You could have had a beautiful career as a lawyer, would have tricked everyone into talking. If the location he gives us is right though he won't be in jail for nearly as long," my dad explained. I nodded, I knew this all when I was talking to 034. 

"I know but it's a chance I'm more than willing to take to find Gale and Kelly, I need them to get put away as soon as possible," I told him. There was knock on the door that I assumed to be the girls. "I'll be going, soon you two tonight." 

I walked through the living room, ignoring everything that 034 was saying, I opened the door and found all the girls waiting for me. I joined them on the walk to the elevator. 

"He's going to tell us where they are," I said simply. I had a small smile on my face. 

"That's awesome, you won't have to worry about them any more!" Laura said happily. I nodded without the grin fading, not even for a second. 

"I think I might be able to actually enjoy this afternoon now!" I said happily as we walked out of the elevator. 

"Well in that case I guess I have more good news, we got your car here!" Rylee said. I burst into a grin, I loved my car. We would definitely have enough room in the trunk now. I hopped into the front seat and start the engine, it roared to life cleanly and I smiled. Everyone else got in slower than me and I had to use everything in my power not to yell at them to hurry up. 

Once they were in though I sped away to the mall, I knew it had tons of stores with nice ball gowns that everyone would go crazy over. I couldn't help but smile to myself, it felt so good to be a normal teenager for an afternoon. I would get to go shopping for dresses like I would have for prom if I hadn't missed it. 

"I hae more good news for us before we go shopping though," Jenna said happily. I smiled, this day was just going to get better and better for me. "Since the agency is throwing the ball last second and we haven't had the chance to save up our money for the dresses, they're paying." 

"That's awesome!" I said happily before I pulled into the parking lot. I was lucky to find a parking space not too far from the mall, we wouldn't have to walk far while being loaded down with ball gowns. I pulled the key out and jumped out of the car, everyone followed in suit and I locked the car before putting my keys in my purse.  

We walked through the parking lot and into the large mall, I turned around as I admired the hugeness of it all. There were hundreds of stores and a good chunk of them were dress stores. I've never been much of a dress person but I do enjoy dancing and celebrating, I guess I'd make an acceptation for tonight though. I have always want to go shopping like a regular teenager, the closest I'd ever gotten was when I spent the day with Charlotte. 

"What store should we go to first?" Charlotte asked excitedly. I smiled and looked at one of the bigger shops that had poofy dresses, I knew that since this was going to be a ball that there would be plenty of gowns like those.  

"Okay Liz, we'll go in that store," Rylee said, snapping me out of my trance. I let out a small laugh as we walked over to the store, there was only one dress in the window though. It was a light blue bejeweled top that led down to a poofy light blue bottom, it was beautiful but definitely not my style.  

We walked straight in and started to go through the racks. So far I hadn't found a thing, I'm not always the best person to look for dresses on my own. Soon Laura joined me after she'd picked out a few dresses to try on, with her and everyone else eventually helping me I had seven dresses to try on. 

When it came to the change room part we decided that we would go one at a time so that we could help each other decided. Rylee was up first, she had three different dresses to try on. They we all different colours and all different styles. She went in and decided to try on a strapless light orange dress first. 

Everyone else, including me, were sitting in the chairs with their dresses beside them. We were all playing on ours phones, I was playing Angry Birds. I was about to shoot my blue birds when the door opened, it startled me so much that I sent the bird straight to the ground. I looked up and saw Rylee wearing a dress that really did not look very good on her, from the look on her face I could tell that she agreed. 

"We're all at a no on this one right?" Rylee asked. Everyone nodded in sync and Rylee walked back into the change room with a light purple gown I knew would look good on her. It was quite a bit shorter than any of the other dresses but still had the poofy aspect to it. 

When she walked out I smiled at it, it had small gems hidden in the poof that made her sparkle. A small bow of ribbon was of to the side with a medium shade of purple, it went around her stomach an signaled the change in fabric. It was strapless and the part of fabric about the ribbon was a light shade of purple that had a single strap over her shoulder. 

"That is totally the one!" Charlotte said excitedly. We all nodded in agreement and Rylee looked overjoyed with the choice. She walked back into the change room and Laura when in the stall next to hers, she was going in with only two dresses.  

Rylee came out two minutes later, she was going to pay for her dress with the credit card from the agency after Laura came out. Until then she sat on one of the chairs with the dress beside her while she played on her phone.  

We were like this for hours, going in and out of stores until some one found a dress, it was long work but we finished around 4:30. We had stopped for pizza around 1 but other then that we didn't stop for anything. I was the last person to find a dress but it was the perfect dress, after we finished with dresses we'd gone shoe shopping. My dress would wouldn't cover my feet but I didn't care so I got some nice high tops, everyone else had gotten flats or heels. I would have worn my boots but I loved wearing high tops with this kind of dress. 

We drove home with my trunk packed full of all the shoes and dresses. When we finally got back to the hotel we were all weighed down but made it inside. We had to walk by the ballroom so I got to have a quick look. All I can say is that it looked beautiful. Once we took the elevator up to our room we all went to our separate rooms so we could shower. 

I peeled off my old clothes and hopped into the shower, the warm water washed away the kinks in muscles. It felt wonderful while the soapy water washed the grease, blood and dirt out of my knotted hair. I'd forgotten how good a shower could feel. When I used my shampoo and conditioner I used the hair things that would make my hair dye wash out. The colours of my hair washed down the drain and my black hair reappeared slowly. 

I stayed in the shower for longer then need just to make sure all the evidence on my body was gone from the horrible incident. I had a thin scab line that I was sure not to pick at, I didn't want it to start bleeding again. When I did get out of the shower though I took one of my clean pieces of clothe and tied it around my body so it covered the cut. Next I slipped into my dress and put my high tops on, my hair was up and my towel and it was already 5:15. 

I walked out into Charlottes room where we'd decided to do all our hair and make up. Everyone had their make up done but only Jenna had her hair done. I smiled and joined them. Laura had settled on a neon orange ball gown that reached the ground, the bottom half had different shades of orange around it. The top half had flowing lines all around it, it was strapless. She wore orange sneakers under her dress that very few people would see. She had a bit of foundation on with blue eye liner on with some mascara. 

Jenna had settled on a multiple coloured, it was red, orange and yellow. Those colours were scattered in different shades around the bottom half that had small designs on it, the top half had flame designs made of the different cloured sequins. It had two thin shoulder straps and was about half a foot off the ground, she wore hot pink holey flats. Her hair was straightened, the top half was up in a mini bun. She had light orange eye shadow one with black eye liner. 

Rylee was wearing the dress we'd picked at the first store with nice heels. The heels were different shades of purple that formed designs. She had on light purple eye shadow, some light mascara and black eye liner, she had put on some foundation to cover the bags under her eyes. 

Charlotte had chose a green gown that stopped at her knees, the skirt was different shades of neon green with small gems hidden within that sparkled. The top was a plain neon green, it had two ribbons as the straps. The colour of the straps matched the line of ribbon that went around her stomach, a light green colour. She had light green eye shadow on with black eye liner on and some mascara, she had a small amount of foundation on her face. 

Charlotte had me sit down on the bed while she did my make up, I had foundation under my eyes to cover the bags that I had from staying up too late in the hospital. I had always found it had to fall asleep in the hospital after I got stabbed, I was always afraid that I would die while I was asleep.  

I had pale green eye shadow on with light blue eye liner on, Charlotte carefully put my mascara on my eyelashes. I was surprised by how good she was at make up considering her age, I guess age really was just another number. After Charlotte had finished my make up Jenna took me over to the couch and pulled my hair out of the towel. My black hair curled into spirals. 

Jenna took two pieces of my hair from either side and braided them both separately, connecting them in the back. It looked like I had a small crown on my head now. The rest of my hair she left alone with the spiral curls.  

After that I moved out of the way for everyone else to get their hair done. By the time everyone had finally gotten their hair and make up done we headed down to the elevator, it was 6 and the dinner would officially start in fifteen minutes. We walked out of the elevator, heels clicked on the tile flooring loudly. There was a bit out a red carpet set out for the event with security waiting at the entrance.  

"Names?" they asked. We each told them out spy numbers before we went in. My black and white, lace up, high tops looked out of place with the dress but I loved it. The dress was a sea foam green with a splash of blue. It went down a bit past my knees and puffed out just enough, it was strapless and my black hair counteracted nicely with the lighter coloured dress. The top was designed with some spare pieces of scrap blue, there was a light blue bow out of scrap material on my right waist. 

Most of the eyes were on us when we entered the room, everyone was still up and gossiping since dinner hadn't started. Across the room I spotted Walter giving me a huge smile. 

Walters' POV********************* 

I was speechless when I saw Elizabeth enter, she was beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. I loved how she was able to rock the tomboy high tops in a dress like that. As she walked down the red carpet I felt like I was falling in love all over again, I had almost forgotten how much I'd loved her. Last night had been magical, she had told me that she felt the same way about me as I felt about her.  

She led the way as all the girls walked closer and closer to our table. After everything the seating organizers had given us one of the head tables. All the girls with her and all the guys with me were sitting there. Her parents were sitting at the head most table since they were pretty much legend in our world.  

"You know you look absolutely beautiful in that dress," I told Elizabeth as she came closer. I saw her cheeks grow red but a smile was still broad on her face. She didn't seem to have any idea how beautiful she was but I did. 

She was the most beautiful girl in the whole world. 

Elizabeth's POV********************* 

Walter was being so nice, it was almost suspicious. I cast the thought aside though, that was just the kind of things some one said to some one else that they loved. My cut was actually numb, my mom had put some medical stuff on it before I tied the bandage back over it. Everyone was starting to sit down for the dinner and I joined them. I sat straight backed so I wasn't leaning on my cut. 

I had a good feeling about this dinner.

Okay, so there it is. One more chapter until this book ends. *bursts into tears* I'll miss getting to update this story, but when I get an idea I'll start on the sequel. Please enjoy this chapter of the book. Next Friday will be the last time I get to post on my account until I find new ideas. If I have a good feeling about it, then I'll post one of my other fan fictions. Please stay tuned! One chapter until I change this to complete.

Vote if you'll miss me updating this story.

Comment if you have any ideas for the sequel.

Fan me cause I'm the awesomest person ever!

~Kat:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 6.1K 25
This is the second book in the Hitman series, it can be read as a standalone but you'll understand characters a bit better if you read 'Falling for a...
268K 6.3K 52
Love Rejection Heartbreak -------------------------------------------------------- Mia has spent her life living like she's invisible in her own hous...
103K 2.3K 28
Allison is definitely torn around the edges. Allison. Just Allison. No last name, no middle. Her town calls her 'Grey' because her once blue sparklin...
1.1M 14.3K 32
Sophie is a normal seventeen year old. She has average grades, a bestfriend and lives in a normal house. Her secret? She's the princess of the United...