The Life Of A Spy (a One Dire...

By Book_Lover0001

Mia is not who everyone thinks she is, she loves her life. She ran away from home at a young age, her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 15

838 22 5
By Book_Lover0001

Chapter 15 

1 Week Later------------------- 

It's been one week. One week since I almost died. One week since I've killed some one. One week in the hospital. One week since Walter said he loved me. I've never really realized how much could happen in one day, one week. Such short amounts of time and so much has happened.  

While in the hospital I was visited everyday by my friends and family, that includes the guys of One Direction. Walter never left my bed side when I was awake. He only ever slept when some one made him and rarely ate any food. He entertained me and filled me in on ever single factor of life outside of the hospital. 

Malcolm and Louis probably came to visit me the most, they never stayed as long as Walter did but they would visit for long hours at a time. They made me smile every time they came in and they would always make jokes to help make me laugh. They helped me through every moment, every second. 

After a week in that hospital room, getting get well soon cards and waiting for my cut to heal more, I finally got to leave. I get to stay in a hotel room with everyone, we got 2 penthouse suites that were across the hall from each other. The guys were staying in the one room and the girls in the other, except for my parents who were sharing a room in the girls' penthouse. 

I was joining them today, right now I was sitting in the limo with Walter who had come with me to make sure I was safe. I still had a large piece of cloth covering my cut which was drenched in disinfectant. They had gotten my suitcase from my hotel room in Paris and brought it up to my room in the hotel. When I got the news that I could leave they sent me my usual sweat pants and tank top. 

"Are you excited to be out?" Walter asked me. I smiled at him, when ever he was in the same room with me he always kept a conversation up. I enjoyed having him around though, his light hearted mood always kept my spirits up. 

"After spending a week in a hospital room I'd be happy for almost anything, it's suppose to be only one more week until I'm able to get back to duty," I told him happily. I loved being a spy, it was the best job ever and I loved it more than anything. I knew it was a dangerous field when I joined but I didn't care, every time I got hurt I didn't care cause all I ever wanted to do was get back to work. 

"We're planning on having a movie marathon tonight with pizza and popcorn and tomorrow night we're all going out to a nice restaurant. The guys all felt bad about you getting hurt so they're paying for the dinners and the commander is have the rooms payed for, they didn't want to make anyone pay for it since you're out of the job for a little while." I smiled, this was going to be awesome. I got to hang out with my family and my awesome friends, yeah I guess after nearly dieing by One Direction and living with them for a week you get close to people. 

"This is going to be awesome, I hope they remember to grab ice cream. Ice cream always makes movies better," I said with a smile. He let out a small laugh, we both made each other laugh a lot while he spent time with me. He were just pulling up to the hotel and I smiled to myself, I couldn't wait to get to spend a week with these people. 

Walter helped me out of the limo and into a wheel chair, I had said that I was fine walking but he'd insisted. I was wheeled into the hotel through the front door, for once there were no fans out crowding the entrance. Security had kept it under full wraps and sent away any directioners that came anywhere near the hotel. 

The lobby was jumbo, high ceiling, love seats, couches, fireplaces and stores everywhere. We went straight to the elevator that was made of glass, it was double sided and on the other side there were three jumbo pools, five hot tubs, four saunas and two jumbo steam rooms, one for girls and one for guys. One pool was a deep on with multiple high dives, another was a wave pool and the third was just a normal pool with six slides leading into it. It was one of the biggest pool areas I've seen because the second area was a water park.  

After I lost sight of pool area it was only a minute until we reached the top floor, I was wheeled out into the hallway. There were two doors on this floor, that meant this entire floor was ours. Walter pushed me down the hall way to the room on the right, he knocked on the door and a moment later my mom opened the door. She took me from Walter and started to wheel me in, I waved goodbye before she closed the door. 

"Have you guys gotten a chance to go down to the pool area yet? It looks amazing," I commented as my mom rolled me into the living room. I looked around and noticed that Charlotte was there. "Charlotte, I had no idea you were down here." 

"I just came in earlier today, after all that business with 034 they had a different agent look after me until they had a chance to send me out. I was going to head down to the pool tonight before I heard that we were having a movie night," she explained. I smiled at her and shifted myself onto the couch, I was offered help but denied it. I hated being dependent on some one else. 

"I know, I can't wait for the movies tonight. It's a good thing that I was chosen to take your place, no one would want you to get stabbed by that knife." She smiled at me. 

"You were really brave though, going in there and facing five people alone. I don't know anyone else that would have taken on five people alone, let alone five well trained ex-spies," she commented. I smiled at her. 

"I wouldn't have gone in there either if they hadn't tortured me before, I needed my revenge. If 034 hadn't stepped in I wouldn't have gotten hurt, it's his fault that I got hurt. It was him that threw the knife at me in the first place." She nodded in understanding but stayed silent, she could tell that I didn't want to talk about it any more. She had spent a lot of time with the guy and not realized anything like that about him. 

I lifted myself back into my wheelchair and rolled myself off to my room, I wanted to take a bit of a break from all of this. I opened the door carefully before moving myself in and closing the door from the inside. I grabbed my phone off of my bedside table and checked the time, it was 2:37p.m.  

I had enough time to take a nice long nap. 

I heaved myself onto my bed and slipped my Sketchers off. I laid down and sleep took me over in seconds. 

5:30 that night------------------------- 

"I promise, it was all an act. Why else would I have missed?" he asked me. I shook my head. I knew I shouldn't believe him but I wanted to, more then anything I wanted to believe in this lie he was telling to me. 

"Why would you have shot if you weren't trying to kill me? You gave them a chance to get away and that is unforgivable. You know what I went through when I was there, how could you?" I demanded. I was surrounded by white, only white. He was there in pure black and I was in pure white. It was as though the colours said who was pure and who was tainted. 

"Liz, I love you. I want you to come with me. Run away with me, I know you've run away before. A second time shouldn't be that hard for you," he told me. I hesitated, why did I hesitate? I hated this guy, why would he say that he loved me? 

"Well I hate you, stay away from me." He looked taken aback but I didn't care. I willed myself to wake.  

======================================== 

"Come on Lizzy, you have to wake up now. We're going for dinner," my dad's voice said. I opened my eyes and found him looking down on me, I smiled up at him. I gave him a hug, I'll admit it. I missed seeing him everyday. 

"I'll be there soon, you can go ahead without me," I told him. I started to lift myself into my wheelchair but he didn't leave. 

"What about-" I stopped him. I finally was out of bed and had settled down in the chair. 

"Dad, I'll be fine. I'll meet you there, you can go make sure they have enough food," I told him. He nodded and left, I knew if we didn't have enough food we'd be in trouble. My dad was well built from going to the gym every morning he had black hair like everyone else in my family and had blue eyes. A nice combination. 

I rolled myself out of the large room and into the hallway, I knocked on the door and sat back. After a minute Zayn opened the door, I only saw him a few times when I was in the hospital. Probably because he had to get stitches on his own injury, my fix on it was only a minor one. 

"How's the side?" I asked him as I rolled myself in. He shut the door behind me and turned back to face me. 

"A little sore but I imagine you're probably worst. Here, I'll just push you in."  

"I can do it," I said in defence but he had already started pushing me. When we got to the living room I found everyone looking through multiple stacks of movies, there were fifteen boxes of untouched pizza sitting on the large coffee table. They must have been waiting for me to get there. "So, what movie's first?" 

"We can't decide," Harry said. I smiled, tonight I wasn't going to be te tie breaker for movie votes.  

"Well tell me when you do, I want to get started on all that pizza. Zayn, you can just leave me here," I said, he had been pushing me towards the stacks of movies. "And Walter? I'm ditching the wheelchair, I really don't need it." I stood up from the chair and found that my legs weren't as wobbly as I thought they'd be. 

"Fine, but your keeping it. I don't want you to start needing it again after we get rid of it." I smiled before sitting down in one of the two large couches. Everyone else was going through the movies, including my parents. I knew we were going to be here for awhile. 

"Why don't you just make a pile of all the movies you want to watch? Then we can go through those," I suggested. After a serious of nodding and shuffling there was a tall pile of movies to watch and a slightly shorter for movies no one really wanted to watch.  

Everyone was still debating what to watch and I was getting bored, and hungry. I shifted myself onto the ground and over to the bigger pile of movies that everyone was now going through. I joined them and quickly found a movie I could agree on. 

"Let's watch this one, I haven't seen it in forever," I complained. Everyone looked up and saw the movie I was holding.  

"I love that movie!" Charlotte said happily. I smiled, this girl really is making a good impression on me.

I passed the movie to her and she put it in the DVD player, I moved over to the coffee table and grabbed a paper plate. I piled it with 3 pieces of pizza. Yum, pizza. I plopped down on the couch while everyone else got their pizza.  

After everyone had their pizza and the movie was going Harry went and turned the lights off, now the only light was coming from the movie. 

"So why do we have to watch Narnia?" a voice said from my left side. I turned and saw Zayn smiling from beside me, out of all the guys I probably knew the least about him. I saw and heard him the least when I was living with the guys. Niall was always talking to me, Louis always kept me close, Liam was always nice, Harry, well I didn't see him too much either. The only time I really talked one on one with Zayn was when I went out with him to five guys burgers and fries in LA. 

"Because it's an amazing movie." I took a bite out of second piece of pizza, this was really good cheese pizza. I loved pizza. We sat there in almost pure silence, I was on the verge of tears though when the lion was stabbed, it got me every time. Walter, who was on my other side, pulled me closer to him once I'd finished my pizza. 

After the first movie was over my parents went off to bed, Charlotte went too after a lot of arguing with Louis. Malcolm was forced to by my parents and I. Now everyone was trying to figure out what movie number two was going to be, the guys made us cross out the other Narnia movies. I was sad that Charlotte hadn't been there to back me up on it.  

"Why don't we play a game?" Zayn suggested. We were having major difficulty trying to find the right movie. This would probably be the safest option while we thought about which movie we were going to watch next. 

"Let's do it!" Harry said happily. I never have had the chance to see the fun side of the guys, while being Charlotte I realized that Louis often did have a protective side. I always did love having fun with friends but I haven't gotten a chance to do it in a long time.  

"What game should we play?" I asked happily. I hoped it would be a good game, something I could really enjoy tonight. 

"No drinking games!" Liam said quickly before anyone else could suggest a game. I smiled, I knew we could always count on Liam to say something about being safe. He was the protective one of the entire group. 

"Fine, how about truth or dare?" Jenna suggested. I smiled, truth or dare was my best game. I always won, I've never been known to turn down a dare. 

"I love that idea, let's play on the floor," Louis said. We all moved to the floor and sat around in a circle, I was sitting between Harry and Liam. I sat there carefully with a straight back, if I slouched then my cut would start to hurt again. 

"Zayn, truth or dare?" Rylee asked. 

"Dare." I smiled, Rylee always gave wicked dares. 

"I dare you to go down to the pool and belly flop into the water from the high dive," she dared him. I grinned, her dares really were hilarious. 

"In that case I will be right back," he said before running off to his room. I smiled at this I loved playing truth or dare. 

"I'll be right back too," I said before jumping to my feet. I started to walk out of the room when I realized that Walter was following me. I turned back to face him. "I'm not going to die by going to my room for a minute." He smiled but backed off and sat back down in the group. I walked down the small hallway and across the main hallway to in front my room. I had grabbed my room key off of my bedside table so I didn't get locked out. 

I put put my key in and the door clicked open, I pushed it in and I hurried into my room. I searched through my suitcase and found my camera, I was surprised when Walter had told me that they'd gotten my camera. I though I'd lost it forever. 

I put it around my neck and looked in the mirror before I left, it made my do a double take. My hair was still a mess and in some places there was still a bit of dried blood. I had forgotten that I haven't had the chance to have a shower in over a week, I decided to put on a bit of extra deodorant before I left. I really didn' want to scare everyone away. 

I tiptoed out of the room, I really didn't want to wake everyone else up. I closed the door carefully and turned around to the guys door, and raised my hand to knock but the door opened before I had the chance. 

"Ready to jump?" I asked Zayn who had opened the door. He nodded before we walked down the hallway, he was just wearing his swimming shorts now. Everyone piled into the elevator and we went down, out of the far side I saw the pool. It was empty in there so we weren't going to get disturbed.  

The side of the elevator that led into the pool area opened, we piled out of the elevator and into the huge pool area. I took a seat fairly far away from the dive, I was just close enough to be able to snap good pictures.  

I smiled as Zayn started to climb up the dive, I turned my camera on and turned the sport mode on so that I could get it frame by frame. He was at the top now, he stood on the edge of the diving board and I knew exactly what he was feeling. The butterflies that made your stomach drop to the ground and light headed feeling. I loved that scared feeling, it's what I lived for. 

"Just jump!" Rylee yelled up at him. She was grinning like a manic, I knew she loved this game more then anything. Zayn took a breath and jumped, I set off my camera and I snapped every moment. He hit splash down and I winced, that was going to hurt in the morning. Or it was going to hurt right now.  

After a short moment he resurfaced and climbed out of the side of the pool. He snatched a towel off of a nearby table and dried his face off before slumping down in one of the chairs. 

"That hurt, badly," he said simply. Everyone laughed at him, his stomach was beet red and I knew he would be in major pain right now. "Laura, truth or dare?" 

"Truth," she said simply, she was kind of a chicken but could be a daring person. I hoped that this was going to be a good question. 

"Who do you like the best out of One Direction?" he asked. Everyone laughed, I knew this probably wouldn't end very well. She might end up getting thrown into the pool, depending on who she picked. I knew who it was going to be though. 

"Harry," she said simply with a smile. I laughed, she couldn't see what was about to happen but I, along with everyone else, knew what was about to happen. I guess this is what she was saying the wrong band member. Louis surprised her at the last second and she ended up floundering in the water with a surprised look on her face. 

"The carrot king rules all!" he yelled at her. I laughed, this one the fun times I was looking forwards to tonight. Laura splashed him and he let out a small, girl like, shriek. 

"The carrot king deserves to get pushed into the pool," she said with a laugh as Jenna pushed Louis in. Everyone burst out laughing and I decided to get some awesome pictures of these crazy people I called my friends. It was one of the best times I've had in a very long time. After a few minutes everyone except for me was in the pool, I smiled at their soaking clothes.  

"Now was this worth it?" I asked between laughs. Walter turned to face me, he smirked and I shook my head but still got out and started to walk towards me. "No, please no!" He gave me a hug and I was all wet, I pushed him away though. 

"That's what you get or laughing, you're just lucky that you're not aloud to do any activities. If you were then you'd be in the pool right now," he said with a smirk. I glared at him and took a picture of him.  

"Finally, something good has come out of this. Now go enjoy yourself," I told him. He turned and did a cannon ball into the pool. 

I watched everyone and took pictures until they were done. I had hundred of pictures but I planned on taking more when we continued with our game. We piled into the elevator and after getting hugs from everyone I looked like I did go into the pool. The girls and I went back into the room to change into some dryer clothes, after we were done we planned to go back to the boys room and play another game. We had continued with truth or dare and I had only been asked a few questions. 

I dried off and changed into my hot pink sweat pants and a black tank top. I went out into the hallway in bare feet, ditching my runners. I knocked on the door and after a minute Louis opened the door. I walked in and we sat down in the circle with everyone else. There were a pile of cups and a ton of beers and coolers in the center of the circle. 

"What game are we playing?" I asked. All the other girls had already arrived, I was the last person to join and something said I was the only one out of the loop.  

"Never Have I Ever, lets get started," Harry said with a slightly crooked smile. He passed around the the beers so that everyone had one. I held mine carefully, the only time I drank majorly was in Paris. 

"I still don't think that this is a good idea, Michelle and Robert are just next door. They will get us in total crap if the find out, not to mention there are two little kids on this floor. We shouldn't be setting a bad example," Liam lectured. I smiled, always rely on Liam to lecture everyone about drinking. 

"Lighten up, they won't care if they don't know," I explained. "Let's get started!" I said happily. Everyone smiled at my good mood, most people wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am now. Especially after getting stabbed by a throwing knife. 

This game was going to be fun.

This is kind of a fun chapter, the next one is more funny but also kind of romantic. I really hope you like this one. I've now finished all the chapters for this book, I'm planning on making a sequel but I'll only start when I find time. I'm a very busy person at the moment. Anyways, enjoy the chapter and enjoy the weekend while it lasts!

Vote if you liked it.

Comment your thoughts.

Follow if you like my stories.

~Kat:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 716 23
Grace was just a normal girl, had a job at her Aunt's Pub, loved spending time with her best friend, and was a happy-go-lucky kind of girl. But she h...
13.7K 305 15
Directionators and Directioners: terms known well in the fan fiction, tumblr, twitter, and internet world. Those are the two distinct groups surroun...
33.1K 981 29
*This story is set in the 1950's-1960's and based on the real mystery of Alcatraz.* Twenty year old Hazel doesnt know what else to do with her life a...
996K 5.5K 36
*WARNING THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL STORY* Haha, hey! How's it going? I'm Amelia Parker, and I've got what everyone wants. My best mate for life, got f...