Love Like A Delinquent

By 3mmaRawrs

3 years ago, my Step Dad adopted a son. His name was Hunter. For 13 years of his life, Hunter was neglected a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16 (:
Chapter 17 <3
....Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (:
Chapter 20 >.<
Chapter 21 :$
Chapter 22 <3
Chapter 23 <3
Chapter 24 <3
Chapter 25 <3
Chapter 26 <3
Chapter 27 <3
Chapter 28 <3
Chapter 29 <3
Chapter 30 <3
Chapter 31 <3
Chapter 32 <3
Chapter 33 <3
Chapter 34 <3
Chapter 35 <3
Chapter 36 <3
Chapter 37 <3
Chapter 38 <3
Chapter 39 <3
Chapter 40 <3
Chapter 41 <3 {END}
Sequel Info!

Chapter 8

353K 5.5K 2.4K
By 3mmaRawrs

Hunter's P.O.V

Kat was smiling at me, reaching her hand out to take mine. Her silky blonde hair hung down in messy curls unlike her usual straight, and she wore a thin strapped white dress.

Her forehead pressed against mine.

"Come with me." She whispered.

Smiling back to her, I slipped my fingers through hers and we began to walk down the little path outside of the apartment. It was early morning, then sun was shining brightly, and I felt almost genuinley...happy?

You're going fucking soft Hunter!

I ignored my conscionce though, and proceeded to walk hand in hand with Kat.

Another voice ticked my ear.

You're gonna lose her.

My free hand touched my lip ring through nerves.

You're gonna lose her.

Dad...Dad's voice penetrated my mind.

You're gonna lose her.

"Shut the fuck up?!" I begged desperatley.

Kat pulled me close to her and stared deeply into my eyes with concern. She pryed my fingers away from my lip ring and gazed sadly.

"Are you ok?" She asked gently.

I recomposed myself. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

She smiled. "What was wrong?"

"I just got this feeling that..."

She raised an eye-brow. "That you were gonna lose me?"

I nodded, bewildered. "Yeah. How did you know that?"

Kat didn't answer though. Instead, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she slumped down in my arms; blood soaking through the whiteness of her dress. Startled, I jumped back in alarm and her lifeless body crashed to the floor.

In the distance, I saw him. Dad. Walking away with a gun in his hand, popping his head back in my directions and allowing our identical eyes to slice into one anothers.

I flinched at his cold glare.

He gestured to Kat with his head. "That should have been you."

When I woke up, I was shaking and my black hair was messily sticking to my forehead. I risked a glance at Kat and sighed thankfully as I realized that she was asleep.

Then I thought.

Was that what was going to happen if I got close to her?

Close to anyone?

Did I cause people harm?

I'd never forgive myself if another person got hurt because of me. Mom had died because of me, because Dad had found me hiding pathetically in my wardrobe. I mean...sure Mom hated me, but she was still my Mom and that made me love her. Her death had pained me more than anything.

Dad however, that sick bastard could go to hell.

I burried my face in my hands, wondering just how much pain I would cause for people. Then I decided, the best way to keep people...Kat safe...

Was to stay the fuck away.

Kat's P.O.V

"Are you guys in a fight or something?" Chris asked me as we enterred a local resturaunt for dinner a few days after they'd gotten back.

His question was obviously directed at Hunter who was being insanely distant and hadn't spoken a word to me since last night. He seemed a little uneasy. I wondered if maybe he was just having a bad day, recovering from a nightmare that I'd slept through, or if he really was just going back to being a quiet boy that hid in the corner.

Either way, I'd just asked him if he was alright and he'd stormed past me to go into the male bathrooms.

I shrugged at Chris. "He's been acting different since this morning."

"No he's not." Mom said, passing me a menu. "Hunter's been acting different ever since last Monday. He's back to his normal self now."

"This isn't his normal self though." Chris pressed. "Do you honestly think that Hunter was like this before..."

We all knew he meant the 'no go zone.'

Mom just flipped her hair. "Well, the boy wasn't exactly brought up in a very homey atmosphere. Abusive and alcaholic Dad, the same for a Mother. Something tells me he's always been angry but he was too scared to take it out on his parents. Now that they're...late...he feels free to let his anger out. We have to face it, Hunter's just a very angry boy."

"Stop bitching about him." I muttered.

"Language."

"What?" I demanded. "You're slagging off my friend and his family! It's not his fault that his Dad was a freaking psycotic and his Mom took out her anger on him."

Chris nodded in agreement. "She's right, you know?"

Mom pursed her lips. "Maybe. I just think that we need to get help for Hunter. I mean, he's 17 next year. He can't live his life this way."

"I'm not sure that he'd respond well to therapy." Chris mused.

"And he'd probably get kicked out of anger management for being...angry." I added.

Mom sighed. "There's got to be something that can help him."

We all seemed to have enterred a deep 'thinking time' but were cut out of it as Hunter returned from the bathrooms. His fists were clenching and unclenching repeatedly and he looked as if he'd thrown water over his face to cool down.

He slumped down in the seat next to mine and stared down at the table.

And then Mom stupidly blurted out. "Hunter, how do you feel about therapy."

"What the fuck?" He demanded, snapping his head up and clenching his fists together again.

"Shh!" Chris urged. "We're in a public place, don't swear!"

A black haired, Chinese looking waitress skipped over to our table with a notepad and pen in hands. She gave us a friendly smile and then spoke gently.

"Good evening, I'm Christie and I'll be your waiter for your time here. Can I get you any drinks?"

Hunter slammed his fist against the table. "I don't need fucking therapy!"

Mom pointed a stern finger at him. "Some proper disipline, that's what you need!"

I nervously looked at Christie with a shy smile. "Can you give us a second?"

She nodded desperatley and then hurried away.

"Guys!" I hissed. "That was rude!"

Chris laid a gentle hand on Hunter's shoulder but he immediatley flinched away. Not out of anger by the looks of it.

Out of fear.

Hunter grabbed his lip ring.

Yes, definitley fear.

"Hunter, can I talk to you outside?" He asked softly, his voice becoming more gentle as if he were speaking to a child and was about to break the news that Santa wasn't real.

Hunter didn't reply, but when Chris stood up, he followed.

I watched them as they headed to the exit of the resturaunt and then I faced my Mom who was glaring in disgust.

"What?" I asked her.

"I know this is a horrible thing to say, but if Chris ever dies, Hunter's going straight back to an adoption angency."

This time, it was my turn to glare in disgust.

"You're disgusting." I hissed, right before storming after Chris and Hunter.

I pushed the door open and turned to the corner, where I saw Hunter leaning against the wall and Chris standing in front of him. Chris had the 'you can talk to me' face but Hunter's face was saying 'Get the fuck away from me.'

Well, that's what his face was saying.

What his eyes were saying, you ask?

They said, 'please help me?'

Hunter and Chris looked up at my entrance.

"Hunter, you need to tell us what's wrong." I said gently, moving towards the black haired boy clutching his lip ring. "You've done so well this last week. Why are you throwing it all away now?"

"Shut the fuck up, Taylors!" He hissed.

"Hey!" Chris snapped, shoving his hand against Hunter's shoulder again.

Hunter flinched and shrugged Chris off, his eyes advancing on me.

"Why can't you fucking leave me alone?"

"Because I'm worried about you." I explained.

"Don't be."

"I can't help it!"

"Well then you're the one that needs help, not me!"

"Hunter-" Chris began, placing his hand on Hunter for a 3rd time.

That's when Hunter got this...terrified look in his eyes and just snapped.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME! YOU'RE NOT MY FAMILY! YOU'RE NOT MY SISTER! THAT BITCH IN THERE IS NOT MY MOM AND YOU SURE AS HELL ARE NOT MY DAD! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT A DAD IS TO ME? SOMEONE THAT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF ME EVERY TIME I SAY ONE WORD! WANNA KNOW WHAT A MOM IS TO ME? SOMEONE THAT SCREAMS HOW SHE WISHES SHE'D HAD A FUCKING ABORTION BECAUSE OF HOW FUCKING MESSED UP I AM! THAT'S WHAT FAMILY IS TO ME! AND EVERY TIME YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE MY DAD, OR YOU'RE BITCH OF A WIFE SAYS THAT SHE'S MY MOM, ALL I CAN THINK OF IS HOW YOU'RE GONNA HURT ME AND MESS ME UP EVEN MORE! SO DO ME A FAVOR AND JUST STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

6 hours later

"Chris, honey. We need to call the Police. Hunter's been missing for at least 6 hours. He was angry, he was reckless, and he doesn't know this place well. It's dangerous, and if you had any compassion or concern towards your son, then you would call for help."

Mom pushed the phone towards Chris but he just flipped her off.

After Hunter had screamed what he really felt, me and Chris had just kept absolutley silent. It was as if Hunter than realized what he had just said, regretted it and as a result, ran off into the darkness. Chris had been too frozen to move and I was too scared.

But now I was even more scared because...Hunter could be hurt.

I didn't want that.

Mom became wide eyed at Chris. "You're not phoning for help?! You're the boys Father and-"

Chris shot up. "Do not say that I am the boy's Father."

"What?"

"The only Fatherly figure he's ever had tried to kill him. I'm starting to realize that maybe he doesn't want another one."

"But sweetheart, you're not exactly going to put a gun to his head, are you?"

Chris sighed. "He doesn't understand, love. He's confused. I just...think it's better if we try to understand it from Hunter's point of view. Now, I guarrantee that Hunter will turn up in an hour or so. When he comes back, I'll make sure he's ok and then we'll move on. We'll put him into therapy whether he likes it or not, and try to help him proffesionally for once. Understand?"

Mom nodded. "Yes."

Chris looked at me. "Kat? You understand?"

I just nodded, desperatley wanting to know if Hunter was ok.

If he wasn't, I wasn't sure what I'd do.

45 Minutes Later

Mom had gone to bed, Chris was half asleep on the sofa and I was pacing frantically around the room like I had been doing for 20 minutes non stop. I just wanted to pick up the phone and dial for the Police. I was literally about to...when the door swung open.

Chris stirred but didn't wake fully.

"Hunter?" I whispered, walking towards the door. "Hunter, is that you?"

His body emerged from behind the door and he stumbled forwards, slamming it shut. He brought himself up from the stumble, and then tripped forwards a bit more.

His black hair was ruffled, his eyes a little bloodshot and his walk...

Drunk?

"You're drunk?" I demanded.

Hunter stood up straight and laughed edgily. "Nooo...."

"Walk in a straight line then." I ordered.

Hunter sighed. "Fiyyyanne."

And then he walked 4 steps forward in the most unstraight line that i had ever seen in my entire life. He actually tripped over his own feet on the last step, stumbled forwards and fell down onto his side. Pathetically.

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Chris? Hunter's back!"

Immediatley, Chris shot up from his half sleep on the couch and then darted over to where I stood and Hunter crouched. He looked at Hunter for a few seconds and then back to me.

"Drunk?"

"Oh yes." I replied.

Chris knealt down at Hunter. "Kid, are you drunk?"

Hunter groaned quietly and then hit the floor with his fist. "I'm fell on the floor."

Chris actually laughed a little bit. "Can you get up?"

Hunter looked at me, confused. "I am up."

"No you're not. You're on the floor." I explained, smirking.

Hunter shook his head. "No...you just on the...ceiling."

Chris ruffled Hunter's hair with a small smile. "Are you ok?"

"Nope, I'm Hunter."

And then Hunter started laughing uncontrollabley at his pathetic, lame, drunken joke. Still, he was laughing. Laughing. And it made me and Chris smile.

"Come on, bed time." Chris said, still laughing a little bit.

He placed his arms gently under Hunter's legs and neck, and then carefully lifted him up. He gently carried him over to our room and I held the door open for them. I also quickly headed over to Hunter's bed and pulled the blankets back.

As Chris gently lay him down, Hunter continued to speak randomly kind of like this...

"You're so weird, Chris. You thought that I was....called...Owwwkaaaaay. That's just stooopid. I'm Hunter. Rememberrrr?"

Chris carefully pulled Hunter's black hoodie over his head and then dumped it to the floor, leaving Hunter in his Green Day t-shirt.

Chris ruffled his hair again and then gently pushed him back against the pillows. "I do remember, kid. Are you ok to go to sleep now?"

Hunter kicked the bed. "Fuuuuck sake, Chris! I just toooold you I weren't called OK!"

Chris laughed quietly. "Ok, Ok."

"That's not my name!"

"I know, you're Hunter."

"And you're..." Hunter seemed to be looking around the room for the right word. He finally grinned and then pulled a serious expression. "Short."

"6 foot 3 is not short." Chris said, standing up from his knealing position.

Hunter became wide eyed. "You're stupid! It's Big Foot, not 6...oh my God, is this a pillow?"

That, me and Chris absolutley cracked up to.

Eventually, we recomposed ourself and Chris gestured to the door. "I'm gonna head off to bed. Make sure that he's alright, ok?"

I nodded. "Sure Chris."

"Night guys!"

"Night." I called after him.

The door closed and I frowned at Hunter. He smiled at me, and then raised a hand, gesturing me to come towards him which I did. I took the knealing position that Chris had been in minutes ago, and then leaned in closer to Hunter.

"Closer." He urged.

I was practically in his face right now. "What is it?" I asked.

"I like..."

"You like what?"

Hunter took a strand of my hair. "Your hair. It's pretty. It looks like the sun a bit."

I laughed again. "Um...ok, thanks."

Hunter's finger touched my nose. "Yorrr so pretty Kitty...that rythmes! But yeah, you're pretty."

Ok, he was seriously drunk!

Complimenting me?

That was a big step!

I blushed secretly. "So are you."

"I'm pretty?"

"You're pretty."

"Cooooooooooool."

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Hunter stroking my hair repeatedly and me just staring at his perfect features and beautiful face. Eventually, Hunter seemed to be drifting off and soon enough, his hand dropped from my hair and his green eyes closed.

Smiling softly to myself, I reached for the blankets and delicatley pulled them over Hunter who rolled over onto his side.

I made my way back to my own bed and then got into the covers myself, ready to take the piss out of Hunter for the rest of his life because he'd been so hillariously funny tonight.

I smiled to myself, thinking of how Hunter had just called me pretty.

He was drunk though. It didn't mean anything, right?

Yup, that's what I thought.

But if so, then why did Hunter call out my name in the middle of the night?

__________________________________________________________

(A.N) Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while! I had no ideas! But I hope that you guys liked the drunk Hunter? Honestly, I want my own Hunter :(

But thankyou all for reading, and please comment/vote because I;m really enjoying writing this story!:D

As always, have a good day wherever in this world you may be!

I'm gonna go listen to paramore and go to bed!:')

Night all! XXX

follow on tumblr and i'll follow back! http://3mmarawrs.tumblr.com/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 34 50
Madison's pov. Part 1 My mother and father are good people. We live in a nice house, my mother and father have two kids, me, and my sister Lexie. Mom...
5M 198K 36
THIS IS A SEQUEL TO HE'S MY MATE I feel the cold stones pressed to my back, seeping through the piece of fabric I have on to cover my body, the concr...
2.3M 68.2K 63
He pinned me to the wall and brought himself impossibly close to me. I was trapped, quite literally. He grabbed my ass and I gasped at the sudden gus...
299K 8.8K 48
"I will make sure he never lays a hand on you again." I look up and Hunter is heaving. "Why do you want me to stay? I forgave you, it's not like you...