Friends or More? (Book 1) [l...

By 5sosidk

In which Luke is in love with his best friend Victoria, who has a not-so-great boyfriend. Trying to navigate... More

Friends or More?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Authors Note

Chapter 41

168K 4K 1.4K
By 5sosidk

Victoria's P.O.V.

None of us have seen or even spoke to Michael in the past few days.

It's Monday today, I'm not going to school. This is stressing me out.

He isn't answering any texts or phone calls. He isn't answering anybody. 

I called Ashton and told him to come over, just he doesn't know we're going to go figure out what's happening with Michael.

There's a knock on the door and I go to answer it.

"Hey Ashton." I smile.

"Hey." He smiles. "Now what's so important you're skipping school and need me to come over?''

"We're going to try to talk to Michael today." I tell him

"Vic..." He says.

"Please Ash? I'm worried." I beg.

"Luke will kill me if he finds out." Ashton says.

"Luke won't find out, he's in school. Why would he get mad anyways?" I ask.

"Uh, because I'm with his girlfriend, who's skipping school, while trying to find Michael, the guy who really likes his girlfriend. And I don't know if you noticed but Luke doesn't like you around Michael, or alone with a guy. And where does he think you are today?" He explains.

"If he gets mad he's overreacting. I want to speak to Michael, I know you do too. Luke thinks I'm not feeling well." I reply.

He sighs, "Fine, fine. What do you plan on doing?"

"Well, I was hoping we could drive to Michael's place, and figure it out from there." I say.

He takes a deep breath, "Alright, lets go."

I smile and push him out the door.

We get in his car and drive off.

"Ash, are you actually scared of Luke? Like what would happen if he found out you were with me?" I ask.

"Well yeah kinda... I mean what he did to Tyler and what he's done to Michael, of course I'm going to be kinda nervous about him finding out." He replies.

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Just, you guys are like, afraid of Luke. You guys are all best friends you shouldn't be scared of each other." I explain.

He doesn't reply as we pull up to Michael's house.

We climb out of the car and walk up to the door.

Ashton knocks and Michael's mother answers the door.

"Hey, Ashton, Victoria. What's going on?" She asks.

"Is Michael here?" Ashton asks.

"Um, no. He hasn't been here for the past few days. He just came home one day threw some clothes and money into a bag and left. I don't know where he went." She pauses, "I tried calling him. He didn't want to talk. Something's made him snap. I was hoping one of you guys would know what has been happening."

We can't just tell her what's been going on. I look over to Ashton and he looks at me.

Ashton looks back at her to speak, "Yea, we're not sure what's going on. Do you think maybe you could try calling him to find out where he is? We've all been calling since he took off but he won't answer any of us."

She sighs, "I can try... Here come inside."

We step inside and she goes to find a phone. She comes back over to us with the phone pressed to her ear.

He obviously answered the call, she smiled as he did.

"Hey, Michael." She says.

There's a pause as she listens to him talk.

"Alright, I understand you don't want to come home yet. But can you please just tell me where you are? I'm worried. Everybody is worried." She says into the phone.

"Okay. Alright. Bye." She says, hanging up. She looks over at us, "If you want to go see him, it will be about a two hour drive." She tells us.

I look over to Ashton to make sure he's alright with driving and he nods.

She gives us the address of where he's staying, before we head towards the door.

"He's probably going to be angry I told you guys where he is. He didn't want you guys to know." She says.

"It's alright. Don't worry we'll sort everything out." Ashton replies and we step outside.

She waves as Ash and I get in the car.

"Ready?" Ashton asks.

"I guess so." I say and we start our drive.

We spoke for a while but then ended up putting on the radio screaming song lyrics.

My phone buzzes and I grab it to see I have a text from Luke.

'I'm missing you on my first day back :( how you feeling?'

My face drops and I sigh.

"What's wrong Vic?" Ashton asks.

"I don't like lying to Luke. But I definitely can't tell him the truth." I say.

"Do what you think you should do." He simply replies.

"Thanks for the help Ashton. I don't know what to do."

'I miss you too but I feel alright'

I press send and lean back into my seat.

"How much longer..." I complain.

"About twenty more minutes." He replies.

"This is taking forever..." I whine.

"Oh shut up." Ashton laughs.

Soon we arrive and Ashton parks the car.

I sigh nervously, "Ready?"

"I guess so." He smiles.

We get out and head to the door. I take a deep breath as Ashton looks at me before knocking.

The door opens and Michael looks really confused on why we're here.

He shakes his head and goes to close the door but Ashton puts his hand on the door pushing it open and steps in.

"Ashton, what the fuck?" Michael angrily says.

"We drove all this way to talk to you I fucking intend on talking to you." Ashton states.

I step in the room and quietly close the door.

"What do you guys want?" He calmly asks.

"To talk to you. For you to come home." I quietly reply. 

He looks over at me then to the ground.

"Why did you leave?" I whisper.

"I left because... because I did, okay?" He replies. 

I go over to Ashton and whisper to him asking if I can talk to Michael myself. 

He nods in response, heading outside the room. 

"Michael please, why did you leave? Why didn't you tell us?" I ask again.

"I needed to get away. It's not just everything with Luke, it's also the band. I mean we need to finish filming the video, they want us to record another single, we just got back from tour oh and did I mention Luke?" He says. 

He sits on the edge of the bed and I sit next him. He leans his head on my shoulder. I giggle as he sighs. 

"I'm stressed and upset and I just needed to be alone and away from everything. That's why I didn't tell you guys I was here." He stands up with a confused look on his face. "Wait how did you guys know I was he- it was my mum, wasn't it? You guys told her to call me didn't you?" He says his voice getting louder. 

I sigh and look up at him, "Michael I-"

He scoffs, "I knew she wasn't worried. My parents don't care. I should've guessed that's why she called."

"She really seemed like she cared.." I quietly reply.

"To you she did. I shoul've known. I'm not important to anybody." He said quietly.

"Michael you're important to a lot of people stop saying nobody cares." I say.

"Vic..." He says sitting down.

I place my hand on his back, "I care, Ashton cares, Calum cares, even though it may not seem like it Luke cares too. You have so many more people who care for you. But the ones that I can think of who are the most important is your fans. Michael, you may not know it but you've changed many of your fans lives. They care about you so so much. You're so important Michael don't you ever, ever think you aren't." I tell him.

He just pulls me into a hug and I hear him sniffle.

"T-thanks." He softly whispers.

"Now Michael. Please. Come back home?" I beg.

He pulls away from me and nods.

"I'll come back tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." He replies.

"Fine. Alright. But if you don't come home tomorrow I'll be mad at you because you broke your promise." I try to say sternly but I end up smiling.

"Don't worry. Now I think we should tell Ashton to come back inside." Michael smiles back.

I get up and open the door and Ashton is leaning on the wall looking at his phone.

He looks up at me and smiles and follows me back into the room.

"So..." Ashton asks.

"He's going to come back tomorrow. But we should heading back now." I say.

Ashton and Michael say goodbye and go over to Michael. 

"See you tomorrow Mike." I softly say.

He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"See you tomorrow Vic." He whispers.

We pull out of our hug and head out to the car.

On the drive home Ashton and I talk about what happened and just joke around. 

We get back to my house and we both stumble through the door hysterically laughing.

"Vic? Ashton?"

Oh god.

I stop laughing and clear my throat, "Hi Luke.." 

-------------------------------------------

Hiiii

I hope it was okk

Vote and Comment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 697 41
In which a girl who's scared of love falls for a boy who's afraid of being left. ((Completed)) *under editing* Rankings: #2 in lukehemmings
418K 16.5K 87
the story of a famous girl and her biggest fan. -- completed --
373K 10.2K 49
In which Luke is in a relationship with Victoria's older sister, Claire, but Victoria and everyone else knows Luke deserves someone better.
52.6K 1.3K 36
In which a girl falls for her stepbrother's best friend who she wasn't allowed to fall for. [in editing]