Welcome To The Family - A Sup...

By MelodyLee

SEASON 4+ SPOILERS! When 17 year old Lorelai's parents perish, her life falls around her. With nobody to go t... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 1

52.8K 629 385
By MelodyLee

I was walking back home from another long day of boredom at high school. It  showed how bad things at home had gotten that I'd still rather be there than home, even if I didn't fit in. It had become awkward between Julie, Nick and I. Fights had become regular. Julie desperately wanted me to take their name but I didn't want to. These fights had gotten so bad, Julie had even confessed that sometimes she wishes she'd never adopted me. I was born Lorelai Adams after my real mother and that's the way I want it to stay. It's one of the few things on the very short list of things I could remember my mother by.

 My determination to take my time getting home was visible. I was taking very small steps and sighed as I saw the house come into view. Might as well get this over with. I walked up to the door and clumsily searched for the key in my purse.

 I opened the door and shot quietly upstairs to my bedroom. Good. No contact with the human species. My iPod was still plugged in to my stereo from where I had forgotten it that morning, so all I needed to do was press play. I was already starting to relax. I picked up my book and continued from where I had left off.

 After a few hours, I wondered why Julie hadn't called me down for dinner. Dinner was always strictly at 6 o'clock and it wasn't like her to cook it late. Julie was ridiculously OCD about this kind of thing. Was she still pissed off with me from the last fight? That would just be pathetic. I got up and went downstairs to the kitchen to find myself something to eat, ending up with a bag of crisps. It was eerily quiet down here. Usually the TV would be on, Julie would be in here humming whilst cooking dinner but Julie wasn't in here. So where the hell was she? I took out my phone ready to call her because I was getting really weirded out.

I walked over to the windows to find that both Julie and Nick's cars were here. “Julie?” I called. No reply. Maybe they had to work late, I decided, but this house was still weird without the background noise. It didn't feel right. I could feel my blood running cold. I walked into the living room to turn on the TV and froze in shock as my brain slowly processed the gruesome sight I was seeing. I had found Julie and Nick. They were on the floor together, limp in a pool of blood.

I screamed in depair and burst into tears, falling to the floor right into the blood. I checked for a pulse but there was nothing from either of them. My stomach gurgled. I tore my eyes from the bloody sight and ran to the kitchen in panic. I could feel the vomit rising. I got to the sink just in time.

I emerged from it, a blubbering mess of sick and tears. The horrible sight was still fresh in my mind. This was it, wasn't it? Back into care I go. I had no relatives and I had just lost another set of parents. Everyone I cared about was gone. I thought I might as well change my name to Death. I crawled over to the table and hoisted myself onto a chair, giving myself a second to breathe, then I grabbed the phone and dialed 911.

 “Help. I need to report two dead bodies.” I sobbed into the phone.

“Calm down ma'am." The female voice on the end replied. "Could you please tell me who you are and how old you are.”

“My name is Lorelai Adams. I am 17 years old. These people were my parents!” I burst out into a fresh lot of tears as once again the situation of what had just happened hit me.

“Okay, Where are you?” The operator replied.

“1285 Saxon Street, Joplin.”

“Okay, someone will be round shortly.” The line went dead.  I just sat on the chair and stared in shock.

All of a sudden, I couldn't stay still. I knew there was something I had to do. I ran upstairs to my room and opened my closet where I started moving things about at the bottom until I found what I was looking for. I pulled out an old wooden box and opened it. It was my memorabilia box, full up with stuff that was once my mother's. My real mother. I pulled out a book that was padlocked. The urge to open this large book was stronger than ever. I hadn't opened this box in years because it made me so sad. I couldn't get anymore distressed than I was right now. I turned the book over and stared at the words on the back.

 The key to this is in your heart, Lorelai. Only you can open this book to live the life I could no longer continue. Good luck Sweetheart.

 The words warmed my heart. It was proof my mother existed once. I looked over these words and thought about it as hard as I could. “In your heart...” I mumbled. Suddenly it hit me and I felt stupid for never realising it before. I'd had the key all along. I fiddled with the necklace around my neck which was also passed down from my mother. I took it off and examined the heart-shaped charm on it. I looked closely at it and felt a crack on the edges. It can open. I pulled each side as hard as I could; It was very stiff. On my third try it finally opened to reveal a small key. I smiled, satisfied as I twisted it in the padlock which clicked and opened. I pulled the padlock off and opened it onto the first page. It had three phone numbers on it and a message underneath them:

 ONLY DO THIS IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY!

Call these numbers in the order that they are written. The second two are just in case the first one doesn't work though they all belong to the same person: John Winchester. Tell him I'm your mother and I told you to call him. Tell him your date of birth. He is your father.

 I stared at it. The amount of shocks I'd had that day couldn't be good for me. I'd always wondered who my father was, but I guess I'd always held a grudge against him because he never came back for me. It all made sense now; my mother never told him he had a daughter.

Three loud knocks distracted me from my thoughts. I put everything back in the box and went downstairs to let the paramedics and cops in. I immediately burst back into tears at the sight of them. I had never cried this much. I couldn't believe this had happened.

 The cops sat me down at the table whist Julie and Nick's bodies were being taken out of the house on stretchers. They questioned me about where I had been and at what times. It took a lot of persuading but eventually they decided I was innocent. They asked me if I had somewhere to stay. I had no intention of going back into care so I lied and told them I would call my grandmother who will immediately come down here to look after me and that I would call them if my grandmother is unable to tend to me. I didn't really have an grandmother.

 When everyone had gone out of the house, I attempted calling the first of John Winchester's numbers. 

Dean Winchester

I was driving back to the motel when the phone started ringing. I checked my pocket but it wasn't my phone that was ringing. The next thought I had was maybe Sam had left his phone in here when I realized the ringing was coming from the glove compartment. Who the hell could that be? I opened it and took out Dad's phone. The caller ID wasn't in his phone book. Clearing my throat, I flipped it open.

“Hello?” 

“Hello, erm, John Winchester?” The female voice came from the other end.

“No, John can't come to the phone right now," I lied. "Who is this?” If this was another supernatural being trying to lure Dad into a trap, I'd kill it slowly.

“My name is Lorelai Adams. I'm Selena Adams' daughter. Can you tell him that I rung? It's important.” I'd never heard of Selena Adams.

 “I'm sorry to break this to you but he's been dead a few years now.” It still hurt. 

“Dammit!” She was either on the brink of tears, or she was already crying.

“Hey, lady, you alright?” I asked her.

“No. No, not really. My parents have just died." Okay, she was crying now. "Apparently John was my father.” 

My heart suddenly felt heavy. “Whoa, wait, your father? How old are you?”

“I'm 17.”

“Okay, where are you?" I asked her. "We need to meet up.”

“Yeah, sure. Meet up with a complete stranger, good idea." She laughed a little hysterically. "I don't even know why I'm still talking to you.” She was cautious. That was good.

“I'm John Winchester's son. If this is true then you are my half sister. Where are you?”

“I have a brother?" I didn't say anything. Part of me still felt like this was a lie. "Joplin, Missouri. 1285 Saxon Street.”

“Okay, I'll be there in around 5 hours. One more question:”

“Yeah?"

"You're not a ghoul are you?"

"Erm, what?" Good, she had no clue what I was talking about. After Adam, I just wanted to make sure.

I got out of my '67 Chevrolet Impala and walked quickly to my motel room. I had another sibling? I had only just got other the fact that I had another brother. I promised myself I wasn't going to let this one get hurt. I walked into the motel room and woke up Sam.

“Sammy, pack your crap. We've gotta go to Missouri.” I said abruptly. You could tell he'd had a bad sleep. He looked a mess.

“You found a case? Is it another seal?” He asked me.

“No, much more complicated." I told him. "I'll explain on the way.”

Sam looked confused but obeyed me none the less. Damn straight.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

“What?!” Sam exclaimed. I had just told him about the phone call and we were on the way to Joplin.

“Yeah, I know. It makes you wonder, how many other friggin' brothers and sisters do we have? I'm telling you Sammy, I'm not letting this one die if it's true.”

“Wait, so dad didn't even know he had a daughter?” Sam asked in disbelief.

“I don't think so.”

“Man, that sucks. He wanted a daughter and all this time he had one.” Sam was thinking back to Dad's journal. It said in one part how mum wanted a girl and how Dad would have loved a daughter.

“Yeah, it sucks for her too. Her adoptive parents have just died and she just called up to find out her father who was. Her last hope has died too.” I knew something about hopes dying. It came with the job.

“Poor girl. How old is she?”

“She's 17. Rough times as it is without everyone around you dying. Dude, she's right where we are in terms of family.”

There was a silence between us for a bit with no noise but the Metallica cassette playing. Good. This song kicked ass. Sam unfortunately broke the silence.

“Dean. Do you think by getting her we're cursing her? This isn't exactly a great life.”

“We don't know if we are taking her with us or what yet. We need to go and see what's what. And besides, if she's a Winchester, she's already cursed.”

“I know, you've said that before. I just think that if we didn't interfere with their lives, everything could turn out fine.”

“Oh yeah, Sam. Because everything worked out fine for Adam didn't it!?" I said sarcastically. "If you're born in this bloodline, you're screwed. End of. Now shut up, this song kicks ass.” I turned up the cassette player.

3 and a half hours later we arrived on Saxon Street. I drove slowly looking for Lorelai's house. After around five minutes of searching we found it. It was a fair-sized powder-blue house. I parked my baby on the street outside it and we walked up to the house. I was kind of nervous really, but I put my confident face on. I pressed the doorbell. Ten seconds later, a dark haired teen answered the door. I stared at her in shock. She had exactly the same colour hair as Dad and she had Dad's eyes. Neither me or Sam had inherited his eyes. Lorelai looked uncomfortable.

“John Winchester's son?” She asked looking at us. I realized I was staring and cleared my throat.

“Yes.” He said. “Lorelai? We spoke on the phone. I'm Dean. This is my- our brother Sam.” Sam extended his hand and Lorelai shook it.

“Come in.” She said and stepped aside. We followed her in to the living room. “Beer?” She asked. Both of us nodded and she came back with three bottles. She gave one each to Sam and I and she opened hers.

“So, what was dad like?” She asked us and took a sip of beer. Sam cleared his throat.

“Lorelai, you're a bit young to be drinking aren't you?” He asked.

“Tough time.” She replied simply. I raised my eyebrows at Sam, implying he was a hypocrite. He got wasted once at the age of 12. I suppose that was kind of my doing, though.

“He was awesome.” I answered her question.

“How did he die?” She asked.

“Car crash.” Sam and I replied together. We weren't ready to give her the whole 'The truth is out there' speech just yet.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The awkwardness began to ease up a little bit. Lorelai eventually began to trust us a bit. She got her memorabilia box down and showed us the message that led her to call me. I picked up her mom's journal and flicked through it. Vampires, Demons, Ghouls... Selena Adams had covered everything.

“Have you read all this yet?” I asked Lorelai.

“No." She replied. "I've only just figured out how to open it. It's how I got John's number.”

“I'm glad you figured it out. Sam, can we talk for a sec?” I gestured to the hallway. Sam the hint and walked with me outside the living room.

“Sam, Selena Adams was a hunter. That book was her journal. Like Dad's.” I told him and showed him the journel. It was on a page with a photograph of dad with a woman, Lorelai's mother.

“What? Do you think Lorelai knows?”

“No, I don't think she does. She knows none of this stuff, but because she's a Winchester things aren't going to stop coming for her. It's Adam all over again!” I hit the wall in frustration. Why couldn't we live normally? “What are we going to do? How are we going to break this to her?”

“I don't know, Dean. We'll just go with the flow?”

“Man, something's probably after her right now." A thought struck me ."Wait, how did her parents die?”

“I don't know. You might have to ask her.” Hell no.

“No. Dude, you ask her!" I ordered him. "Touchy subject. You know I'm no good with chick flick moments.”

“Aw, come on." Sam whined. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Fine.” He said. We walked back into the living room.

Lorelai was looking at a picture of a three-year old version of herself on her mother's lap. “What were you guys talking about?” She asked without even looking up.

“Lorelai, how did Nick and Julie Smith die?” Sam asked her abruptly. Lorerai flinched at the question. I gave Sam a 'What the hell' look. She looked at Sam who was doing his best puppy-eyes. She sighed shakily.

“I came in and went straight upstairs. We'd been arguing a lot lately so I didn't really want to see them. Eventually I came downstairs to eat and found them in here. Drenched in blood. The paramedics told me they had been- they had been sliced deeply across their stomach. They said- they said that their intestines were hanging out when they turned them over!” She finished in a rush. Me and Sam exchanged looks.“Who the hell would do this!” She shouted and burst back into tears. It was a wonder that girl could still cry. Sam held Lorelai's hand attempting to comfort the distressed teen. I just shifted uncomfortably. This was way out of my emotional range. I knew nothing I could say could make anything better.

I went over all possible things that would do this. They might have been searching for Lorelai but she was at school. Demons? Dick angels? Or any creature that wanted revenge on Dad, Selena Adams or even us. Even so, she was a target times 3 and we had to protect her. I had reached the decision of taking her with us. We would take her to Bobby's. She could stay there where she's safe whilst we went on hunts and Bobby could help teach her the ropes. We were going to have to let her know everything if we were going to keep her safe. I hoped Sam was thinking the same thing. I was damn tired of arguments.

“Lorelai, listen.” I began. “We are going to take you away from here and look after you. Trust us when we say you are not safe here. We'll explain everything when we're at Bobby's.”

“Who's Bobby?”

“Bobby is like our second dad." I told her. "He's awesome, trust me.” I smiled at her reassuringly.

“I've only just met you really," she stated. "Why should I trust you?” 

“Because we're family.” 

“You haven't shown me any proof of that.” She replied. I was glad that she was suspicious. High suspicion would keep her safe a lot longer. I rummaged my pocket and pulled out a picture. It was a picture of a very young Sam and me sitting on Dad's lap. I flicked through her mother's journal and took out the photo I had glimpsed earlier of her mother and dad. I passed the photos to Lorelai. She looked at them both. After a while she passed back the photographs.

“Okay.” She said. “I'm gonna go get my stuff together.” Lorelai went upstairs. Sam was staring at me.

“What.” I snapped, irritated. Had he lost his voice?

“I didn't know you carried a picture of us and Dad around.”

“Shut up."  We sat on the sofas drinking our beers in silence whilst waiting for our newly-found younger sister to come downstairs.

She came back downstairs after half an hour of packing. She threw two large suitcases down and pulled the other two down.

“Grab a case.” She ordered us. We did.

“So what, you taking your whole wardrobe?” I asked her as I picked one up.

“I'm taking all the stuff I need to feel comfortable. You might not have noticed but I'm going through a rough time right now.”

“Alright princess. Lets get these loaded up in the car then.”

We lugged the cases out of the door and I opened the trunk.

“Whoa, this car is yours?” Lorelai asked me. She looked impressed.

“Yup. This is my baby.” I knew we were going to get along from there. 

“So where is this Bobby's?” She asked us.

“Sioux Falls, South Dakota.” Sam answered, watching the road nervoulsly as I drove along the busy street whilst rummaging through my tape collection. Ha. As if I'd crash. I eventually made my decision and put in my AC/DC tape. Lorelai nodded her approval of my choice. Yep. We were going to get along just fine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 28 15
When 18 year old Jessica Winchesters parents are killed she gets an unexpected family reunion with Sam and Dean Winchester. She learns that she posse...
56.2K 1.2K 23
Emily Rose Adams is an average 17-year-old girl, or at least that's what she tells people. She gets decent grades, works as a waitress, hangs out wit...
281K 4.5K 49
Carmen Elizabeth McCall, Scott's 17 year old Sister. The thing is Carman knows about the Supernatural because when her father left Scott wanted to go...
109K 4.6K 26
Eleanor is no ordinary teenager. First, she's a Winchester, that should say it all. But there's so much more... She's been killing the supernatural h...