believe || ouat oneshots

By gallifreyanfairytale

This is just a book for all my Once Upon a Time one shots which are mostly Outlaw Queen because I love them t... More

Bedtime Story
The Apartment
Right Where I Wanna Be
The Rise and Fall of the Dark Swan
Thunderstorm
Goodbye
Runaway Princess
A Lonely Hunter
The Judge
I See the Moon
The Woman With The Lion Tattoo
Unfinished Business
Don't Fall For The Competition
Coffee and Rain
Birds of a Feather
S'mores Frappucino
Prompts
Mob + Outlaw Queen
Pregnancy + MadQueen
Pregnancy + WoodenSwan
Lunch + VioletBeliever
Survival + Outlaw Queen
Morning + Outlaw Queen
Yellow + Rumbelle
Chopped
Finally Kissed Him
Soulmate Magic
Open Your Eyes
Reckless Queen
The Dark World
The Dark World (2)
Child of Darkness
False Love's Kiss
The Troubles With Acting
Chasing the Sun
Storybrooke's Got Talent
Robin's Untold Story
Push-Ups
Arguments
My Regina
Summer Festival
New Title
First Heartbreak
Only One
Requiem
Queen and Thief
A Swan's Cry
Some Characters Make Me A Story
A New Adventure
Finding Purple
The New Girl
The New Girl (2)
Light the Sky
Why
Someday
Pillow Fort
Out
A Long Day
To Save a Queen
Family Dinner
Arrows
Too Good at Goodbyes
World's Okayest Brother
A Broken Family (1)
A Happy Family (2)
Mistake
Fireworks
Bandits
An Endless Forest
Never Good Enough
2020 Election Special [ooi]

Thieves in the Cold

711 39 8
By gallifreyanfairytale

Author's Note: I caught up with two of OriginalBeliever 's fanfics this evening and they sort of inspired me to write an AU Outlaw Queen one shot. So I found some prompts on tumblr and this sort of happened.

And if you're looking for good Outlaw Queen fan fictions, OriginalBeliever 's are amazing!

~

Regina wasn't sure how Emma managed to convince her to go on a skiing trip, but it was winter break and Regina needed a break. So when Emma suggested a weekend getaway, Regina could hardly say no.

The only problem was that Emma had invited her annoying friend from England along. Robin Locksley.

For the most part, Regina was able to just hang around Emma, Mary Margaret, David, Arthur, and Zelena, her older sister. But Robin was always there, with Will, Killian, and Neal.

Regina shifted back and forth, the ski boots uncomfortable on her feet. She hadn't put her skis on yet because she was nervous.

"You'll be fine," Zelena assured her. "It's my first time too."

Cora - Regina and Zelena's mother - never allowed them to go on vacations for fun. She never really allowed anything "fun". But now that the two were in college, Cora couldn't stop them from going on a weekend getaway to a ski resort.

Regina took a deep breath and placed one foot in the ski. "You're right."

Zelena took off down the hill. Halfway down, she took a tumble, but Arthur was there to help her up. It must be nice having a boyfriend, Regina thought wistfully, Guess I'll just have to make sure I don't fall.

Regina put on her other ski and shuffled forwards until she was sliding down the hill, the wind blowing her hair back. Near the bottom of the hill, Regina tried to slow down, but she hit and icy spot and slid, which caused her to fall over.

A gloved hand appeared in Regina's line of sight. "Milady."

Regina looked up to see Robin and had to suppress a groan of annoyance.

"I'm fine," she spat, but took his hand anyways. He pulled her up and steadied her when she began sliding again.

"You okay?"

Regina nodded. "Yes. Now get your hands off of me."

Robin pulled his hands away from Regina's arms and grumbled, "A simple 'thank you' would suffice."

"Fine," Regina huffed. "Thank you." She made her way over to the ski lift, Robin trailing behind her.

"Two people per ride! No more, no less!" The man at the bottom of the lift shouted. Regina began counting the people out of her and wanted to storm off when she realized it would be her and Robin.

When it was their turn to board, Regina nearly slid off of the bench, but Robin's hand steadied her. Regina moved his hand away and looked down at the hill and all of the skiers and snowboarders below her.

Regina and Robin were about two thirds of the way up the slope when the lift stopped moving.

"Ugh!" Regina hit her hand on the railing. "Come on!"

"We're experiencing sone technical difficulties," a voice rang out from the speakers. "All lifts are down. We will get you off as soon as possible."

"No!" Regina shouted. It was bad enough that she had to ride up with Robin, but getting stuck with him?! Regina began to wonder if jumping from the ski lift would be less painful.

"So how did you and Emma meet?" Robin asked, trying to start a conversation.

Regina let out a small laugh at the memory. "She cut down my mother's apple tree with a chainsaw back in middle school. My mother banned Zelena and I from even speaking to her, but we always went out of our way to go against our mother's wishes. Emma's been our friend ever since."

"You've been friends awhile, then. I just met her last year, when we were freshmen. We had several classes together because we have the same major."

Regina looked over at Robin. "You want to be a cop too?"

Robin shrugged. "There was this kid at my school who always told me I couldn't be anything more than a thief. He was convinced he would become a high and mighty sheriff and be the one to arrest me. Everyone called him Nottingham. So I kind of want to get a job in the Secret Service or something to prove him wrong."

Regina shrugged. "I think you'd make a pretty good thief." She found herself studying Robin's beautiful blue eyes.

No! Regina mentally scolded herself, His eyes are not beautiful, he's annoying!

"So what are you majoring in?"

"Law. I'm not sure if I want to be a lawyer or, like, a congresswoman though."

"Ah," Robin nodded. "Well, I'd vote for you."

"You would?" Regina's eyebrows scrunched together and Robin laughed.

"Well, you'd make a better president than a lot of people, so I'd vote you into any office."

Regina's eyes flitted over Robin's charming smirk before meeting his own eyes. "And I'd hire you as security."

"Tell me more about your life before college," Robin requested.

"There's not much to tell..."

"No funny memories? No embarrassing stories of your friends?"

Regina but her lip to hold back a smile. "When I was in eighth grade, I had a friend named Belle. Her parents owned the town library, and Emma and I would visit her there after school and on the weekends. One day, in late April I think, we were outside. Emma found a four-leaf clover and I dared her to eat it."

"Did she?" Robin asked, very intrigued in the story.

"Yes, but not before finding two more so Belle and I could both eat one too. But Emma got sick and missed the next several days of school. Belle and I were perfectly fine. And that's how Emma found out she was allergic to clovers. But only when they're inside of her body."

Robin frowned. "That's one strange allergy."

"Well, she was also allergic to chicken for several years. Luckily, that allergy went away."

Regina and Robin sat in silence for several minutes and Regina began to shiver. They had been stuck up on the lift for a while and the wind was beginning to blow harder, biting Regina's exposed skin.

"Here," Robin took his scarf off and wrapped it around Regina, covering most of her face to protect it from the wind.

Regina inhaled the forest-y scent of Robin's scarf and decided not to argue with him for once in her life. Robin put an arm around Regina and pulled her closer, trying to ward off the cold.

"So how did Zelena meet Arthur?" Robin was running out of questions to ask, but he knew both he and Regina needed a distraction from the cold.

"He was doing research on some old sword and Zelena was studying for a math final in the library last year. Zelena said something about how anything would be easier than Calculus and Arthur asked if she wanted to help him find a missing piece of a sword that might not even exist."

"I think fixing the sword would be easier," Robin muttered, making Regina laugh. "So how come Zelena has a beautiful accent like mine?"

Regina rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't call it beautiful, but she studied abroad in England for two years and sort of picked up the accent." Regina lifted her head up off of Robin's shoulder. "How about you, Locksley? What brought you to America?"

"Everyone always told me to study abroad if I could. So I applied for several colleges in America, and I got in."

The lift jerked forwards and Regina grabbed onto Robin's wrist. It began to move and Regina's grip loosened.

"Once you exit the lift, please leave the slope area. The slopes will reopen in a few hours."

Regina's eyes followed the lift exit as it got closer. She and Robin slid off of the lift. Regina took off Robin's scarf and threw it at him. "I believe this is yours, thief."

Robin narrowed his eyes. "Clover-Eater."

"Officer Locksley."

"Congresswoman Mills."

"Shut up!"

"Never!"

Regina turned away, forcing a smile back, as she went off to find Emma and Zelena.

~

Back in the cabin, Emma made hot cocoa with cinnamon for everyone. Regina brought the hot drink to her lips, thankful for the warmth after being stuck on the ski lift.

"So you were stuck with Robin?" Emma asked.

Regina nodded.

"Not as annoying as you originally thought, is he?"

Regina shrugged. "Guess not."

"You two would make an adorable couple!" Mary Margaret squealed.

"No we wouldn't!" Regina tried to argue, but she felt her cheeks turning a dark shade of pink.

"It's okay. If he breaks your heart, I'll skin him alive," Zelena promised.

"We are not dating!" Regina hissed.

"Well you should be." Mary Margaret took a cautious sip of her hot cocoa.

~

When the slopes reopened, everyone headed back outside except for Regina and Robin, who had had enough cold for one day. Regina rummaged through Emma's suitcase before triumphantly pulling out a package wrapped in plastic. "Aha!"

"What is it?" Robin had a blanket wrapped around him while Regina was wearing a thick sweater and the fuzziest pair of sweatpants she had brought.

"Microwave popcorn," Regina smirked. "Buttery, salty, and most importantly warm."

Two minutes later, Regina was happily eating the popcorn she had stolen from Emma while Robin paced back and forth. Regina closed her eyes for a moment, trying to get the warmth from the popcorn to spread throughout her body when she felt something being draped across her shoulders. She opened her eyes to see Robin putting his scarf back on her.

"You can keep it if you want," he offered. "And I was, uh, sorta wondering if you wanted to maybe go out with me sometime?"

"Sure," Regina found herself saying. She held the bag of popcorn up so Robin could reach it. "Popcorn?"

Robin reached his hand into the bag. "Thanks. D'you think Emma will be mad at you for stealing this?"

"Not if she doesn't find out. Besides, I thought you were the thief in this relationship?"

"I'm not a-- wait, relationship?"

Regina shrugged. "Technically. And yes, you are a thief."

"What did I steal?"

"My heart."

Robin smiled and sat down next to Regina. He held out his blanket so Regina could join him underneath it. "Well, you've stolen my heart too. So maybe we're both thieves."

"I think I could live with that."

Robin kissed Regina's cheek. "And I guess if I'm a thief, I get to steal kisses."

"Not if I steal them first."

Before Robin could fully comprehend what Regina had said, she leaned over and pressed her lips against his. Robin ran a hand through Regina's hair that was still damp from the snow that had melted on it. Regina broke the kiss and Robin brushed his nose against hers.

"I think I judged you too quickly," Regina whispered softly before kissing Robin again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 607 27
Just a Once Upon A Time fanfic here! Mainly focusing on OQ but will view other character stories at points too, mostly other character subplots will...
106K 7K 200
400 parts and I'm still not satisfied. Welcome to the third book in the Once on Instagram series. I hope you like Outlaw Queen, Rumbelle, SwanFire, a...
Lost & Found By N

Fanfiction

10.7K 289 26
Sometimes you just have faith in the one you love!... A Outlaw Queen fan-fiction.
88.3K 4.6K 200
This is part 2 to Once One Shots.