Survival + Outlaw Queen

The other day, I was thinking about what would have happened if Regina had gotten stuck in the ice wall with Elsa instead of Emma in season 4a, and I realized that fits perfectly for this prompt!

Update: I just had to change the title, because all of the others have the word first and this one had the ship first and it was really bothering me

Requested by @GraceJohansson

~

Cold. That's all Regina could think about. How freaking cold it was in the stupid ice cave. Too cold to use magic, and even if it wasn't, Elsa's magic prevented Regina from using hers to get out.

Regina had managed to summon a blanket, which was now wrapped tightly around her, but it didn't do much against the cold. Elsa was pacing back and forth, walkie-talkie in hand so she could talk with David, Emma, and Hook. But the only way to tear down the ice wall was for Elsa to get control of her magic. Unfortunately, no one with light magic in Storybrooke knew how to use it.

Elsa sat down next to Regina. "They said try asking you about magic."

"I-I already t-told you, dark m-magic is d-different from light m-mag-gic."

"But you used light magic, Regina!" Emma's voice came through the walkie-talkie.

"I-I d-don't know h-how."

"Think!" Emma persisted.

"H-Have you ev-ver tried th-think-king while y-you're a hum-man popsicle?" Regina shot back. Emma just groaned.

~

"She's getting worse!" the walkie-talkie made Elsa's voice crackly, but it was still clear what she was saying. "You need to do something!"

"What are we supposed to bloody do?" Hook muttered.

Emma turned and glared at him. "We're going to figure out a way to save her." Emma thought for a moment before something occurred to her. "We need to give her something to live for! A reason to not give into the cold!"

"Like what?" David asked. "I could go get Henry and he can talk--"

"No," Emma shook her head as she cut David off. "Right now, the person she wants most is Robin Hood. I'm going to go find him and convince him to help."

"He has Marian now, love," Hook argued.

"That doesn't mean he's not still in love with Regina!" Emma lowered her voice. "Look, it doesn't matter if he chooses Marian or not; Regina is going to freeze to death if we don't do something fast, and I assure you Robin doesn't want her dead. So I am going to go find Robin and the merry men and neither of you," Emma shot a pointed look at her dad before her eyes once again met Hook's, "are going to stop me."

~

"Robin!" Emma called the moment she could see him. She stopped across from him, out of breath from running. "Regina...stuck...ice wall..."

"Slow down." Robin put a hand on the blonde's shoulder, his eyes full of concern, "What's wrong with Regina?"

"She stuck in an ice wall...cave...thing with Elsa, and she's freezing to death. Elsa can't get control of her magic, and Regina's going to die if we can't get her to fight against the cold."