First Heartbreak

A/N: I'm in the mood to write something sad and heart wrenching, so have some sad VioletBeliever

~

Violet hadn't left her room since returning home from school. She muttered some excuse about how much homework she had to do before rushing to her room and locking the door behind her. She was good at hiding her emotions in front of others, maybe too good. Her parents didn't have any idea.

Then again, being able to hide her emotions was a good thing when it came to being at school, because she couldn't let Grace know how she felt. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin their friendship.

Violet was silent as she turned on her music, unsure if she wanted it to lift her mood or if she wanted to listen to sad music and wallow in self pity. She allowed the events of the day to replay in her mind as the music flowed out from her phone.

For the past several days, Violet had been busying herself with coming to terms with the fact that she was head over heels in love with Henry Mills. The two were only sort of friends, and the infatuation had seemingly come out of nowhere, but Violet almost wondered if it had been brewing inside of her for a while now.

There had been an incident in the beginning of Violet realizing her crush that had led her to wonder if her friend, Grace, was dating Henry, but the raging crush of Violet's pushed it away until it dissolved into nothingness. At the moment, Violet was just looking forward to seeing Henry again, even though she knew there was no way she would ever work up the courage to let her feelings push her to make a move.

In the morning, before school began, Violet saw Grace and Ava whispering while staring down at Grace's phone. Violet made her way towards them, something telling her she didn't really want to know what they were talking about. But she decided to jump in on the conversation anyways.

"Aww, that's so cute," Ava gushed as she read through Grace's texts to someone Violet still didn't know the name of. And then a flash of a memory came to her; the moment something inclined her to think that Grace and Henry may have been together.

No.

No...

Violet's eyes made their way to the top of Grace's phone screen to see the name of the person she was texting.

Henry.

No.

Violet felt a sick feeling rising inside of her. Out of everyone for Henry to be with... Out of everyone for Grace to be with... Violet did a 180 and headed away, towards the bathroom, keeping her eyes glued to the floor. Everything was a blur.

With one corner left to turn, she bumped into someone. She looked up to apologize, but the words died in her throat when she noticed it was Henry. He offered her a kind smile. "Sorry."

Violet shook her head and broke eye contact. "N-No, it was my fault. Sorry." She bit her tongue to keep from saying anything else and walked past Henry.

When she finally made it to the bathroom, she let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. She locked herself in a stall and ran a hand through her hair. She wasn't planning on telling anyone about her crush on Henry, but especially not now. Because the first person who found out about crushes was your best friend, that was the rule. Except Violet's best friend was dating Henry.

Once Violet had blinked back her tears and composed herself, she walked from the bathroom, her head held high. There was no chance she would let anyone know something was wrong. And if someone asked, she would claim to be tired. The tired excuse worked every single time, without fail.

The shortest route to Violet's first hour class just happened to take her straight past Henry and Grace. She froze, unsure if she should brush past them or take the longer route. Grace raised herself onto her toes and pressed a soft kiss to Henry's cheek, and that made Violet's decision for her. She spun and headed the other way, hoping no one could tell anything was wrong. She was happy that Grace was happy, yes.

But her feelings for Henry stopped the happiness from being fully felt.

Violet forced herself back into the present, not wanting to dwell on the past for much longer. A small part of Violet hoped that maybe Grace and Henry's relationship wouldn't last very long, but she knew that was selfish and wrong. Henry didn't belong to Violet - they were never actually together - so she felt weird being jealous and wishing Henry was hers. To avoid the situation all together, she could have just kept her distance from Grace and Henry both.

But no, she couldn't stay away from Grace. Grace was her best friend, and they'd been through quite a lot together. There was no way Violet could throw that all away because of one boy.

~

The next morning, Henry was next to Ava and Grace in the usual spot where they would wait for the five minute bell. Violet joined in the conversation easily, not daring to make eye contact with anyone for fear they would somehow discover what she felt for Henry.

But when she bid them all farewell before making her way to first hour, her eyes met Henry's and she smiled, not sure if she was faking it or if Henry managed to make it real. Violet brushed it away and turned to make her way to the science room.

~

A/N: Okay so on a happier note, THE LIBRARIANS RETURNS ON SUNDAY AHHHH i love the Librarians so much honestly. I can't wait for more Evlynn😍