Lunch + VioletBeliever

This was requested by @JohnnaMcLeish

This takes place some time after the season finale, and Hyde and the Evil Queen are defeated.
~

Violet sat down next to Henry, studying the food on her lunch tray uneasily. Since she and Sir Morgan were staying in Storybrooke, that meant Violet had to go to school. Usually, the first year of high school would be the perfect time to transfer in because there were students from different middle schools. But Storybrooke only had one middle school, and everyone already knew each other because no one came and went from Storybrooke,

Except for Violet.

"Is this safe to eat?" She whispered to Henry, gesturing to the cafeteria food.

Henry shrugged. "I've eaten it for a while now, and I'm still fine."

"That's debatable," the blonde girl across the table replied. She had her lunch packed in a brown paper sack. She turned to Violet. "You must be Violet? I'm Grace!"

"Hi." Violet waved shyly. She looked back down at the slump of what was supposed to be turkey and noodles - whatever that meant.

"Oh, just try it," Henry said. "It'd definitely not the best food you'll ever eat, but it's not poisoned. I promise."

Violet sighed and took a tentative bite of her food. She chewed slowly and decided it wasn't quite as bad as she thought it would be. But she liked Grace's idea of bringing her own lunch better.

"I don't know how he eats that stuff every day," Grace gestured towards Henry, who shrugged. She caught sight of a girl and boy who looked to be brother and sister and stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Violet," she smiled. "See you later, Henry." She went to sit with the brother and sister, leaving Henry alone with Violet.

"They're Ava and Nicolas Zimmer," Henry said, breaking the silence. "Or Hansel and Gretel. Grace's best friends."

"Oh." Violet took another small bite of her lunch. "So who's your best friend?"

Henry looked down at his food. "I don't have one. I'm gone too much. Grace, Ava, and Nicolas are good friends, but I leave Storybrooke every other month it seems. And Roland was like the younger brother I never had, but..." Henry bit his lip.

"I'll be your best friend," Violet offered.

Henry looked up at her and grinned. "Really?"

Violet nodded. "Except, I'm sort of also your girlfriend..." The two laughed.

"Thanks. So, do you want to come with me to the library after school?"

"Why, are you planning another road trip?" Violet smirked.

"Nah. Not today."

"I'd love to come with," Violet smiled.