Haywire ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK FOUR ] ❝ we are always so fascinated when the brain goes haywire. ❞ The McCall pack has been through t... More

disclaimer
Chapter 1. Parasomnia
Chapter 2. Highly Suspicious Behavior
Chapter 3. He Skateboards
Chapter 4. Aiding and Abetting
Chapter 5. Agree to Disagree
Chapter 6. Rules of The Wild Kingdom
Chapter 7. Game Changer
Chapter 8. Condition Terminal
Chapter 9. Conservation
Chapter 10. The Dread Doctors
Chapter 11. Theo Raeken Boycott
Chapter 12. Asthma Attack
Chapter 13. Another Chimera
Chapter 14. Strange Frequencies
Chapter 15. Disease
Chapter 16. Goner
Chapter 17. Losing Momentum
Chapter 18. Bloody Hands
Chapter 19. Humanity
Chapter 20. The Supermoon
Chapter 21. Broken Hearts Club
Chapter 22. Team Bad
Chapter 23. Blood Stains
Chapter 24. Surprise Bitch
Chapter 25. Mad Hatter
Chapter 26. Dark Actions
Chapter 27. Never Let Go
Chapter 28. Crazy Town
Chapter 30. Rescue Mission
Chapter 31. Martyr
Chapter 32. Reunited
Chapter 33. Defined V-Line
Chapter 34. Charity Game
Chapter 35. What a Lovely Name
Chapter 36. Baby, Let Me
Chapter 37. ut se obliviscatur
Chapter 38. Enjoy The Show

Chapter 29. Trapped

14.7K 673 357
By simplystiles-

I remember being told that this place was also called Echo House, because you can hear the screams from the patients echoing through the hallways... but right now in my room, I don't hear a single thing. Radio silence. I don't hear screaming. I don't hear footsteps. I don't hear breathing. I can't hear a single thing and you would think that I would be able to with my supernatural hearing, but I can't. 

The restraints have been taken off, so I feel like I must have fallen asleep at some point and the orderly on duty came in and removed them. I know that I have to be in the closed unit, what I don't understand is how I am a patient here again. Wouldn't my mom have to sign some sort of paper for me to be admitted? I doubt she willingly sent me back to this place, she knows what happened the first time. Which I was hoping to be my last time. 

I'm not sure what all happened while I was blacked out, obviously it was something bad. 

I sat up and rubbed at my eyes tiredly, I didn't get much sleep because this bed is nowhere near as comfortable as the one I have at home. I glanced down at my chest and saw that I was in the patient attire already. One of the orderlies much have changed my clothes, too. All of my belongings were in the purse that Lydia gave me, which I remember leaving in Stiles' car. So, at least I know all of that stuff is safe. 

The only thing I can think to do is try to break out of here. Who knows how long they are going to try and keep me locked down here.

My door buzzed and I glanced up and gasped when I saw Valack standing in the doorway with a smirk planted on his face. Instinctively, I scooted backwards on the bed so I could put as much distance between us as I possibly could. He stepped into my room and closed the door, "Good Morning, Kasey." 

"Don't tell me all of this is your doing." I said in annoyance, finally realizing that this was all a trap. 

Valack more than likely was behind getting me to come and see Lydia and he planned all of this, he knew that my ability would act up and something would happen. He knew how to get me trapped back in this pit of hell. He wants me here for a reason. Just like he wants Lydia here for a reason. 

He chuckled, "I'm afraid so." 

"What do you want with me now?" I asked heatedly, glancing around the room in a panic. My powers don't seem to be working because I can't hear anything and I can't smell anything. 

Valack folded his arms over his chest, "I injected you with a concoction to keep your wolf side dormant, if that's what your worried about." 

"What are you trying to do here, Valack? I know that you're beyond fascinated with me and my abilities but why are you dragging Lydia into this, too?" I demanded fiercely, letting my anger boil over the anxiety I was feeling. 

I could only hope that Stiles would come up with a plan to get me the hell out of here before Valack did whatever it was he was planning to do. I don't have to be a psychic to know that whatever it is that he's planning, it's not good. 

"You and Lydia are so underestimated by your friends, the Admonere abilities and the Banshee abilities can do so much more damage than Scott and his pack realize. I can amplify your powers, make you stronger-- turn you into true forces to be reckoned with. Especially you, Kasey." he said, smirking once more. 

I shook my head from side to side, "I'm already a hybrid, that should be enough force for one person." 

"You don't even know what you are capable of... how much power you can truly hold." Valack sighed as he shook his head from side to side. 

I watched as he pulled a syringe out of his back pocket, the tip of the needle glinted under the lighting and my eyes widened. 

"What the hell is that?" I asked fearfully. 

He chuckled, "I need you to sit still for this next part."

"Please don't," I rushed out as I scrambled around in my bed as he approached me, "Look, don't inject me with anything else. I'll sit still, just please don't put anything else in me." 

Valack sighed, "I'm not the Dread Doctors, Kasey. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm trying to make you stronger." 

"I don't want to be stronger, don't you get that? I don't want any of this." I said quickly, trying to reason with this psychopath. 

I'm not sure why he's so fascinated with me and my abilities but I don't want to find out. I don't want to know what he knows. I don't want anything to do with what I am. Honestly, I would be perfectly okay with waking up tomorrow being a completely normal human being. 

"You were chosen, Kasey... because you possess the ability to be something powerful. I'm going to be the one giving you the final push." Valack said as he stood at the side of my bed. 

I quirked an eyebrow, "What are you talking about?" 

"Your brother, much like you, possessed the ability to be something great and look what he has become, a true alpha. You are just like him, Kasey. You have the chance to be something unforgettable. I want to be the one to show you just how unforgettable you can be." he said and his eyes were gleaming with interest and desire. 

I blinked rapidly, "I'm not like, Scott." 

"That's precisely what I mean." he chuckled and before I could dodge his movement, he had jabbed the needle into my neck. 

I screamed as he pressed the liquid into my bloodstream and almost immediately I could feel it's affects. My eyelids began to droop and I was out before I could even breathe.

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

THIRD PERSON POV

Stiles was pacing around the kitchen of the McCall kitchen, waiting for the rest of the pack to show up for the meeting they were going to have. Scott and Stiles had decided last night that they were going to have to break not only Kasey but also Lydia out of Eichen House. Stiles wasn't sure what exactly all happened last night because as soon as Kasey hit the floor, orderlies rushed the room and grabbed him, pulling him into the hallway while he thrashed around and screamed for Kasey. 

During this whirlwind of events he managed to snag a card key off of one of the orderlies and he shoved it into his pocket before they saw him. When they had pulled Stiles to the end of the hallway, he saw Gabriel Valack approaching him with a stack of papers in his hands. Stiles had no idea what the hell was going on but he knew that Valack had been behind it. 

When he got back to the front desk he was informed that Kasey's mother had signed her over for patient care in Eichen and he was to be escorted out while Kasey was settled in. Obviously, he knew that Melissa wouldn't willingly sign the papers to send Kasey back to Eichen and that was how Stiles knew that Valack had done something. So, as soon as he got out of Eichen he called Scott and informed him of what had just happened. 

Scott then called his mom and Melissa swore up and down that she didn't sign any papers like that, but then she remembered signing some patient forms earlier that night that some nurse was adamant on her signing. Scott realized that Valack had tricked her into signing Kasey over and even though Kasey hated him right now, he knew that he had to save his sister. 

"Stiles?" Scott called as he walked through the front door, with a frantic Liam behind him. 

The brown eyes Stilinski boy jumped slightly at the sudden sound but relaxed when he realized it was just Scott, "In the kitchen!" 

"We are just waiting on Kira and Malia." Scott said to his panicked best friend. 

Liam glanced between the two of them in confusion, "How did this even happen?" 

"Valack is fucking obsessed with her, that's how it happened." Stiles snapped as he smacked his hand down on the table in frustration. 

This was all such a mess. Kasey was having a bad feeling about last night and Stiles had assured her that he would keep her safe because of it, and what does he do? He ends up losing her and getting kicked out while she gets locked up. He did a real knock up job of keeping her safe.

"Well, we are gonna be able to get her back right?" Liam asked as he looked at Scott, because it was obvious that Stiles wasn't in the right headspace to try and talk about Kasey in this moment. 

Scott nodded, "We are gonna get her and Lydia back." 

Malia and Kira then came through the front door quickly, both with wide eyes and rapid heartbeats. Kira was the first to ask, "So what's the plan?" 

Stiles opened his laptop and glanced at Kira, "There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get Kasey and Lydia, we get out." 

"And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electronic door locks and a mountain ash barrier." Scott added. 

Malia nodded, "So, we have a plan for all that?"

Stiles held up the keycard he managed to swipe last night, "I stole this off an orderly last night. But it's useless because they reset the codes each night." 

"So why did you take it?" Kira asked in confusion. 

Stiles nodded, "I'm getting to that." 

"The only way to get Kasey and Lydia out of Eichen is to make the key card work again." Scott supplied. 

Liam quirked an eyebrow, "How you gonna do that?" 

"We're getting to that, okay, just listen, "Stiles said as he turned the laptop screen around so the three pack members that were unaware of the plan could see what he had been doing last night, "I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot..." 

"The card goes back to a default code, the card works again." Liam nodded, understanding the main part of the plan. 

Kira sighed, "How are we going to cause a brownout?" 

Scott looked to his girlfriend, "That's your part. You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause a brownout." 

"Not a blackout," Stiles interjected, "doing that would send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad." 

Scott nodded, "There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen." 

"Okay, slight problem," Kira stated, "I don't know how to do that." 

"That's okay, you have time to practice." Scott assured her, knowing that she would be able to pull through in the end because it was Kira and she always pulled through. 

Malia sighed, "Okay, say all of this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the closed unit of Eichen?" 

"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes all of the alarms will be turned off, the key card should work." Stiles stated. 

Scott looked to his beta, "Liam, you and I will get Stiles to the gate of the closed unit... but after that he has to go on his own. We can't get past the mountain ash barrier. And when we're gone, all anyones going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout."

"Uh, any questions?" Stiles asked. 

Liam raised his hand, "How do we even get into Eichen House in the first place?" 

"What's our worst-case scenario?" Malia added. 

Kira swallowed thickly, "What if I can't do it?" 

"Okay, admittedly a lot could go wrong." Stiles sighed. 

Liam's eyes widened, "Everything could go wrong." 

"Guys, if we don't do this, we are going to lose Lydia and Kasey. They are going to die in there tonight. And they might take a lot of innocent people with them." 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

I opened my eyes and found myself laying in my bed, once again restrained by leather straps. Valack was sitting in a chair beside me and there was a metal table next to him with an array of tools laying atop it. I blinked rapidly as I jerked on the restraints to try and break free. Valack smiled, "Finally, you're awake." 

"What the hell is your deal? Scott is going to get me out of here before you can do anything, I hope you know that." I snapped bitterly, narrowing my eyes for added measure. 

Valack shrugged, "I highly doubt that." 

I watched as he grabbed a razor off the table and he placed his other hand on my cheek, turning my head. I felt his fingers push my hair away from the skin behind my ear and then felt him slicing at my hair with the blade. 

"Stop! Stop it!" I shouted, trying to pull away but his hand went around my throat and my struggle lessened as it became harder to breathe. 

I then heard a buzz and I felt something going across the skin. I winced as I realized he was shaving a patch of hair off my head. I have an inkling of an idea of what he is preparing to do, and it has something to do with what Oliver tried to do to Stiles in the basement of this god forsaken place a several months prior to today.

Valack released his grip on my throat and I gasped and began to cough manically as he laid the tool back onto the table. I turned to look at the floor and there was a small pile of my hair sitting beside my bed. I swallowed thickly as I glanced at him with wide eyes, "You are so not drilling a hole into my head." 

He chuckled, "I keep forgetting how intelligent you are." 

"Yeah, well, you also keep forgetting that you are not gonna get what you want so you might as well give up now and just let Lydia and I go." I stated evenly. 

He licked at his bottom lip and shook his head from side to side, "I'm a Doctor, Miss McCall. I stride to make discoveries and there is a plethora of discoveries to be made with you and Miss Martin." 

"Discoveries that are going to get people hurt! Look, I know that you think you'll be able to control me but I'm telling you if you do something to me that's going to turn me into this evil mastermind I'm going to not only kill you but a lot of innocent people." I said in a panic as he grabbed a notebook off the table and began to scribble things down. 

Once again I pulled on the restraints and glared at him, "You can't tell me that you honestly think this is going to go over smoothly." 

"I think I'm going to show you your true potential and you are going to end up thanking me."

___________________________________________________________________

I TOLD YOU THESE WERE GOING TO BE SHORTER AND I APOLOGIZE LOL. BUT I'M EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE STILES GET'S TO SAVE HIS BAE. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE A LITTLE BIT LONGER. BE SURE TO FAN VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS! I'M TRYING TO GET BACK INTO WRITING SINCE I TOOK SUCH A LONG BREAK! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 14K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...
32.9K 734 35
[BOOK 2] COMPLETE ✅ "Katherine? No." Freya said to her. "My humanity flipped the second I started to feel the pain of me killing the women and Alli...
225K 4.8K 21
Sequel To "Scott's Mate" **** Ariana Hale just arrived back to Beacon Hills from London. She reunites with the McCall pack, happy as can be. But of...
10.9K 410 11
Theo Raeken thinks he can just continue living his life in his truck. After all, there's nobody out there who cares about him, right? And sure, he'll...