A Kiss Under The Mistletoe

By MissReadsTooMuch

Bibliophile Gwen got kissed under a mistletoe at a Christmas Party. She has no idea who kissed her. That's a... More

โ„๏ธa/n+disclaimer+TRAILERโ„๏ธ
Prologue
Chapter 1: Ron A.K.A Weasley Boy
Chapter 2: Check Engine Light
Chapter 3: Queen of Loopholes
Chapter 4: Distracted, the Lady is
Chapter 5: Isabelle's Food
Chapter 6: Emergency Dance 'slash' Sing-along Party
Chapter 7: Reading is LIFE
Chapter 8: Sports and Pets
Chapter 9: Why Mary?
Chapter 10: In The Theater Auditorium
Chapter 11: Whoops, Johnny!
Chapter 12: A Way Out
Chapter 13: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14: Gwen the Book Hoarder
Chapter 15|Part 1: New Guy
Chapter 15|Part 2: Group Projects
Chapter 16: Slaves
Chapter 17: Nicknames
Chapter 18: Moment Killer
Chapter 19: Dobby is Free
Chapter 20: Lifestyle & Religion
Chapter 21: World War III
Chapter 23: Privacy in The Room of Weirdness
Chapter 24: Gillepsi and Cohen's Tale
Chapter 25: Whisper
Chapter 26: Overwhelming Feelings
Chapter 27: A Night Off
Chapter 28: Life in Rosy Hues
Chapter 29: Ache
Chapter 30: Mondays
Chapter 31: Tumblr Life
Chapter 32: Christmas Break
Chapter 33: What A Charm
Chapter 34: Love Ballad
Chapter 35: What A Twist
Chapter 36: I Know

Chapter 22: Missing SMS

1.6K 80 0
By MissReadsTooMuch

"Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong."
— Rick Riordan

The weekend went by too fast. Before I got snowed in school, my weekends always last long enough for me to finish two or three books.

On Saturday morning, Ron texted me— I don't know how he got my number, I'm pretty sure my phone was with me all day yesterday. Maybe he got it from Luke —that Sir Tiberius emailed Maxon the deadline of the project will be due after winter break. Therefore we could lay off the work until winter break starts. He and Maxon wants to start to do the work on break. I tried to protest but Ron wasn't listening. He said too that he had fun last night, he hoped he could hang out with me and my cousins in the near future. Yeah, right. Like that would happen again.

Luke's MIA ever since Ron stepped in my house last night until now. I texted him before I went to sleep, after I woke up, and when I was eating breakfast with my cousins and my sister. I was waiting for Luke's response so every time my phone vibrate, I quickly look at my phone and then be disappointed that it was only Ron.

My sister, Charlotte was already home before I even woke up. Thank the gods of Olympus for that because if Sam cries and Fi and Mike are sleeping, I have no idea what to do.

After the vibration, instead of putting my phone back to my pocket, which I usually do, I put it on top of the table, beside my cereal bowl. Taking quick glances at it.

"Stop pestering your phone." Charlotte said, looking annoyed. "We all agreed no reading while eating."

"I'm not reading." I said defensively. I shoved my spoon in my mouth.

"Oh my god, GWEN!" Her eyes widened, excitement filled her motions. "Are you telling me you're waiting for a boy to reply?!"

How did she got that theory? Maybe I was texting Esme and waiting for an important response?

I never really understood the statement, "she blushed like a tomato." Now I know. I bet I look like a tomato right now. Mike and Fi were oblivious from our conversation because they're still sleepy.

"I'M RIGHT?" She asked me, or more likely herself. "Don't be embarrassed, Gwenny! Come on, tell me something about him."

I am not having this conversation with my sister. I only told Esme about Luke and it went crazy. She got all excited like what is happening to Charlotte right now. It was really weird and overwhelming.

When I didn't answer my sister, she abruptly stood up and snatched my phone before I could even process what she was doing. She was sitting across me by the way. I stood up and ran over to her. The moment she saw me stood up, she immediately bolted to her bedroom and locked her door.

"NO!" I cried. I kept turning her doorknob.

"Is it Ron?" She pestered me from the other side of the door. I can imagine her scrolling through my messages. I don't delete since I have nothing to hide and she knows the passcode of my phone so she has no trouble snooping it.

"Stop it, Charlotte! HAVE SOME PRIVACY!" I tried not to scream so loud since Sam was sleeping upstairs.

"I think not." She said to herself, regarding to her Ron question. "You're just talking about school work. You don't even sound enthusiastic to talk to him." She huffed halfheartedly.

While I knocked on her door, pleading for her to give my phone back, she kept on saying her thoughts out loud.

"Oooh! Who's this Luke?
....I see that you're talking about books and what you guys did...
...Oh my god! He's flirting to you and you're so oblivious about it..."

That got my attention. He was? When? Wait, I know where my head is going and I shouldn't go there. I shouldn't think that he likes me. I shouldn't. We're just friends. We have a weird friendship but we're just friends. He flirts to everyone so I'm not special.

But he's not like Ron.

He's not flirting. He's being friendly. Charlotte misread his texts.

Right. But Charlotte's an expert with boys.

Shut up subconscious!

Charlotte was still muttering and squealing.

"...he sounds hot...
...interesting...
...that's so sweet!!!..."

Finally her door unlocks and Charlotte wore a smug smile. She walked out of her room and handed me my phone. I turned my phone on and to see if she did something. There's no evidence since my phone still looked like before she snatched it.

"Your Luke boy sounds really interesting. I'd like to meet him." she told me, humming happily. I followed her, dumbstruck, when she went back to her chair and eats her breakfast like nothing happened.

This doesn't add up. How can Charlotte act like she didn't found out I was texting a boy. She knows something. She did something. I gave Charlotte a stink-eye and she just shrugged me off.

"I'm going to the bookstore." I announced when I was done eating.

"No," Charlotte said suddenly.

"Why no?"

"Mom's going to check on us any second. I want you here when that happens." She said with sincerity.

I can't argue with her. Mom left her in charge.

But I still got my eyes on you.

"Then I'll just go up and read."

❄️❄️❄️

"Dad, shut up, OK?" I mutter. "He owns the company."

"What?" Everyone stares at me.

"Gweeeeen!" Someone in the background called.

"He own the company," I say, my face hot. "So just... don't make any jokes about him."

"The man in the jester's suit owns the company?" says Mum, looking surprise at Cyril.

"GWENDOLYN!" The voice sounded annoyed but I ignored it.

"No! Jack does! Or at least, some great big chunk of it." They're all still looking completely blank.
"Jack's one of the founders of the Panther Corporation!" I hiss frustration.

"DAMN IT! GWEEEN!" The voice wailed. I was still half-conscious but I could hear the heavy footsteps.

"He was just trying to be modest."

"Are you saying that guy is Jack—

I felt a pang on my head, bringing me back to reality. I looked behind me and see Charlotte irritated. Did she just hit my head?

"Didn't you hear me?"

"Maybe. I'm kinda busy here," I gestured to the book I was reading. Annoyed that someone interrupted me. "Could you please leave me alone?"

"No." She crawled on my bed and snatched the book I was reading.

"HEY! HEY!"

"Someone's looking for you downstairs." She grinned. I looked at her completely confused.

"Tell Esme to come up here."

"It's not Esme."

"Then who?" She shrugged.

She started to walk out my room, bringing my book with her.

"GIVE ME MY BOOK BACK!" I cried, still laying on my bed.

"I will if you go down. It's rude to leave your guests unattended." Charlotte quoted Mom.

"Why are you so obsessed with me?" I said, quoting Mean Girls, every time they interrupt my reading time. She just chuckled and left.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. If it's not Esme, I'm guessing Ron is the guest. I don't know why Ron will go here.

I still haven't taken a bath so now I'm planning to since I don't look presentable. If I take a bath, Ron will wait. Mom said making your guests wait is rude. But isn't it rude to invite yourself in someone else's house or arriving to someone's house without any notice?

I've decided in the end to take a bath first.

After fifteen minutes —I tried to take a bath faster in my defense— I went downstairs.

"...she's not usually like this." I heard Charlotte's voice when I was going down. I saw Mike and Fi engrossed in watching the television. Sam's crib was in the living room, Sam sleeping in it.

The moment I saw who Charlotte was talking too, I froze.

A/N: dun. dun. dun!!!! Who do you think the guest is? Leave your thoughts below in the comment section, I'd love to hear them. Vote if you think this chapter deserves it.

The video clipped in this chapter is one of the songs that inspired me to write this book from the beginning.

Thank you everyone for still reading!! SEE YOU IN THE NEXT UPDATE!

❤️M

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET CHARACTERS OR USED WORDS IN THE BOOK. ALL RIGHTS OWNED BY SOPHIE KINSELLA. I JUST USED IT TO MAKE THE READING SCENE MORE INTENSE.

(I suck at making disclaimers)

EDIT: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 10.3K 35
"I love you more than anything." Mad at you; book 2.
180K 4K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...
20.2K 96 17
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!
17M 653K 64
BitmiลŸ nefesi, biraz kฤฑrฤฑlgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuลŸ, Elleri nasฤฑrlฤฑ, Gรถzleri gรถzlerime kenetli; "ฤฐyi ki girdin hayatฤฑma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...