Just One Kiss

By Nikole1199

Chloe Johnson was special, even when she was a child. She danced, got prizes, and had an amazing mom. Until... More

Just One Kiss
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: The Council
Chapter 26: The Tests
Chapter 28: The Final Choice

Chapter 27

1K 24 5
By Nikole1199

Hey guys(:

Okay, while your reading this, you're gonna be like 'WTF! SHE'S SO MEAN!'  But remember, it's 3 months later.  She's been living with Dimitri, everyday.  She and Dylan have changed.

xoxo,

-Nikole1199

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man infront of me was shaking. From cold or fear, I don't know. The snow fell on his shoulders in slow patterns. He shifted his weight to his right leg, and I tensed up and grabbed his arm.

I pulled him closer and made my voice as sweet as I could, forcing the magic through my voice. "You won't try to run, and you won't fight me at all. You'll do exactly as I say." I watched as the mans pupil's grew and shrank as they looked into mine.

He didn't say anywords, just nodded.

Dylan, do you have him yet? We were on a team test. Objectives: Hunt, Compel, Capture, Feed.

Not yet. I lost him about a mile ago.

I have James. I'll meet you at the cave.

So much for waiting here. "Follow me." I turned and headed towards the North Cave. I pushed tree branches out of my way before jumping into the lake.

"I can't swim!" James called from behind me.

"Look's like your gonna have to." I replied to him over my shoudler. I didn't stop. I knew the complusion would force him too. He'd either learn how to swim or drown. His choice.

I pulled my legs out of the water back onto dry land. I heard splashing behind me, as I continued to walk towards the cave. I didn't bother stopping. He'd find his way back to the cave if he didn't drown.

The cave outline came into view, and I started to run towards it. I heard the splashing stop, so I knew he was probably fine. I sat down next to the already-going fire to warm up. I heard Dylan's boots stomp inside and looked up. He was carrying both James and Chris.

"Nice to see you finally caught yours." I smirked before staring back at the fire.

"Well, it took alittle longer then I expected. This one," He pointed to James, " was on the brink of drowning when I pulled him to shore."

I laughed. "Looks like he wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't swim."

Dylan sent me a glare. "That's not funny, Chloe. If he died, we'd fail our test. We still have to feed, you know. You heard what Dimitri said. 'To fail any objective is to fail the enitre test'. And we can't afford to fail." I remained silent as I watched the flames of the fire dance around the burning wood.

Dylan shoved James and Chris along the cave wall. "Make sure they don't move. I'll go get more wood."

I crawled over to them, and looked them both in the eye. I blinked, forcing the magic in me through my voice again. "Stay completly still, and do not move." The men smiled and nodded.

I shrugged off my soaking wet jacket and layed it out to dry. "I still can't believe you swan across the lake. You could have just ran over it." Dylan re-entered the cave. "You could get hypothermia now." He pointed out.

"Even if I did, the werewolf fever would burn it out." I shrugged.

"Seriously Chloe do you ever think?" He shouted. "Do you ever want to get out of here? Dimitri will keep us here until he's satisfied. Meaning, we cannot fail. You leaving James to almost die would lead us to failing. What were you thinking?!"

"I was thinking, we would have some easy feed. He can't put up a fight if he's dead. Compleling him over and over again is just to much work."

"That's the point of these tests, Chloe. To work for the rewards at th end."

"Dylan, enough with the bullshit Zen lessons. They're boring. Don't you ever want to just break loose sometimes?" I stood up and brushed the sand on my hands off on my jeans.

"Not now. Not with Dimitri watching us. Not when he controls the outcome of my living or dying."

"God, why are you always such a buzzkill?" I crossed my hands over my chest

He walked up towards me until he was only a few inches away. "Because I don't want you or me ending up dead at the end of this." His eyes softened. "No matter what, you're still my sister."

I sat back down. "You know for a family we spend an awful lot of time fighting." He sat down beside me and I leaned my head on his chest.

"I know. But just think. Soon, we'll be out of here, and we'll be free to live our lives again." I couldn't see his face, but you could hear the smile in his voice.

"You and I both know that isn't going to happen. He's going to keep us here until he dies. Dimitri's not one to let things go." I sighed.

Silence hung in the air after I said that. He knew it was true. We would be stuck here for the rest of our lives, doing whatever he tells us to, completing whatever tests he gives us.

"We still have to feed. That's the last step." Dylan said softly.

I lefted my head off of him and said, "James." James' head snapped up as he looked at me. "Come here." He stood up and walked towards me slowly. He sat down infront of me. "Tilt your head." He did.

I lowered my head and bit down into his neck.

* * * * * * *

I heard distant footsteps from the forest. That's what woke me up. I've been sitting here for about ten minutes, I think, contemplating wether or not I should go out there and see what it is.

I looked over to me left to see Dylan fast asleep along the wall. He still had Chris's blood along his lips and chin. He probably didn't wipe it off before he feel asleep.

"Dylan." I hissed. He didn't move. "Dylan." I said alittle louder. Still nothing. I picked up a branch and threw it at him. He caught it without opening his eyes before it hit him.

"What?" He snapped.

"Something's out there and I'm not going by myself."

"Then take James or Chris. Cuase I'm not gonna."

"Why not?"

"I'm tired."

"Lazy ass." I mumbled before getting up. I passed James and Chris, who were still sleeping. Both their necks were stained red, and you could see the bite marks from Dylan and I.

I couldn't see anything outside but trees and bushes. Go figure. "Hello?" I called out. I took a few steps forward before calling out again. I heard an object in the wind. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I turned and grabbed it before it hit me. An arrow. I caught it between my fingers. I held it for a few seconds before it began to burn me, burning the flesh on my hand. I sucked a breath between my teeth while dropping it. Silver.

"Son of a-"

"Chloe!" Dylan called from the cave. I turned and saw him running towards me. "Get back in the cave now."

"Dylan, there's silver arrows." I said. "And they're close." I added in a whisper. He covered my mouth with his hand and he nodded.

I strained to listen with my wolf-sences. I could hear footsteps and branches rustling, but i couldn't tell where from. I searched even farther. Still nothing.

Dylan removed his hand and went back to the cave. Carrying James and Chris like a sack of potatoes, he came back over to me. "Compel them. You're alot better at it then me." He wasn't looking at me as he talked, he was looking around. Watching for arrows or people.

Grabbing both their chins, I jerked them to look at me. "Do not move, do not fight. You are to stay perfectly still, unless told other wise. Understand?" They both nodded at me and I looked back at Dylan.

He picked them up. "We should get back to Dimitri's. He'll want to know they're hunters on his property." He ran South and I followed him all the way back to the Manor.

"Dimitri!" Dylan yelled. A guard opened the gate, letting us in. We walked into the main dining hall, where he was sitting. He wore black silk pajamas. Were we early? Or was it late?

"We've completed our test, and brought back our proof." Dylan dropped Chris and James on the table. "They are compeled at the moment."

"By whom?" Dimitri asked.

"Me." I lifted my chin up and looked him dead in the eye.

Dimitri got up and examined Chris and James' neck. The sides were covered in dry blood. "Very good." He turned to us. "You've passed. Blaine will be here in a moment to take you to your rooms. But first," He turned back to Chris and James. Walking up to them, you could see the fear in their eyes. They watched Dimitri's every move, fearing for their lives. In a few fluid motions, Dimitri cracked both their necks, killing them both. "Dinner."

The scence brought the memory of Dylan's Aunt back to me. I gasped, causing Dimitri to turn around to face me.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Emotions make you weak." He spat. "Get rid of them." He turned and left us. Blaine arrived a few minutes later.

"Your rooms are ready." He said. He lead us to the same room we always stayed in. Dylan and I moved the other 6 beds to a pile in the corner. They just took up too much space.

"Good night, Dylan." I said, pulling covers over my shoudlers.

"Night."

I layed my head on my pillow and allowed the darkness of sleep to take over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 20.6K 41
Lexi was only seven when her mum died, leaving her alone with her father. It didn't take long for her dad to turn to drink, over the years he became...
2K 102 9
Chloe Bailey, your typical "good girl", who follows all the rules. Following in her father's footsteps to take over the family business, she gets dis...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
3.7K 42 30
Eleanor transferred schools to be with her best friend who isn't a best friend at all, but when she meets her best friends boyfriend they get a conne...