[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 28

2.1K 49 8
By Panda-Gom

Practice had gone well, running about two and a half hours, letting you leave the campus around five when the sky was a dark gray. During then, Laguna was organizing the performances, taking suggestions for what to do and choosing a set list. The majority were group ones because of the holiday season, but there were solos splashed in here and there. A play was also hanging for debate, and that was to be decided next meet.

You had dressed in your uniform for the mission—which you found delivered in a small package by the doorstep when coming home—after showering. It was a simple scrubs outfit of dark green, usually worn by a nurse. Beneath that, you had a black tank top and shorts with matching latex gloves within the pockets. You left your hair down after combing it in order to hide your face if you needed to; your part in the mission didn't require you to take on an appearance, so you needed all the help you could get. When you completed your ensamble with the fake ID card, you removed your phone from the charger and rechecked the email sent to you by Verdot.

Mission Details

Objective: Infiltrate Twilight Town Central Hospital and into the morgue downstairs dressed as a nurse. Find locker R-20 and euthanize the corpse then retrieve the microchip that will be released. Successfully escape and return to the rendezvous point.

Rendezvous Point: Twilight Town – Town Square

Within the package delivered to you, there was also a black backpack. Unfolding it, you put in the package the box came in and the ring box you received from Toshizo. Of course, you didn't need the last item, but because of what happened with Kei in the morning, you felt safer knowing it was with you. Additionally, you contemplated taking your phone, but in the end decided against it as it only could have been a distraction, leaving it upon your nightstand.

As you were about to leave your room, you heard a soft murmuring outside. Slowly opening your balcony door, you crouched down and blended in with the shadows that the house cast without the moonlight. There was a light drizzle, and you made sure to stay out of it while peering through the bars of the railing, looking down to see Fai and Kei standing upon the wooden platform.

"Eh? What...? What do you mean you mean I need to lie to Amaya?" Kei's voice was barely a whisper, but shocked nonetheless.

"I came here...," Fai paused, pursing his lips," ...only to tell you that Noa's funeral will be held this Sunday... Rather than burying him, I have decided on cremation—sending his ashes over the ocean back on Earth afterwards." At this, your hands flew to your mouth, holding you back from screaming as you shook your head in disbelief. Fai did have guardianship over what happens to Noa but...

"But then...what am I supposed to lie to Amaya about?"

"I decided that I only want Kurogane and I to be there for the procession, and although Noa and Amaya were incredibly close, maybe you can tell her that he has gone to a hospital in Midgar for treatment. I haven't spoken to her about the incident, and since she hasn't brought it up, I'm assuming that you didn't tell her?"

"...I... I did...," Kei answered slowly, shaking his head.

"I'll rearrange her memories then," Fai sighed, running a hand through his hair. "She doesn't need to—"

"No," the ravenette said sternly, shaking with rage ever so slightly as he narrowed his eyes. "I apologize, but I cannot allow you to do that to her. Noa was a dear, dear person to Amaya and lying to her about his funeral procession is depriving the two from their last encounter—mortal or not. At the very least, you can inform her you do not want her to be there... But toying with the memories of her heart...I will stop you—I can promise that."

"I see..." the blonde nodded slowly, a sad smile forming upon his face. "Well then, please pass on the message of the funeral... I think though, it will just be Kurogane and I... I'm sorry."

The two then headed inside, and you did as well after waiting a few moments. You had come downstairs in time to witness Fai's departure from the house, and after having a quick swig of water, you left as well, refusing to be escorted by one of the twins as you put on your combat boots. However, Kei didn't take no for an answer, and he took you to your destination by force, yet in silence, leaving you when you were a block away.

It was raining with a bit more force now, and because of the weather, Town Square was deserted—shops closing early to avoid the traffic that build up on the streets. The streetlights and small lampposts were dimmed, and in their illumination, you saw a small group of people standing beneath the cover of individual umbrellas. You recognized Charlotte—in a long sleeved black dress that came to her knees, with matching boots—and Machina—in a doctor's coat over dark blue scrubs—out of the five present. In addition, there were two other females, and another male.

The first female wore a Turk uniform, and had boyishly cut auburn hair accompanied by dull blue-gray eyes. The second had blonde wavy hair pulled into a small ponytail, light blue-green eyes framed by black glasses, and freckles—almost glowing in the darkness because of her pale skin. She sported the SeeD uniform, and in her left hand, was a briefcase. Finally, the male was found wearing the same outfit as Machina. His hair was soft black, falling to his shoulders, and slicked back to emphasize his maturity. Despite that, he was about five four, and incredibly skinny.

Charlotte smiled as soon as she saw you, linking arms and pulling you under the cover of her umbrella," Don't worry, you're not late! We all just got here kinda early."

"You're all here now," the auburn haired woman said monotonously. "Three minutes before the scheduled time too—that's good." She inhaled silently, eyes glancing at everyone before continuing. "My name is Kurai Ryuketsu—I am an instructor for mainly new recruits, but I also supervise small missions such as this one. I'm sure you all have read your information for tonight?" Everyone nodded. "Good—this will save us time. Please introduce yourselves quickly in order to familiarize with one another."

"I'm Charlotte Hayes~!"

"Amaya Nochi."

"Machina Kunagiri."

"My name is Demi Kebel," the blonde girl smiled. "I work for SeeD."

"Rin Tessah," the ravenette boy murmured. "I also work for SeeD."

"Kebel, the items," Kurai ordered.

She nodded, adjusting her umbrella in order to show the contents of the briefcase. "Charlotte, your stomach, Machina and Rin, your materia, and Amaya your syringe and bandana."

The plan was set. Charlotte had gone in the nearby shadows to properly put on her 'stomach', which, turned out to make her look pregnant. She would be playing the role of Zack's girlfriend—the teen being in the hospital as a severely wounded patient from a fight—and was set to gain information on another patient on that floor. Since she was a charmed speaker, the task of going around would be easy for her. Machina was to be Zack's doctor—actually switching off the power of a sector with the materia—and the same went for Rin—the doctor you were assisting in his rounds. Demi and Kurai were to take care of surveillance from a van nearby in the parking lot, informing you with directions and such. Additionally, your allies at the hospital already included Angeal as Zack's injured friend, Kadaj as the doctor in the E.R who brought them to stabilization, and a few others as runaround nurses.

As you rode in a black van driven by Rude to the hospital, you were given a small earpiece and microphone to keep you in check with things. As soon as you arrived, you were dropped off, and everyone immediately went into their personas after a quick pep talk—scolding of how the mission needed to be completed—by Kurai, each small group went into different entrances.

Greeting the security guard by the emergency driveway area with a smile and I.D flash, you followed Rin to the third floor using the stairwell. He had a clipboard in his hands of the people that were targeted for the night—those who were to be interrogated—and you assisted in being lookout while he went in a room for the first one. Not too long passed before another nurse came towards the room, and you quickly entered with a warm smile, signaling for the ravenette you were soon to get company.

Being mistaken though, you got an earful from Kurai, but nevertheless continued. It was about hirty minutes into your arrival that Rin left the first person with the needed information, and injected the middle aged woman with mako fused to create an amnesia like feeling when she awoke. From there, you were directed by Demi to go downstairs, and split with the ravenette boy when he stayed on the first floor. You continued down the stairwell: passed the parking lot, another, and another, until coming to the basement floor. It was then that the lights in the area shut off, leaving you in a maze of darkness—it was the blackout.

"Amaya the generators have been shut down—now's your chance," Demi's voice echoed in your right ear. "Keep your hand on the right wall and turn when you feel the corner, then keep your hand on the left wall and turn at that corner. From there, keep going until you reach the end of the hall—that's where the morgue should be. However, keep on your toes, there are people within the area."

"Change as well," Kurai added. "It'll be easier for you to blend in with the darkness."

"Roger that," you whispered back.

Quickly, you stripped of the nurse uniform and shoved it into your backpack. You took the bandana from within it and tied it around the bottom portion of your face before continuing in Demi's instructions as you slipped on your gloves. The hallway seemed to stretch for many feet, and you quickened your pace to a jog as your fingers brushed against doors, hearing hushed whispers that ensured one another to remain in place. As your vision adjusted to the darkness, you turned, and it was the same routine until you were closing in on the next intersection of halls, that you stiffened.

"Someone is coming your way Amaya—hide," Demi informed.

A door had creaked open, slowly, echoing throughout the halls.

Immediately, you flattened yourself against a nearby bulge of the wall where there was a drinking fountain, about to peer around the corner when a blinding white light came in your direction. Remaining in place, you considered your options as you listened in on them the voices that faintly spoke.

"I don't understand what's taking so long for the generator to get back up—its nearly been ten minutes."

"It's only been five Balthier," a woman's voice spoke delicately. "Now come back—it's scary out there and I don't want you to get hurt~"

"Just a moment Jessie," Balthier called back, his footsteps approaching. "Maybe there's another switch down here.

"Fine, but I'm staying in here," she sighed, her footsteps retreating into the room.

The illumination from the flashlight Balthier had in his hands was growing in radius and brightness. A step from crossing your standing point, the blonde suddenly had his neck cock back as your foot collided with his face. It knocked him into his back, as the flashlight clattered to the floor, and as he was about to get up, you dashed over him and put him into a choke hold, then asleep—hitting pressure points upon his neck. As the nurse's footsteps rushed into the hall, you turned off the light, dashing back to your original place.

"Balthier!" she called, frightened. "Balthier where are you!? S-Somebody help! Balthier's gone missing!"

"Nochi get out of there!" Kurai hissed.

"Help please!"

At the echo of her voice, numerous doors creaked open, and flashlight beams quickly hit the walls from within the dark rooms. Your breathing came unevenly, and your eyes darted around as you thought of a way to hide. Getting an idea, you kicked against the wall where it buldged out, then horizontally placed yourself with your feet on it while your hands rested on the opposite area. You moved up this way until your back pressed against the roof of the hallway, and you held your breath, looking from above as a few doctors approached the nurse. You recognized her—the one who gave you a hard time in your last two visits here.

"Jessie what happened!?" a brunette woman asked, crouching down to Balthier. "Dr. Bunansa?"

"She's cornered," Demi grunted. "She might have to fight them."

"Isn't there anyone else in the area?" Kurai's voice was a low growl.

"H-He went out to see if there was another power switch but I heard the flashlight c-clatter to the floor and...h-he..." Sobbing, the nurse shook with fear, now being consoled by a blonde male nurse.

"Quick, get him to—"

"Ah!"

In trying to readjust yourself, your feet slipped against the wall, causing you to fall on top of a redheaded doctor who groaned in pain. The others gasped and stepped back, and as you quickly got to your feet, you were blinded by the LED pale blue color of the flashlights' beam. Squinting as you held your hand in front of you, you took a step away, watching as the hospital staff looked at one another in question.

"Who are you!?" the brunette doctor asked. "Take that mask off now—you're outnumbered!"

"You...I recognize those eyes..." Jessie's own widened, and she slowly stepped forward. "You're—"

Before your name came from your mouth, you immediately kicked her in the face. She fell as her head snapped back, and in the action, the same brunette nurse called for a doctor to run for help while the others advanced on you. Realizing your fault, you ran up the wall then kicked off it, tackling down the doctor and using him as cushioning for your landing. You squeezed his neck as he was to flip onto his back, then confirming he was unconscious, you rolled off of him, sweeping the floor around you to cause two nurses to lose their balance.

Kneeling down to hit their pressure points, you suddenly stopped, noticing a white spark illuminating the entire area for a second—all flashlights suddenly turning off once it disappeared. You heard the thud of a few bodies as the flashes occurred seconds before their fall, and you scurried to your feet, summoning your katana as you took a fighting stance. The flashes occurred in small breaks, and you barely made out a figure coming from them as it approached you. It was silent then for a long moment, and in feeling the presence near, you raised your katana, only to be blinded by another, strong flash of light.

"There are other ways of thanking people."

You lowered your arm to see the light had dimmed, and little spheres of electricity were floating around you. In front of you stood the redheaded doctor that you had fallen on top of, and, shimmering momentarily in a light turquoise aura, he then flashed, taking on another appearance as a now dim materia ball clattered to the ground. He grabbed it and grinned—in the same clothes, he was now a slightly tanned teenager with spiked back silver hair and blue-green eyes. You opened your mouth to speak despite being speechless, but Demi's voice spoke through it.

"That's Senshi Chi—member of the Turks. He was working undercover as a doctor in a guise with help from some materia. Now that the doctor's back and he has his information so today was technically his last day."

"You're lucky I was down here," the silverette noted. "But~ you can make it up to me later," he winked. "Go ahead and continue with your thingy—I'll take care of these guys. You're heading to the morgue right?"

"That's right."

"You only have about ten minutes until the generators kick up again. When they do, you better get out because security will be tight. They'll be a magic barrier inside there too so if you have powers they'll be useless, AND give away your presence. By the way~, what's your name again?"

"Um...Amaya Nochi," you awkwardly answered, calling back your katana and shaking his hand.

"Amaya Nochi—let's have lunch sometime, okay?" he grinned again, flashing you a peace sign.

You continued on your mission again—running down the hall in darkness with Demi's directions once more. Now without interruption, and no need to stay cautious, you were able to quickly sprint to your destination, and as you were to be told to slow down, you had already run into the door with a large thud, hitting your nose and feeling it pulsate with numbness. Getting up and feeling rather foolish, Kurai informed you that the radio connection would be lost inside the room due to its multiple layers of metal, and bid you a farewell after wishing you luck.

Entering the room, you closed the door behind you and then shut your eyes, concentrating. When you reopened them, crystals of silver spheres lighting the area dimly floated like fallen stars, and you took the opportunity to see that there were rows and rows of high square lockers in dark gray colors with silver handles, and white rectangles beneath them saying the name of the person as well as the locker number. The rows were thankfully arranged with a lettering on the side of the shelves, helping you in your search as you walked down the aisles, looking for the designated locker R-20.

You found it in a rather short time, and pressed the button on it as you pulled out the heavy metal drawer. Inside, an elderly man with saggy skin and white receding hairline rested in a hospital gown. There was a five o'clock shadow upon his face which was also white, and his boney features were contoured in such a way they were sharp curves. He looked to be recently deceased due to his slightly tan, paling skin, which kept you tense from that thought, even as you injected him with the putrid crimson color of the syringe.

In response, you noticed the man's forehead outline with a square in the center. It glowed the same red as the liquid that was in the syringe, and elevated out of the skin—that stretched before ripping with a wet snap—before lying there in an increasing pool of blood, waiting for you to take it. You did so with a disgusted face, and shuddered as you slipped it within the tube of the syringe, putting it in your backpack. He continued to bleed as his sharp face led little rivers of the liquid pooling around it, and somehow into his mouth, which, quickly filled like a fountain of endless crimson.

Shuddering and shaking your head, you slammed the locker shut, swiftly turning away. You walked only a few steps before remembering you were in a morgue, and the same morgue which rested with the hospital Noa had died in earlier in the week...

Spinning on your heel, you ran towards the end of the row and read the alphabetical arrangement on the side, then three aisles away and to the left in search for Noa's name. It was located upon a corner locker right at the turn, and was at your midsection in height, harboring the teen's name, birthday, and date of when he was to be removed: tomorrow, December 14, 2012.

With a shaky hand, you reached out, squeezing the handle of the locker before pulling it back and opening it. There, Noa rested with a blank expression in a hospital gown: his skin pale, his hair carelessly swept back as if from the wind, and his body...motionless. You were not ready for the sight, and you gasped, biting your lip to prevent yourself from screaming. It was different seeing someone you cared about dead...it was different...very different—that's what you repeated in your head.

Your whole body was shaking, not only with the cold within the room you now felt, but from keeping your emotions of shock and sadness inside. It was an unbearable tightening within your chest that additionally closed your throat to air, making it hard to breathe. The most you did for the moment in order to give yourself the courage to breathe again was let out a low whimper from your lips—that was it.

You remembered bringing the ring box with you then and sniffled a bit, reaching behind you to get it from the small pocket of your backpack. When you did, you opened it and leaned forward, removing its contents and showing it to the irresponsive blonde before you.

"What do you think Noa? It's from the Shinsengumi, oni, and shinobi of Edo. Th-They said that...that..."

*Flash*

"Watashi no teian..." Toshizo said, gaze locking with yours as he looked up.

You gasped, eyes wide," T-Teian!? But I... I-I'm not ready to get married!"

The three males looked at each other first in surprise then in slight amusement. Hanzo chuckled lightly," Of course not—we know that."

"Then why...?" you gestured to the ring box, cocking your head to the side.

"What he should have said was watashitachi no teian," Chikage corrected, leaning forward and opening the box. He then turned it to face you; inside, there was a clear vile upon the felt, holding a liquid that was neon pink in color, splashed with a hint of red.

"What is this?" you murmured, holding the vile to your eye.

"Ochimizu," the blonde answered, leaning back on his hands.

"Ah...the Rasetsu potion," you nodded slowly, biting your lip as you swirled the contents. "I remember reading about this... It's known as the Water of Life—I-I thought it was just another Edo myth..."

"Not likely; it's a potion made during the Bakufu by a doctor turning the users into nothing but demonic fakes if they take it, giving rapid regeneration and the ability to heal of fatal injuries. The side effects are bloodlust, sensitivity to sunlight, and a weakness to silver metal."

"However, if one has control, they can have power over when they change from demon to human—demon of course only in the appearance of pale hair and crimson eyes," Toshizo continued. "Even then, when in the demonic—"

"Fake demonic."

"State," the ravenette narrowed his eyes at Chikage who had interrupted him," if it is used too much, the person can eventually die as it quickens the life process."

"But keep in mind we're speaking if the person in question is alive," Hanzo noted. "If the potion is given to the deceased, there is a possibility it would bring them back to life. We have not tried this, and doubt it would even work, or know the consequences if it does. Again, we do not agree with the usage of this, but taking your happiness into consideration, we have conversed over it, and if you want to [Name]-hime, it's a risk at bringing Noasuke back."

"Risk...?" you looked up, hand lowering the vile into the ring box.

"If it does work," Toshizo spoke slowly," Noasuke might fully become a fiend and not remember you, or anyone else at all—you might have to kill him if things get out of hand, which, is more than likely."

"By using Ochimizu, you are disturbing the process of life, as well as his fate," Chikage added. "We will support whatever decision you make, but be cautious, and think through what is really important to you—Noasuke's happiness, or yours."

"We won't say a word to anyone," Hanzo said, the three bowing their heads to you," and if you need our aid in deal, we will come."

*Flash*

"...That I would be happy...and you might come back..." You exhaled lightly, your hand in the blonde's as your other held the small vile over his face—your gaze locked on it. "...But will I really be? ...Do you want to come back, Noa? Or...are you happy there...?"

Silence.

That cold feeling of being within a morgue lingered in the air, and you found that a few tears had escaped your eyes as your vision suddenly became blurry. Shaking your head you carefully set down Noa's hand and sniffled, wiping your cheeks. Hanging your head, you then shook with sobs, your free hand covering your mouth's held back cries and whimpers while your occupied one was still over Noa, holding the Ochimizu bottle.

"I'll let you rest Noa," you decided, barely able to speak in a whisper as you hiccupped. "I...I won't bring you back like this..."

Suddenly, the room became completely dark—your silver illumination gone. You froze in place, trying to feel for a presence when instead the lights overhead flickered on, as well as those upon the floor, outlining the tile pattern. A single red light upon the roof additionally flashed, and a loud alarm sound rang along with it. All the while, the door you had come in from barred shut from the inside, and a clang of metal with metal locking confirmed you now had no way out.

"Regeneration process complete—reboot successful with all generators running at one hundred percent," a computerized female voice called over the alarm. "Now proceeding with security defense system—intruders located within the basement, sector A, and the roof."

"Oh no..." you shook your head, eyes darting around the room in a panic.

Thin pillars as thick as the medium sized tiles on the ground shot up with an electronic hiss. They were dark gray, and were outlined with a neon baby blue color where their plates separated. Whining, they took a spin, then had their plates separate from the original post—as petals would separate from the flower bud. The pillars then buzzed, and before you could move, you were struck by the bolt from them—numerous lines of them whizzing across the room in all directions. One specifically hit the Ochimizu vile, and with your grip on the bottle gone, another bolt shattered it in midair—the liquid splattering, and the glass shards clattering to the ground seconds after your body hit the floor.

You convulsed and twitched, feeling a numbing sensation slowly wash over your body. Time seemed to slow, and with your ear against the cold ground, you could faintly hear rushing footsteps and radios instructing a direction towards the morgue. The sound of your heavy breathing overpowered your ears hearing the blaring alarms, and you fought for control over the movement upon your numb body. Another shot of light from the pillars overhead caused Noa's locker to close and automatically lock as the little lock on it outlined with crimson, along with the others.

Finding you could still move your left arm a bit, you shakily searched the ground for anything that could help you when your eyes caught sight of the glass pieces where the second part of the vile had broken—a sharp piece jagged enough to be used as a weapon. You reached out to it blindly, and grabbing it in your palm, squeezed it tightly—blood dripping onto the ground as little splotches.

Mere seconds passed until you felt the sharp stinging pain against your skin, and the sensation of touch rippled, filling your body. Exhaling as if you had been holding your breath, you panted, then rolled onto your back and scurried to your feet. Removing your scrub outfit from your backpack, you cleaned up the residue of glass and liquid upon the ground and lockers, making sure not to leave a trace as you shoved the clothes back into your backpack. Standing, you dodged another bolt of light, rolling back onto the ground and crawling on your stomach, using your forearms to move around.

In your desperation to escape, you quickly noticed a drainage opening upon the ground near the main door. Crawling to it, you discovered it was at least a couple tiles long, giving you enough room to enter it. Sitting up a bit, you reached over with both hands and tugged at the cover—it moved slightly, refused to open higher than a centimeter. Again you tried, and this time, the metal gave a small whine. Getting to your feet, you crouched down and pulled, one foot against the wall while doing so. Refusing to let go, you continued to pull until you were shaking, and after an exhale escaped your lips, the cover popped open, causing you to tumble back.

Scurrying to your hands and knees, you crawled over to the opening as quick as you could and grabbed the cover, pulling it back into place behind you as you jumped down. Then, fingers still holding onto the inside of it, you peered through the bars at hearing the main door on the other side click open, but nobody stepping through. Guns were heard clicking though, along with a few clatters to the ground. Realizing though, that the clatters were little smoke bombs, you hastily released the cover, allowing yourself to fall into an endless dark pit below you.

Senshi's words not to use your powers echoed in your head, and you resisted the urge to call on Kei, or attempt at flying. Instead, you calmed yourself, and outstretched your arms, closing your eyes and feeling the air brush past your bare skin. The air slowly began to change as you fell, and a chlorine smell intoxicated your nostrils rather than the tainted air of medicine or the thick smoke bomb smog. It got stronger, and the atmosphere denser, more intense when trying to breathe, as if...

SPLASH.

Kicking against the ground, you pushed yourself back to the surface. Gasping for air when reaching it, you realized the endless pit that had once been beneath you was now the underground waterway of the entire city—waters dark blue, even black, with sprinkles of rain getting in from the gutters above. You were being carried with the current, leaving you to bob up and down in the water as its gushing sound filled your ears.

Hitting concrete after concrete as the waves showed you no mercy, you tried your hand at swimming with the current. When it only made breathing harder, you stopped, eyes darting towards the gutters that were illuminated by the overhead streetlight; but, as your luck may have it, you moved too fast to even see what street you could have been on.

There was a sudden drop, and in your next splash of water, you were pulled under an overflowing of it. You unwillingly swallowed mouthfuls as you had no break for air, and was swirled through twists and turns of the sewers—finally spit out after many long moments, into the air and a pool of more water with the rain pounding on your face-down body.

Coughing harshly, you dragged yourself to the shore of the shallow lake you had landed in—which ended up being a segment of the park—and was met with the soft damp grass that surrounded it. With another round of water upchucking itself from your body, your palms clenched into fists, clutching handfuls of grass as more water came, and a pain in the pit of your stomach burned furiously paving its way to your throat, weakening you gravely.

Arms shaking, you fought to control your breathing and pushed yourself up to your knees, then your feet, dragging them along as your body shuddered uncontrollably from the cold. You used your bandana as a makeshift bandage for your left hand, and shuffling to the pathway of the park, you followed it to the exit, then navigated your way back to town square based on your memory.

It was late—evidently—and the rain continued to pour. Only a few cars crossed the street every now and then, carrying away with them the sound of rubber tires against wet pavement. Other than that, your wet footsteps were a light echo of your existence as you walked. The wind howled and blew, hitting your face with slanted rainfall, and causing goose bumps to trickle across your skin. Your ignored it and focused on your main objective, getting your mind off the weather as you controlled your breath—little wisps of air disappearing and reappearing with each in inhale, with each exhale.

Town square was empty except for a single black van, and a familiar group of people in black raincoats, under their umbrellas. Too tired to recognize who, you collapsed onto the ground within a few meters of them, and your body slapped the water, the concrete—unable to take another step. Footsteps rushed to you, and you were overturned, taken into the arms of Reno.

"Amaya!" he gasped, helplessly looking at you as his crisp Turk uniform was immediately soaked.

"There you a—ah!" Kurai gasped, crouching down on your other side. "What happened to you!?"

"I g-got locked in the morgue," you spoke through a hoarse voice. "I...I got the microchip though," you smiled as best as you could. "M-Mission...successful..."

"Hey," Reno shook you," stay with me—Amaya!"

When you awoke, it was hours later, in the early morning—maybe five, six at the most. You lay motionless in an unknown bed, looking up at the white celling with tired eyes as the events from your first mission unfurl in your mind. The covers upon you were dark crimson with white designing, matching the pillowcases. In the distance a clock ticked seconds away, and you turned to your right to see one resting upon a nightstand.

Deciding to sit up, you winced, and a cloth damp with cold water fell onto your lap. Your left hand was bandaged, and in addition to your clothes that were still a bit wet, you were wearing a black long sleeved shirt over it, obviously too long for you. You reached up to touch your face, and a bandage rested upon your right cheek. Then, still confused about where you were, you looked around the room. It had a wood planked floor and white walls; a bay window with black curtains drawn, and a black cabinet occupied the space to your left, with the right a closet and another bookshelf. Upon the wall in front of you, a door was on the farthest left of it, a desk in the middle across from the bed, and a bookshelf to the right, cornering the other on the neighboring wall.

The door creaked open then and your gaze shifted to it to find a tall teen with shaggy hair, layered to the base of his neck, entering. He wore beige uniformed pants, and the white long sleeved collared shirt along with it was unbuttoned to expose his torso, with a red tie handing around his neck, ready to be fixed. Closing the door, he fixed his shirt, then tie, in front of the mirror that was the sliding door to the closet where he retrieved a dark gray blazer. Then, shaking out his hair, he dried it with a nearby towel before blowing the fringe of it away.

As he turned to leave, you finally caught his attention, and he smiled in relief, sitting himself at the edge of the bed. He reached out to touch your forehead, but you instinctively backed away. Furrowing his eyebrows, he didn't try again, and only took the damp cloth from the bed, placing it on the nightstand. Then, he looked back at you, fully turning his body to face you.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly; you nodded silently in response, surprised by his smooth voice. "Last night, after you collapsed you had a fever, and we patched up a few of your cuts at ShinRa's medical ward. We tried calling, but couldn't get an answer from Kei last night, so I offered you stay here with me. He'll come within an hour or so with your uniform if you feel like going to school, but I think you should rest—you had a very long night."

"..." All you did was stare at him in confusion. You remembered what happened last night but...

"Since we have time," the teen continued, gaze holding yours," I need to tell you something."

You cocked your head to the side," E-Eh...?"

"I've...been keeping it secret for a while now because I wasn't sure...but now I know and... Amaya—no—[Name], I... I remember you."

"You...remember me?" you repeated slowly.  

He nodded, a gentle smile forming across his lips. "I know who you are [Name], you don't have to hide anything from me." He reached out to you again, but you scurried away from him, back hitting black headboard of the bed with a light thud against the wall. "What?" he whispered, smile quickly fading as his eyes crossed with hurt. "Listen, I know you're more than likely disappointed or unhappy with me for ever forgetting who you are—just as you would be with any of us—but is a hug at the least really that repulsive?"

Leaning on the bed with one knee on it, his hand outstretched to you again, but you panicked, and smacked it away as you rolled off the bed, breathing heavily in fear. You rolled over, sitting on your legs as you gazed up at him in anticipation. The teen bit his lip, swallowing once before speaking, eyes showing a reflection of your rejection as they glazed over. Was he...? Is he...going to cry?

"[Name]...please...tell me what's wrong," he pleaded.

You shook your head rapidly, glancing around before grabbing a sheath that was leaned against the bookshelf, drawing the weapon—which was a katana—and pointing it at him, shaking now too, in fear as you used the sheath to help you get to your feet. "W-Who are you!?"

"[Name]...? [Name], you know who I am," he shook his head in disbelief. "You can't be serious..."

"I don't know who you are!" you yelled back in a shrill voice. "Tell me or—or I'll kill you!"

"...[Name]..."

---------------------------------

Author's Note: The introduced OC submissions are PoisonFang's Kurai Ryuketsu, DarkSilence27's Demi Kebel, and NejireAkuma's Rin Tessah. This turned out like a filler again Dx Bah, I need to start writing more... Thanks for reading :D

Translations:

Watashi no teian – (Japanese) My proposal

Teian – (Japanese) Proposal

Watashitachi no teian – (Japanese) Our proposal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...
12 1 5
This marks the real beginning of a long journey, of pain, suffering, and losses. As ordinary as a journey may start, no one is capable of guessing wh...
24.6K 517 18
No longer updating. Story has been discontinued. Read "A Figmental Heart" instead. [following KH1] After having their only home destroyed, (Y/N) and...
30.6K 988 17
[DISCONTINUED] Beyond expectation between life and death, I know nothing about the truth, for my past remains unknown, a secret I cannot unveil, my m...