Dome → Isaac Lahey

By pocpolaroid

After the fatal car crash that took the lives of their parents, Carmen Taylor and her brother, Piers, move to... More

PART ONE: AMBER
AMBER : character visuals
0.1 : prelude
0.2 : funeral
0.3 : amber
0.4 : pack
0.5 : rink
0.6 : plan
0.7 : truth
0.8 : barricade
0.9 : queen's
1.0 : good side
1.2 : full moon
1.3 : hostage
1.4 : new
1.5 : room
1.6 : end
1.7 : symbol
PART TWO : BLUE
BLUE : character visuals
1.8 : alphas
1.9 : memory
2.0 : bathwater
2.1 : vault
2.2 : boiler
2.3 : sides
AUTHOR'S NOTE
2.4 : stake
2.5 : bus
2.6 : motel california
2.7 : boyd
2.8 : family
2.9 : philosophers
3.0 : recital
3.1 : surveillance
3.2 : beginning
3.3 : hallucinations
3.4 : offer
3.5 : barrow
3.6 : expendable
3.7 : blue
3.8 : oni
3.9 : box
4.0 : knife
4.1 : taken
4.2 : riddles
4.3 : self
4.4 : bombs
4.6 : eichen
4.7 : trepanation
4.8 : certificate
4.9 : reunited
5.0 : piers
5.1 : kin
5.2 : carmen
5.3 : obituaries
5.4 : sprout
PART THREE: HELL AND BACK
HELL AND BACK : character visuals
5.5 : fantasy
5.6 : test
5.7 : reconciliation
5.8 : confessions
5.9 : breach
6.0 : gala
6.1 : vision
6.2 : company
6.3 : lahey
6.4 : real
6.5 : return
6.6 : casey
6.7 : human
6.8 : safe
6.9 : graduation
7.0 : EPILOGUE
extras.
author's note.

1.1 : rave

37.9K 1.1K 1.5K
By pocpolaroid

"What's he doing here?" Scott asks as Isaac, Derek, and I walk through the doors of the Vet's.

"I need him." Derek deadpans, glancing around the dimly lit lobby.

"I don't trust him." Scott retorts. I roll my eyes at him and he shoots me a look back.

"Well, 'he' doesn't trust you either." Isaac sasses behind me with crossed arms.

"And Derek really doesn't care." He states firmly. "Now where's the vet, is he going to help us or not?"

"That depends," A voice comes from behind us, making me jump and whip around to see a bald, dark-skinned man standing in the doorway. "Your friend Jackson- Are we planning to kill him, or save him?"

"Kill him," "Save him," Scott and Derek say at the same time. Scott turns to Derek, giving him a mean look. "Save him."

Derek looks as if he wants to say something, but gives in with a reluctant eye roll. Scott turns to the vet and nods in finality, "Save him."

The man leads us to the back room and we stand around it, watching patiently as he puts down an array of bottles filled with different liquids in front of us. Isaac stands to my right, intrigued by the bottles, beginning to reach his hands towards them. I grab his wrist and yank it back before he can grab something, glaring at him.

"Watch what you touch." Derek instructs.

The vet begins lifting and examining the bottles. Isaac leans down on his elbows, watching the man with his signature smirk. "So, what are you, some kind of witch?"

"No," The man turns to Isaac with a bittersweet smile, "I'm a veterinarian."

Isaac makes an "O" face and nods, obviously feeling stupid. I flick the back of his head as warning for him to shut up, making him wince and look back at me guilty.

"Unfortunately I don't see anything here that would be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin." The vet sighs in defeat.

"We're open to options."

"Well what about an effective offense," I inquire, locking eyes with the vet.

"We already tried." Derek shakes his head, shooting me down immediately. "Argent emptied an entire clip into him, the thing just gets back up."

"Has it shown any weaknesses?"

"It can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

"No," Scott finally joins in the conversation, "He's the captain of the swim team."

"So essentially you're trying to catch two people." The vet nods. He walks back to his counter, shuffling around for something before coming back and holding out some kind of pendant. "A puppet, and a puppeteer." He sets it down on the table and begins to talk about the people that the kanima attacked before- A case that I knew minimal about. All of my prior knowledge of it was merely from things I've picked up during conversations. "One killed the husband but the other had to take care of the wife, do we know why?"

Everyone looks at another for answers, but none of us could provide them.

"I don't think Jackson could do that, though." Scott points out, scratching his chin. "His mother died pregnant too, she was maybe murdered. I don't think he would let the same thing happen to someone else."

"How'd you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac furrows his eyebrows, "The kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too."

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?"

I cringe at the question, feeling a pang in my chest when Isaac's jaw feathers.

"Wouldn't surprise me if he was."

"Hold on," The vet perks up, "The beastiary says they're bonded, right? What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him?" He waves his finger and dives back into his bottles like he had an idea. "What if- Something that affects the kanima," He holds up a red bottle, sprinkling it around the pendant, "Also affects it's master?"

"Meaning what?" I ask, leaning down to Isaac's level. His face turns to mine and he gives me a comforting smile before turning to Scott again.

"Meaning we can catch them," Scott lights up, "Both of them."

▲▼

Stiles pulled into the school parking lot with me in the back seat, his best friend in the front. He was back to offering me rides again, and I have to admit, it felt good to be on their good side again.

"There's gotta be some other way to get tickets, right?" Scott asks as we all hop out.

"It's a secret show, there's only one way. It's a secret," Stiles emphasizes, dumbing down his friend. According to Stiles' amazing detective skills, the next kanima victim would be at some huge rave in town tonight. When I asked him how he knew this, he only claimed that it was a long process and that I would just have to trust him. I did, like I always do. I decided that it'd be smart to order my tickets for my pack that night, just in case they sold out. Stiles and Scott weren't so smart.

"Hey-" Matt comes up behind us all of a sudden causing me to jump like a cat that just had water doused over it. I fasten my bookbag strap in an attempt to regain myself and cock my head at him. "Any of you know why nobody was suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

"Just forget about it, nobody got hurt," Stiles shrugs nonchalantly, already beginning to walk away.

"I- I had a concussion." Matt argued, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nobody got seriously hurt."

"I was in the E.R. for 6 hours!"

"'Kay, do you wanna know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high," Stiles raises his hand a mere inch above the ground, "On our list of problems right now!"

I roll my eyes at him and take a step towards Matt, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Ignore him. Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He glares at Stiles, his eyes burning like lasers. "I'm fine. Now, you didn't get any tickets last night either?"

Scott shakes his head with a frown, "Are they still selling?"

"No but I managed to find two online. You should keep trying, it sounds like everyone's gonna be there." Matt replies, his tone menacing. And with that, he sends us a smirk before walking off in the opposite direction. 

"I don't like him." Stiles mutters, turning to Scott. "Hey, are you sure about this?"

"Last time whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job so what do you think he's gonna do this time?"

Stiles struggles internally for a few seconds, trying to find an answer until he finally sighs, his words coming out slowly.

"Be there to make sure it happens."

▲▼

Isaac, Erica and I walk into the venue with our heads held high, my hands in my pockets. Isaac looked back at me and smirked, to which I replied to with an equally menacing one.

When Erica pulls the curtain back, we're exposed to an array of strobing lights, loud EDM, and a crowd of especially drunk teenagers stumbling and dancing. Not even 10 seconds into our arrival, Isaac is dragged off behind a pillar with Scott, engaging in conversation with him regarding the plan tonight. Erica goes off into the crowd to do lord-knows-what, leaving me standing alone like an idiot. Even standing here with my makeup and hair done, wearing my black revealing crop top and jet black skinny jeans, I no longer felt confident alone- I was now noticing that my confidence bar was only really up when I was around Isaac. Other times, like such, I was an awkward wreck that didn't know what to do. So, I just stood ground and hugged myself, watching more people get drunk out of their minds. Must be fun.

Isaac finally comes back and flashes me his pocket, showing me the syringe filled with ketamine that Deaton claimed would helped slow Jackson down tonight. "Ready?"

My heart beats faster and I nod. The plan was to distract Jackson- And I had a few ideas on how to go about doing that. I give him a quick, nervous glance before I dive into the crowd, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

It's not long until I spot Jackson facing away from me in the fuck-fest and I smirk, making my way over to him. I traced my fingers along his neck, making him turn around to face me. A sudden wave of confidence washes over me, and before any words could leave his mouth, I attach my lips to him, balling his shirt up in my fists. I pull him closer to me as he finally registers what was happening and begins to comply with me, kissing me back hard, initiating a full-on makeout session. As much as I hated to admit it, pretty-boy had a set of lips on him.

But they weren't as nearly good as Isaac's. It was impossible to forget the feeling of his lips on my skin- One, because it was the best thing I had ever experienced, and two, because it was happening all over again. Isaac's hands were on my hips from behind me, his hot breathing hitting my neck. This wasn't part of the plan, but I couldn't bring myself to push him off. I didn't want to.

Jackson ground against me and I throw my head back, moaning. Isaac and I's eyes meet, bliss and lust flaming in them. He grips my hips tighter and pulls me closer to his body, his hips meeting mine, lips attaching to mine roughly. If I wasn't able to heal, I was positive that I would have been completely covered in bruises from his hard grip by now. Jackson steals me back and his mouth goes back to mine, his hands trailing up the sides of my crop top.

I feel a sensation of cold metal on my skin. The syringe- Isaac was going to do it. I tried to keep Jackson distracted, now moving my hand further down until they met the part of his pants that were blocking his crotch. God, I was going to have to take a year-long bath in holy water if I ever wanted to live this night down.

Jackson's face abruptly goes sour as he digs claws into both of our sides. We both cry out and he leans in closer into my ear menacingly. "He belongs to me," A voice growls from his throat, mechanical and low. He drops us to the ground and I already feel the venom making it's way through me. 

I look up with what strength I had left, noticing that Isaac dropped the syringe. He looks over to me and I groan, "I-I can't reach it!"

The venom had already begun it's assault on my weakened body, and there was no way I would be able to help in this situation. Everything was riding on Isaac in this very moment. He yells out and manages to get up on his knees, inching closer to the contained liquid with what little strength he could muster. A dancer's shoe stepped backwards and knocked it out of the way- Out of his line of reach.

"I-Isaac!" I plead, looking at him with worrisome eyes. "He's getting closer, you have to do it!"

He shakes his head, his limbs threatening to stiff at any second now.

"You can do it!" I yell at him, but it was more of an order than words of encouragement. Isaac seems to find power in my words and forces himself to his feet painfully, clumsily grabbing the ketamine. He inches towards Jackson but is soon out of my line of sight, so I'm left on the ground paralyzed until a minute later I feel two strong arms dragging me across the floor and into a back room of the venue.

Pain shoots up my body again and I cry out against the person holding me. They lay me on the ground and Erica's face pops up above me, concern written over her face. "This is going to hurt. Again."

This was beginning to become a routine. Erica grabbed my arm and snapped it backwards, eliciting screams from me. A strong hand was placed over my mouth, but I couldn't see who it was, as the blackness was already making its appearance. She digs her claws into my skin and draws the venom and blood, making me cry even harder into the hand over me. The process is quicker this time, and my body fights the venom harder, keeping me from passing out this time. No. Instead, I'm left in a lousy, drunk-like state.

I look up at the girl above me, who suddenly looked more attractive than I remembered her being. In my out-of-it state, I bring my arm up to her face and stroke it, furrowing my eyebrows. "Hey, Erica," I slur, pulling her closer to me. "When did you get so hot?"

She smirks and voluntarily begins to lean down, connecting our lips for a split second before Erica was pushed off of me by Isaac.

"Hey, hey, hey, none of that. Stop." He glares at Erica and picks me up, letting me lean against him until I regained my balance. Erica shrugs and I look at the room around me that was beginning to clear up.

Jackson sat in a chair in front of us, unconscious. I hold my head and shrug from Isaac's grip, now feeling well enough to at least support myself. The door to our right opens and we all whip around on instinct, ready to attack whoever it was.

"It's me! It's just me! You freaks.." Stiles rushes, walking into the room and closes the door behind us. We all lower our guards and I sigh, looking down at my healing skin.

"Are you okay now?" Erica asks. I look up and nod at her, feeling slightly embarrassed for making that move on her; I didn't know what I was doing.

"Is he okay?" Stiles inquires, his head turning to Jackson.

"Well," Isaac walks cockily up to Jackson's body smugly, "Let's find out."

He gets his claws out and attempts to slice at Jackson's chest, but Jackson reaches up and grabs his arm, twisting it backwards. I was fairly sure I heard a bone crack. Isaac groans out and breaks from his grip, scurrying back over to me in hopes I could help him heal quicker.

"Okay," Stiles declares with a dropped jaw, "Nobody does anything like that again."

"I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out," Isaac grunts, holding onto his arm tightly.

"Yeah well apparently this is all we're gonna get." Stiles sighs, "Let's just hope whoever's controlling him decided to show up tonight."

"I'm here," Jackson's robotic voice speaks, making us all snap our heads his direction. His eyes fly open, but are utterly blank. "I'm right here with you."

Isaac takes a seat on the chair in the corner, not wanting to get his other arm broken. Stiles walks up to Jackson, kneeling down to his level. I take a hesitant step forward, just in case anything happens and I need to protect him. "Jackson, is that you?"

"Us." The voice speaks. "We're all here."

". . Are you the one killing people?"

"We're the ones killing murderers." His jaw twitches angrily, ensuing that I take another step.

"So all the people you've killed so far-"

"Deserved it."

"Alright, so the people you're killing are all murderers, then?"

"All. Every. Single. One."

"Well who did they murder?"

" . . Me."

I take another step, my head bent at an angle of confusion. All of our eyebrows were dropped as we tried to make sense of what he had just told us. It didn't make any sense.

"Wait, what? What do you mean?" I ask.

Jackson takes a deep breath, noticeably getting angrier with each passing second. "They murdered me."

I look back and see Isaac getting up and walking to Erica, holding her behind him. It takes me a second to understand why, but when I do, I begin to migrate backwards as well. Jackson's eyes were transformed into their lizard-like state, his body sat up straighter. "They murdered me." He shakes, his fists clenching. His claws begin to make their appearance, and by this point, everyone is pressed against the wall.

"Okay- Ketamine, the man needs more ketamine," Stiles looks to Isaac in a panicked frenzy.

Isaac's eyes go wide in realization as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small empty glass, "We don't have anymore."

"You used it all?!" I hiss, pinching him. 

Erica pokes at Stiles frantically, pointing to Jackson, who was slowly raising to his feet, eyes trained on us menacingly. He let out a loud screech, immediately ensuing that it was our time to go. We all run out of the room, shutting the door behind us and leaning against it so he couldn't escape.

"Find something to hold in front of the door!" Stiles yells at me. I begin to take off in the other direction to find something, but the wall to my left is busted open by the kanima, who steps on my stomach as it runs off back into the club. I cough roughly and roll over on my side, my hands holding onto my stomach. Stiles runs to my side and helps me up, looking me up and down.

"You're okay, right?" He rushes, "You're healing?"

I merely nod, knowing that I should be the least of everyone's problems right now.

We let him get away.

Stiles takes off running in the direction the kanima did, and we all run behind him as he led us through the flooded venue once again. It was hard to keep up with him when we were being pushed around by the drunk dancers every which way. Isaac grabs onto my hand and pushes through, searching for Stiles.

"There," Erica points to the back door, taking the lead and bursting through the door. We all immediately stop when we sense a strong force on us, seemingly pushing us back into the club. Isaac cocks his head and bends down, examining what was in front of us. It was a line of gray ash that trailed all around the building- To keep supernaturals in, or out.

"Oh my god, it's working!" Stiles exclaims, a mile-wide grin spreading across his face upon seeing the confusion on ours. "Oh- this is- Yes! I finally did something!"

"Scott," Derek suddenly perks up, looking around. I hadn't even noticed Derek was here until now. I furrow my eyebrows- Scott was nowhere to be seen. "Break it." He points to the line.

"What- No way!"

"Scott's dying!" He yells, softening Stiles up a bit.

"O-okay wait, what? How do you know that?"

"Stiles, I just know! Break it!" Derek yells even louder, getting more and more impatient by the second.

Stiles huffs and bends down, using his hands to separate the ash. Derek runs through, leaving Stiles to sit there sadly, looking his only achievement of tonight's mission destroyed.

Isaac looks over to me, but I can't return the eye contact. I drop my head into my hands, inhaling deeply as I tried to calm down. We let the kanima get away, and I couldn't help but blame myself. I had never felt so useless in my life. I was supposed to protect people. I was supposed to be strong, powerful- Everything I'm currently not.

Everything I would never be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 1.1K 40
the pack thought they had faced it all, but what happens when people start going missing?
207K 5.6K 14
Its a matter of life and death. The only people who can help you are those that can destroy you. What do you do? [cover by @luciangemini]
288K 11.9K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
214K 5.3K 59
[BOOK THREE] Sierra Page struggled with moving on. The events from earlier that winter were permanently engraved in her head and with the loss of All...