A New Student (Yami Yugi X Re...

By crystal_lights78

Mean people, crap loads of work, and nagging teachers are all that surrounded you but nope! You pushed that s... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Q&A!
Answers to your Questions!
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37

Part 36

3.9K 137 119
By crystal_lights78

-Yami: Good morning sweetie! I have some sad news, I won't be able to see you before first period due to Yugi needing MY help on a science project that's due today and since Yugi doesn't have to be at school till the afternoon today because of some teacher meeting thing, he can get it done before heading off to school. He said he would stop eating all the cookies in the house if I agreed to help him, so I did. I hope you're okay with that, hun. Wish you could come, but I don't want you to be late to school as well :(

You blinked a few times to adjust to, one: the brightness of your screen after just waking up in the morning and, two: the hecka long text. You replied:

-You: That's fine, baby! If he aces the project then he better give you lots of thanks! Haha, see you later! <3

It took maybe a minute or so for Yami to reply back:

-Yami: He better! And see you at around the middle of first period! <3 xx

-You: xxx

-Yami: Boy oh boy, here we go again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-You: <3

You laughed and said joyfully to yourself, "Could I be anymore happier this morning?" Your mind floated back to the events that happened yesterday with Yami and your friends. The ride on the Ferris Wheel made your heart skip a beat, even now just thinking about it! But all of a sudden, as if your own mind hated you, your thoughts dampened with anxiety yet again just like yesterday about two people in particular.

Duke. Bakura. Why do I have a feeling that something is going to happen? Why am I becoming more scared by the moment?

"Let's keep our heads up and stay positive, okay?"

You looked straight ahead, noticing that your head had been hung low in fear, and slightly expected to see Yami in front of you reiterating those words to you. But he wasn't. It was just you and your thoughts, highlighting what he said to you last night.

Yami's right, you thought, getting up off of your relaxing bed and beginning to make it, I mustn't worry, I have to trust him.

---(Time skip to school)---

You fumbled with the stuff in your locker, taking out the supplies that you needed for your first period class and distributing them into your back pack. Hmm, I wonder where (b/n) is,  you thought, pulling out your phone to send her a text when suddenly-

"YO GURL!"

You jumped which made your phone almost drop out of your hands, but since you have ninja-like skills cause you're awesome like that, you caught it with a sigh of relief. You turned around to see a laughing (b/n).

"Seriously, (b/n)? First Yami does that to me and now you!"

(b/n) didn't even try  to cut off her laughter, "Oh come on, you scaredy-cat! I've done this to you all your life! You should be used to this kind of stuff!"

You rolled your eyes, "Should."

She playfully shoved you, "Oh, you're no fun!"

"I know, especially at 7:30 in the morning," you said bluntly.

(b/n)'s expression peeked with a hint of a newfound excitement, "Oooh! I was gonna ask, has Yami asked you to the mid-school dance yet?"

Your expression became the exact opposite of (b/n)'s as your emotions instantly dropped like a huge rock. You had so much fun yesterday that you completely forgot about the dance, not to mention the annoying thoughts that bugged you about the event your boyfriend hasn't asked you to yet, or if he ever will at all.

"Yugi told me that he's helping him with his project, so I thought we could talk about this now since he's not here with us at the moment," she added.

"No...no he hasn't," you said with a broken voice.

(b/n) gasped, thinking that he would've asked you way before she asked Yugi. She pulled you into a hug, "It's okay, (y/n). I'm sure he's just waiting for the right time to ask you."

Right time?  That's it, instead of bottling up your worries, you spilled them out on (b/n), "Right time? But it's tomorrow! How long is he going to keep me waiting!?"

(b/n) stepped back to look you straight in the eyes and put a hand on your shoulder, "Just be patient, okay? Don't give up on getting your hopes up. If all else fails, then just ask him yourself."

You glanced despairingly at the hand on your shoulder, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

-RING-

"Well, I better get my ass to class, want me to walk you to your class first though?" (b/n) insisted.

"Nah gurl, that's okay. I'm not an old lady that needs help crossing a street," you elbowed her with a teasing hint in your (e/c) eyes.

"Hahaha, alright then, young  lady! See you later!"

You began to head to geometry after the two of you departed ways until you heard a familiar and unenduring voice from behind catch you off guard.

"Whoa there, pretty little thing! Where's your boyfriend?"

You halted, letting your last step stomp the ground. Your snarled under your breath and your hands balled into fists. You did not turn around to look at the green-eyed teen.

"What. Do. You. Want." your words came out slowly and hatefully. The undying urge to sock him in the face was beginning to consume you. You heard footsteps, two pairs of footsteps to be exact, nearing closer to you until you felt the breath of one of your enemies on your neck.

"Answer my question first," he replied in a fake, sweet manner that made you sick and he knew it. But his tone changed when he bitterly demanded, "Where. Is. He."

You gritted your teeth and spun around to face the black-haired player, "He's not here yet-"

Without letting you finish your sentence, his hands grabbed your waist, yanked you closer to his body, and contacted your lips with his own. You were so stunned by the unexpected act that you didn't know what to do. You didn't give in to the kiss, your eyes were still open, you just stood there. Petrified.

After regaining your awareness as to what the hell was going on, you shoved him off, your mouth hung open in disbelief.

"Wha...why...."

You turned and saw Yami Bakura standing right besides the satisfied, smirking Duke. I knew I heard two pairs of footsteps!

You observed more of your surroundings, there were maybe 10 people staring at the scene that just happened in shock. These kids didn't look like the 97% of stuck-ups that contaminated the school.

But still...rumors get thrown around fast...

You snarled and slapped Duke, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!"

Duke thrown on a fake act yet again, this time pretending to be hurt. He gasped and pressed the side of his face that you slapped with his palm, "(y/n), why so snappy, love?"

"UGH!"

You felt like throwing thousands of chairs at him, even Bakura since he just stood there like the annoying pest that he is and watched! I was right, they are buds. Great.

"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" you hollered at Duke. "LEAVE YAMI AND I ALONE! HE'S ALL I WANT AND ALL I'LL EVER WANT! HE'S MORE THAN A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN YOU! I WONT PLAY YOUR STUPID GAME!"

You turned on your heel and stomped off. How do I explain this to Yami? What's he going to think of me?

You entered your first period class and sat down as soon as the bell rang for the start of a new day. You looked down at your desk before closing your eyes in deep, deep thought. You came to a conclusion.

No. I cant tell him. Not now...at least. The dance is tomorrow, I don't want to mention any type of commotion right now, I want things to be smooth and relaxing so we can have a wonderful time tomorrow and enjoy ourselves without any worries or any focus on what Duke and Bakura are trying to do.

I must put this behind us for right now...

---(Time skip to lunch)---

You and Yami talked and talked as if you were the only two people on the planet. You two made your way to the cafeteria and sat down. You began to unpack your lunch box and eye Yami suspiciously, "Aren't you hungry, Yami?" You saw how there was no food in front of him, even though he ate lunch everyday like you do. Seriously, your whole life revolved around food, there was no way you would skip a chance to eat. You didn't want Yami to skip lunch, not on your watch.

"No, not really," he answered with a shrug.

You leaned in, "Look, Egypt boy, there is always  time for food."

Yami laughed shortly and leaned in as well, "Fine. But that's Pharaoh  boy to you." He pecked you on the lips and made his way to the lunch line. You licked your lips, the cute kiss that he gave you reminded you of what happened earlier. You cringed in disgust.

No, I mustn't think of that.

You began taking bites of your food and your head highlighted a quote from Yami with bright yellow ink that your thoughts couldn't miss:

"If they try to do anything with either one of us, we must notify ach other at once so that we can settle it together, okay?"

You sighed, but I cant, it's too much right now. Oh Yami...im so sorry.

From a few feet away, you heard someone, very faintly, call Yami's name. You snapped your attention away from your worrisome thoughts and looked ahead of you to witness Bakura talking to Yami. Bakura looked at Yami with an overflow of concern in his usually threatening brown stare. He was showing Yami something on his phone and handed him a note. Your eyebrows furrowed together, what could they possibly be talking about?

Yami handed the note back to Bakura, you saw Yami shake his head. You got a better look at Yami, his face held that all-to well-known serious expression. An expression that blocked off insanity and stupidity from entering his mind. Bakura must be telling Yami something wild while Yami is not buying it.

It better not be about what Duke did...

You took in a deep breath and tried to calm yourself down before you could go into panic mode and studied Yami carefully as he walked away from Bakura, grabbed his food, and came back to sit across from you like he did everyday in a cheerful mood.

Except now, you could almost feel the itching irritation that he was giving off in just the look in his eyes.

"Yami..." you spoke softly, afraid that he will burst into anger. "Is everything okay...?"

Yami's eyes were fixed in a different direction as if avoiding your gaze. His voice was as smooth and comforting as usual, though, "Yes, hun, everything is alright. Don't worry."

"Okay."

But that's all that I've been doing all damn day...

Again, as you looked around at your surroundings, there were people staring at you. But there were more than just 10 people this time. There was a gang of jocks laughing and pointing at you. You shot them an evil glare and turned back to eat your food with Yami in silence.

Ignoring them wouldn't stop them. Three of them walked over to you, all laughing and enjoying themselves. One of them said to you, "Hey slut, my friends and I were wondering how a low life like you became the center of attention so fast in one day-"

Yami punched the guy before he could say another word. People around gasped as well as you did, you jumped off your seat and stood with shock.

"Leave her alone, I wont allow pieces of shit like you call my girlfriend stuff like that," Yami threatened with a hostile tone. The kid rubbed his face and opened his mouth to say something but a teacher came over and pulled Yami to the side, "What's your name?"

"Ya- Yugi. Yugi Muto." His voice softened, knowing already that the teacher was going to punish him.

"Well, Mr. Muto. Congratulations!" He wrote on a red slip and handed it Yami, "You have Saturday school!"

No...no!  Saturday school lasts from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm, but because of the dance happening later on tomorrow, they might ban him from even attending the special occasion!

Yami simply nodded and sat back across from you. The teacher led the boy who got punched by Yami to the nurse. You reached for Yami's hand and held it reassuringly on top of the table, "Yami...you didn't have to defend me like that, but, thank you. Thanks you so much."

Yami sighed and finally locked eyes with you, "This...this really sucks now because I was planning on hanging out with you sometime tomorrow but now, because of this," he held up the Saturday school slip, "I'm pretty sure my grandpa will not allow me to have anymore fun for the rest of the weekend...maybe even for longer..."

You looked disappointedly at your stressed boyfriend. How could yesterday be so much fun and now this...

"I'm real sorry, honey, but everything will be alright. It's not the end of the world. We can hang out some other time." You gave Yami your best smile which made him crack a grin that he could not hold back.

"Thank you, (y/n). You always know what to say," he squeezed your hand.

---(Time skip to the last class of the day)---

There were just a few more minutes until the bell rang. You and Yami have been working on an art project together and communicating with one another as if nothing bad has happened today. Your phone buzzed and you looked at the screen to see a text from your dad which read:

-Dad: Hey sugar! I get off of work early today and I'm heading home right now as I'm sending this. Since mom is at work and you'll be spending the whole day with her tomorrow, I thought you and I could spend some time together when you get home from school. So come home as soon as possible! Love ya!

"Hey, (y/n)," Yami started. "I'm going to stay after today for this class so I can work on that after school extra credit assignment that Mrs. Nelson mentioned at the beginning of class. Would you like to stay after with me?"

You frowned and shook your head in a sad no, "Sorry, Yami. I would if I could, but my dad just texted me saying that he wants me home as soon as possible so that he can spend time with me since, as you know, I barely get any quality time with my parents due to them working their asses of 24/7."

Yami chuckled to lighten the mood, "Ah, that's okay. I understand."

-RING-

"Well, babe," Yami pulled you into a tight hug at the sound of the dismissal bell, "I'll see you Monday at school...I guess..."

"Yeah, it'll be okay," you looked up at him and smiled a genuine smile that, you didn't know, always made his heart flip. He kissed you on the lips, enjoying the euphoric feeling that ignited within him every time he tasted your soft lips. To you, Yami's loving act of romance was obviously much better than Duke's lustful kiss. After the kiss and the coaxing of Mrs. Nelson to stop exchanging saliva in her classroom, you packed your stuff, said one final goodbye to Yami, and made your way out the door.

Taking a step off of campus and heading for home, you heard someone calling your name. You pleaded in your mind, Please, please don't let it be anymore trouble..

But unfortunately for you, you recognized that raspy British accent.

You turned and stared daggers into Bakura's stare, "What do you want, Duke's sidekick?"

"Tch, look (y/n), I know how you see me right now must be in a bad way. But hear me out, you're getting the wrong idea."

One of your eyebrows quirked up in curiosity at the desperation for mercy that flashed in his eyes, "How so?"

"Because I'm not here to cause trouble," he pulled out his phone and began to unlock it, opening up an audio recording. "I just want to warn you about what the Pharaoh told me when him and I were talking with each other during lunch..."

Bakura pressed play on the black screen that was the audio recording and Yami's voice boomed from the phone's speaker, "To be honest Bakura, I hate (y/n). Who could ever love such an ugly human being? I regret wasting my time with her when I could be with someone much better than her, someone prettier, someone smarter. Trust me, I hate being her boyfriend, I'm just here for her because I pity her for the kind of horrible person she really is."

You stared horrifyingly at the phone. You felt tears begin to well up, yearning to escape like a waterfall. "He...he really said that?" you choked. Your (e/c) crestfallen eyes still focused on Bakura's phone.

"The recording of his own voice doesn't lie, (y/n)." There was a long pause of silence before he said, "I'm sorry-"

You sped off, away from Bakura and straight towards home. So that's what Yami really thinks of me? Why didn't he just tell me this before? After all we've been through, after all the heartfelt moments we spent together, after all the hardships we fought together, and all this time...he just pitied me for who he thinks I am as a person? Your face was now soaked with tears, you did not have any strength left to even try to stop the tears from flowing. Stupid, stupid me. Before hearing the truth, I was about to think that he was actually beginning to...

fall in love with me...

but I guess I was wrong.

So.

Very.

Wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 493 50
•Completed• *** OC/reader x Midoryia *** Pandora Bokkusu is an exceptionally beautiful girl. With dark navy hair and glowing green eyes she makes h...
14.3K 445 18
The Queen is dead. And you had a pretty good idea of who was responsible. The Queens' Guard Dog. You wouldn't let him get away with it, no matter wha...
36K 693 11
A story of a half normie and half warewolf ghoul, who believes she hasn't fit in her whole life. Maybe it's the normie in her, or the monster. No mat...
3.1K 129 16
Where Wooyoung and Yeosang joined school together and everything was going on nicely but then the school's most baddest fuckboys rejoined the school...