His Last Joke (Sequel to His...

By DCfreakxox

Previously after Eva getting involved in pursuing a certain jewel with The Joker and The Riddler. Evangeline... More

Blank
Home?
I'm Back!
Patient 0801
Therapy Begins
Back Story ?!
I Know You
Glass Slides and Love Bugs
Dinners and Skype Calls
Concrete.
Home?
Settling Back
Just Like Me!
History Repeats Itself
8:30-ish
Behind The Cowl
Is This Goodbye?
Take Me To Him
Here Comes Natalie
Wayne Manor
Fake Blondes
Hot Dogs and Chess?
Alone
Falling Back
Black Out
Miss me?
Founder's island
Package Delivery
Breaking The Bat
Titan
The Power's Call
Test Results
Merry Christmas
Batman To The Rescue
Put Batsie On Speed Dial
The Bat Has To Die
The Demon Trials
The Grand Finale
Author's Note

Daughter of The Demon

2.5K 104 38
By DCfreakxox

~ Chapter 37 ~

  I stared out onto the broken rides and ripped tents from above. I was dangling my legs off now repetitive spot on one of the top rails of the run down roller coaster. I'd come up through the ceiling hatch of the office crate in the big clown logo and then step onto a rail which was just a few centimetres away from the clown's head. My chest still felt heavy with all that was happening. I think what was mainly bothering me now is how after all that I've done to try and save him, he thinks I've got eyes for Bruce. After all those nights I slept with tears on my pillow and all those nights that I haven't even had the privilege of shutting my brain down and sleeping. All of what I'm feeling now, all the pain and heart break that's clawing at my insides and driving me insane, he doesn't see. I let out a huff and decided to try and stop thinking for a while and just get lost in the scenery again. 

 After a few minutes I brought my hand up to part my hair and someone grabbed my wrist. I was about  to turn around and see who it was when I was harshly turned around and pulled back off the rail. I gave a loud gasp as I was dangling by my wrist in the space between the rail and the office roof. I looked up with wide-eyes to see that it was Jack. I thought he was too weak to even attempt to make it up to the roof.

"I thought I told you to not go up here again." He spat through his clenched jaw as he kept my dangling.

I swung for a few minutes trying to find some sort of balance and bring my hand up to grab onto the roof near his feet.

"Pull me up! Are you mad?!" 

"See doll, it's not so fun when your life is on the line now is it?! Back to your fear of heights yet?!" He glared at me as he still kept me dangling and that was when I just glared back.

I didn't know him anymore.

He's a total stranger. 

How does he all of a sudden forget all that we have ever had and turn into this monster?!

How does he keep doing that?!

Next thing I knew, he pulled me up onto the roof again. He grabbed my upper arm firmly and brought me closer to him than I already was.

"I don't want you up here again." He stressed as he looked into my eyes with great intensity.

"You're psychotic." I said as I pushed past him and walked over to the hatch.

"Oh please sweetheart, tell me something I don't know." He said in his nasal tone.

* Bruce's P.O.V *

  I was currently making my way to Ra's base. I can see it from where I stand so it shouldn't take long for one of his assassin's to spot me as well.  I felt my hand vibrate as Alfred was trying to contact me. I pressed on the projector installed on my wrist and held my arm out. The image blurred for a few seconds before establishing a strong connection. 

"Master Bruce." I heard his voice come through my ear piece.

"Yes Alfred, has something happened?!" I asked.

"No sir, but would you like to share with me what exactly it is that you're planning on doing?" He asked.

"I'm at the League of Assassin's base in Tibet. I need some of the enzymes in Ra's' body." I answered.

"Yes of course, and how are you planning on dealing with the distractions ?" He added.

"What distractions?" I replied.

"Oh you can't have forgotten about her so quickly Master Wayne. Ra's Al Ghul's daughter, sir." I was sure he was going to bring her up.

"Why would she be a distraction, Alfred? You know I don't care about her." I snapped.

"Yes of course sir, just as much as you don't care about Ms. Striker I presume ?" He said and I cut off the connection between us.

I finally reached the door within a large totem pole as I slid down and landed into their base. I started walking forward, scanning the area. This was odd. Usually I would've been bombarded by 12 assassins by now. I looked to my left and that's when the smoke bombs were dropped. Yup, spoke too soon. The smoke cleared and 2 female assassins were charging at me with another 3 surrounding my back. These are her trainees. Talia must be here. I took down the two women attacking me then turned to the one charging from behind me and broke her elbow before putting her to sleep. The two remaining assassins were about to charge me when a voice came from the darkness behind them.

"Rōka! Uhām̐lē ēka vinā adhikāra ghusnē vyakti chaina usalā'ī chōḍa. " Talia appeared from the shadows.

The assassins seemed hesitant at first and remained were they stood before Talia went closer to them.

" Yō ṭhīka mahilāharu cha, tapā'īṅkō pōṣṭa pharkanuhōs. " She said with a softer tone.

The two assassins then gave her a small bow, nodded, and marched away. I turned to her as they disappeared at the end of the tunnel and she was already looking at me.

"Bruce.." She spoke.

"Talia." I greeted her back.

"I see you have come to your senses. Do you finally wish to complete the demon trials?" She asked.

"I'm here to see your father." I replied.

"Yes Bruce, and he won't see you unless you've completed the trials." She said sternly.

"I know." I said as she held my gaze for a moment before leading me to where her father was.

*Joker's P.O.V*

  Ever since I pulled her off the rail she's isolated herself in her usual place in my office. She was glancing at me every now and then. I could see her through the side of my eye. Most of the time I spend here isn't spent planning as I have easily seemed to convinced her. I usually stay here to watch her. I was angry at her and.. him. I let my anger get in the way and now I don't have any words for her. I hate the tug she has on my heart and how weak she makes me. I hate watching what my selfishness has done to her. I finally turned my head to fully glance at her and she was looking at me. It wasn't a hateful look though. It was soft, like she was tired of fighting. She just wanted to give in. She held my age for a few seconds before looking down at her hands.

"Why won't you let me up on the rails?" She asked quietly.

"Since when were you an adrenaline junkie?!" I retorted

"I feel trapped in here, it gets a little hard to breath sometimes.." She fidgets with her nails.

"I'll try and get 'em to unhinge the windows for ya." I rolled my eyes.

"There's nothing to do all day! It's dark and depressing in here! You can't just leave me here to stare at the walls all day!" She replied.

"Well what gives you the right to be stressed out huh?! Why do you get to be mad and depressed?! You're not the one with poison in your veins! You're not the one dying." I spat back.

"Not when your thoughts are suffocating you! Not when watching you like this is already killing me!" She raised her voice and I went silent.

"The rush..it clears my head for a bit." She then added with a lower tone as she bit her lips.

---------------------------------

Hi guys!!

Alright! 2 chapters to go!!

I just wanna repeat this very briefly since some of you haven't caught it the first time around.

I have decided on a trilogy so bear in mind that there will be a third book and that whatever happens 2 chapters from now is not the end.

In fact, the third book is only the beginning ;)

Anyway! 

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! It was kind of a filler but all the action is yet to come.

Don't forget to share your thoughts with me in the comments and vote.

I hope you're all having a great day!

Much love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454 27 20
*second book in Batman series* It has been nine months since Dick Grayson's death. Bruce and Barbara have continued to live together as partners and...
392 15 19
After being released from Arkham, all Harley wants to do is start over--- rebuild her life. But will that be allowed to happen in Gotham with the sha...
152K 2.6K 19
Your a new villain in Gotham City that Batman has to deal with. You pull off heists and steal valuables from banks, but you mostly like to steal from...
204K 2K 14
You're a villain of Batman hiding out from the police in Ace Chemicals. You soon meet a woman in a jester costume. She seems pretty cute. What'll hap...