Dome → Isaac Lahey

By pocpolaroid

After the fatal car crash that took the lives of their parents, Carmen Taylor and her brother, Piers, move to... More

PART ONE: AMBER
AMBER : character visuals
0.1 : prelude
0.2 : funeral
0.3 : amber
0.4 : pack
0.5 : rink
0.6 : plan
0.7 : truth
0.8 : barricade
1.0 : good side
1.1 : rave
1.2 : full moon
1.3 : hostage
1.4 : new
1.5 : room
1.6 : end
1.7 : symbol
PART TWO : BLUE
BLUE : character visuals
1.8 : alphas
1.9 : memory
2.0 : bathwater
2.1 : vault
2.2 : boiler
2.3 : sides
AUTHOR'S NOTE
2.4 : stake
2.5 : bus
2.6 : motel california
2.7 : boyd
2.8 : family
2.9 : philosophers
3.0 : recital
3.1 : surveillance
3.2 : beginning
3.3 : hallucinations
3.4 : offer
3.5 : barrow
3.6 : expendable
3.7 : blue
3.8 : oni
3.9 : box
4.0 : knife
4.1 : taken
4.2 : riddles
4.3 : self
4.4 : bombs
4.6 : eichen
4.7 : trepanation
4.8 : certificate
4.9 : reunited
5.0 : piers
5.1 : kin
5.2 : carmen
5.3 : obituaries
5.4 : sprout
PART THREE: HELL AND BACK
HELL AND BACK : character visuals
5.5 : fantasy
5.6 : test
5.7 : reconciliation
5.8 : confessions
5.9 : breach
6.0 : gala
6.1 : vision
6.2 : company
6.3 : lahey
6.4 : real
6.5 : return
6.6 : casey
6.7 : human
6.8 : safe
6.9 : graduation
7.0 : EPILOGUE
extras.
author's note.

0.9 : queen's

36.6K 1.3K 2.3K
By pocpolaroid

I walk into the house, shutting the door behind me. This was one of the only nights lately that I actually got home at a reasonable hour. I kick my shoes  off and sigh, stretching my limbs. Tonight was insanely intense, and I just needed to sleep for about 300 years.

The house was completely silent and the lights were off, leading me to believe that Piers was either asleep or out. I sigh and sit down on my couch, grabbing the remote for the T.V. The creaking of stairs stops me and I look to my left, watching as Piers steps closer to me. His eyes looked tired, his beard growing in. He had a neutral expression on his face as he swiped the remote from my hands, turning the T.V. off and facing me again.

"What was that for?" I sit up with furrowed brows.

"We need to talk." He says, his voice raspy. "Your teacher called and told me that you've been acting up in class."

"Which teacher?" I question. Though I didn't like any of my teachers, I barely ever acted out towards any of them..

"Harris."

My eyes roll to the back of my skull and I lean back on the couch. "I swear, that man is out to get me. I didn't do anything, okay?"

"That's not what he told me." He crosses his arms. "What's been going on with you lately? Why are you being so rebellious?"

"I'm not!" I squeak out, "I swear I'm not!"

"Do you think mom and dad would be proud of you right now?" He barks. My eyes go wide and my heart begins to race, my jaw clenching and releasing sporadically.

"Don't." I growl, and he shakes his head.

"I have to. I have to get you to understand somehow!" He yells, making me cower away from him. "They're dead, okay?! All you have is me, so why don't you listen to me! I'm trying to help you!"

"Stop it!" I scream at his getting up. He takes a step towards me.

"I lost them too, okay? I know what you're going through!" He yells back, and I shake my head rapidly, tears quickly forming in my eyes.

"You don't know ANYTHING!" I scream at the top of my lungs, the tears spilling over. "ABOUT ME, ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON IN MY LIFE! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL, SO JUST STOP! STOP TRYING TO BE MY PARENT!"

I'm unable to register what happens next in time, but when I open my eyes, I'm on the ground. A small sting radiates from my cheek and I bring my hand up to it, soothing the red spot. From where he slapped me. If I wasn't a haltija, that slap could have very well knocked me out from the power behind it.

It took all of my strength to not turn there, but before I even had the chance, I was already up the stairs. I run into my room and lock the door behind me, sliding down it and burying my head in my hands. I heave, my body shaking as I let out an ugly sob. With trembling hands, I grab my phone, immediately dialing Isaac. I couldn't do this alone- Not tonight, and he was the only one I trusted enough to help me.

"What's up?" His sweet voice comes through, instantly soothing something within me.

"I-Isaac," I choke out a sob, taking a deep breath, "Please," I can't get my sentence out, but he realizes that something is wrong, causing a commotion on the other end.

"Carmen? Whats wrong?" He rushes. I hear a door open and before I can even answer, he interrupts me. "I'm coming over right now, I'm coming."

I hang up and chuck my phone across the room, sulking in my misery for a few more minutes before I hear my window slide open. I look up to see Isaac face-plant on the floor of my room, disregarding his embarrassing fall and scurrying over to me. My face is red and stained with tears, making him internally break.

He wraps me up in a tight, loving hug, burying his face into my neck. I do the same, breathing in his scent, already beginning to feel myself calm down in his presence. One of his hands subconsciously slides under my shirt, rubbing circles into my skin to ease me. I was still hiccuping, still crying, as he tightens his grip on me.

"I'm here. I won't leave you, I promise, I won't leave you.." 

He turns us around and takes my former spot against the wall, sitting us down. I sat so my legs were on either side of him, my face buried in his chest, crying into his shirt. He placed his hands on my hips, rubbing circles again while whispering sweet promises and hushes.

After a while, my breathing had calmed down, leaving me with a few hiccups every now and then, red eyes, and stained cheeks. I lift my head up from his soaked shirt, looking up at him pathetically. He brings a hand from my waist to my cheek, caressing it gently. And that's when he noticed the lasting hand-print on my face, his blood beginning to boil.

His jaw tightens, as does his grip on my waist. "Did your brother do this?"

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I break eye contact with him and look down at my hands that were trapped between our bodies.

"I'll kill him," Isaac suddenly snaps, standing up and bringing me with him. "I'll fucking kill him!"

His eyes flash yellow and I move to stand in front of the door, blocking it. "Isaac, stop."

He breathes sporadically and stares at me for a few seconds, then calms himself, retracting his claws and turning his eyes back to their ocean-blue color. He huffs, unwraps the jacket from around his waist and tears his wet shirt off, substituting it with the jacket.

"Sorry.." I hesitate, slowly walking towards him.

"Don't worry about it." He breathes, "I'm glad you called me. Now go get your things, we're leaving."

I walk to my closet, pulling out a white jacket and draping it over myself. "Where?"

"I'm taking you out and back to Derek's. I'm not going to let you stay here tonight." Isaac murmurs, grabbing my bookbag for me and slinging it over his shoulder. I slip shoes on quickly and run to the side of my bed to grab my phone, which, miraculously, wasn't even scratched.

I turn around and confusion washes over me. Isaac disappeared. I looked around the room in a panicked state; please tell me he didn't go downstairs. As a last resort, I look out the window, relief washing over me when I see Isaac in the yard below my window, a stupid grin on his face.

"Jump down, I'll catch you." He whispers, motioning for me to come on. I turn off my bedroom light and begin to climb out the window, standing on the side of the house for a second, looking down at the dirty blonde.

"You better catch me, Lahey.."

I release and he catches me with ease, holding me bridal style. "You wouldn't have felt it if you hit the ground, anyways."

I roll my eyes. "That's what you said about being stabbed."

He merely chuckles and escorts me to a car I've never seen before. He opens the passenger door for me and I send him a sad smile in appreciation.

"Who's car is this?" I ask, watching him start it up.

"Used t'be my dad's."

I look down and nod awkwardly, figuring that I shouldn't have asked. We drive in a comfortable silence, both just enjoying the other's company. It was undeniably obvious that I felt something for him at this point. The way the street lights illuminated his perfect face as we drove, the way his dirty blonde hair flew backwards from the slight crack in the window, the way he put on a badass facade but was really just a huge puppy, the fact that he genuinely cared about me.

"Did you ever imagine things would end up like this?" I whisper, but he hears me. Perks of being a werewolf.

"What? You mean becoming a teenage werewolf and chasing giant homicidal lizards through the night?" He chuckles.

I roll my eyes at him, a faint smile resting on my face. "I mean generally. Just.. everything turning into a downward spiral."

He sighs and readjusts his grip on the steering wheel. I notice we were headed towards a shopping center. "My life was already a downward spiral."

I look over to him sadly, but he keeps his eyes focused on the road, like he was avoiding me after the words left his mouth. My hand reaches up and takes his right off the steering wheel, lacing my fingers with his. He gulps noticeably and doesn't return my hand gesture, making me frown. I wiggle my fingers around in a silly manner, making him look at me and roll his eyes, finally lacing his fingers with mine too. Our hands fit perfectly together like a puzzle piece. I smile and loll my head back onto the headrest, watching peacefully as various shops and eateries pass.

He finally pulls into a Dairy Queen and separates our hands to take the key out of the ignition. I get out and we walk in together, him holding the door for me. The bright store is empty besides the few people working behind the counter. Isaac walks up to it and looks to me, pulling out his wallet. "What do you want?"

I look up at the menu, "Uh.. Can I just get vanilla icecream in a waffle cone?"

"Basic." Isaac scoffs jokingly, "Let me get a salted caramel truffel blizzard."

"That'll be $10.56." The lady says, her voice monotone.

Isaac pulls out the money and hands it to her, putting his change in his pocket while the lady went to prepare our orders. I hug myself and look up at Isaac, whom was watching me with an amused, admirable look on his face. I cock my head at him, a smile playing on my lips. "What?"

"What?" He blinks, as if my voice snapped him out of a trance.

"Why were you looking at me like that?"

He just clears his throat and shakes his head, dismissing it. The lady sets our orders down on the counter. We go to take them and exit the small shop, piling back into the car, but he doesn't start it back up yet. Instead, we sit in the parking lot, eating our icecream, engaged in a deep, serious conversation.

"What do you mean batman is better than superman?" I shoot up, getting a bit of icecream on my nose.

"I'm just saying Batman was human and made all that stuff, Superman already had it," Isaac waves his spoon around to get his point across. "It's like cheating."

I lean back and sigh, looking down at my cone. "I wish I was as strong as him."

"Are you kidding me?" Isaac exclaims. "You're the strongest person I know, physically and mentally. I don't know how you do it."

I shake my head, "I only pretend to."

He puts a spoonful of icecream in his mouth and thankfully shuts up, as I didn't want to get too deep into this topic. There was no reason to bother him with my stupid internal conflicts. He reaches over the seat and motions for me to come towards him with his finger. I comply, confused, until he takes his finger and wipes the icecream from my nose.

His hand doesn't move from my face. Instead, his hands glide along my cheek until it's far enough so that his thumb can graze my bottom lip. He stares at me with sparkling eyes, his touch tender. What was going on?

He begins leaning over more, his stomach hitting the gear shift, but he disregards it. I begin to panic as he comes closer and closer. Was this really happening? Was he about to do what I think he was?

He caresses my cheek once more, and then he does it- His lips plant on mine, eyes fluttering shut. It felt so right- His lips on top of mine, moving slow and gently. After the second or so it takes to register what was happening, I kiss him back, moving my hands to join at the back of his neck. He suddenly dives even further, adding more intensity to the kiss, pushing me so that my back almost hit the window. This was really happening.

Isaac comes up for air after a few seconds, resting his lip atop my forehead. His hand was cupping the back of my neck so seemingly lovingly, as if if he were to let go, I would fall through his fingers like ash. My eyes flutter shut again as we both catch our breaths. His other hand comes up to lift my chin up, looking into my eyes, which stared up at him in complete and utter admiration.

He lets out a breathy laugh, suddenly feeling more confident. He attacks my throat with a variation of peppered and rough kisses, eliciting giggles and soft moans from me, officially deeming this night the best I've ever had.

Filler, but wholesome.

POST-EDIT: I don't know where the icecream went either lmfao, but I'm not going to edit it back in because it's funny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
952K 30K 37
CAN I TRUST YOU? "Are you sure you're okay? I called, like, twice." "Yeah, I guess I was just off in my own little world." ••• Katherine Stilinski wa...
1.4M 34.7K 47
❝The devil doesn't come in a red cape and horns. He comes as everything you have ever wanted.❞ Thrust into the world of the supernatural, Arden Caraw...
63.5K 1.1K 40
the pack thought they had faced it all, but what happens when people start going missing?