That's Another Story For Later

By arilioness

*This is a Hobbit fanfiction* Iridian is a girl who was orphaned, living with a dwarf. One day, Thorin comes... More

An Adventure?
Twinkle
Moon
Brilliant
Misty Mountains
Wagers
Duel
Reflections
Little Sparrow
Imagination? Or Memory?
An Accident?
Always
Once Like a Brown Owl
Parasites
Not Again
Intoxicating
Imraldis
Diplomat
One of Your Kind
I'm Sorry
Hurt
Revelation
Seeing Double
Naithith
Arrow
Coward?
Come Back To Me
Face to Face
Paralysis
Safe?
Vision or Nightmare
Down Down Down in Goblin Town
The Great Goblin Chase
Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire
Running; It Wasn't in the Contract
Spoons
Negotiations
Stay Behind
Lost... Or Am I?
Why Is It Always Spiders?
The Truth Comes Out
Echiuo
Broken
Promise? Promise.
Stars
Reckless
Lippy Lakeman
Lucky Dwarves... As If
Stuck
Cornered
Erebor Look At Me Now
Man in the Moon
Choices
Hope
That, My Boy, Is a Dragon
Firestorm
Lost and Found
Infinity
The Lonely Mountain
Madness
Searching For the Found
Recurring
Forges
To Arms
To The End
Confrontation
Where Are You Now?
Cheapest Life
One Last Time
This is War
To Save the Durin's
Casualties
Reminiscing
Victory?
Dain Ironfoot
Diplomat
Tomorrow
PTSD
Iron Will
Too Close
Goodbye
Threshold
Return
Training and the In-Laws
Coronation
I Do
Dance of the Soul
Epilogue

The Master and the Weasel

1.1K 36 4
By arilioness

*Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update. I'm almost done writing the third part, and so I was trying to finish it! Thanks for reading. Please share, vote, comment, and continue reading! Thanks! Ciao!*

"I wasn't asking permission."

I used my momentum to push him out the way. He stumbled away, and the rest of us pushed out the door. I looked back to see Bain holding shock. I looked at the girls, apology in my eyes. I felt kind of bad, but I had to. Night had descended, and we snuck toward the armory. We evaded the watchmen by hiding behind boat.

Kili limped along at a slower pace, and it broke my heart to see him like that. "Shh! Keep it down." Dwalin hissed. The others had been whispering, and the sheer number of whispers carried through the empty town.

"As soon as we have the weapons, we make straight for the mountain. Go, go, go!" Thorin pointed to Nori, who got a running start, running up a pyramid of dwarves. They had pressed themselves to the wall of the armory. He got high enough he dove through the second floor window. "Next." Thorin pointed to Bilbo, who did the same in a less graceful manner.

He looked to me, and I ran up the group, rolling into the window. Fili and Kili followed. Kili was panting heavily after the task. I walked over, meeting his eyes. "We'll get it looked at more professionally soon. I promise." I brushed against his stubble, and we started collecting the weapons. I watched as he struggled against the load of several weapons. Thorin dropped another onto the pile. I started bristling.

"You alright?" Thorin met his nephew's eyes, remembering my conversation with him. He did seem to care, but I think he was trying to give Kili more oppurtunities to be strong.

"I can manage. Let's just get out of here." I had my own weapons in my arms, and I wished I could have taken those weapons from him. Thorin looked to Kili, laying another sword on the pile. Kili started walking down the stairs. I prayed he would be okay. Thorin dropped a sword onto my pile. Suddenly, I heard a cry, and a body falling.

"Kili!" I called, dropping my own weapons. The weapons all made a clunking noise, and everyone looked around warily. Watchmen cried out and running footsteps made their way toward us.

"Run!" I heard Dori call. I heard weapons being picked up, and watched as they grabbed the dropped weapons. Several guards stormed passed us, and held pikes at their throats. I couldn't protect them all, there were to many. The main guard, marked by a different uniform, stopped at us, pointing a dagger at me. I knelt next to Kili, who looked dejectedly and guiltily at his uncle. I pulled out my own dagger at the man.

"Don't you touch him." I said lowly, and the guard approached me. He laughed in a snide tone.

"What's a girl doing with a dagger? Give it here, before you hurt someone." He taunted unknowingly. I growled, and sheathed it, pulling out my dual swords.

"I can use these. As I said. Do not touch him." His eyes widened. He called in some code, and three pairs of footsteps came forward. They surrounded me, taking my swords and searching me roughly.

"Iridian!" Kili struggled to get up, trying to shove past the guards as they took my weapons. I fought against their holds. Another hoisted Kili up. I kicked the guard's knee. "Iridian!" Two more guards grabbed my arms roughly, yanking me away. My scratches twisted painfully, but that didn't stop me. I struggled like a caged animal, but they gripped so hard my arms bruised. One kicked my back, and I let them walk us to where they were taking us.

They took us, kicking and screaming to the center of town. Townspeople followed us as we made our way to a grand house, curiosity peaking as our loud group passed their houses. It was the Master's. Alfrid poked his head out, seeing what the commotion was. He saw us headed toward him. Snow started to fall, clinging to my hair, cloak, and eyelashes. "Get off me!" Dwalin shouted. Alfrid closed the door, presumably to get the Master.

The man who held the knife at Kili and I arranged us before the doors surrounded by guards. The guards opened the door, and the Master stormed out, putting his coat on. "What is the meaning of this?"

"We caught 'em stealing weapons, sire." The captain of the guard said, holding all of mine as well.

"Ah. Enemies of the state, then." The Master mused.

"This is a bunch of mercenaries if ever there was, sire." Alfrid added, sneering down at me. "I've never heard of a girl mercenary, though."

"Shut up, you weasel! I could kick your ass any day!" I shouted, trying to get free of the guards. The cuts on my arms burned, and I let my struggle go a little.

"What an unruly bunch." Alfrid looked on at me in amusement, and a little bit of lust. Fear passed through me, and I shrunk back toward Kili.

"Hold your tongue! You do now know to whom you speak. This is no common criminal; this is Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror!" Dwalin said proudly. He gestured to our leader, who stepped forward. A murmur of amazement passed through.

"We are the dwarves of Erebor." The crowd whispered in something close to shock, recognition passing through. I watched as people craned their heads to see. "We have come to reclaim our homeland. I remember this town and the great days of old. Fleets of boats lay at harbor, filled with silks and fine gems. This was no forsaken town on a lake! This was the center of all trade in the North!" Thorin spoke with such earnest, and the crowd began to agree. I looked back to Alfrid, who looked unamused, until he met my eyes, and they stared hungrily. Why is it always the ugly brutes?

"I would see those days return. I would relight the great forges of the dwarves and send wealth and riches flowing once more from the halls of Erebor!" The people cheered and clapped and I stood proud at the words of Thorin. He sure knew how to work a crowd. A voice shattered the cheers.

"Death! That is what you will bring upon us." Bard strode into the inner circle, shoving my guards off of me. I shot him a rueful, but thankful look. "If you awaken that beast, you will destroy us all." He said gravely. The people started whispering anxiously. Gullible crowd, for they switches sides very quickly.

"You can listen to his naysayer, but I promise you this; If we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain. You will have enough gold to rebuild Esgaroth ten times over!" He spread his hands, his voice rising. He sounded like a true leader. The people shouted in excitement at his words, applauding loudly. The Master looked on, smiling and nodding. Greedy bastard. He just needs popularity after what's happening.

"All of you! Listen to me! You must listen! Have you forgotten what happened to Dale?!" Bard interrupted. The crowd quieted down and shook their heads. "Have you forgotten those who died in the firestorm?!" As much as I hated to say it, Bard knew how to run a crowd. He would've made a decent leader, as much annoyance I felt. The people responded, shouting "no." "And for what purpose! The blind ambition of a mountain-king so riven by greed, he couldn't see beyond his own desire!"

Bard and Thorin began to have an intense stare off. They were seething at the edges. The crowd grew more angry. That Master stepped forth, and they silenced. "Now, now, we must not, any of us, be too quick to lay blame. Let us not forget that it was Girion, Lord of Dale, your ancestor, who failed to kill the beast!" The Master pointed to Bard accusingly. The crowd was clamoring. Bard looked away from Thorin, who looked at the Lakeman with shock, and anger. How interesting... the bargeman was an heir to a town, Dale no less.

"It's true, sire. We all know the story: Arrow after arrow he shot, each one missing its mark." The crowd started to yell angrily at Bard. I was seething in rage. Bard didn't deserve that. He was an advocate of the people, and yet here they were, turning on him. 

"Bard is the one to stand up for you people!" I started. The Master and Alfrid fixed their gaze on me. "While his ancestor didn't kill Smaug, he at least did something instead of being cowardly. You, Master of Laketown, are just afraid of what's going to happen." The crowd hushed, watching events unfold. "You're a greedy man, taking advantage of these people. You suppress their talk of change, just because you know you can't handle if they rebel!" I shouted.

The Master started forward, Alfrid to his right. "And what gives you the right to go spouting insanity like that? What evidence do you have?" He sneered, getting close to my face. I backed off, his breath reeked.

"Maybe I have seen things, and heard things that no one in this town knows." I murmured lowly, dangerously. His eyes widened. "Out with the old, in with the new." I sang softly. A sharp crack met my face. My head snapped with other way, and then I felt the stinging pain. The cold of the weather made it hurt more. I cried out, dropping to my knees.

"See? Bard only creates troublemakers! This is all his fault!" The Master recovered. He hoisted me up by the throat. "We're not done." He growled, shoving me back. I coughed, before glaring daggers at the fat, greedy, man. He muttered something to the captain, who took my weapons inside the building.

"You have no right," He shook his head, staring at Thorin with pleading eyes. "No right to enter that mountain!" Bard said earnestly. I turned to him, and nodded in thanks.

"I have the only right." Thorin growled. "I speak to the Master of the men of the Lake. Will you see the prophecy fulfilled? Will you share in the great wealth of our people?" The crowd quietly in anticipation. "What say you?" Thorin said, turning to the Master. He thought for several seconds. He looked to me.

"Is she in your company?" He demanded. Alfrid's eyes lit up in something close to hunger.

"She is." Thorin answered immediately, moving in front of me fractionally protectively. The Master continued to think.

"We don't know your character. Can anyone vouch for you?" Alfrid sneered.

Bilbo and I stepped forward. "I do." We said at the same time. 

"I have travelled far and wide with these dwarves through great danger, and if Thorin Oakenshield gives his word, he keeps it."  The Master continued to think once again. He suddenly smiled, and pointed his finger at Thorin.

"I say unto you... welcome! Welcome and thrice welcome, King under the Mountain!" The Master opened his arms in welcome, and the crowd erupted in cheeers. I turned to see Bard looking in silence and dismay. Thorin climbed a few stairs to face the audience. The crowd started to hug in excitement. Thorin and Bard continued their stare off. A small pained groan sounded behind me.

I turned to see Kili, leaning against Fili. I rushed over helping support him. Thorin looked over, his expression grim. Kili shoved us off, standing tall. I sighed, locking eyes with the king. He turned away, and we started up the stairs. "Not so fast, girly." Alfrid jeered. I motioned for the boys to continue. I sighed, my shoulders tensing. I faced the greasy haired man.

"What is it you want?" I said in annoyance. He leered at me, his eyes glinting the the wrong way. I took a step back, up a stair. I was his height from the stair.

"Well, it's not just me. The Master would like to see you." He grabbed my wrist, dragging me off in the opposite direction as the commotion. He gripped my left wrist, and I felt the new scabs breaking again. Alfrid opened a door, and shoved me inside, following. I pulled down my sleeve, trying to soak up the blood. "I brought her as requested, Master." The fat man came up close. I reeled back from his breath.

"How is it you knew about our conversation?" He asked. I kept my mouth shut, my eyes narrowed. "How is it you knew?" I remained stony. "Answer." He growled.

"I could make her talk." Alfrid said suggestively. I rolled my eyes. A hand connected with my cheek, and I stumbled back. I turned back to the Master.

"You don't look like a dwarf..." The Master said instead.

"Maybe it's because I'm not entirely dwarf." I answered, clenching my fists. "I'm mostly elf. ¾ to be exact. But I'm ⅛ dwarf, as well as ⅛ human." I elaborated.

"That doesn't change the fact you somehow knew about our conversation." My mouth quirked in a dangerous smile, and it never reached my eyes. They backed away half a pace. "Now, as Master of Laketown, I order you to tell me, or there'll be dire consequences." His voice wavered ever to slightly, as I was not afraid. I scoffed, my ominous smile widening. He almost looked intimidated, his eyes nervous.

"You're not who I pledge my loyalty to, though I don't see how anyone could do that with a pig like you. Therefore, those 'dire consequences' are just empty threats. As for how I knew... Now that's another story for later." I said slyly. The Master's hand shot out at my throat. I gasped, and his hand closed further on my throat. Not again. "I'll never tell you. But I can tell the town what you thought about them." He released my throat, and I gulped in air. Now, the Master grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer. I felt my throat start bruising.

"You wouldn't dare. I have your weapons. You can't protect yourself."

"I can have Thorin bargain them back. Besides, I don't need them to take care of myself." I stomped on his foot. He yowled in pain, clutching it. I looked around and saw my weapons in the corner. I darted for them, when Alfrid grabbed my wrists, yanking them back painfully. I yelped. The Master came forward, slapping me again. I flinched.

"I've had enough of you. Get her out of my sight." The Master ordered. I stomped on Alfrid's foot, and grabbed my weapons. I donned them in seconds, and they made their way toward me. I pulled out my dual blades.

"Not so fast." I sang dangerously. The swords glinted, and they stopped, staring at them. "I need bandages and medical supplies. Get them. Now." I ordered. Alfrid complied. "Now, take me to the others." Again, Alfrid moved forward. I didn't want him to escort me, but I had no room to argue. As I walked out, the Master called after me.

"We're not finished still. Mark my words." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943 31 22
Kíli x reader/oc (will write a Fíli x reader/oc POV soon) Summary: Magic was real, but it came at a price. So when two girls ended up in the one plac...
69.8K 1.6K 52
Talia Rue Ashenstone had known Thorin Oakenshield all of her life. From running around the halls of Erebor in their youth to running into battle, the...
30.7K 1.3K 23
In these stories you can read about Fili and Kili, not only when they're young, but also growing up. They're all one shots, but some may refer back t...
74.5K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...