The odds against us • a Scott...

By teenwolf_stydia

Allison Argent was the new girl in school. She was a bit of a geek, quiet and only had one friend, Lydia Mart... More

1 • Welcome to Beacon Hills High
2 • Regret
3 • Secrets
4 • Firsts
5 • The fight
6 • Falling for you
7 • The Notebook
8 • Who knew?
10 • Two hearts
11 • Calm Before the Storm
12 • Catch me
13 • Dreams
14 • Don't look back
15 • Understanding
16 • Tension
17 • First appointment
18 • It's a...
19 • Panic
20 • I love you
21 • Black out
22 • Forgiveness
23 • The miracle of life
24 • Boy's trip
25 • Welcome home
26 • Reaction
27 • Voicemail
28 • Without you
29 • Mondays
30 • The Zoo
31 • Birthday party
32 • Invitation
33 • Surprise gone wrong
34 • Go
35 • Anything
36 • Love again
37 • Proposal
38 • Surprise dinner
39 • Wedding
40 • Dance the Night Away
41 • Epilogue

9 • Just trust me

1.7K 32 15
By teenwolf_stydia

Allison's pov:

It's been about a week since the break up and my days have been focused on avoiding Scott. It's like he's everywhere at all times- physically and in my mind. I think of him in class, I think of him while driving, I think of him every time I hear a song he likes. Basically, he is on my mind every second of every day. He's tried to talk to me, but I ignore him and walk away. Not to hurt him, but because I know I'll go running back to him if he asks me to. He was my weakness and I didn't like it. I had always been strong and independent- it was my best quality, but Scott changed who I am. Not because he meant to, but because I fell for him.

Lydia and I had conversations about my feelings almost everyday, and by this point, I was repeating myself and probably annoying her, but she insisted it was fine.

"In French, they don't say I miss you. They say 'tu me manques' which translates to 'you are missing from me' in English. That's the only way to simply describe how I feel. Letting him go was like losing something I can't live without- my heart, I guess." I mumble.

"Oh, Ali. I know this is hard, but you're strong and I know you can do it." Lydia says, wrapping me into a hug.

"Thanks, Lyds." I whisper into her shoulder.

"Oh no. Determined Scott McCall at 5 o'clock." Lydia whispers, releasing me from her embrace.

I sigh, about to make a run for it, but it's too late. Scott is already so close I can see his shadow on the ground.

"Allison. Please, talk to me." He begs.

Lydia looks at me, as if to ask if it's okay for her to leave and I nod. She saunters off and I turn to Scott.

"Look, Scott. I don't want to talk. I'm sorry." I mutter, taking a step towards my car.

"You don't have to. Just listen. Please. I'll do anything- anything."

"Fine, hurry." I snip, wanting to be out of this awkward situation and on my couch, reading a good book. As he begins to talk, I stare at the ground, knowing that if I look into his eyes, I'll fall in love all over again.

"I know we're different, but that's what I love about us. You teach me something new everyday and I want to be better for you. I've never felt this way before and I can't lose you. Do you understand? I cannot lose you. I won't let you walk away because you're scared it won't last forever."

"Scott, please stop. I can't do this." I whisper, tears filling my eyes. I could tell he was about to say something, but he noticed my tears and stayed quiet. Before he could comfort me, I ran to my car and sunk into the driver's seat as my cries turned into sobs. Why was this happening? Why did I have to be paired with him for that stupid project? If we hadn't been, maybe I'd have a somewhat normal life right now, drooling over him every time he walks by. Scott McCall had caused me to be a love struck teenager- something I never wished to be.

~a week later~

I sit at the desk in my bedroom, listening to sad songs while sketching my newest project; a drawing of two people, kissing in the rain on the streets of Paris with the words "nothing lasts forever" above them. Sketching was a talent of mine, I had often been told that I had a gift that I shouldn't let go to waste. People wondered how I had so many ideas, but truth was, they all came from my feelings. This one was about Scott and I. I sigh as I watch multiple drops of rain land on my window and the song I'm listening to fades to an end and the new one begins. I pause my music as I think I hear the doorbell. A few moments pass and the doorbell rings again. I groan and rip my ear buds out, tossing them on the desk along with my phone. I sprint into the hallway and down the steps, standing in front of the door in seconds. I swing the door open, expecting to see a salesperson on the door step, but it's not. It's Scott.

"Scott, what are you doing?" I ask, staring at the drenched and shaking boy. He has his hands behind his back and seems to be hiding something.

"Is anyone home? Besides you."

"No... Uh- do you want to come in?"

"Sure." He steps in the house, hands still behind his back.

"I have to go get something from the car. Can you go upstairs for a few minutes? I'll call you down when I'm ready." He explains.

"Scott-"

"Just trust me."

I nod hesitantly and rush back up the stairs and into my room once again. I had no idea what was going on.

A few minutes of texting Lydia to update her pass and Scott calls me down.

"Gotta go. Scott's calling me now. Text you later." I type quickly before heading back downstairs.

I walk into the living room which is dark and lit with probably a dozen candles. Scott sits on the couch with a guitar in hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Just trust me." He smiles.

Author's note:

I'm sorry this isn't my best work, but I wanted to update for you guys. Hope you're all enjoying! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 79.5K 54
BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] ✧ Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too willingly the night before their first day...
402K 8.2K 20
"You are not a monster. Not to me." After the recent death of Allison Argent, Aspen Martin's world fell apart. Her sister, Lydia, was depressed, Asp...
14.9K 647 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
172K 3.2K 23
What would happen if Lydia had a sister? Taylor Martin is the twin sister to the one and only, Lydia Martin. While Taylor thinks this year is goin...