A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

17: Creator Of The Vase

315 9 3
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V:

Sam lays in bed. Eyes closed, breathing steady. Her hair laying perfectly symmetrical, thanks to my efforts. She seemed so delicate and peaceful. I placed on my hands on her stomach, feeling the bandages that patched up her body.

This feeling of guilt keeps following me around. If only I had of shot the witch before she attacked me. Maybe then Sam wouldn't of had to sacrifice herself to save me. She'll be alright, she's alive at least. But she's not awake.

I gripped one of her hands and rub my thumb over her fingers. This is what I've been doing for the past two weeks. Everyday I'd come here to see her, and everyday I'd do nothing but sit beside her.

Connor walks past the clinic, then walks backwards seeing me beside his partner. 

"kid, classes have started," he says coming up to my side. He takes a chair from the corner and sits it next to me. "In fact, you haven't attended classes since the incident."

I clenched my fist that wasn't holding Sam's hand. "Yeah... I'm just... A little worried." I confessed.

"She'll be fine, Kid. You heard your father. She'll make a full recovery."

"Yeah... It's just that... I feel so guilty..."

"Pfft, there's no reason to be guilty!" Connor laughed. "She did it of her own free will. She knew the position she'd put herself in. There's no reason for you to dwell on it."

Connor's words sunk in deep, but I can't get over it. You can't just, push aside feelings. If it was that simple, I probably would have don it a long time ago.

"Come on, Kid, smile. Come to class with me!" 

Connor jumped up from his seat and instantly lifted me to my feet. He linked arms with me and began pulling me out of the clinic away from Sam! What is he doing?! No, I can't leave her side! What if she wakes up? I have to be there when she awakes!

I struggle and fight Connors small, but incredibly strong, arms to be free, but he holds me in place and continues to drag me down the hall to class Crescent Moon.

"We're here!" Connor sang into the class, causing various eyes to scan over us. I felt uneasy, but I guess Connor was right. It is about time I attended some classes. I'm sure my Dad would appreciate it.

I grumble and make my way to a spare seat between Patty and Liz.

"Kid! You finally came to class!" Patty squealed in delight. I sent her a small exhausted smile and rested my head in my hands. Liz doesn't say anything. She seems to be staring into space, zoning out. I wonder what she's thinking about.

"Kid, you finally showed up." Black*Star greets sitting below us. "Man, you look awful!"

"Thanks for that, Black*Star," I respond sarcastically.

"No, really dude. You don't look cool at all. Did something happen?" Soul inquires, sitting down with Maka, also below us. I gave them all confused glances, and then Liz silently pulls out a handheld mirror, passing it to me.

Looking into it, I almost don't recognise myself. The only thing that makes me know it's me is the three white lines! CURSE THEM!

My hair is all over the place, messily done, not at all symmetrical! I have to fix this immediately! Oh who am I kidding?! It'll never be perfectly symmetrical with those lines. Although... I can't stand for it to be uneven.

"Liz." I hold out a hand and she places a comb inside the palm. She's like a hand bag that has everything I need.

A few strokes there, press down here, done. Perfectly even, but it doesn't make my eyes any less red.

"Have you gotten any sleep?" Tsubaki asks worriedly. I sighed rubbing my eyes a little.

"I have, but not much. This is worse than the time my vase broke." I mumbled.

"Those two vases in your room?" Maka asks.

"Yeah, they're the ones."

"Where'd you get them anyway? I've never seen anything like them before. The shape, colour and pattern is way cool." Soul says with a grin. They all look to me in anticipation. Even Liz who was previously in another world has tuned back in to hear this story.

I contemplate whether or not I should tell them. They're my friends and I trust them all, but it was so long ago, and it's been years since I've spoken about her. Maybe it's time I told somebody. It can't be that bad now anyway. After all, it's been years.

"I got them from a childhood friend of mine five years ago. Her and I were best friends and shared my love for symmetry. You could say her and I had a more than friend connection."

"Wait! Kid had a love interest?!" Black*Star gasps widening his eyes. Few heads turn around and Maka instantly scolds him.

"Shut up Black*Star! I want to hear more!" Maka growls. "How'd she get them?" She asks me in a calm manner.

"She hand crafted them herself. Since she knew symmetry is beauty, she made two of them to suit my room, painted them the same design, same colours. Except on one of them, she carved the word 'forever' on it. As a promise that she'd return to me no matter what would happen. But... She moved away to Germany the day after we confessed to each other. That's what my Father told me. We never got to say goodbye. So we were never able to make anything official." 

I smile sadly as the memories come flooding in. The smile, her golden hair that never seemed to be out of place. her chocolate orbs that both had the same sparkles of excitement everyday. Her outfit was always perfectly symmetrical, and asymmetrical garbage bothered her as much as it bothered me. She looked like how Sam did when I first met her. Of course, Sam removed a few things and has committed her life to making mine an absolute hell for symmetry. Though now, I'm beginning to miss fixing up everything in my house. I miss waking up finding that my alarm was set at seven instead of eight. It's really annoying and kills me inside, but at least I knew then that she was alright. Now, she's in a deep sleep, and when she'll wake, no one knows. 

I sigh and rest my head on the desk. The wooden top not at all ideal with the rough surface and the uncomfortable bumps from how uneven it is. Ugh, how annoying. A pillow would be preferred. 

"What's her name?" Patty asked with wide eyes. The sisters knew about the girl I was talking about, but the name I haven't mentioned to anyone. 

"Hannah. Hannah Denise. Quite a pretty young girl. Incredibly intelligent. Nothing like Sam..."

No, because Sam is adorable, beautiful, mysterious, unusual, unique, has an attitude that is to be frowned upon but without it, it wouldn't be Samantha Aileen.

Gahh!! What am I talking about?! No! Stop thinking nonsense!

"Do you still love Hannah, Kid?" Maka asks me. She leans forward almost as if she's dying to know the answer. I frown slightly and sigh looking up at the ceiling while leaning back in my seat.

"Well, you always feel something for your first love, right?"

Sam's P.O.V:

Darkness. A pitch black void that takes you places you never thought you'd go. An endless spiral of nothingness accompanied by the thought of being swallowed into an alternate dimension. 

Darkness is everywhere I go. Left. Right. Forwards and backwards. It feels like I'm walking through a tunnel that seems to go on forever, and then I think I see an exit, but the closer I get to it it disappears into the pitch black void and I'm left to dwell in the shadows once again.

Where am I? Am I dead? Lets see... the last thing I remember was saving the spoilt little reaper, and then coming to a place like this. That means I am dead, right?

I feel my chest touching the smooth stomach, feeling nothing that resembles a scar or the remains of the wounds. it's not there... so I must be dead.

Even though I know nothing will turn up, I decide to roam the dark wasteland searching for anything. Anything that might give me something to do. There's no Connor, no annoying brats, just me on my lonesome. Yep, just me. All by myself. No one to keep me company. Juts me, myself and I.

Now that i think about it, that doesn't sound to pleasing. I want out! 

Just keep walking, Sam. Keep walking. Remember, when in the dark no one can find you, and when no one can find you, no one can hurt you. Argh! But don't I want someone to find me?!

The blackness of this... World I guess I could say... began seeming a little lighter. There was some form of light. It wasn't just an endless road to nothing, it felt like there was something here. It felt sort of familiar in a way. I feel like I've been wandering around here before. It feels... comforting. In the strangest way, my nerves feel at ease with the sense of familiarity shrouding me.

Creepy... yet comforting.

Wait... what's that? Two strong beams of light pierce through the shadows blinding me for a split second. I squint my eyes and place a hand over my eyes to see what it is.

I need to move closer.

What's that thing about not going towards the light? I'm sure in this situation it doesn't matter.

I move towards the light, fearing for my non-existing life that I might die. I noticed, that the closer I got, the lighter my surroundings got. Blackness spreads into a midnight blue, and the sounds of a humming engine fill the air.

Wait... an engine?

At that thought, a car races past me almost knocking me off of my feet.

"Hey!" I growl, "Watch it dickhead!"

I huff and turn away in a march of 'anger'. People and their crazy driving skills, for Death's sake, learn some common sense people! If their is a person on the road, don't run them over!

Road... There wasn't a road before. Several lights charge at me. I shriek and run across an intersection with a herd of vehicles trying to kill me. This is not how I wanted to die.

I manage to scurry off the road in pants and in a daze that I've felt many times in my life. Previous life. Whatever life.

This place is anything but tranquil! Of course, it's Brooklyn after all, so why would it be peaceful?!

Brooklyn? Oh. So that's where I am. I face the city from where I stand. Tall buildings tower over me, and I have the urge to knock one of them down and see the domino effect, but that could lead to injuring poor souls, and harming the weak is not something I like to do.

What I need to find out is why I'm here. Why am I suddenly back?

Why am I in Brooklyn, again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 9.6K 38
10 years after Kid has left you alone, events have occurred. Your mother is moving without you and you make your journey towards the DWMA. You're int...
299K 9.2K 19
Entered in The Soul Eater Watts Awards! Forced to enter the DWMA under your parent's instruction, you're entirely convinced this will be the worst th...
500 30 14
This story is about my Oc: Natsume Okagari, and her wonderful life in the DWMA and her love for the Symmetrical Freak and the Cool and Calm white hai...
385 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...