Let's Play a Game [Editing]

By DjBunny

**Please forgive my mistakes and crappy-ness. I am under-going editing... It may take a while. Thank you for... More

Shout-outs, Notes, Copyrights, and All That Jazz...
| Chapter One : Running Into Alex | ✓
| Chapter Two : Setting Things Straight | ✓
| Chapter Three : The Game is Officially On | ✓
| Chapter Five : Twenty Questions, and Creepy People on the Streets | ✓
| Chapter Six : Nightmares and Nice Jerks? |
| Chapter Seven : Mall, Piercings, and More |
| Chapter Eight : Almost Accidental Kiss, and That Dream |
| Chapter Nine : Serenity's Brother, and Embarrassed Alex |
| Chapter Ten : A Talk and a Fun Trip |
| Chapter Eleven : Pranks, Pranks, Pranks |
| Chapter Twelve : New Girl...and a Party |
| Chapter Thirteen : Cliché Cinderella and Prince Drinks-a-lot |
| Chapter Fourteen : Sleep-over |
| Chapter Fifteen : Answers |
| Chapter Sixteen : Alex With the Jitters |
| Chapter Seventeen : The First Official Date {Alex's POV} |
| Chapter Eighteen : Almost . . . |
| Chapter Nineteen : It's All Too Good To Be True, Isn't It? |
| Chapter Twenty : It's Over . . . |
| Chapter Twenty-One : New Jock in Town |
| Chapter Twenty-Two : I Don't Know What To Think |
| Chapter Twenty-Three : EVERYONE Get Away From Me ! |
| Chapter Twenty-Four : I Want Her Back {Alex's POV} |
| Chapter Twenty-Five : I'm Yours, And You're Mine {Epilogue} |
Author's Note / SEQUEL!!!!
GUIIIEEESSSSSS LOOKKKKKK!!! PLEEAAASSEE!

| Chapter Four : Serenity, JerkBoy, and Questions | ✓

228K 6.5K 2.9K
By DjBunny

This chapter is officially edited. ^-^
--------------

'Ugly faggot...

I hope you die. I pray to God that you do. Oh lord make ugly Seren die. You're just so ugly and such a freakin twig.... Well, here are some ideas to die.

1) Slit your throat

2) Starve yourself worse

3) Play out on the road

4) Drown yourself

5) Try drugs

Love, Amber xoxo'

I gawked at the note, the words running through my brain. The thoughts of hatred towards that blonde, bubble gum lips, Amber, just sent shivers down my back as I smashed the note down and turned around, glaring at her. No wonder I haven't seen Serenity around... No wonder she's so quiet and in the back of everything, so shy and mislead. Amber was so into her conversation that I decided to go over to her and have a little "chat" with that... Idiot.

She didn't notice me stomping over; she also didn't see me when I was right beside her. I was fuming. Her friends looked terrified of me - as they should be. Finally she turned and looked at me, lightly jumping at seeing me.

"Yeah? What do you want?" She asked, scoffing at me.

"What do I want? Hm, what do I want?" I asked while tapping my chin. Suddenly I swiftly pulled my hand up and held my pointer finger in the air as if pointing to a 'light bulb'

"Oh, that's right. I want you to quit being such a douche. Being mean and an idiot isn't going to get you more popular or more friends. In fact, it'll make you lose the ones you already "have". So just shut up now while you’re ahead and leave people alone. Put yourself in their shoes for once. For all you know their life is miserable and you're just making it worse. You don't know a thing. So don't even." I said swiftly as I huffed and walked back over to Serenity. Amber scoffed as did the rest of the girls she was with.

"Hey, Serenity, want to hang out after school?" I asked softly as I smiled at her. She lightly nodded her head as her soft voice flew from her lips.

"Sure," she replied. "Right...a-after or...?"

"Doesn't matter, whenever." I replied.

"O-okay." She said as soon as the bell rang throughout the halls.

"Alright, come find me afterwards then I guess." I said just before we both left for our next class. I went to gym and worked my butt off - gosh was it freaking hard today. I almost died. I almost freaking died!

~-♥-~

After school was over, I stood outside on the steps waiting for Serenity. I never saw her come out so out of curiosity I walked back into the building that was now basically empty. I heard a chorus of voices talking in the distance as I heard a body slap against something and a yelp of pain erupted through the empty halls that were usually busy and loud. I started walking quickly towards the voices, taking a few turns here and there. Finally I came across a sight I wished never to see again.

Serenity was getting beaten by Amber and her little posse. Usually it's the guys ganging up on a nerdy kid, but this time it was girls ganging up on a quiet, sweet, shy, innocent girl. I couldn't take it - it had gone too far. I glared as I stomped over slamming my books down as they made an echo throughout the building. Amber turned around to show a bruised, and slightly bloody Serenity who was crying and holding her hands to her face to try and now shield it.

"Well, well, well! Who do we have hear? A girl who tries to stand up for this faggot, huh?" Amber snickered as I was rapidly losing my patience. The way her smirk spread across her 'pretty' little face just made me want to punch her nose in.

"She's no faggot. You are." I sneered back. I wanted to say something else about her - something horrid - if you know what I mean. But I don't like swearing like that.

I was raised by a family who didn't believe in potty language - a family who was barely getting by with the paychecks they got every week, but tired not to let it show. I was raised by a loving family who I loved dearly. I'd never speak like that unless I was fuming. In which case - I was. But I decided to not let it get to me. This time.

"Ooh! Little stand up girl isn't afraid to say faggot. I wonder what else she has up her sleeve." Amber spat back, cracking her neck both ways as she took a step closer.

Really pushing it. Really pushing it. I thought to myself as I took a step forward, my glare intensifying. She slightly widened her eyes at me before they gained their original size.

"No, I just don't like it. It's bad vocabulary - you should get your potty mouth washed out with some soap by the way." I replied, balling my fists. No way was she getting away with this. Not as long as I'm here.

She pushed me even farther by flicking my shoulder as her bubble gum lips parted and words vibrated from her mouth. "Scardey cat."

I turned her around from her walking away and punched her. I punched her stomach hard, making her breathing hitch and her eyes widen. Then I - finally - punched her nose. It dripped a few drops of red blood but otherwise it was basically fine; except the fact that she was bawling and screaming bloody murder. I rolled my eyes as I helped poor Serenity up.

After we managed to take a few steps, we passed Miss. Cries-a-Lot. I sneered at her as we did.

"Looks like she can give it, but can't take it." I said to Serenity who was sniffling a little. Serenity cracked a small smile as we trudged along and out of the school building with our backpacks - both - on my back.

As we slowly made out way to my house, the crisp cool air stung us and made us shiver - her more so. I shrugged off my jacket and wrapped it around her since she hurt. You could see it in her eyes, the way they stung with agony. The way she walked, she almost limped in pain. The way her face winced lightly. Fall was just around the corner, wishing to take us surprisingly and suddenly. It wished to blow towards us in a swift move and surround us with cold air, chilling us to the bone and making us wear comfy, warm clothing to sooth our needs. Fall wanted to stalk in like a ninja.

We finally came into my neighborhood; random hellos were thrown to me from recognition. As we arrived at my little homely house, she put all her weight on me from being tired and beaten up. We slowly made it up my porch steps and onto my wooden porch that had a gate around it from when I was a baby. We walked up to the door - I took the chilling silver knob of the door and turned it, pushing it in and walking in with Serenity. Soon we made it to the couch and she plopped down, groaning in pain. This is the second time I've seen someone get hurt horribly. I cannot believe the kids at my school... What happened to them?

Suddenly I jumped at a noise coming from around the corner. Then a light voice called out, "Joce, hun, is that you?"

I slightly regained my normal breathing from that slight heart attack my mom just gave me and replied, "Yes, mom. I'm home... With a friend."

"Is it a boy?" She questioned. Both Serenity and I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, no..." I awkwardly answered. "Her name is Serenity, so... I don't really think she's a boy..."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She exclaimed and suddenly came from behind the corner, staring shocked at how Serenity was on the couch.

"Oh my..." She managed to muse out. I lightly nodded to her. Suddenly she disappeared around the corner again. I heard cabinets clambering and slamming closed as she ran back with some nurse equipment - really helps when you have a mom who is a nurse.

She started caring for Serenity, showing some scars here and there, some bruises and some cuts. Nothing too awfully serious though, thank God. Then she placed an ice pack on Serenity's stomach from getting punched there multiple times. She finally walked away to put the things back after her little nurse moment there.

"So your mom is a nurse?" Serenity's small voice called to me.

"Yeah - she's been a nurse ever since she was 26 and out of collage." I nodded, sitting down in one of the chairs across from the couch so I could see Serenity.

"Cool." She answered, lightly smiling as I returned the smile. As we talked a bit of her warming up to me slowly - like a pot simmering and getting ready to cook something; she was warming up slowly but surely getting ready to be boiling hot and get comfortable with me. I hope she'll trust me.

We ended up watching a movie and eating popcorn as we threw it into each other’s mouths instead of watching the movie. It was fun hanging out with Serenity. She's like a kitten, scared, tiny, and cowering in the corner. You have to gain a kitten's trust. It's the same with people - you can't just suddenly click and become friends - you have to slowly warm up to them and gain their trust before you could even think of becoming friends or best friends. But what was on my mind wasn't friendship. What was on my mind was worrying about whether or not she'd trust me.

As we finally settled in, it became late. She jumped up in fright from the time as she nervously grabbed her things.

"I-I'm sorry, but I have to go. B...bye, Joce." Serenity speedily said and swiftly walked out of the door before I could even tell her good-bye. I frowned as I watched her run off into the darkness of the night and disappear around the corner.

I closed the door and plopped back on the couch, finishing the movie. But before it finished, I got a text. It scared the crap out of me from the vibration in my butt. I ended up on the floor, gripping a pillow for dear life before I realized it was my cell phone.

Well now I feel like a complete idiot and donkey. I thought to myself as I pulled my cell phone from my pocket and looked at the new text.

'Can I go to ur lil place?' It read - from Alex.

I stared at the words in thought before I decided what to say. More like ask.

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:38 pm

Why?

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:39 pm

Cause

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:39 pm

Cause why?

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:39 pm

Cause I gotta get out of here. I promise I won't do somethin 'stupid' @.@

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:40 pm

...I don't know... I don't exactly trust u.... :/

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:40 pm

._. Well trust me now.

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:40 pm

Idk... I guess... But I swear if u do anything stupid I will hunt u down and kill u. Got it? -.-

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:41 pm

Yeah, yeah, chill out u jackass.

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:41 pm

WHAT did u just call me?!

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:42 pm

U saw it. ;)

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:42 pm

Oh if that's how ur gonna act, then I'm comin down there and stayin with u. U idiot. -___-

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:43 pm

Oh shut up u know u like it. ;) And I don't need a babysitter btw.

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:44 pm

With that attitude? Yea u do. But I'm tired so I'm not drivin there. U'd better not to ANYTHING stupid at all u hear me?

From: JerkBoy | Sent 9:46 pm

Yeah yeah chill out woman. Night then. Sweet dreams. ;) Dream about me, love.

To: JerkBoy | Sent 9:46 pm

Oh, don't worry. I will. -___-

I got up and walked up the stairs into my room and closed the door, walking into my little bathroom and brushing my teeth. Then I got into my pajamas and climbed into bed, checking some stuff on my phone before I finally felt my eyelids slowly drooping. They got heavier by the minute and by eyes started stinging from the tiredness.

Finally I put my cell phone down and snuggled under my covers and closed my eyes, but instead of falling right asleep my mind wandered.

Why were people so mean to Serenity? They don't know anything about her. Who are they to judge her by her looks?

And why did Alex want to go to my little house? Why did he need to 'get away'?

Why am I asking so much? I can't know - at least not yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.9K 36
"I heard you're a player so let's play a game, Let's sweet talk, Let's play fight, Let's talk 24/7, Let's tell each other good morning and good night...
58.2K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
210 55 14
A complicated story of mine.. uh- so the characters here are real people, real personality (almost) and they are dating in real life but sadly it's l...
14.9K 49 6
After seeing so much of this on Wattpad, my brain was like: "How about you make one?" So I did. So yeah..This story is rated T for TEEN+ That means i...