Twin Tussle ✔

Da TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Blood is thicker than water...Or is it? The first time I saw Harley Martinez, my heart did five s... Altro

☆| Introduction
☆| Prologue
1| Notice
2| Misery
3| Confession
4| Nostalgia
5| Selfish
6| Hunt
7| Bad boy
8| Change
9| Reality
10| Heartbreak
11| Chains
☆| Author's Note
12| Fourteen
13| Encounter
14| Shock
15| Melancholy
16| Kiss
☆| Qs and As
18| Settled
19| Rage
20| Past
21| Senseless
22| Lost
23| Guilt
24| Official
25| Surprise
26| Together
27| Sacrifice
28| Trouble
29| Infuriated
30| Revenge
31| Sorry
32| Justice
33| Apology
34| Forgiveness
35| Date
☆| Epilogue
UPDATE

17| Truth

2.2K 187 72
Da TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to:isaboble

Thank you so much for the support, votes and comments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I discovered that our disconnect was never because of the insecurities we felt, but rather the emptiness we created when we failed to make sense of ourselves"

~R.M. Drake

Connor

I strolled on the sidewalk, kicking a plastic bottle on my way. I was about five kilometres from school already. Why? Because according to Caleb, he had something important to take care of and took the car away.

I was looking for a good cafe to have coffee in, to refresh myself from the events that occurred at school today.

My lips still tingled from Harley's kiss. My heart craved to know why she did it in the first place. I had so many questions...

The more I pushed that little ache in my heart, the more I thought about it. That intense regretful feeling stayed tangled around my heart; something didn't seem right.

Everything felt wrong...everything.

Every person who passed me by seemed to have the invisible mask on their face, filtering their true self and only revealing what they wanted to show me.

The world felt like a lie.

I sighed loudly and walked into a nearby cafe. Instantly, the refreshing fragrance of coffee tickled my nostrils. It was invigorating, immediately coaxing me to grab one from the guy nearby and drink it entirely.

I controlled myself. I needed a break to calm down, to pull myself together. I slumped on one of the dining tables and stared out of the glass panes.

I spotted a teenage couple taking selfies nearby. The guy gave the girl a kiss on her cheek while she grabbed onto him as if she would never let go.

They looked so...happy.

Why couldn't that guy be me?

I felt a slight wetness on the corner of my eyes and I realized they had become watery.

Why did I feel so sad? Why did I feel like every muscle in my heart had been torn apart?

I was freaking kissed by Harley! How amazing was that?

"..sir?"

My head was spinning now, what was happening-

"Sir?"

I jumped out of my thoughts "Y-Yeah?"

"Are you okay sir?" the waitress asked.

"No..." I breathed, burying my face in my hands "Nothing seems right"

"Should I call an ambulance?"

"Oh no no..." I looked at her, shaking my head "I'm fine. It's just that I'm going through a hard time right now"

She smiled sweetly at me and patted my shoulder "It'll get better. I don't know what it is that you're dealing with right now, but just like everything else, this phase too shall pass"

This phase too shall pass...

Not when the problem is with your twin brother and you'll have to live with him the rest of your life, till you get married. And he'll always be there, no matter how much you try to shrug him off.

"Thank you" I smiled back.

She turned around and started walking away. As she walked away, another girl walked up to me and stood beside my dining table.

I looked up and my eyes stared into a pair of light-brown cat eyes.

"Kim?" I asked getting off of my seat but she pushed me back, making me sit again.

"I eavesdropped..." she sat opposite to me "What happened?"

I would've answered that question if she hadn't distracted me by wearing that short crop top, exposing a lot of her smooth skin, and bright red lipstick applied on her plum lips.

I remembered rejecting her.

"How'd you find me?" I managed to speak up, but I was still distracted by her intoxicating scent.

"I saw you seated here from nearby" she thumbed out the transparent glass panes "and I thought I'd stop by"

No Kimberly, don't lie to me. I know you followed me all the way. Just because it's been four years, doesn't mean I forgot anything about you. I still exactly know when you're lying and when you're truthful.

I wanted to say that out loud, but I was afraid that I'd offend her.

"Kim I..." I stuttered "I'm sorry for rejecting you"

That sentence got her. Her smile faded and she sat there staring straight into my eyes, not moving, not twitching.

"I didn't know what I was doing" I apologised "I shouldn't have been so rude. We met after so many years and I just-"

"I lied to you!" she half-yelled, cutting me off. And then...she started wiping tears off her cheeks

"About what?" I leaned closer to her.

"About..." she breathed "About fucking everything!"

I tried to decipher what she meant, but I failed. What did this 'everything' include?

"Enlighten me" I placed my hand on her fingers, attempting to soothe her.

"My parents and I didn't shift back because of our house or my college" she sniffed "I wanted to meet you..."

Her words hit me like a bullet, right in my chest.

Meet...me?

"What else?" I asked.

"About Caleb" she whispered back and I thought I died. What did Caleb have to do with this? "I lied to you about him. I told you I loved him, but I don't, I really don't"

That moment flashed back. She had told me that on the day of her departure from this town.

"Why?" I blurted angrily.

"I didn't want you to miss me!" tears came pouring out of her eyes "I didn't want you to feel the same kind of emptiness that I felt"

"Are you crazy?" I asked, a little angrier this time. I had no idea what was happening. My head was making a million conclusions at the same time. "Kimberly you're crazy!"

Her jaw was dropped now.

"Do you know how much I cried after you left?" I squeezed her soft hands "I felt worthless and I hadn't ever felt emptier. You made me feel even worse and you thought you made me happy?"

She bit her lower lip and apologetically gaped at our intertwined fingers.

"No..." I leaned back on my seat, closing my eyes "God Kimberly, you're so stupid"

I squeezed my eyes and felt a tear slide down my cheek.

She was so stupid...

So damn stupid...

If only she hadn't lied, I would've kept in touch with her all these years instead of blocking her on every social media.

She pulled her hands out of my grip and I opened my eyes. Now she had buried her face in her arms and leaned her head on the table.

We were both crying, hurting, aching.

We sat like that for what seemed like forever. The surrounding air felt heavy and dense; every molecule of air mourning over its own misery.

How did we get here?

How do we get out?

How do we escape?

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

It was pretty hard to put all those feelings, damn. Did you like the chapter guys? Tell me your opinions on it!

I've made a 'dedications list' and if I haven't dedicated a chapter to you yet, I will do it in the future for sure! There are literally so many of you guys I want to thank! It's because of you guys that I've hit 2K!

Thank you so much everyone! The next update, '12B' will be next Friday. Stay tuned :)

Till then, vote, comment and share!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.6K 118 34
Angela Nicole Grace is your average senior in high school who flies under the radar. Decent grades, no real popularity status. Just normal. That is...
27.7K 831 52
" hey ". I look up to see a tall guy, around my age. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Wearing a jean jacket, jeans and a gray top with black running shoe...
84.6K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
16.2K 1.8K 43
Bella has always been under the control of her brother. But what if she befriends four boys against her brother? Bella Walker, a seventeen years old...