[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 27

2.7K 45 7
By Panda-Gom

Upon the courtyard of the temple, a man cloaked in a black robe with a hood over his head had his hands together in a gesture to cast a spell, teleporting the students that stood with him upon the concrete back home. You stood with Ryuushin, Hiro, and the twins, quietly kicking at the concrete as it glowed with an unidentifiable white insignia, and the wind picked up, blowing cherry blossoms to swirl around like a snowstorm of pale pink in a light rain.

You had said goodbye to the Shinsengumi, the shinobi, and the oni—promising to come back and visit when you could as everyone was changing back into the school uniform. The three groups were upon the platforms, watching as everyone was slowly denigrating into shining white dust particles from the man's spell, until finally, the courtyard flashed, and those not from Edo were gone.

Now upon the front yard of the school grounds, a long sigh passed your lips, and you slumped your shoulders, shuffling across the grass to the walkway. It was Wednesday night—about nine PM—and the sky was blurred from view with a thick layer of dark gray clouds. Your group walked home with a merging of two others, making a rather large throng of students take up the nighttime sidewalk.

Finally home, you were the last to go through the door. You lingered there, feeling for the presence you had felt watching you along the walk home. When there was nothing even after you had surveyed the yard, you shook your head and stepped through the threshold—going straight to your room, then the bathroom, to shower and change out.

Once out in a comfy ensamble of a black tank top and matching pajama bottoms, you were drying your hair when you heard murmuring coming from downstairs. Following the voices, you leaned against the wall leading to the family room and listened in.

"I apologize that even I am of not much use," Kei murmured in Japanese. "[Name]-hime...I feel so sorry for her...yet....I—"

"Kei-seok, you are only to protect [Name]—I don't expect you to solve her problems."

At hearing the voice, you ran into the room and tackled the man that was sitting on the recliner across from the Christmas tree. "Daddy!"

"Ah...[Name]," your father smiled, hugging you back—he wore the hooded cloak of the teleporter. "How are you?"

"So you were the one watching me on the way home... You were the teleporter too..." you murmured, not answering his question. "H-How did you get out of the Farplane?"

"I can leave the Farplane only on business. I just came to check up on—"

"You're...here to see if Noa is really dead...huh?" you whispered, looking at him. When he didn't answer and looked away, your jaw locked," Dad?"

"Fai and Kurogane...they came the other day at around two in the morning..." your father's gaze transferred to the unlit Christmas tree, and was emotionless, his voice also nothing but a whisper. "I have only seen Fai cry once—Kurogane too—but what I saw... It doesn't even feel real... Fai broke down...calling for Noa and using his magic to uselessly hit the barrier of Looking Pointe...injuring himself... All this while...while Kurogane silently stood there...just...STOOD there...and let his tears... Then the pyreflies reacted...and all they saw in return...was his smiling, happy reflection against the barrier..."

"But...I can bring him back," your hands balled into fists, and you nodded to yourself in reassurance. "I... I CAN bring him back... I WILL... Nothing...nothing...nothing can—"

"[Name]," Kei cut you off, speaking softly. "...Please, listen to—"

"No!" you smiled bitterly, shaking your head as you felt your eyes begin to sting while you bored a hole into your lap, and your already clenched fists shook. "I'm responsible for this! For Noa dying... If I wasn't...Amaya...then...Zack wouldn't have been mean to me, then, Noa wouldn't have confronted him, then, nobody would have fought...and...NOBODY WOULD HAVE DIED!"

"[Name]—"

"I don't know how...but I WILL bring Noa back!" you whimpered helplessly. "He can't die on me... Nobody is allowed to—not while I'm here... I...I'll turn back time!"

"That's of no use," your father shook his head. "When a person dies, they are meant to die as under fulfillment of their fate—if you reverse time and save them, their death will only occur in another way... [Name], you and Ryuushin died under the fate of the Dragon Legends—"

"But we came back! We—"

"You came back after judgment of the gods within Castle Oblivion," Kei interjected again.

Your father nodded in agreement," As a pureheart, Noa gets bliss after death and therefore is automatically sent to the Farplane to rest—if you disturb him and decide to resurrect him, you won't get the same Noa I can guarantee you that... He will be some sort of cursed fiend or being... Now, would you really put that burden on someone you care for—you'd give him that pain?"

"But...he...," you sniffled, tearing up. "You don't understand, I—"

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND?" your father scoffed, standing swiftly and towering over you. "Have you any idea what it's like to be dead [Name]!? I am a spirit! I am nothing more than what you see in the Farplane reflections—neither is your mother or the Guardian Army, or any kudan! Without this responsibility upon us, we are nothing but living remains, and I wouldn't meet you—I am actually not allowed to reveal myself against any mortals WHATSOEVER! What you see before you is a gift! A gift which I—"

"Gift!?" you looked away, chuckling darkly as you stood. "That's not a gift I can see you whenever I want."

"Look at me."

"..."

"Why can't you look at me now?"

"..."

"That's what I thought."

"...I'm sorry," you wiped your eyes, keeping your head down as you barely managed to whimper. "I'm sorry that I'm being ungrateful...a-and causing you trouble...a-and—"

Sighing, your father pulled you up and embraced you in a hug," Shh... Don't apologize [Name]... I didn't mean to yell at you—it's my fault. Please, stop crying..."

You sniffled," D-D-Dad..."

"I'm not saying that I underestimate your determination baby, but...there are just some things that should be left alone."

Your father carried you to your room when you had fallen asleep against Kei's shoulder within the next hour of talking, and you awoke in bed the next morning from the blaring alarm clock on your nightstand. Recalling the events of the previous night in a slightly disappointed manner, you exhaled sharply and headed towards the bathroom to get ready for the school day ahead of you. When that was done, you were to leave your room when the small ring box from Toshizo caught your eye, sitting on the nightstand, beside the lamp.

Walking over, you opened the box and gazed at the item inside that rested upon dark blue cushioning. It glistened in the light of your room, and you sat on your bed, continuing to stare as your mind thought back to the conversation with the three men. He had said proposal but...

The door opened suddenly, and Kei stepped through, combing through his hair," [Name], if we don't leave now, we'll be—"

Jolting in surprise with a yelp escaping your lips, you quickly grabbed the comforter and covered yourself—the ring box falling into your lap. "M-Morning!"

"A-Ah!" the ravenette covered his eyes and turned his back to you, looking away in embarrassment. "I-I-I'm so sorry—I thought you were d-dressed! I'll wait for you downstairs!"

The door slammed shut as your kudan left, and you sighed in relief, carelessly tossing the comforter aside as you stood and closed the ring box. Leaving it in the drawer of the nightstand, you contemplated taking it, and instead pushed aside your thoughts as you slung your backpack across your torso, grabbing your phone.

Since you were running late, the three of you took the car to school. An awkward silence lingered in the air between you and Kei, and taking advantage of this, Kai enjoyed making fun of the tension. That was though, until the elder of the twins finally snapped for him to be quiet—which he did—with a signature grin on his face.

You rushed into study hall and was in by the bell to find that Kurogane was subbing for Lulu once again. As soon as you stepped through, he slammed the door shut behind you, locking it and causing the students that were rushing in behind you to bang on it in desperation to get inside before the hall monitor moogles would approach them. Smiling slightly as you passed him, the ravenette's eye twitched in annoyance and he kicked the door open, yelling at the teens who froze in place.

"Good morning Amaya," Rem greeted as you took a seat beside her, laying your backpack upon the table.

"Hi," you unsuccessfully stifled a yawn, running a hand through your hair.

"Long night?" Shuyin mused, sitting across from you.

"You can say that," you smiled, nodding.

"What the hell is this kid doing?" Kurogane sighed, coming to your table in his passing out of flyers.

"Raizo got hammered at a hostess club yesterday in the time we waited for the teleporter," the blonde at the table answered.

"What a disgrace," the man murmured, smacking the back of his head. "Hey, get up Godai."

Raizo yawned and groggily sat up, his hand dampening in the pool of drool that was once beside his head and smearing the liquid across his face as he attempted to wake himself up. "I'm...I'm up," he said, yawning again.

"Geez...," Kurogane shook his head. "Yazoo, could you take the pass and help him to the nurse?"

"Of course," the silverette nodded, helping away the teen within a few minutes—Hope now taking up the seat next to Shuyin.

"Huh, the first blitz game is on Saturday," Reks murmured, reading over the flyer. "Then table tennis is tomorrow."

"Who IS on the table tennis team?" Hope furrowed his eyebrows. "It's not really...a sport."

"Yeah it is," you argued. "You need focus, strength, and skill to play it just like everything else."

"Plus, I'M on it," Shuyin added. "And what Amaya said is true—it's harder too because of such a small space we play on."

"And Masayoshi~," Rem said with an affectionate sigh.

"That too," you giggled, nodding in agreement.

"What...IS so great about him?" Reks asked, leaning forward. "All the girls seem to like him and he's just another teacher isn't he?"

"Hm...let's put it this way," Rem set down her pen, looking at the three boys. "Do any of you like a girl right now?" Before they could answer she continued," One of the first things anybody sees is looks, then personality. When someone has both—which Masayoshi totally does—they'll be attractive, and therefore attract many people. The way this works in a girl's mind is different than in a boy's, so keep in mind what I said was pretty general."

"I actually agree with you," you murmured, tracing the patterning of the flyer with your finger, thinking of [B.O.C]. "I..."

"Hey," Hope spoke up, head cocked to the side," are you wearing contacts? I just noticed you're not wearing your glasses."

Your head snapped up and you smacked your palm against your forehead, remembering them being folded with your uniform from yesterday. "I forgot them!"

"Didn't your eyesight change?" the pale haired teen skeptically continued. "I mean...didn't you notice?"

"Well I...I only really need them for reading," you said, coming up with an excuse. "So...it's not really much different unless I need to read."

"Hm," Hope nodded slowly.

"You look better without them though," Rem smiled. "Glasses cloud up your face—that's why I wear contacts."

"I was putting on contacts for physics the other day and Wasurete yelled at me for texting," Reks sighed. "I only had them in my lap and he gave me detention during lunch."

"Ah! You wouldn't happen to have the physics homework would you?" your eyes widened, and you began rummaging through your backpack. "I completely forgot about it!"

Reks allowed you to copy the his homework when he found it, and the table continued to chat for the rest of the period—the entire class was on for a free hour being that Kurogane didn't mind whether anybody actually studied or not. You finished seconds before the bell rang, and after thanking Reks, exited class with Rem. She walked with you until parting at the end of the hall where she turned right, and you exited the building.

Outside, it was raining harshly, and the wind was blowing as equally in strength. Students crowded the walkways as they leisurely made their way to the next class, planning to use the excuse of the whether to be as late as they please. You considered doing the same, but considering who you had next, you instead decided to cut across the lawns to the building you needed to go to.

Your footsteps were wet against the grass, making squishy noises as you held an arm above your head in order for the water to not cloud your vision. You had slipped in a patch of mud and quickly picked yourself up, entering the building and heading up the two flights of stairs to the second floor. When you had reached the classroom and burst through the door, you found that there were only a handful of students inside.

Sighing in exasperation, you shook your head and headed for your seat from last week. Wasurete—who had watched you since your entrance—raised an eyebrow, stopping from typing on his laptop. When you quietly went about your business in wiping the water off your face with your hands, he went back to his work. However, Selphie and Chiyoko were too amused to leave you alone, and approached your table with Irvine and Dante sharing an identical expression to theirs.

"What happened, did you fall in a pile of cow shit?" Chiyoko asked, leaning on the table.

Selphie did the same, nodding," Or were you attempting to shower outside because you're so dirty?"

"Ah, hey," Dante's smile slowly faded, and he frowned, sitting up. "Don't you two think that's a little over the top?"

"They're just playing," Irvine rolled his eyes. "Y'know, how us guys do!"

"Are you kidding," the silverette scoffed. "If they did that any way we were, then all girls would hate each other forever."

"Can you leave me alone?" you exhaled sharply, slamming your backpack onto the table. "I'm really not in the mood to be playing with you two."

"[Name], Selphie, leave Amaya alone," Wasurete called lazily from the front of the room, his eyes still focused on his laptop.

Chiyoko sighed, rolling her eyes," We're just talking—"

"NOW [Name]."

"Fine, fine," she scoffed, flicking her hair. "Later Ama."

As she and Selphie went back towards their seats, Ryuushin walked around them to the one next to yours. "Is it just me, or did he refer to you by first name?" Ryuushin mouthed to you, sitting down.

"He did," you nodded. "He even stood up for me against his sister—his all so loving sister."

"Weird," he shook his head, then spoke when noticing your skirt was caked with dirt. "What happened to you?"

"I didn't want to be late," you frowned, looking up at him," but I fell cutting across the grass."

"Like a shithead~!" Chiyoko whisper-yelled, looking back at you over her shoulder.

"[Name]," Wasurete looked up as he closed the laptop shut. "I just said to leave her alone didn't I? What part of that do you not understand?"

"Sorry...geez..." the pink haired girl muttered, slumping her shoulders.

"If you don't leave her alone," Ryuushin began, leaning over," I'll shave your head."

"SHAVE MY HEAD!?" Chiyoko whirled back around. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?"

"Dude, [Name], who are you talking to?" Dante chuckled with Irvine.

"RYUUSHIN!" she pointed a finger at him. "HE SAID HE WAS GONNA SHAVE MY HEAD!" At this, the clearly amused ravenette put on a shocked face, raising his shoulders.

Machina, who you now noticed standing in front of your table hunched over last week's work with Ryuushin, raised an eyebrow. "He's been helping me with the homework, what are you talking about?"

"[Name] I've had enough of your fucking around right now," Wasurete growled. "Shut up!"

"Ah...! But...Wasurete..."

Ignoring her, he looked across the room as the bell rang," Zexion, take the hall pass and escort Amaya to the bathroom."

"Wouldn't it make more sense to let a girl do that?" Irvine smirked. "It IS a girls' bathroom."

"You're not a girl either now are you?" he shot back. "Shut up and get ready to turn in your work—you've missed a lot this year already."

Exiting the room with Zexion, the silverette led you to the bathroom down the hall in silence. When arriving at it, he waited outside with crossed arms as he leaned against the wall as you went inside.

Stopping at a sink, you grabbed a paper towel and dampened it with hot water, wiping the dirt off of your skirt before angling the automatic hand dryer to it and allowing the warm air to dry the clothing. The same though, couldn't be done for your blazer, and you took it off to find that despite your removal of the caked dirt, a lot of it still stayed on. With a sigh, you folded it and exited the bathroom after readjusting your vest and long sleeved shirt.

Zexion opened his closed eyes, leading you back to the room once again. Only this time, he spoke. "Are you okay?"

You smiled slightly, nodding," It could be worse."

As he nodded slowly, you noticed his pace also wasn't as fast as before, and you gazed at him curiously to find him staring straight ahead. "...So, I guess we're not going to be working together anymore."

"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah... I only had less than a week working there to begin with—it's kind of a shame really."

"If it makes you feel better, it was a good few days in my opinion."

"Thanks," you smiled, looking down the empty hall. "I guess you'll have to pick up the pace then until Vanille hires someone new."

"Yeah, but it's not too much."

"Well, if it makes YOU feel better, I think you'll do fine."

A small smirk spread across his lips as he lingered by the door to the classroom for a moment," Why would that be?"

"I just have a feeling," you smiled up at him, entering as he held the door open for you.

Back inside class, Wasurete was going over the lesson for today as his T.A collected the homework assignments. You copied what Ryuushin had on his paper and paid close attention to what the ravenette was saying in order to not get lost like you remembered being the previous week. With that, you were left alone for the rest of the period to complete a new packet of problems, and since it was easier, you were able to finish before class ended.

When the bell finally rang, and students were exiting the room, you were called over by Wasurete, and after sharing a confused glance with Ryuushin, approached the teen's desk. He told you to come back to class during lunch to discuss something with him, and you complied, making your way towards math analysis.

The class was currently in uproar of a seating chart that was placed upon the whiteboard. Grimoire ignored all complaints and stood in front of his desk with crossed arms, waiting for everyone to sit down. You noticed that Yuffie was put beside Vincent, Rikku with Eight, Sice with Yuj, and Kai with an unknown brunette. Out of these, and others that you saw, you noticed the boy-girl pattern that was carefully placed both horizontally and vertically upon the rows.

Checking your name upon the makeshift classroom as the bell rang, you took a seat behind Kai who was chatting casually to the girl beside him. Not too long after he turned away from her and to you, you were accompanied by your new desk buddy—Axel—who dumped his backpack onto the table. He turned to face you with a bright smile, and you did towards him, only to frown and groan at the same time Grimoire called the class to attention.

"Now, for today—"

"I AM NOT SITTING WITH HER!" Axel yelled, standing and pointing at you.

In the same moment, you stood and pointed at him too, yelling," I AM NOT SITTING WITH HIM!"

As the class erupted in similar remarks about the new seating arrangement, Grimoire quickly yelled for silence, which, was quickly received. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose," As I was saying, before being rudely interrupted, for today since we have a test on what we learned last week with the worksheets, I have placed these arrangements in order to ensure you do not cheat."

"Oh," you bit your lip, smiling sheepishly as you sat back down.

Axel grinned, happily doing the same," Sorry Grimy!"

Once the tests were passed out, everyone was permitted to start. You carefully worked your way through the problems until you eventually came to a standstill where you began tapping your pencil on the desk, trying to make your mind come up with the formula. Seconds, and now minutes were ticking away, leading you to soon giving up. Additionally, since the rest of the test—about the last fourth of it where you stopped—was in multiple parts to the question you were stumped on, you could not answer the rest of it.

As you waited for the bell to ring, you stared at your paper leisurely. It wasn't until you finally glanced down at the problems you hadn't done that you noticed a writing matching yours was slowly forming on the page. You leaned forward in awe, writing over it as it faded while more was forming. Continuing to scrawl down the page, you turned to the back side of your paper, copying down the last of it, and then looking it over—it seemed to make sense, but, who knew you were stuck?

"You're welcome~!"

"Wait what!? Why'd you do that!?" you hit Kai's arm, going with him on your way to the lunch area after third period had finished. He had just informed you that the little help given to you on the test was from him. "I could have figured it out sooner or later!"

He pouted, rubbing the spot you hit," Oh c'mon [Nickname], if you weren't gonna get it five minutes before the bell, you weren't gonna get it at all! Besides, I hinted it to you—no harm in that, right? You're the one who decided to copy it."

You flinched away from hitting him again, sighing in defeat. He was right—you could have ignored the random writings that appeared on the page, but, deciding to copy it was all on you. The only problem was you didn't think about it when you it earlier. Slumping your shoulders, you began to pout, stopping at your locker and turning the combination.

Kai sighed," Don't feel bad—"

"But I technically cheated!" you yelled in a whisper. "Not even, I DID cheat!"

"Calm down," he made a face. "It was one time, and you are apparently not in a stable mental state to—"

"I'm not mentally stable!?" you hissed, narrowing your eyes at him as you grabbed your laptop.

"Err...," he sheepishly grinned, taking a step back. "I didn't mean THAT but um...y'know...y-you had a bad week—"

"Kai I swear—"

"Bye!" the ravenette waved, already beginning to run off.

Scoffing, you slammed your locker shut and went after him, dodging the migration of students. Suddenly though, a hand grabbed yours, and you whirled around, coming face to face with Prompto who had Noctis with him.

"Where are you going?" he chuckled, taking you by the shoulders and steering you in the opposite direction. "We have a blitz meet during lunch remember?"

"Meet?" you furrowed your eyebrows, then in realization, you hand flew to your forehead. "Ah! I'll be right back!"

"Oh—wait!" the blonde followed your figure as you sped off around the corner. "Jecht said he's got the food covered! Amaya!"

Hurrying away from the two, you ran into the next building.  Huffing, you entered Wasurete's room loudly, feet slapping the floor as you did so. Inside, a few lingering girls were giggling amongst each other as he erased the whiteboard, and when he turned around, he kicked them out of the class before they could even utter a word to him. Disappointed, they complied, and you were about to follow them when his hand clamped over your shoulder, and he pulled you back, closing the door on the girls.

You awkwardly took a seat upon the closest table to Wasurete's own desk in the front of the class as he went to and fro from it, heating up the few containers of food he brought for lunch. As you swung your legs, you took the opportunity as one to scan his mind—something you hadn't bothered trying since your arrival. Concentrating, you were about to begin your attempt when his voice echoed faintly in the room, and you snapped your head up to find him sitting across from you on the other side of his desk.

"Do you want any?" Wasurete gestured to his food whose enticing aroma filled the air, chopsticks in hand.

"No thanks," you cleared your throat, shaking your head. "Um...I don't mean to be rude...but I have a blitzball meeting to get to..."

He nodded slowly, setting his chopsticks down as he glanced up at you," I just want to thank you for saving [Name] yesterday... I know the two of you aren't on good terms, and you of course didn't have to but you did and...well, I truly am grateful."

"Don't mention it," you forced a smile. "Even if we're enemies or...whatever you want to call it... in a field trip, we're all one group against someone else. If we don't help each other, we wouldn't be able to do anything."

"Yeah... While we're on the subject, I also want to apologize for the hard time my sister and I have been giving you too. Especially me...since I punched you and all...then with that whole thing yesterday—I deserve getting beat up a bit. "

"That...that was my fault too," you murmured, staring at your lap. "I shouldn't have intervened... But, thank you for your apology—I accept it."

A small smile crossed Wasurete's face and he nodded," I only wish [B.O.C] was as understanding as you."

Your head snapped up to the ravenette whose countenance was distorted, and your eyes narrowed slightly. "Why...? What about [B.O.C]?"

---------------------------------------

Results: Wasurete's Thoughts On [B.O.C]

KH/FF B.O.C From the First Story

"He gets on my nerves sometimes," Wasurete's jaw locked. "We have a history in a sense—since late spring, early summer. He uses that as an excuse all the time."

"Saying what exactly?"

"So that he can do whatever he wants with my sister!" the ravenette scoffed. "Just because I know him, it doesn't mean he won't do something perverted, or evil or...anything worse!"

"I'm pretty sure [Name] can decide for herself who's who here," you said slowly. "After all, they met her first—"

"That's bullshit," Wasurete scoffed again. "You know that boy you sit next to, Ryuushin? They were best friends once, then he became an asshole and shit happened over summer. Now you're here, telling me [Name] is a good enough judge of character for [B.O.C]? You should read his mind on some of the thoughts he has sometime—then come back and try telling me the same thing."

"Well be that as it may, or not, it's your sister's decision whether she wants to talk with him, or be with him... He's always... He...WAS...always there for her, I'm sure—you know, by the way you talk about him. Therefore, there IS something special about [B.O.C]."

"I refuse to accept that."

Newly Introduced KH/FF B.O.C

"He's...annoying," Wasurete spoke slowly. "I know nothing about him."

"Why don't you find out then?" you pressed, studying your brother carefully. "I'm sure you misjudged him."

"Do I look like my sister to you?" he gave an amused smirk. "I'm an excellent judge of character."

"Really?" your eye twitched. "How so?"

"Well, if [B.O.C] is as nice, or handsome, or whatever as [Name] says he is, he's only like that with her for one reason: he wants her."

"[B.O.C] wanting [Name]?" you scoffed, crossing your arms. "I'm sure he has NO interest in [Name] AT ALL. I bet he likes someone else!"

"And how would you know that?"

"I... I've spent some time with him," you murmured. "He's a really great guy so I'm sure she's not his type."

"You won't be saying the same when he forces himself on you~."

OC B.O.C

"He doesn't understand the concept of family," Wasurete scoffed.

"...How?" you fought to control your anger, tensing at his words.

"His parents are dead, he has no siblings," the ravenette shrugged. "I mean, what would he know about protecting someone he loves?"

"So... [B.O.C] can't love [Name]?"

"I don't even think he does—he's just kissing ass to Fai and Kurogane for the free food and shit. Without them, they'd be on the streets."

Neither

"I don't like him," Wasurete shrugged.

"He's not that bad," you sighed. "I think you should get to know him better."

"What's the point? Guys are all there for either two reasons: they want something, or they're curious. Plus, keeping [Name] away from him is easier."

"But why?" you looked up. "It's your sister's life—not yours. She should be allowed to choose who she talks to."

"Nope—not while I'm here."

---------------------------------------

As anger within you boiled, you stood, narrowing your eyes at Wasurete as he mixed soy sauce with his rice. "Why can't you just mind your own business!?"

"Excuse me?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You're so...so judgmental! You say shit about [B.O.C] as if you're so perfect!"

"I am if it means someone understanding to protect my sister!" he shouted back, standing as well. "None of those assholes are good enough and never will be—not [KH/FF B.O.C], or [OC B.O.C] for that matter!"

"You...you'd risk your sister being happy because you're overprotective...?" you bit your lip, eyes suddenly tearing up. "Who do you think you are!? What if he died!?"

"Good! Then I wouldn't have shit to deal with! This isn't any of your business anyway!"

"If you really cared about [Name]...you'd understand her feelings for [B.O.C] you murmured, glaring at the ravenette. "You're not her father...or her mother... You're not anything that can control what she does!"

"What are you—are you crying?" Wasurete's lips quirked up in amusement. "Why are you—"

"I hate you!" you hissed, coughing as the held back wave of tears dripped from your eyes, and you ran out of the room.

You heard Wasurete call after you, but you continued on running until you turned down the stairs and burst out of the building, where, outside, it was raining lightly. In order to not repeat falling again, you took the concrete pathway between the buildings to get to the pool. Although it wasn't canopied, you were at least thankful it was somewhat dry. As you neared your destination, you slowed your pace to a brisk walk, then, shaking out your hair, proceeded on to entering.

The door creaked open and closed at your arrival, leading to an immediate silence from Jecht, who was talking. He—as well as the rest of the blitzball team—was in the emptied out pool, and their attention turned to your figure. On the floor between the spread out group, there were a few opened boxes of pizzas, as well as various juices and sodas. You jumped into the pool and wordlessly sat against the wall of it opposite where you went in, tossing your backpack onto the ground in the process.

Jecht raised an eyebrow as you rested your chin upon your knees that were pulled to your chest. "Meet started fifteen minutes ago, where have you been? Prompto said you ran off."

"...What did I miss?" you managed to say, looking up at the ravenette man from behind your disheveled hair.

He sighed, scratching the back of his head," We just went over the game plan for Saturday—you know it right?"

"I do," you nodded. "Did we change anything?"

"We might if Noctis still can't carry you," Tidus said, taking a swig of his drink.

"I CAN carry her!" Noctis scoffed, standing up. "I just—"

"Can you possibly switch me with someone for that round then?" you snapped, cutting him off and catching Jecht's attention again. "I don't want to be a burden to the team."

"Hey, let me finish!" the ravenette teen growled, standing and glaring at you.

"Either you can carry me or you can't!" you almost shrieked, getting to your feet. "Nobody asked for you to give a damn excuse! So then Jecht, can you please, please, PLEASE for the sake of the lovable Prince Noctis Caelum, switch me!?"

"Fine," Jecht nodded once. "Amaya you'll switch with Tidus which means you'll go in second round. Since you're both centers and practiced on each other's positions, I'm sure you know what you're doing."

"Thank you," you exhaled, sitting yourself back down.

"Did she just...?" Zero's jaw was slightly open, and he was looking between you and Jecht in confusion. "Why did he listen to HER?"

"Get your facts straight—he did it for me," Noctis sneered.

"I did it for the sake of the team," Jecht corrected. "Other than that though, there's a pep rally tomorrow for the winter teams during lunch. We will meet in the auditorium, so don't be late alright?" As he said this, he glanced over at you. "Now, I'll be getting the uniforms from the gym. After you're done eating, if there's time, I want you to practice."

"Get up Amaya!" Noctis yelled, standing once more and approaching you as soon as Jecht was out of sight. He removed his vest and uniformed shirt within one motion over his head—leaving him in a muscle shirt as he pulled on a pair of fingerless gloves. "I don't want to do this move with Tidus! You're not gonna switch it up on me!"

"It's not a required move," you narrowed your eyes. "Besides, you couldn't do it before."

"Get. Up. Amaya."

"Leave her alone Noctis!" Prompto called with a frown, jogging over.

"Get up I said!" Noctis grabbed you by the forearm and tugged you up.

"Let...me...GO!" you growled, shoving him off.

As the other team members rushed over, you pulled your fist back and launched it to the ravenette's face. It came into contact with his cheek, and he stumbled into Prompto before running towards you with furious eyes slowly turning to crimson. Summoning his sword, he swung it when close enough, and you summoned your own, clashing it with him. The others had taken a distance away in order not to get hit, and that gap widened as Noctis overpowered you and swung again. You reflected it with your katana and called it back as you spun on your left foot, hitting the ravenette in the abdomen.

Dropping his sword, Noctis doubled over, and you grabbed him by the collar, steadying him. He stumbled again, and glared, waiting for your fist to come into contact with his face. Instead, your fist dropped to the side, and you shakily let go of his shirt, hiccupping angry tears that unsurely escaped the duct of your eyes. Exhaling sharply, you sniffled and shook your head.

"What am I doing?" you murmured to yourself.

Noctis leaned over, hands outstretched to the side," Finish it—hit me!"

You were suddenly pulled into a tight embrace, and in burying your face within his chest, you heard Prompto's voice right above your head," You're a real asshole, Noct—you made her cry!"

"She's faking it," he lazily scoffed, calling back his weapon. "You're falling for—"

SLAP.

You were huffing, gazing at Noctis blankly. He slowly turned his face back to you as his hand lifted to the place that now stung and throbbed from the slap above the punch. It was silent, and before anyone could speak again, Jecht returned with the uniforms in a large brown box. He glanced over the team in curiosity, but didn't question the tension as he handed out smaller packages to each member. Then, after a few more adjustments to the game plan, the bell rang, and you left just as quickly as you came—off to your locker in order to put the uniform away.

The man named Seymour taught cultural studies—your fourth class of the day. Trey and Nine were already in their seats, and you remembered sitting with them the week before. Zell was here this time too, and as you quietly sat, you returned the greeting the boys gave you as you pulled out your laptop.

Halfway through class, the lecture ended, and you were given an essay assignment due online. Unable to concentrate, you exited out from your current one sentenced essay and opened the paint program. As you attentively then drew mindless sketches upon your screen, you glanced up slowly, feeling eyes on you. There, your gaze met Seymour's and he smirked, making his way around the tables to you. Panicking, you sat up straight, forcing a smile upon your face.

"You seem to be done Amaya—let me see your work," he said, forcefully turning the screen his way.

"I-I...um..."

"Hm...well then," he stood straight, flicking his long blue hair before heading back to his desk.

Confused, you grabbed your screen and gaped at the completed work for you. Zell grinned, leaning over," I emailed it to you."

"I...can't accept this," you shook your head, whispering back to him. "I didn't do my work... Sorry."

He frowned," Is...something wrong?"

"She's just being responsible," Nine answered, closing his laptop. "Honestly, I admire that, but, you really DO seem a bit...off Amaya. IS there something wrong?"

"I'm just a little tired," you smiled, doing the same to your own device.

"By the way, nice contacts," Trey smiled, leaning towards you. "Your eyes look really nice when they're silver."

"M-My eyes are silver?" you gasped, looking down. "When did you notice?"

Nine and the other two blondes exchanged looks. "Amaya...your eyes have been like that since you came in... Why are you so surprised?"

"Uh... I... I thought they were just clear contacts..."

To your relief, the bell rang before any of the boys could press on the subject further, and you quickly took the opportunity of the classroom's disorder from the leaving students to exit. You made your way to the art building of the campus, and found that fifth period photography was taught by Serah. The desks were individual, and since you arrived a bit early, you were able to get one of the first picks for the cameras that were to be passed out.

Taking a black one with a metallic looking on trimming, you seated yourself near the window, watching as the tree outside dance in the cold breeze while its branch brushed against the glass with its pine bristles leaving a thin trail behind. Closing your eyes, you pressed your temples and mentally forced away your silver irises—pleading them to return to [color]. Staying like this for a moment until your head pounded rhythmically with your heartbeat, you glanced to your reflection in the window, finding your eyes to be unsurely flickering between colors, until finally, they settled upon their original hue.

Namine entered class with Roxas, and she immediately took a seat to your right, blue eyes showing nothing but worry. "Are you alright Amaya?"

"What?" your head snapped up in surprise, and you turned to her in question.

"I...told her what happened at lunch," Roxas murmured, giving you an apologetic look. "You can be mad at me Amaya but...I think it'd be good if you had a friend to talk to who's a girl. Us guys...we can't be too understanding, so...yeah."

A small smile formed across your lips, and you nodded towards him," Thank you Roxas."

Smiling back, he shook his head," Thank Namine for having an open mind unlike the other girls. Besides, you look better when you're happy—everyone does."

"I agree one hundred percent!" Vaan declared, sitting in front of Namine as Prompto sat behind you. "Being anything but happy is such a waste—you can't DO anything because you don't have the motivation for it!"

"But sometimes it is good to cry," Namine said. "Sometimes...we just need a change of pace to let everything out."

"Hey guys!" Jack greeted, taking a seat behind Namine. "What's up?"

"Listen," Namine smiled, leaning over to you as Vaan mentioned the upcoming game. "You should come over on Saturday after the blitz game—I'm having a sleep over."

"I'd rather not," you made a face. "I have a feeling I won't be welcomed there."

"Please?" she frowned. "I really think it'd do you some good."

"...I'll think about it."

In addition to your little group, Kazuki, Rika, and Terra Bradford were in this class as well. Terra Fair was too, but as a T.A, who, was gone for the entire period on errands while the class went on about their assignment—taking pictures that captured beauty. They were to be developed and given back next week when Serah was to explain the significance of the shots, regardless of what was taken.

Training was a blur of free time since the field was wet, and terribly muddy. At the end of it, you started walking to the auditorium for performance practice with the twins in silence, unable to register that they were talking to you because of the thoughts that clouded up your head. However, what you did notice, was Natsu and Namine in the central courtyard of the school, surrounded by a group of people. Since you stopped at it, waiting for a few people Kai promised he'd wait for, you allowed your ears to catch their conversation, and you slowly turned to it, the boys following your lead.

Natsu grimaced, shaking his head," What...?"

"I'm breaking up with you," Namine said sternly. "I don't think this will work out; you've been very insensitive lately and I... I just can't handle that. You don't believe me about anything either—there's no trust in our relationship."

"What you're telling me was total crap Nami!" Natsu scoffed. "C'mon though, breaking up with me? THAT'S bullshit! It's going too—"

"What about me?" she shook her head. "I don't want to either but...I would rather not want to be with someone who doesn't take my thoughts and emotions into consideration!"

"Namine," Rika—who was behind Natsu—tugged at the girl's wrist," don't do this—"

"And look!" the blonde pulled her arm back. "Why does she have to talk for you!?  Can't you do anything yourself!?"

"I-I can Namine... I...I just—"

"All you are, is a follower Natsu—nothing else!"

The pale haired teen stood there with an open mouth, dumfounded by Namine's words as the she sniffled, turning away from him towards the nearest exit. Prompto squeezed through the heard of spectators who were now commenting, consoling, and making viral the happening, stopping in front of him; he gave a tight smile to the male who shook his head at him helplessly, then jogged over to Namine's figure that was out the gate, throwing an arm around her shoulders comfortingly as she shook with numerous sobs, leaning against the fellow blonde.

You began walking again—after deciding against comforting Natsu—and bit your lip from the sudden event. Despite not speaking to them much, you did see the couple always together, even when Namine had called you to the café the other day. Now, she was with Prompto—but why?

Before you could ponder on it further, Kei nudged you, noting that your phone was ringing. Shuffling in your backpack, you quickly answered it before it stopped ringing.

"Hello?"

"Nochi, you're scheduled for a mission tonight. Be ready by nine PM at the rendezvous point. All the information has been emailed to you. Do not be late."

Click.

---------------------------------------

Zoom: Report to Naoki

As your father stepped foot upon the outside courtyard, the shinobi immediately appeared in front of him within a puff of smoke—all five bowing formally and staying in the crouch. He bowed back, nodding for them to stand. Hanzo bowed once more and led the way to the pagoda on the main courtyard; Saizo and Kotaro walked behind Naoki while Sasuke and Goemon remained on either side of him.

Entering the building, Naoki was greeted by the Shinsengumi and oni, who, bowed to him just as quickly as the shinobi had. As he sat across from them, the shinobi joined the others on the opposite side.

"Now," your father removed the hood from his head, a gentle smile lighting his features," how are you all?"

"Thanks to his majesty's kindness, we have no complaints," Toshizo answered. "We have kept Edo at peace."

Naoki chuckled lightly," Though I have memories of my past life, and it's been years since I first got them, I still cannot believe I knew the Shinsengumi, the oni, and the shinobi of Edo... Back to the present, my wife had a vision of a fiend named Yiazmat. Of course, I know it has been taken care of, and my apologies for coming to news with it so late," he lowered his head.

"Don't worry about it," Souji waved him off. "Those keyblade kids took care of it."

"Ah that's right, you informed me that [Name] is here?" Naoki looked towards Hanzo who nodded.

"She was injured but Kazama-kun healed her."

"Thank you," your father bowed to the blonde demon who wordlessly nodded back. "And Wasurete?"

"Kid's a brat," Goemon snorted, crossing his arms. "Oh come on, don't give me that look he is!"

"He is," Kyo shrugged and sighed. "So stuck up over that Chiyoko girl.

Sanosuke frowned," He must really trust [Name] hands down."

"That is my fault," the ravenette man sighed. "But...also his for letting his guard down. If it mattered to him who [Name] was, he would know the difference between her and an imposter."

"Ah right," Yamazaki spoke up. "Sir we found two people who know that [Name]-hime is using the alias of Amaya..."

"What are their names?" From the pocket of his kimono sleeve, Toshizo slid forward a folded piece of paper. Naoki took it and opened it, eyes quickly scanning the page before a sharp breath escaped his lips, and he folded it back, handing it to the man. "You forced upon them a death compromise?"

"It's better than us just killing them," Souji pointed out. "Which was—by the way—MY idea; it's much easier."

Heisuke tilted his head to the side," Also...[Name]-hime mentioned a guy named Noasuke dying earlier this week."

"...I know," your father murmured. "...He was not supposed to..."

"Ah, Naoki-heika, the leaders additionally gave [Name]-hime a little option," Rennoshin smiled.

"I have been informed of that... Is that all?"

"Hai."

"Then, allow me to take these students home."

Zoom: Oh My, What Are You Thinking?

Kei exhaled sharply, slamming the door to your room shut, then shaking his head and leaning with his back against it. Numerous thoughts entered his mind, and although he didn't see anything since you covered yourself, he was mentally yelling at himself for carelessly entering your room. Kai—who had come out from the bathroom—was buttoning up his uniform shirt when he spotted his brother whose hair was covering his eyes and framing his face, huffing.

"Yah, hyung," Kai called. When there was no answer, he furrowed his eyebrows and slowly approached the teen," Hyung? ...YAH, HYUNG!"

Kei's head snapped up and he gazed at his brother with wide eyes," Huh? ...Uh, w-what's wrong—is there something wrong?"

"Yeah with you," the younger of the two frowned. "What are you doing?"

"Huh? ...Uh... I was just...telling [Name] that we're kinda running late... Yeah..."

"Oh... What's on your face?" Kai leaned in in amusement.

"Nothing," Kei looked away gritting his teeth as he tensed up against the door. "I—"

"You're blushing!" the younger twin laughed, leaning back and clapping his hands.

"I-I am not!"

"Yes you are! Oh man I can't believe it—you walked in on her getting dressed didn't you!?"

"N-No I—!"

"If you're this red, I wonder what you're thinking about~!"

"YAH, SHUTUP!"

Zoom: Mooglet – December 13, 2012

*[SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe] has created the group*

*[SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe] had named the group 'AMAYA THE AMA'*

xilight: uh...[name]...what?

[SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe]: im lyk soooo sick of dis shit shes getting away with everything I got in trouble with Wasurete cuz of her

Fl@meR: diz iz stupid tho -.- just go beat her up [nickname]

[SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe]: r u serious -.- imma get in more trouble

*[SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe] has logged off*

xilight: shuddap axel o.e look I don't like amaya either but this is jus...getting stupid now

0ElemenT0TerrA0: idk I like this ^^

XBlazingAshesX: freedom of speech bitches xD leave this up [nickname]

*0ElemenT0TerrA0 has joined the group*

*XBlazingAshesX has joined the group*

*Fl@meR has joined the group*

*NOTIFICATION TO ALL USERS: THE GROUP HAS BEEN DELETED BY THE USER [SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe]*

*NOTIFICATION TO ALL USERS: YOU WILL NOW BE REDIRECTED TO [SiLvEr][DrAgOn][NaMe]'S MESSAGE BOARD*

xilight: it happened again...

Fl@meR: smthing iznt rite tho cuz [name] isnt logged in

0ElemenT0TerrA0: Amaya hacked the video last time so I bet she did it again.

Fl@meR: duznt add up

Fl@meR: i herd frm my bro tht she didnt even noe what mooglet wuz plus she hasnt logged on since she made an account

xilight: ...then who?

Zoom: After You Left

Masayoshi's eyes followed your figure as you ran past him in the intersection of the block one of the science classes. He had greeted you, but you seemed not to hear him, and he frowned, gaze retracing your path to the open door of Wasurete's class. The hand around his popsicle stick tightened, and he entered the class, closing the door behind him.

"Nani o shita nodesu ka?" the brunette asked lazily, sitting upon the desk you were once on.

"What are you talking about?" Wasurete looked up from his now mixed food as he chewed a mouthful. He then cocked an eyebrow," It's cold; why are you eating ice cream?"

"Answer my question," Masayoshi pressed, removing the popsicle from his mouth. "Amaya just left your room crying—what did you do to her?"

"I don't even know," the ravenette sighed.

"Don't lie to me Wasurete."

"Really, Masa!" Wasurete slammed his spoon down, another mouthful of food as he spoke. "Don't pull that detective shit on me! I'm not lying! Amaya's really weird, okay?"

"Well...why was she crying then?"

"I bashed on some guy [Name] likes, doesn't like—whatever you wanna call it. She got pissed, stood up for [Name] in a sense, said she hated me, then left. I swear I can't believe this all came from trying to apologize."

"Huh... Really?"

"What did I just say?" your brother whined, pouting. "Drop it already, I'm trynna eat!"

P.O.V.

Kei

I really should have knocked first—how inconsiderate of me to just walk in... I didn't see anything though! I-I didn't notice either! But now the thought of it...is bugging me... Argh, snap out of it Kei-seok—concentrate on what Vexen is saying!

Nine

Amaya seemed a little on edge about her eyes... Oh man, Terra didn't do anything to her did she? I bet she did... Some sister she is—it's going to make me look like a bad guy too.

Noctis

I don't understand... What was she getting so worked up over? I'm making it easy on the team to prove that I can do this move and she's being so stubborn—again! Then she cried...ugh, my day is officially ruined.

Roxas

I'm glad I could help—even a little. I feel guilty for not intervening during lunch, so this was the least I could do.

Trey

Amaya has [color] eyes...they're not silver... She wasn't wearing her glasses today and I was sitting next to her...I could see she wasn't wearing any contacts either... What is she hiding? ...She couldn't be the Silver Dragon Legend...could she? After all she was flustered... Nah, who am I kidding? Psh, legends are legends!

Zell

The only person I know who doesn't accept free work done is Zexion. I don't mind not turning it in, but looking at Amaya's face...I feel like I could do something more to help her... She looked like she was crying.

Zexion

It's good to see Amaya is in good spirits about her new job. I wish her luck in it. After all, she does have to put up with Zack and Axel again.

---------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm so sorry about the lame filler—I'll have a better chapter up next Dx Thanks for reading :D

Translations

Heika – (Japanese) Your majesty

Hai – (Japanese) Yes

Yah – (Korean) Yo, hey

Hyung – (Korean) Older brother of a male

Nani o shita nodesu ka – (Japanese) What did you do

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
101 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...
25.9K 717 20
A depressed girl who only wanted to be accepted after losing the people who loved you most. Right when you were about to end it all, your knight in s...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...