The Snake Princess (Magi Fanf...

By alexinwhite

*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* *3rd place winner of MagiWA 2017 in Sinbad category* Amirah... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one

Chapter twenty one

2.7K 113 30
By alexinwhite

Chapter twenty one

Zaahira stopped running as the pair entered a more isolated area of the training grounds. She let go of Amirah's hand, twirling around to give her a wide grin.

"What's so amusing?" Amirah asked with a raised brow. "And why did you drag me here so suddenly?"

Zaahira smiled menacingly, "So remember when we first got here and you told me that if you ever fell for King Sinbad that I should stop you?"

Amirah glanced around, shuffling her feet, "Yes...?"

"Well~" Zaahira raised her staff, pointing it at Amriah. Her intentions weren't ill, of course, she was merely playing. It still worried the princess, who raised her hands and shook her head:

"I-It's not like that at all!"

"Really? 'Cause to me it looks like you really like him."

"I don't! I-"

"Ooh~ Does Amirah have a boyfriend already~?" She was cut off as Sharrkan overheard their talk and strolled over. "Don't I have to approve or something first?"

Amirah blushed, insisting, "I don't like King Sinbad like that, okay?!"

Sharrkan's jaw dropped, "You like King Sinbad?!"

"She does!" Zaahira chirped.

"No I don't!" Zaahira giggled and continued to tease her, Sharrkan joining in. "H-Hey what about you and Yamraiha, Sharrkan?! You're in love with her, aren't you?" Two -or three- could play at that game.

Sharrkan froze mid-sentence, a blush creeping onto his cheeks and dusting the tips of his ears. "W-What are you talking about? Of course I don't like that idiot!"

Zaahira looked between the siblings as they argued. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off as Amirah's attention snapped back to her:

"And you! You and Ja'far are rather chummy, right?!" Amirah rambled on, her hands clasped against her chest as she called the pair out. After a while, Zaahira and Sharrkan got over their embarrassment and gave each other a look- bursting into laughter. Amirah's rant stuttered to a halt, "Why are you laughing?!"

Sharrkan sobered some, answering: "It's just-" He laughed some more. Although it wasn't in a mocking manner anymore, more so happiness.

"You're never like this, Princess," Zaahira spoke for him, smiling warmly.

"Yeah," Sharrkan nodded, finding his composure. "Back in Heliohapt you were so serious all the time. It was like you didn't have emotions." Amirah frowned.

Zaahira continued, "Even when we first got here you were like that. Now, you've changed a lot. I mean look at your clothes!"

Amirah subcutaneously covered her stomach, muttering, "I'm not that different..."

"Sure you are!" Sharrkan spoke, "I don't think I've ever heard you mutter before now."

The princess thought it over. Thinking back, she did recall being as they described. Unhappy and bored, she focused her energy on her studies, to the point where she had mastered them all. She'd never been forced to act in a certain way, but instead had applied her 'how to act as a princess' rules to herself. They were practically engraved into her coding now, but it seemed the files were growing outdated.

A thoughtful, genuine, smile spread across Amirah's lips. "I suppose you're right." She was silent for a moment. She had made a decision. "Not to ruin the mood, but... I want to explain everything to both of you."

Zaahira and Sharrkan's smiles faded into surprise. Zaahira spoke first, "Want to head to my room, then? It's private."

Amirah nodded, and the three set off.

~

When Amirah finished explaining her story of her kidnapping, she was surprisingly calm. A bit fidgety, but generally alright. Content. She had finally gotten everything off her chest; she wasn't alone anymore.

On the other hand, Zaahira was a wreck. "I'm so sorry, Princess A-Amirah... If I had just- just done something that wouldn't have happened..." Tears ran down her cheeks, and Amirah felt her heart sink at the sight.

"No, Zaahira..." Amirah reached out to rest a hand on her shoulder. She glanced over at Sharrkan -who had been oddly quiet- and froze. After Zaahira began crying he quickly followed suit, though he tried to hide it.

Amirah suddenly regretted every word she had said. She didn't want to see them like that. She hung her head, mumbling, "Sorry..."

"Don't be," Sharrkan spoke. "We should've looked harder for you. We could've..."

"N-Nothing can change what happened," Amirah was trying to convince herself as well as them. She could imagine how her brother felt. Although she didn't believe him, she could imagine he thought he was horrible for 'not being there for her' throughout the years. And Zaahira, she had been right there when it happened. Amirah knew nothing she could've done would have prevented anything. In the worst case- they would've both been captured, and then what? No one would have been there to warn Sinbad and the generals, and they would quite possibly still have been in their captor's grasp.

Amirah told exactly that to the blonde, who hiccuped and muttered an agreement in response. As for Sharrkan, Amirah didn't know what to say. But her entire being wanted him to not be upset or guilty about it.

Before she got the chance to find her words, Sharrkan spoke again, "We'll kick their asses for you, alright? That's a promise."

Amirah laughed. It was weak and sad just like the mood. Then a glimmer of determination sparked in the princess' eyes, "We'll kick their asses together. I will master djinn equipping and witness their destruction."

Zaahira smiled, "I'll have to get working on my magic, then!"

"You better not fall behind," Amirah teased.

"I won't! So long as you admit your feelings for King Sinbad~" Another cheeky grin.

"You'll be a novice forever then!"

And for once, Amirah had a quiet and complacent night sleep.

~

Author's Note-

This chapter is really cute and sad and while writing it all I could think of was Sharrkan in the recent Magi chapter ;-; *Spoilers*

LOOK AT HOW SAD HE IS IT MAKES ME SAD

*screaming*

Edit: I was crying over Sharrkan so much I forgot to ask if there was anything you guys wanted to see in this fic for like filler chapters or anything. I've got plans but I feel it's too soon? Probably not but any ideas are welcome~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 9.5K 30
After years of hiding, Princess (Y/N) gets a lucky break. A mysterious man shows up offering her a way out, and she takes it, hoping she'll manage to...
46.6K 2.1K 26
𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 ☘︎ 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊: 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 ☘︎ 𝒔𝒆�...
58.1K 1.7K 90
Previously known as Magi: Cinderella's Spell Escapade 1: The Adventures of Sinbad Yrif Kingdom was a prosperous country that grew under the wings of...
77.9K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...