Wentworth's Baron

By IreanneChambers

LADY HENRIETTA WENTWORTH is not interested in the dictates of the day relating to marriage. Satisfied with h... More

Wentworth's Baron - Chapter One - Lady Henrietta Wentworth
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Two - Alexander Durham Barrington
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Three - Harlaxton House
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Four - Lord William Wentworth
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Five - "A Capital Idea"
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Six - Bath
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Seven - Plans Come Together
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Eight - The Circus
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Nine - Deception
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Ten - Revelation
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Eleven - Sir Lewis Rockingham
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Twelve - Invitation
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Thirteen - The Mask
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Fourteen - The Ascension
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Fifteen - The Scandal
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Sixteen - Back at Wentworth Hall
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Seventeen - Festivities Begin
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Eighteen - The Truth Sets In
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Nineteen - What Now?
Wentworth's Baron - Chapter Twenty - The Day Arrives

Wentworth's Baron - Epilogue

24.7K 882 96
By IreanneChambers

EPILOGUE

            Alexander and Henrietta sat on the bench in her favorite part of her mother’s garden near the lavender patch.  It was hard to believe it has been a year since their marriage.  Alexander held his wife in his arms softly whispering stories of his childhood as he caressed his wife’s stomach and their unborn child. 

            “Don’t forget to tell her how you deceived her mother,” she said playfully. 

            “Deceived his mother?  What about how his mother refused to even meet his father until the day of their marriage?”  replied Alexander.

            Henrietta let out a wail of laughter as the baby squirmed in her belly.  “Well, I guess father was right.” 

            “Right about what, my love?” said Alexander.  “Well, on the day of our wedding he told me that if I could hold my temper should it threaten to erupt, that I would be greatly diverted and pleased.”

            “Your father said that?  Well, have you been greatly diverted and pleased?”  asked Alexander with a mischievous grin.

            Henrietta laughed.  “Oh, very much so, every day my love.” 

            Alexander leaned over and kissed her softly when Henrietta jumped suddenly and looked in her husband’s eyes said softly, “It’s time.”

            “Mmm.  It’s time.” Alexander repeated as he relished in the smell of her hair that smelled of lavender.

            “My love, I mean it’s time,” looking down at the movement in her midsection.

            “Oh! It’s time!” as he jumped up and yelled for the servants to get the midwife, he whisked his wife away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Chasing Charlotte By Em

Historical Fiction

342K 14.3K 19
Charlotte Cecil was always a beauty, elegant and refined in disposition. However, the moment she opens her mouth, all propriety of a lady is thrown o...
199K 9.2K 14
(COMPLETED) It's 1817 and there is nothing more a woman wants than to marry a rich man and live a life of comfort. But not Nancy Brooks. Having spe...
160K 8.5K 22
At the time of the Great revolt of 1857, Julia's parents make her leave India to go to England and stay with her grandfather. Julia is headstrong and...
Lady Parker By theafasano

Historical Fiction

36.7K 1.1K 62
The rake Mister Jonathan Pine has one thing in mind for this London season. He will marry a young widow who is pleasant and experienced enough to kee...