The Broken Badboy

Per jess221199

"How much of that did you hear?" "Everything after 'he's in the guest bedroom' " Great, that means he heard... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 4

5.8K 158 4
Per jess221199

I woke up the next morning and looked into the room where Nate was sleeping. He wasn't there so I just went to get ready and assumed that he has left already.

He probably didn't want to be seen with me any more than he already has been.

I threw on a pair of black leggings, a white tank top and a random baggy jumper that looks comfortable and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and had the biggest shock of my life when I saw Nate cooking something. I sniffed a little and smelt bacon. "Oh my god, that smells so good!" I said as I sat down. He placed a plate in front of me and I looked at it in confusion. "You made me some?" I asked.

"It's your house, and your food." He shrugged. I nodded and ate the bacon that he had put into perfectly cooked bread.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I asked.

"When I was little remember? My Mum made me take those boring cooking classes." He replied.

"Oh yeah," I laughed "and you always moaned that the teachers breath always smelt like smelly cheese."

"It did I swear. I'm not even exaggerating." He laughed. We both slowed down our laughter and then sat in an awkward silence as we finished our food.

"Your going to wear that to school?" He asked as he looked at my jumper.

"Yeah, why?" I replied. "It's comfortable." I added with a shrug.

"It is not fashionable." He replied.

"Nothing I wear to school is fashionable, it's not meant to be. Remember what happens if I do wear something 'fashionable'?" I asked.

"Oh, right." He replied.

"Yeah." I sighed. We sat in awkward silence for a minute.

"Look, Maya, i'm-'

"Don't say you're sorry." I replied.

"What?" He asked.

"Don't say that you're sorry. " I repeated. "You said it once before then went and did the thing that you were supposedly sorry for, again. How am I supposed to believe you when you run around doing things like that?" I asked.

"I know I went against my apology but I promise it won't happen again." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"You're right, it won't happen again. Because I refuse to accept another apology from you." I told him as i got up and washed my plate up. I then grabbed an apple and a drink of water out of the fridge and a packet of crisps out of the cupboard for my lunch.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't trust you." I replied.

"No I get the apology thing, I mean why the food?" He asked. "Why not eat in the canteen?"

"Because the canteen equals people and people equal humiliation and that is not on my schedule for today." I replied.

"Wow, I really made your life rotten didn't I." He said as he looked to the ground and shuffled his feet.

"Yup, I had to change the way I lived my whole life. Adjust the time I do things so it doesn't clash with the time others from school do. I had to start wearing baggy clothes and stuff like I am now so people don't make fun of me, didn't work by the way. I had to start eating in the libray, stop messaging people. Others left because of my unpopularity. I work alone in class and walk alone in the corridors which is the complete opposite of primary where I had mates that I could rely on and trust. People I trusted started telling my secrets and I gave up on trying to stop them. Rumors have been made numerous of times. But it's okay, you guys have your fun right? I live my life happily and alone where no one I care about can hurt me. It's easier this way." I explained.

He looked sorry for me and I told him to stop. "You don't have to feel sorry for me, I've adjusted, it's all cool." I added.

"No, it's not 'all cool' it's far from it. I never knew what I started had such a huge effect on you." He replied.

"It is all cool, now come on, just leave it." I replied as I walked to the door.

"Are we taking the car today?" He asked.

"No why?" I asked.

"Because your car has seat warmers and a nice smell, the bus doesn't." He replied.

"We can't take my car, if people see us arrive together then it will mess everything up. That can't happen. We can not be seen together,you know that it's why you said all that stuff about me in town." I replied.

"Do you not want to take the car because you don't want to be seen with me or because you don't want me to be seen with you?" He asked.

"Are they not the same thing?" I asked.

"No, one is you not wanting to be seen with me to make your life easier and the other is so i'm not seen with you to save my popularity." He replied.

I rolled my eyes."Both, now lets get to the bus stop." I said as I grabbed my school bag, shoved my food in and walked out.

We parted ways after the bus with me hanging behind for extra safety and then he came up to me in the halls and insulted me like usual but it wasn't as harsh as expected. He just commented on my clothes. I could tell that his little mates were thinking the same by the look on their faces.

"Yo dude, what was that?" I heard one of them say.

"I don't know man, I couldn't think of anything to say today." He replied as if that was usual for him.

His little followers nodded and they walked too far away for me to hear their conversation.

At lunch, I sat myself in the library in my favorite reading spot. It was right by the window and I could see the whole school field from here. There is a window seat that I sit on and read and I occasionally watch the other students mess around outside, enjoying the bliss summer sun. I pulled my water bottle out of my bag and I had a little sip. Just then, I felt someones presence by me so I turned away from the window to see Nate standing over me.

"Nate?" I asked.

"Come on, come with me." He said as he pulled my book away from my hands.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I shoved my things back into my bag and stood up.

"The canteen." He replied as he started walking away from me.

"No, I can't go in there." I replied. "Especially not with you." I added.

"Why not?" He asked as he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the library.

"Because I can't. Going in there with you is like social death which is crazy because I don't think I can get any lower than I already am." I replied with a nervous laugh.

"I'm starting to think that this is about more than just the canteen." He said as he stopped walking and turned around to face me.

I sighed and looked at the ground.

"What is it Maya?" He asked.

"Well, remember how I used to be friends with Tiffany at the very start of school here?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Well, she had a huge crush on you but hated that you were my friend which is why she joined in with you and your torment of me. She told me that if she sees me with you again then she'll make my life worse at school." I explained.

"She said what?" He asked angrily.

"Woah, why are you so mad?" I asked.

"Because I am, okay?" He said as he turned around and balled his hand into a fist.

"Hey hey hey hey, what's this for?" I asked as I grabbed his fist and held it up to his face.

"She should have never sad that to you." He said as anger passed through his eyes.

"Calm down, it's fine." I said as I grabbed his hand again and un-balled his fist.

He shook himself a little before grabbing my hand again and walking me straight into the canteen. People started to stare and I practically shrunk behind Nate. "I want to go back to the library." I whispered to him as he lead me to his table.

"I don't care." He replied as he sat me down. "Guys, Maya will be joining us today. Play nice." He looked Tiffany dead in the eye as he said is last few words. "Don't want anyone getting hurt now do we."

I wasn't sure if he meant physically or mentally but I know that I don't want to find out. I saw the hatred flash through her eyes as he sat down next to me. I guess she hasn't got over her crush.

"What she doing here?" One of his plastics asked.

"Well, I thought we should give her a day to live without our torment." He replied.

"What?" Me and the plastics all chourused.

"Yeah, she listens to our insults and things so I thought that we should let her have one day where she gets to live normally." He added.

"Nate, are you feeling okay?" Tiffany asked.

"I'm feeling fine." He replied.

I was wondering when this conversation was going to end and while doing that, I switched my attention to the people behind me. I heard whispers and people asking why I was at Nate's table. There were also nasty comments thrown in, some worse than others.

"Yeah, i'm going to go, I never wanted to be here in the first place." I said as i grabbed my bag and stood up. "No offence." I added before I speed walked out of the room.

I walked back to the library and spent the rest of lunch there.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

305K 7.7K 31
Courtney Smith was a regular little girl. But when a mystery man comes and kills her parents in front of her when she was 5 years old. She learns abo...
Motorcycle Girl Per Ailia

Novel·la juvenil

795K 24.7K 30
Love never came easily for Nathan Reed. Growing up, when his friends would get girlfriends, he would always be the single one. He would be the one th...
Read My Lips Per Katie

Novel·la juvenil

3.7M 108K 29
Maisie's deaf, she understands what everyone is saying to her by reading their lips. But, high school wasn't easy for her. Been the new girl is alway...
1.5K 25 11
"I hate you," she muttered and I was taken aback. I looked at the guys for a quick second and back at her. "W-" "Don't ever scare me like tha...