Chapter 11

Monday morning, I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a white crop top. I pulled on my roches and then did my make up and my hair. Nate walked into my room and asked if I was ready to go. "You look good." He added as I nodded and walked towards him. I smiled as his compliment and then grabbed my bag. I placed my makeup bag inside and then we walked downstairs and out the door to the bus stop.

We got to school and walked through the gates, hand in hand. People were staring and I started to notice. "Everybody is looking at us." I told Nathan. He shrugged and we approached Tiffany and the rest of his old friendship group.

She must have seen us in the corner of her eye because she quickly turned her head and looked straight at us. Her piercing gaze went between me and him and eventually landed on our hands.

She stormed up to him. "Nate." She said sweetly as she batted her eyelashes, "What's going on? Why are you with her?" She asked as she put her hands over his chest and brought her face close to his. He took a step back but she just followed.

"No Tiffany." He said as he took another step away.

"I thought you loved me?" She asked.

"I never said that? I told you it wasn't going to work, not sure what you heard, but thats what I said." He told her. She huffed and looked at me.

"So, you could have had me, but you chose her?"

She said her as if I was a bit of dirt on her shoe, a knot in her hair, a pain in her ass. Then again, she acted this way towards anyone that isn't in her group. I didn't take it personally, which annoyed her.

"Yes, I did, so go away." He replied and I smiled at him.

"And if I don't?" She asked as she put her hand on his chest.

"Then i'll be forced to physically remove you myself." I butted in. "And we wouldn't want that. My mum forced me to take karate and other defense classes when I was younger. Completed each and every class, never missed one. I wouldn't purposely cross me by hitting on my boyfriend." I told her.

She huffed and walked off. "Glad that's sorted." I said.

"You didn't take defense classes, did you?" Nate asked.

"Nope, but she doesn't know that." I said with a cheeky smile. Nate chuckled a little and shook his head with a smile.

We carried on walking down the hall. More and more people were staring and whispering and saying things like "Wasn't he bullying her last week?" and "How did those two end up together?"

He walked me to my locker and then to registration and then after classes, we met up at lunch with the mathletes. We did preperation for the competition that we were in on Friday, we miss a whole day of school hallelujah.

The week went like this and on wednesday, we decided to go into town and get chips. Me and Nate shared a portion and so did the others. It was so fun relaxing at the park with my friends and Nate. If you had told me two months ago that I would be dating him and have friends I would have told you that you are crazy. Nate grabbed my hand and made me sit on his lap.

"I love you." He whispered into my hair. We have been saying it to each other every now and then over the past week as if we are going to forget it.

I turned my head and kissed him. We were both smiling and when we pulled away, I said I love you back and we kissed again.

"Yuck." I heard Dean joke. I had quickly learnt that Dean wasn't the relationship type. 'Too much commitment and mushy stuff' apparently. I think they are brilliant once you've found the right person.

---------------------------------------------------------

That night, as I was sleeping, Nate crept into my room and woke me up. "Can I sleep in here, with you?" He asked.

I nodded and moved over a little since I was in the middle of the bed. He lay down and wrapped his arms around me. "Goodnight baby." He whspered. I cringed.

"Don't do that." I said.

"Do what?"

Call me baby." I replied. "Or babe, or your queen or little pet names, I don't like it. Call me princess if you must, or my name, I like the way you say my name." I added.

"Okay, goodnight Maya." He said as he kissed my neck. I felt him smile against it and I smiled too.

"Goodnight Nate." I said and I drifted straight back to sleep.