Underestimate Me ⇝ anakin sky...

By cuddlyhemmings

I dare you. highest rank(s): #1 anakinskywalker #1 in fanfiction (it was like for an hour, but it still co... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
Epilogue.
Thank you.
Sequel.

59.

23.2K 650 401
By cuddlyhemmings

We got back to Coruscant. Turns out Anakin was harboring some information that could tip the scale of the war to whichever side knows it. He found the coordinates of the Nexus route. He was instructed not to say anything to anyone until he got back to the temple.

When we counted the heads from the escape pods we also learned we lost Captain Rex, who we assume has been captured along with Anakin.

The council has, after much convincing, appointed Obi-Wan and I to spearhead this mission. With Master Plo and Master Windu at the temple in case we need them.

"They've narrowed down 3 possible locations they could be holding Anakin and Rex." I said as we made our way from the briefing.

"My greatest concern is infiltrating their outer security. Their life form scanners will not be easy to fool." Obi-Wan stroked his beard.

"I have an idea about that.." I smiled, excited.

"Hey! Sorry we're late, we just heard about the briefing, we'll go prepare the ships, brief us on the way there!" Caleb said. Ahsoka not far behind him.

"What? Where are you going?" I asked him, grabbing his head and pulling him back before he could run away.

"To prepare the ships." He repeated.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, but we've decided you can't come on this mission." I told them, "It's too dangerous."

"But that's exactly why we should go, to help!" Caleb defended.

"But you're breaking into the Citadel, nobody has ever done that before." Ahsoka pleaded.

"The Citadel was not created to hold common criminals. It was created to hold Jedi. Now it's used to torture them. It is not a place for padawans." I told them.

"With all do respect, that's my Master in there. I want to help get him out." Ahsoka pleaded with me. I felt horrible, but it was for both of their safety.

"And you're being protective of me. How am I supposed to learn from you if I'm never allowed on any missions?" Caleb added,

"This is not a mission for learning. You either do or die, and that is not a risk I am willing to share." I told him, then turned to Ahsoka, "You know as well as I do, that Anakin wouldn't forgive us if we let you come along and risk your life for him. I'm sorry. We'll be back soon enough." Then I left them.

The plan was good if we execute this correctly.

First step is the carbon freeze. This was my idea to get past the life form scanners the have. R2 has 3 battle droids that have been reprogrammed to follow his orders. This will be our ticket into the Citadel.

"I've never been Carbon frozen before." Echo said.

"This is a first time for everyone, I believe." I told him.

"So this was your idea, (Y/N), carbon freezing?" Obi-Wan stood on his platform as I calmly walked to mine.

"Hey, you said you wanted to get past those life form scanners, and I don't hear you coming up with any ideas?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Are you sure this is safe? I don't want to end up as a wall decoration." Fives asked.

"Try to relax, when you wake up we'll be in the Citadel." Obi-Wan calms him.

I fold my hands and close my eyes. We are lowered and then freezing air hits my body. Then darkness.

~

I felt warmth come back into my body. We had made it to the side of the facility on a cliff. Below was yellow lava. The Citadel was known for being a planet with no escape, one half of the planet had consumed itself. The air was constantly thin.

"We made it." I rubbed my neck, I felt so stiff. I saw Ahsoka next to me.

"Hi Ahsoka." I said, then I remembered I specifically told her to stay at the temple. She could've just compromised this whole mission! Was she crazy?

"Do I have carbon sickness because I can swear that's Ahsoka." Obi-Wan said.

"You're eyes are fine. It's Ahsoka's hearing that needs to be checked." I said. I felt so angry.

"I received orders to join the team, I thought you knew?" She said looking away from me.

"Orders? From who?" I asked.

"I discussed it with Master Plo." She told me.

"Huh, well he didn't tell me." I put my hands on my hips, I could tell she was lying.

"You were already in carbonate." She shrugged.

"I just know that the council and I gave you direct orders not to come." I shook my head. What would Anakin say if he saw this.

"If there's one thing I've learned from Master Skywalker, and you, it's that following direct orders isn't always the best way to solve a problem." She looked at her feet. She had a point. Anakin and I were known for finding the loopholes in orders. The few weeks Ahsoka and I spent on Onderon together, I especially didn't ever follow direct orders.

I could just imagine what Anakin will say to me when he sees that she came. I told him I'd never let anything happen to her.

"I see yours and Anakins teaching methods have been 'do as I say, not as I do.'" Obi-Wan chuckled, "The important thing is that she's here, welcome aboard." He clapped a hand on her shoulder.

"Caleb didn't come with you, right?" I clarify, hoping for no more suprises.

"No, he wouldn't go against you." She said, suggesting he tried to talk her out of it.

"At least one of you listened to me." I sighed.
"Guard the shuttle R2, I'll contact you when we're ready for take off." I told R2 and his droids.

We packed up our weapons needed and bags and began walking towards the access point. There was a small opening in the rock wall on the east side, which is where we were headed now.

We sat on the dead end of the ledge. I brought our my binoculars and looked across the wall.

"I see the entry point." I tell them. I see the way up is blockaded in electro mines.

"You were right, the wind conditions are too heavy for jet packs." Echo said.

"Yup, we'll have to do it the old fashioned way: a grappling hook and a steel grip." Obi-Wan smirked, but I had to turn that down.

"Not even that." I said, handing him the binoculars, "The wall is covered in electo mines. There's no where to put a grappling hook at that height, and we hit one of those things and we can forget this mission. They'll know we're here." I tell him. I can see him getting slightly frustrated from all these surprises.

"Well then, free climbing it is then." Ahsoka says. Obi-Wan and I sigh, taking our stuff again.

We begin our climb, being pregnant in no way helps me here. I can feel my stomach churning from the heights as well as my palms feel particularly clammy. I was worried sick, about this baby, about Ahsoka, about Obi-Wan. All the people Anakin really cared about were here. I couldn't let anything happen to any of them. I never want to see him in pain, again. I need him back home.

We finally reached the top. I was near the bottom of the lot from feeling so, you know, pregnant.

"They locked the doors!" Obi-Wan yelled down, "They're ray shielded!"

"Ray shielded?! That wasn't part of the plan!" I say, hating all these surprises.

"Well it is now!" Obi-Wan said.

"Isn't there an entry point up there?" Ahsoka pointed out from above us.

"It's the ventilation pipes. But they're far too small for any of us to fit." Obi-Wan said.

"Maybe too small for you, but I'm the smallest, maybe I can get in." She said.

"We didn't plan on Ahsoka being here, but that might be our only hope." Obi-Wan said.

"Alright. Be careful." I told her, and off she went.

We hung in there for maybe a minute, although to me it felt like 30. Then Obi-Wan made the motion for us to join him. We all began to help each other up. Obi-Wan and Fives got me onto the platform.

"See? I can handle myself just fine. My master has taught me well." She boasts. I only roll my eyes, I can't argue that she did good getting us in here.

Then I hear a thud.

  "Charges! Charges no!" I heard Heavy yell after him. I rushed to the side of the platform and watched as Charges fell onto one of the electro mines. I had to turn away from his dying body heading toward the lava.

"Well, they know we're here." Obi-Wan said, sadly as the loud siren began to go off.

"That sound's like another fun addition to the plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

550K 12.3K 69
"𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠." 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 �...
7.4K 427 8
Ominis Gaunt has a past and a family that shadows his life, a soul burdened with guilt he never believes can be forgiven. Wren Harding has never know...
797K 31.4K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
5K 233 18
"Who told you to touch my things?" He yelled at me "let me clear one thing for you I said yes for this engagement just because of my mother so don't...