The Memoriam Files: Minds [ED...

By Unlock-Your-Mind

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒉 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 π’•π’‰π’†π’Šπ’“ π’Žπ’Šπ’π’…π’”." π“π‡π„π˜ should have been free. They sh... More

π™Όπ™Έπ™½π™³πš‚
π™Ώπ™»π™°πšˆπ™»π™Έπš‚πšƒ
| πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟷
| πšŒπš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› 𝟸
| Chapter 4, Joining forces
| Chapter 5, Dream landscape
| Chapter 6, Through the Flat Trans
| Chapter 7, The tunnel
| Chapter 8, Scorch and trials
| Chapter 9, Tattoos
| Chapter 10, Two strangers
| Chapter 11, Sisters
| Chapter 12, Possessed
| Chapter 13, Dust and sand
| Chapter 14, Memories
| Chapter 15, Lightning and thunder
| Chapter 16, Calm after the storm
| Chapter 17, Jorge and his Cranks
| Chapter 18, A deal
| Chapter 19, Seperated
| Chapter 20, Fighting monsters, battling demons
| Chapter 21, Lost souls
| Chapter 22, Let's hurt tonight
| Chapter 23, Monsters and humans
| Chapter 24, Rose took my nose
| Chapter 25, The killer inside
| Chapter 26, A friend
| Chapter 27, Alive
| Chapter 28, The real leader
| Chapter 29, Invitation
| Chapter 30, Party with the Gone
| Chapter 31, Rescued
| Chapter 32, Young Gods
| Chapter 33, The journey continues
| Chapter 34, Group B
| Chapter 35, Fallen Angel
| Chapter 36, The last few miles
| Chapter 37, Awaiting the storm
| Chapter 38, Fighting the odds
| Chapter 39, Bleeding out
| Chapter 40, Goodbye
Word of thanks!

| πš™πš›πš˜πš•πš˜πšπšžπšŽ

676 26 16
By Unlock-Your-Mind

2 years ago
8:47 a.m

Forty boys were lined up along the walls of the hallway. She scanned their faces, the faces of the most important people in her life. She still wondered how she would ever be able to look at them again. If they only knew what she had done...

Someone came standing next to her. A presence that was very familiar and welcoming to her. 'Hallo Thomas,' she said. 

He didn't respond and simply watched the Subjects before them. She could basically feel the guilt radiating from him. They were waiting for their final medical examinations. Because tomorrow was the day they'd all been waiting for. Tomorrow they'd enter the Maze. 

'Look at Minho,' Thomas softly spoke.

She frowned and followed his gaze. The Asian boy reminded her of a loaded gun. His muscles tensed as if he were about to jump into action. Her breath stopped. He wouldn't try something, would he? Not after last time...

'Come on,' she said. Determined to protect her friends for as long as possible, but a sudden noise startled her and made her turn to look at the door.

Two guards came storming in, carrying Newt with them. He was struggling, tears streaming down his face. But the guards carried him as though he weighed nothing and his struggles were only as annoying as a fly zooming around their heads. They put him in the line, right behind Minho and left the room. Newt was trembling, his hands clenched at his sides.

And just when the calm seemed to have returned, someone else came storming into the observation room. Familiar brown curls brushed past her as Lisa watched Dawn make a straight line towards Newt. He took her hand firmly in his and gave her a tight lipped smile.

Lisa could picture perfectly what probably happened only minutes before. Of course Newt would've been with Dawn, saying goodbye before he'd be sent with the first group into the Maze. But, knowing her, she had decided she wasn't going to let him face this alone. She'd never actually realised how much Newt meant to her. But now she did and it made what she had to do next only that more painful.

She gave Thomas a look and he understood her intentions immediately, following her as she walked towards the line. Teresa was right on their heels, a shadow she'd never been able to shake.

The three of them came to a halt at Minho's side. She put her hand on his shoulder and her stomach ached when he winced beneath her touch. 'It's okay,' she said, not knowing where the words came from. She wasn't good with words. Words were her sister's talent, but right now she had to do the talking. For her sister was too busy pulling herself together. 'Don't make it worse by fighting them. Everything will be fine inside the Maze. You'll see.'

Minho looked at her, his eyes pierced right through her soul. She knew she was selling an awful lie but there was nothing else to say. Her plans couldn't be carried out yet, it would only get a lot of people killed. Lisa barely even knew Minho and yet letting him go felt wrong.

'Aren't you going in with us?' He suddenly asked.

Behind them Dawn's head snapped up, she let go of Newt and walked towards them. She was always ready to comfort her friends. 'Not yet,' she said, determined. 'But we will.' Dawn turned to look at her, Thomas and Teresa. 'Right guys?'

Lisa turned her eyes to her feet, unable to meet her gaze. Thomas looked away and Teresa kept her face emotionless. Their silence was enough. They weren't coming and everyone knew it now.

She had to play along, act like she was the bad guy. Only that way the Right Arm would have enough time to grow and become stronger.

A flash of anger crossed Minho's face. 'Seriously? So you're telling me not to fight them? Are sure you don't mean us? Whose side are you guys on?' 

A sharp pain, like a knife, crossed Lisa's chest but she didn't respond.

Alby, just a feet down the hall, turned to look at them. 'Yeah,' he said. 'Good point, if you ask me. You're just gonna throw us into a big experiment, then go back to your cush bed and relax? Were you ever going to tell us? Or just let us think you were going in, then, surprise!'

Lisa had no idea what to say. There was nothing she could say to comfort them. WICKED would know she was up to something. She had to play her part, but it was becoming harder everyday. Especially when the people you were trying to save were calling you evil.

'What? Forget the script you're supposed to follow?' Alby asked. 'Or are you just worried about upsetting your buddies?' He nodded towards the guards, doctors and nurses, who all continued their work as if nothing was happening. As if the world wasn't falling apart around her.

'Guys, come on,' Teresa said. 'We're no different from anyone else. We just do as they ask.' 

'Say whatever makes you feel better,' Alby responded, folding his arms and looking away. 

And the truth was clear as day. They were different. They were not going in the Maze. They were WICKED's little puppets who did everything that was being asked of them. Even Newt looked angry. Newt who never judged anyone, always ready to give advice or cheer you up, even he was angry at them now. 

Minho pushed Lisa's hand off his shoulder, she hadn't even noticed it was still there. 'Alby's right,' he said. 'I've tried to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Figured you were going to be able to help us. But now it's obvious what you're doing. You've been helping them the whole time.'

Lisa swallowed thickly, forcing herself to stay silent. It wasn't worth it, cheering her friends up wasn't worth exposing her plans.

'Minho, listen-' Dawn began. 

'Get out of my face!' He yelled.

She wanted to do something. Scream. Attack the guards. Burn the building down. And bring them all to safety. But all she did was watch, frozen, helpless, as her anger roared inside of her, as they took her friends away.

| 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴 |

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this first chapter! Please leave a vote or a comment, I would love that! And please share your ideas about what will happen to Dawn and Lisa.

And just to be clear, this chapter happens precisely after the prologue from the prequel: Dreams. So read that if you need a refresher :)

xx nelly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 3K 25
❛The lost dreams are buried in my sleep for him, And this was the ecstasy of a love forgotten❜ Highest Ranking: #2 scorchtrials The Ever Series...
123K 3.6K 30
β€³ i knew it would all come crashing down when i came to the point where i would leave the whole world behind for you. • [Winner of the E-Awards: "Be...
272K 5.6K 55
You wake up in the Glade, just like everyone else did. Except, you're the only girl. You end up becoming friends with almost everyone, and become ver...
4.6K 101 25
|The conclusion to the Edge of Insanity Trilogy| a Minho/TMR fanfiction After escaping the Maze and WCKD's trials, Ari and her friends thought they...