The Howls Of The Night. { Wer...

By Maroon1479

When Shawn was fourteen, his brother, Travis, changed into him into a werewolf so he'll be strong and defend... More

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Prologue.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Ten.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eleven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twevle.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fourteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fifteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Sixteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seventeen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eighteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nineteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty-Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Epilogue.

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirteen.

32.7K 735 66
By Maroon1479

Makenna:

I stretched my body as I woke up and felt my muscles tense up. I heard 'cracking' sounds and when they stopped, I sat up on my bed an rubbed my eyes from sleep. I looked at my clock and notice it was elven o'clock. I sighed and ran my fingers threw my hair.

I had an okay sleep, but I wish I was still next to Shawn. When I was sleeping next to him, I felt so comfortable and just wanted to snuggle up closer--if possible--to his body and just sleep. Ugh, I hate how my mom wanted me home.

I got up from my bed and I stumbled over to the door, almost tripping from sleep. I heard noises from the kitchen and it sounded like it was coming from the stove. Delicious mouth watering food filled my mouth and it only made me walk a little faster to the kitchen.

As I walked passed the living room, they're was a pillow and blanket on the sofa. I walked into the kitchen and my nose scrunched up in annoyance when I saw my mom at the stove cooking, but Dylan beind her with his arms around her waist. I finally heard her giggle.

I couldn't help the imagine of them together--naked. I shuddered, "Your cooking?",

My mom and Dylan turned around shocked. My mom stepped out of Dylan arms and smiled, "I am. I know, it's bin a long time.", she said as she walked up to me.

It has been a long time. Two years actually. My mom use to cook everyday right before my dad died, then she stopped since she had to work at lot and never had time to. My mom was the best at cooking and I missed it and her chocolate chip with strawberry pancakes. Damn, it made my mouth water more just at the thought.

My mom leaned down and kissed my forehead, "You hungry? I'm making your favorite. Chocolate chip and strawberry with bacon and eggs.",

"Uh, um, okay.", I said and starting rubbing my arm now. I looked at Dylan, "Did...did you sleep over?", I asked, pointing at the blanket and pillow in the living room.

He nodded his head and smiled, "Yes. I wanted to be here when you woke up.",

"Um...okay?", I said, a little confused. I don't know why, but I just am. I looked up at my mom, "Don't you have to work today?",

She shook her head, "I took the day off. I want to talk to you, about last night.",

I groaned and rolled my eyes, "I rather not relive coming home and walking in on you guys.",

My mom gave me a nervous chuckle, "Um, not that. But let me just say, it was unexpected. He just showed up and we talk and next thing you know, it happened--"

I raised my hand, "Mom, please, don't. I get it--you two are...mated.", I said, feeling a lump form my throat, but swallowed it before saying 'mated'. I can't believe this. My real father and boyfriend--my cheeks blushed up--are both werewolves and not only that, but me and Shawn are mated. It still a little confusing to me, but I understand we're meant to be together...I think.

My mom eyes widen, "You know about that?",

I bit on my lower lip and nodded, "Yeah, Shawn told me. He's...one to.",

She sighed, "I know. Your father--"

"You mean Dylan.", I corrected her. Just because he is my father doesn't mean I want to call him that. I grew up only knowing his name as Dylan, not dad. It's hard, okay?

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah. He told me and I know your both...also.", she said, biting her lower lip to. "Are you...okay, with that? I know, it's confusion and hard to understand.",

"Well, it's not like I'm jumping over joy about it.", I sarcastically said.

She groaned and rolled her eyes and threw her hands in the air, "Ugh, you and Dylan with that sarcastic way of talking. It's annoying as heck.", she said, sounded like she was talking to herself as she turned back around to the stove. She looked up at him, "You both are so much the same. Ugh, I wish she was more stubborn cause of it!",

He chuckled down at her, "I don't think I could handle to stubborn women.", he said, kissing her cheek. My eyes widen when I saw her cheeks blush up. What the Hell? Her cheeks never blushed up like that!

What a minute. He was holding her from behind and he just kissed her cheek. They can't be...

"A-are you two...together?", I asked, a little frighten at what my answer could be.

My mom bit down on one side of her lip and nodded, "Yes. You don't mind, do you, sweetie?",

Shocked, I just stood there, my mouth hanging open a little. I didn't know how to respone to that. First, she leaves him cause she didn't want to be with him anymore, now she wants to be again! Doesn't she has some kind of restraining ordering against him or something? Ah, hell.

And I don't think I can handle Dylan being around all the time! I'm having a hard time ingesting this news. I mean, it's not like I can say she can't be with him since I shouldn't have a say in who she dates. And I can't really tell her no, that my father just died, but that'll be a lie and selfish of me. My dad died two years ago, maybe it'll be good for her to date again....

But why does it have to be with Dylan!

I saw smoke come up from behind my mom and my eyes widen, "Mom!", I yelled, pointing behind her. She forwards her eyebrows, but when she sniffed the eyes, her eyes also widen and she turned around and cursed under her breath.

She grabbed the spatula and took the pan off the stove. "Damn it!", she cursed again when she walked over to the trash and threw away the brunt pancake. She walked back over to the stove and put the pan and spatula down. "Sorry,", she said to me.

I just quickly rolled my eyes and walked over to the window that was in the kitcken and opened it to let the smoke out. I shivered when the cold October air hit me. I walked back into the living room and grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around me. I went back into the kitchen and sat down at the table. I played with my hair as my mom retired making the breakfast.

I saw someone sit across from me and I didn't have to look up to see it was Dylan. I looked up and he gave me a small smile, "You know what you use to do when you got cold? You use to snuggle right up real close to me since my body temperature is hotter than yours. I actually have a picture of one time when you were almost one.",

"I don't remember.", I said. "I don't remember much before nine.",

"It's okay. I have a lot of pictures of us together. I just wish I had some more of you growing up. I wish I was there to watch you grow up-",

"Since it is my business," I said, looking at my mom. "What happened? Why did you keep him away? I mean, I know it's because...he's different. But there has to be another reason.",

She sighed, "I was selfish and wanted to hurt Dylan. When I met him in High School...he ignored me, yet I had his attention. When I gave myself a makeover, I only did to get back at him like you did...before I found out that boy, Shawn's, a wolf too. You were everything to Dylan, so I thought if I kept you away, he'll know the hurt and frustration I had when I wanted to be with him so badly."

She turned around to turn off the stove and walked over to sit next to me, "I just going to explain everything. Mating very powerful thing and I was and still am--even though I can't help it--in love with Dylan. I loved your father, Jackson, it's just Dylan had my love a little bit more. What we have is soul deep--literally. But since I am stubborn, I wanted him to hurt. I was a teenager and thought stupid. I stayed away from him after the whole court crap happened.

"So, last night when I got home, he came over. I demanding him to leave, but he's just so God damn annoying and wouldn't leave!", she said, rolling her eyes and groaned in frustration. "I swear, I was about to kick him out myself and you know I'm not weak, I'm pretty strong, but I'll doubt I would have gotten his ass out since he is stronger. We talked about you mostly. He wants to be in your life again and he said if he has to go back to court just for you, he'll do it. Then, we talk about us. I was mad about him bring it up and next thing I know, our lips found each other and then you know the rest.",

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say I was shock--which I am--but I felt something else to. I couldn't explain it. Maybe I'm trying to ingest all to quick in my mind that I can't think straight.

I held the blanket to myself tighter, "So...what happens now?",

My mom shrugged, "I don't know. Right now, Dylan hoping for us to be a family again.",

I looked him, "You want that?",

He nodded, "I wanted it ever since your mom told me she was pregnant.",

I ran my hand threw my hair, "I-I don't know how I should feel about this.", I admitted, looking at--both my parents. "I'm so confused and don't know how I feel.",

My mom nodded, "I know, Makenna. It's hard. But-", she said, leaning forward and took one of my hands, "Dylan is a good man. Sure, he runs a whole pack of werewolves, but he's a good man. He wants to be there for you, give him a try.",

I raised an eyebrow, "What are you saying?", I asked.

"Spend the day with him. Get to know the man that is your father. I'm not saying you have to become BFF's in one day or become the perfect father and daughter, but just hang out with him. I'm going to the court today while you both are gone to get the restraining order canceled.", she said.

I took my hand out of her, "I don't know.", I admitted. I don't know if I want to be with Dylan all day. Actually, to tell you the truth, I want to be with Shawn right now. Curiosity filled in me if he's awake and what he's doing. Probably working. But I have to let them know now, I guess. "Um--okay, I guess I'll spend the day with him.",

I thought of something. "I'll be back in one second.", I said, getting up from the table and quickly went into my mom room. I opened her closet door and bent down to reach in the back the two things I wanted. I smiled appeared on my face. As I held them in one arm and held onto the blanket, I walked out of the room and back to the kitchen.

I put the shoe box and album down on the table, "Why don't you look throw these while I get change.", I said to Dylan as I slid the box and album of picture to him. Some were of family member, but mostly me since I use to be addicted with the camera while I was growing up until my dad died.

I heard my phone go off and a song by Leona Lewis played--Shawn. I smiled and ran over to my room. I saw my phone on the table stand next to my bed and I grabbed it as I threw my self on my bed on my stomach.

"Hello?",

"You sound all happy.", Shawn said and chuckled. "That's odd for what you found out.",

Realizing I was smiling like an idiot, I stopped, but my mouth twitched and a smile plastered my face and I giggled, "I can't be happy just because I want to?",

I could just imagine the grin on his face, "Thinking and missing me, huh?",

I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes, "Hardly.", I teased, even though I am. "I was thinking of someone else.",

He snorted, "I doubt that. I'm on your mind no matter what. We're mated, so I can easily tell without feeling that your were thinking of me. I am good looking."

I rolled my eyes again, "Your so egoistical. Your just a guy with sandy blonde hair. Get over yourself.", I giggled. "Even, I'm cutter. Just ask anyone.",

"Oh, yeah? Who's bin calling you cute? If guys,", he asked, making himself sound protective older brother. "I want they're names, address, and how hard they need to punched in the face.",

I giggled more, "You will not being punching anyone in the face. Why'd you call me?", I asked, wondering actually. He should be working, not calling me.

He hesitated, but said, "I miss you. Just need to hear your voice.",

My heart warmed up and I felt so bubbly inside, it made me bit down on my lower lip and giggle. "Aww.", I gushed.

"Yeah.", he said, sounding a little nervous. "So, what are you doing today? I get off at four thirty and I thought we could go see movie at five.",

"Sure--", I cut myself off and groaned, remembering I'm spending the day with Dylan. "I can't, sorry. I'm--I'm going to be spending the day with Dylan.",

Shawn didn't say anything and I was about to ask if he's still there until he spoke, "Really?",

I nodded my head for some reason like he was in the room, "Yeah. I guess he wants to spend the day with me to get to know me.",

"Well, it doesn't mean you'll be with him all night.", he said and I could just imagine the grin on his face again. "Movie tonight at seven with a tub of popcorn and candy of your choice. How about it?", he chuckled.

"You really want to go see a movie that bad?", I asked, chuckling. He sounded a little desperate.

"Babe, when your with me, we wont even be watching the movie.", he said.

My face heated up and I swear my face could look like a giant balloon, "I'll see. If I get back before seven and I'll let you know.",

After showering and getting dressed, I walked back over to the kitchen and wanted to throw up again. They were making out. I cleared my throat and they separated and my mom blushed red. That was still odd to see.

She quickly said some thing before I could point my finger at my open mouth and fake gag, "You look pretty.", she said, smiling.

I was wearing gray skinny, black UGGS, and a white long sleeve shirt. I decided to let my hair down to dry itself and get a little wavy, but I put some moose in and I just did a simple eyeliner trick. I hate wearing cover up. I was never use to it before and I think I never will.

I tried my best to walk over to the table, but I only ended up slipping from my UGGS on the title floor, "Epp!", I squeal, falling on my butt. Two seconds later I felt a hand around both my arms and lifted me up. My cheeks were heated up, "Um, thank you.", I said, keeping my head down a little so I wont see a grinning Dylan.

He chuckled, "You mother was a kluts in high school to.",

"Shut up!", my mom whined. "And no I wasn't.",

"Don't denied it, Cas.", he said, walking up to and kissed her.

My nose scrunched up, "Um, where's my jacket?", I asked, looking around.

"I put it in your bed room. On the chair.", Dylan said.

"Oh," I said, feeling like a blonde. I didn't even see it, "Thanks.",

I walked back to my room and grabbed my aviator jacket. I slipped it on and flipped my hair out of the jacket. I walked back into the kitchen, "Ready.", I said, maybe a little to chippy since my mom looked at my strange then smiled.

I can not believe I'm really going to spend the day with someone I just found out that's my father. This should be one awkward day....

Shawn:

I flipped my phone and grinned like a maniac. Oh, she'll make it. I know she well. I bet she's dying to see me.

But truth be told, I can't wait to see her.

I'll admit, I was shock to hear she agreed to spend the day with Alpha Dylan. That's going to be one story to tell later.

I leaned up from the diner wall and was about to go back in when a car drove up and stopped right in front of the diner entrance, where I was. My eyebrows forward together in confused and two guys I didn't know and Miranda walked out.

She grinned up at me, "Hey, baby.", she said, walking up the stairs and to me. She grabbed my white t-shirt and was about to pull me into a kiss, but I put my hands on her shoulders.

"What are you doing?", I asked, glancing at the two dude before looking back at her. "Who are they?",

She bopped her head at them, "Them? My cousins. They have to talk to you and when I realized it was you, I just had to come. Look," she said, smiling flirty up at me and put one hand around my neck, "I know little ol' Makenna your mate, but if you just say you'll be my boyfriend, I'll get them not to beat you up.",

"Beat me up?", I questioned, looking at the boys again before turning back to her. "What the fuck are you talking about?",

She rolled her eyes, "For some reason, Alpha Dylan wants them to talk you into joining the pack or they'll have to beat you up. But like I said, agree to be mine and they wont beat up. Sound like a deal, baby?", she asked, leaning up to try and kiss me again, but I lightly shoved her away. She pouted.

I held my hands up, "Sorry to push you, Miranda, but I have a girlfriend already.",

Her face scrunched up, "With that...shank?", she said, almost yelling. Oh, only if she knew she was talking about the daughter of the Alpha of Indiana.

But she pushed my limit. I stepped up to her to hover her and glared down at her, "She isn't the first one to jump on a guy dick on his first day.",

My mouth dropped in shock, "Sha-Shawn-",

"No, don't. I pity the guy that become your mate.", I said.

She pushed me away and ran down the steps and into the car. The guys rolled their eyes and one motioned me to come forward to them. I rolled my eyes and said as I walked down them, "Look, I'm not join. If you want to handle this like men,", I stopped when I was in front of them and hit the one of the right and he fell, "cool with me.".

I'm probably going to get fired for fighting. Damn, Travis is going to kill me....

The other one tackled me and I fell on the ground on my back with a grunt. He leaned up and punched me in the face. I tried to dodge the next one, but he was faster and it didn't help that he was a older wolf since it hurt three times hard than a normal one.

But since our wolf bones are more unbreakable, I wont break anything if he wasn't going to try harder.

He got up from me on the third punch and both guys started kicking me on my side. I kept on groaning and I laid on my side as they stopped, coughing up blood.

One grabbed my shirt and leaned me up to look at him, "You going to join now?",

I shook my head, "It's pretty pathetic of him having two guys with crappy fighting skills to try and make a young wolf like me join.",

He rolled his eyes and punched me in the jaw. I fell down and rolled onto my side again. They kicked me a few more times until Maggie ran out and they stop and left.

She knelt down behind me and put a hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay, Shawn?",

I laid my hands on my ribs as I got up. My body well heal quickly, but it'll take at least a few hours. Damn, I hope I don't like as horrible as I feel...

I winced and nodded, "Y-yeah, I just need to sit down--",

"Oh, no. I'm going to call the cops and then your going to the hospital--",

"Maggie, that isn't necessary. It's just...what we young people do these days. They weren't beating me seriously hard. I'm fine.",

She shook her head, "No. People just don't randomly start beating on other people.",

"It's okay. I, um, hurt they're sister. I had it coming.", I lied of course. "I'll be fine, I promise. There's no need to call the cops.",

"Are you sure, Shawn?", she asked, taking my chin look up a me. A moment she sighed, "Okay, fine. But your going home.",

I think that was a good idea. I nodded my head, "Yeah. Hey, don't tell Jonas about this. I need this job.",

She's hesitated, but sighed again, "Fine. You're lucky he wasn't here when that happen.",

I nodded and turned, but remembered something. I turned back to her, "Oh, and don't tell Makenna. She'll um, just worry about me and I don't want her to.",

She nodded, "Yeah, that's true. I wont.",

"Thanks, Mags.", I said, turning around to walk home. I can not tell Makenna about this. Hopefully it wont be on my chest when I see her. I don't want her to know her dad had two guys beat me up.  

----------- 

Comment-Like-Vote-Become a fan! 

xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.7K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
137K 6.4K 49
"What did you say?" My voiced started to shake with the look of disbelief across my face, thinking that my friends had grown two heads. "Lucy, we w...
2.8M 27.9K 8
The vampire coven that owns the Thurman werewolf pack lands has returned. When they demand a human sacrifice, the Alpha's son, Jake, has little qual...