Heart and Desire (boyxboy)

By ninja_kitten007

Oli Keaton is a shy boy with a troubled past. A secret love turned sour results in Oli's ex-boyfriend, Ashton... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty Two [END]

95 2 3
By ninja_kitten007

Oli's POV:

"You're really leaving." Kara mumbled, tears glistening in the corners of her eyes. I nodded, pulling her in for a tight embrace.

I observed the crowd of loved ones surrounding me in the park, my emotions almost overwhelming me completely. Kara was a blubbering mess; Rick smiled softly, his arms wrapped around Terry's waist; Vince was sitting by my feet along with Silas; and Leo was watching me with a heartbroken expression, a few feet away from everyone else.

"I'll come back to see you guys," I assured Kara, stroking her hair affectionately. I met Leo's eyes as I said; "I promise."

Leo's sad smile almost broke my heart. I reminisced about the years I'd known him; we've been through so much together. The memory that clung to my mind the most was our kiss in this very park, only a few weeks ago. Maybe, if I weren't leaving, we could have been something.

Then there was Kara: the happiest girl I know, with the biggest heart, whom I somehow have the pleasure of calling my best friend. When I first moved to London, Kara had been one of my only friend for a long time before she'd introduced me to Leo. In the time I've been in England, I've come to know her better than anyone.

"I love you, K." I whispered meaningfully, hugging the petite girl tighter. I felt tears prick my eyes but I held them back.

Kara pulled away slightly and held my face in her hands, memorising every detail as she answered, "I love you too, Oli. If you don't message me at least once a day I swear to God-"

I laughed at the seriousness in her voice, "I will. I'll message you so much you'll be sick of me."

Kara planted a wet kiss on my cheek then gestured her head towards Leo who was swinging gently by himself on the swings, "Go." She commanded gently.

I nodded swiftly and untangled myself from her arms. I announced to Terry, Rick and the boys that I'd be back soon then I wandered towards the swing and sat next to Leo. He was staring ahead, and I wasn't sure if he was aware of my presence. His hands tightened on the chains then he breathed in deeply.

"Do you remember the day we first met?" Leo asked and I nodded instantly, "It was Kara's 14th birthday party and the three of us went bowling, along with a few of her other friends. I remember the moment I first saw you; I pushed through the entrance door and looked around for Kara, and the two of you were chatting and giggling and I saw your smile. It melted my heart. That was the real moment I started to fall for you-"

Leo broke off suddenly and gulped. I met his eyes and saw he was crying, which caused my own eyes to brim with nostalgic tears. I remembered the day of Kara's birthday party very well because it was the night that I first kissed Ash, who had been friends with Kara at this point.

Leo wiped at his eyes and laughed loudly. I smiled back, then he continued telling his story and I listened intently, "And when Kara noticed me, she waved me over. The smile in your eyes was magnetic when you looked at me. I froze in my tracks-"

I chuckled as I recalled the memory, "And you pretended to tie your shoelace, even though it was clearly already tied."

"Hey," Leo whined, nudging me gently, "I was nervous."

"I didn't think you knew you were gay at this point?" I asked.

"I knew. I just denied it for a long time. I saw you kissing Ashton later that night, and then I felt awkward so I made myself believe that whatever I'd felt was a trick of the mind." Leo mused.

I bit my lip, "You saw that? I'm sorry, Emilio."

Leo shook his head, "Don't worry about it. We obviously weren't meant to be."

A tense silence followed as I struggled to think of a reply. After a minute or two of complete silence, I said, "I'm really going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too. It's a shame Ash didn't show to say goodbye." Jealousy leaked from Leo's words but I refused to let it ruin the moment.

"I knew he wouldn't come," I answered truthfully, "He has Garrett now. I'm happy for him... I think."

"Yeah, whatever." Leo muttered, refusing to look at me.

I sighed silently and decided to ignore the comment, "Take care of Kara for me, okay?"

Leo laughed loudly and gave me a look of disbelief, "You know that girl don't need no looking after. She'll be the one keeping me out of trouble."

"Seriously, Leo. She's strong, but not as strong as she thinks she is. Make sure she makes good life choices." My tone was half-joking but Leo nodded anyway.

"I will. She'll be okay. As much as you hate to hear it, we have lives outside of you. We'll get by just fine without you." There was a bitterness in Leo's tone but I, again, decided to brush it off.

I stood up from the swing and returned to the group, dragging Leo with me by the hand. It was a sad thought that there were only two people who would miss me, but I also knew that I was blessed to have two best friends who mean the world to me. With one final goodbye, Rick hurried the boys and I to the car. I waved goodbye as we drove away in the direction of the airport. It was a fairly long drive and I'd promised Kara that I would text her until my plane took off.

My gut wrenched as I watched my two best friends disappear when the car turned the corner. Vince patted my thigh affectionately and smirked, "That Leo of yours didn't exactly make your goodbye a nice one."

I shrugged helplessly, "He's just upset. He has different ways of showing his emotions."

My mind refused to let go of the fact that Ash didn't say goodbye. Kara had texted him a few days ago to invite him, but he still didn't show.

"He doesn't care, does he?" I muttered glumly as I stared longingly out the window, whispering a silent goodbye to the city I've called home for four years.

"Who?" Silas asked, leaning forward in his seat to peer at me from behind Vince.

"Ash. After everything, he didn't come to at least say goodbye." I answered.

"Garrett's got him on a bit of a tight leash, remember." Vince offered.

"Did you expect him to come?" Silas asked, his eyes wide and childlike.

I suppose I didn't truly expect him to show up, but I's been hoping that he would. When we had said goodbye a few days ago in the field, Garrett had been there so I couldn't say all I wanted to say. Now my chance was gone forever.

"On the bright side..." Rick spoke loudly, glancing at us briefly in the car mirror, "Wait until you meet Stokely."

"Yes," Silas shouted, wriggling excitedly in his seat, "And Koala. He's the best."

I laughed, "You named your pet 'Koala'? What is he?"

Silas watched me carefully, then smirked and bit his lip, "Well... It's a secret."

I rolled my eyes with a grin, "Okay, Si. But I'm sure Vince will tell me." I turned to Vince expectantly.

"Nope, it's a secret." Vince agreed with his brother, shaking his head at me. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest, pouting dramatically.

"I always did hate planes." Terry muttered, poking Rick in the arm accusingly.

"Come on, don't be like that," Rick jeered, "You're going to spoil the Welcome Home party." Rick grinned, raising an eyebrow at me to gauge my reaction.

My jaw fell open and I gaped helplessly at Rick, "There's a Welcome Party?!"

------
The End!

But don't panic! (No, not yet)

There will be a sequel where a lot of dirt is uncovered and we find out a lot more about Rick, Terry and the boys. There will also be a spin-off for Ash and Garrett where we find out more about their toxic relationship and discover the truth of what happens behind closed doors...

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it😄🐨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 706 30
Liam has had it rough all his life. A father with a new family who wants nothing to do with him. A drug addicted mother with an abusive boyfriend. A...
223 57 11
A year ago, in one of the few self-sufficient colonies free of the military's control, Kavi's boyfriend ran away from home after an argument-turned-b...
1.8K 393 35
COMPLETED (Tanwenwharton9) Ashley never fitted in at school until he met Benjamin who quickly became his good friend. As the years went on they bec...
7.5K 312 19
Austin is the new music teacher at Bellevue High. Oli loves music class. He is know as the the bully, just to hide he's gay. Will his plan of staying...