Stubborn Hearts(girlxgirl)

By JessSkywalker

[COMPLETED & BEING EDITED] "You're willing to risk your life for me? For us? Is that what you want?"... More

I. Those Violet Eyes
II. Unforgotten Love
III. Reasons to Avoid
IV. Butterflies in a Frenzy
V. Winning Kisses & Drama Filled Realizations
VI. Here Comes Trouble
VII. Hiding in Closets with the Boogeyman
VIII. Death by Blink-182 and Wicked Trances
IX. Red Lipstick Kisses from a Whore
X. Tauntings of a Heartless Beauty
XI. Succumbing to the Hungry Lion
XII. Following the Harmonies of a Misfit
XIII. The Secrets Spill While Blood Drips: Part One
XIII: Let the Secrets Spill While the Blood Drips: Part Two
XIV: When the Hellcat Gives a Warning
XV: The Bases Are Loaded, So is the Enemy's Gun
XVI. The Nameless Casualty who Captured the Quarry's Heart
XVII. The Unforgotten Fallen and the Deceiving
XIX. As Phantoms Collide, a Past is Revealed
XX. A Mother's Embrace Helps Forget Everything
XXI. The Phantom's Discovery for a Certain Savior
XXII. The Dark Side of Boston: Part One
XXII. The Dark Side of Boston: Part Two
XXIII. Face to Face with the Enemy
XXIV. The Girl Behind the Cold Mask
XXV. The Lost Value of the Phantoms
XXVI. The Will of a Broken Savior
XXVII. The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part One
XXVII. The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Two
XXVII: The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Three
XVIII. Home Sweet Home with a Spice of Phantoms
XXIX. A Savior's Goodbye
XXX. The Tears of a Phantom
XXXI. An Eye for an Eye to Satisfy the Hellcat
XXXII. The Beauty of Family
XXXIII. The Love of a Savior and a Phantom
Epilogue
//FAQ//

XVIII: When Favors Become Risk-Takers

17.2K 457 178
By JessSkywalker

I want to dedicate this chapter to Jessie_Baby for the gorgeous cover. Thanks again! :D

Enjoy!. <3

__________________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XVIII.     When Favors Become Risk-Takers

AMANDA

Could this get anymore bizarre?

I closed the door behind me as I was welcomed by the familiar walls of my dorm. Unlike Helena and Danni’s dorm who’s walls were covered with band posters and photos of their friends and family, my side of the room was bleak except for the one photograph taped to the wall and it was of my parents and I. It was when all three of us went to California to visit my dad’s sister, Aunt Francis. It was a nice, sunny day that time and Aunt Francis caught the moment when both my parents embraced me in a bear hug, all three of us grinning like fools. I smiled as I remembered that day.

I was only fifteen when we visited my aunt. I had no care in the world during that time. I wasn’t being sent to an academy that would bring drama heavily upon my shoulders. I wasn’t being tracked and watched by a ruthless gang who wanted my head and I hadn’t come across Helena in that alley. I was…unflustered. I was living a normal life with my old friends and spent most of my time with my parents whether it be having family game night on Fridays or simply spending the day together out shopping or eating in a restaurant.

I wasn’t concerned over what will tomorrow would bring nor had the weird feeling of someone watching me. I was in a peaceful time. But now as I leaned against the closed door, that tranquility would never embrace me anymore until this problem with the Black Vendetta is dealt with. Sighing heavily, I peeled myself off the door and headed to my bed, collapsing on it and relishing in the feel of the soft comforter my mother bought for me for the bed. I smiled at the memory of my mother as that homesick feeling suddenly overcame me.

How I missed home especially Mom’s food and Dad trying to make Mom dance even if she scolded him to leave her alone while she cooked. I peeked at the photo of the three of us and couldn’t help my smile grow wider at my parents’ quirkiness. My mother was beautiful with her blond curls falling gracefully down her back, framing her heart shaped face. Her blue gray eyes held so much joy and love in them yet they brightened even more from her light skin tone. 

Many would be surprised that my mother had a nice figure even if she was thirty-eight years old. My mother used to be a track star back in her day and she had been fit throughout her years. The only time she had weight on her was when she was pregnant with me. My mother hadn’t changed throughout the years as I recalled my father telling me. She was still a teenager at heart especially when she’s with him. They always cuddled with each other on the couch as they watched TV together or held each other’s hands as they walked down the street.

It made me feel happy each time I stepped into the house, knowing full well that my dad would never hurt my mother and would protect his two girls in his life. My father’s a great man especially to me. Apart having a loving side for my mom and I, he also had a stern side especially when he corrected his students from making any trouble in his class. My dad was a Math teacher for a high school in the town near us.

He was our little math geek with his black rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of his nose, his strange outfits he wears to work that consists of cargo shirts and different Hawaiian shirts. I never understood the aspect of wearing those type of clothes when in his and mom’s closet, he had suits and casual clothing that Mom had picked out for each time they went shopping. 

“I have to put on the role of being a Math geek,” he had once told me when I questioned him of his odd outfit. 

He didn’t care of what other people said of him. He smiled at those who disrespected him and tried to push him down. He had a Master’s Degree in Math and even though he wasn’t a bragging type, he rather let his degree speak for him and show others that he’s not someone wasting his time on a silly subject that most won’t take interest in majoring in. That’s what I love about my dad. He was strong willed and warm hearted like Mom. They were perfect for each other. The cliché love story of a track star and a geek falling in love. 

I traced my dad’s wavy brown hair with my fingertips. He never styles his hair as most men do. He would keep it tousled almost as if he had just woken up and didn’t have time to comb his hair. His hazel eyes were looking down at me with a grin as I had my head back, laughing. His muscular arms wrapped around both my mother and I as the view of the beach was in the background. It was the only picture I brought with me. I wasn’t much of a person who liked to fill my walls with pointless posters. The photo meant the world to me because of my parents. It’s the only thing I held truly to my heart.

“Are you homesick?”

I twisted around to face the voice that startled me as I clutched my chest, feeling my heart pounding against my palm. I gazed at Danni who smiled apologetically at me before closing the door softly behind her. She walked further inside the room, her aqua green eyes showed the sincerity in them from frightening me before they flickered to the photo on the wall. For a moment, I thought I saw sadness shining bright in those eyes before it disappeared in a blink of an eye. From the amount of time of knowing Danni, I had never seen her without a smile.

Besides the times that she was angry over Helena’s decisions or just displeased whenever she had a conversation with Helena. Anything that involved Helena, Danni always seemed to be serious. There wasn’t once that I had seen her frown that took all the wholesome light from her eyes. She reminded me a little of my Aunt Wendy though. My aunt had always been the more cheerfulness in the family. In any situation whether it was mourning of a member of the family or celebration, she always brought the goodness in everyone.

It was what everyone knew her as. That’s why everyone was flabbergasted to discover that Aunt Wendy was hiding a deadly secret from us all. She had been doing drugs and got addicted to cocaine. Cocaine was her source of all her happiness along with a few heroine injections to get her wired up. No one knew how she came to be an addict. Wendy was the top student of her class and had a successful path in her future as she majored in Business. Since her downfall and her parents sending her to rehab, Aunt Wendy was pushed into the back of our minds.

As I continued to watch Danni and pushing the thoughts of Aunt Wendy back, I noticed that she had remained silent while staring at my photo. Was she missing her family? Though, Helena had informed me that Danni’s mother was the Headmistress of the school. I don’t even know if they see each other. I hardly see Headmistress Williams roaming around the campus to make sure everyone was well behaved and going to class. 

“You have a nice family,” Dannie finally spoke, a faint smile on her lips before reverting her aqua green gaze to me. “You’re the only child?”

I nodded.

“Me too,” she winked at me.

“I don’t want to sound rude but,” I rested my back against the pillows and brought my knees to my chest, “was there something you needed?”

Danni chuckled as she sat herself down on my bed, her eyes glancing at the photo for a brief second before flashing to mine. “We have Spring Break this Monday that’s coming up. My mom told me - which she would inform the school tomorrow - that Friday would be our last day here before we get to have our one week vacation. Helena had told me you showed her the photos of the incident in the alley and since you’ll be going home for Spring Break, I presume?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I am.”

“Well, Helena had ordered two of our Guerillas to watch your house and see if no Vendetta scum comes knocking,” Danni smiled as she patted my knee yet very cautiously placed it there. “You’re going to be safe under our watch, I promise.”

I looked at her hand for a moment, my heart pounding in my ears as I dragged my gaze up her face to those sparkling sea green eyes of hers. Her smile was timid yet after a few seconds, her smile widened.

“Danni--” I began but was cut off by her lips as they molded against mine.

I was shocked to be kissed by Danni. My eyes were wide as I felt her lips move against mine ever so gently. My eyes were wide and my body was stiff as I felt her lips stay on mine for a long moment before she withdrew herself from me. Her sea green eyes looked at me as if searching for a reaction to burst out and slap her for kissing me. I should’ve done that but I was caught off guard. I never expected Danni to kiss me. I never expected myself to feel giddy of having her kiss me. I don’t understand what I was feeling but the most prominent emotion was still the shock that conquered my body and mind.

Danni gazed at me with a sincere expression before flashing me a gentle smile, “I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.”

No!” I shook my head vigorously at her, “You didn’t. I’m… Well, I was - still am shocked that you kissed me.”

“What? I can’t kiss the girl I like?” She chuckled, scratching the back of her neck before getting to her feet. “Anyway, I gotta go. Not only did I come to inform you of your protection out of school grounds but Helena wanted to make sure that you didn’t go opening your mouth about Melanie or else she would have to duct tape your mouth or possibly sew it shut.”

“I don’t doubt that,” I laughed softly, smiling up at Danni who continued to stare at me.

Her sea green eyes burned of an emotion I couldn’t quite register. Despite having her presence calm me from the worries of my situation, I could…see myself being happy with her in a way. I don’t know what drew me to Danni but she was a kind person unlike Helena who cursed the world or the people in it. 

“Yeah, well,” Danni glanced at the photo again before shaking her head and heading to the door, “I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Amanda.”

“ ‘Night, Danni,” I smiled as I watched her leave the room, the door closing behind her.

I laid back down and stared at the ceiling for a moment. I could still feel Danni’s lips against mine faintly and just the memory of her kissing me brought a smile on my face. 

‘What? I can’t kiss the girl I like?’

Realization slapped me across the face as I bolted upright and stared at the door Danni had just went through.

“Oh. My. God.

<>   <>   <>

I couldn’t concentrate.

The math problems on the paper were just a jumble of numbers not fully being process into my mind. I had too many things in mind with one just sitting two seats across from me. I don’t know how I must had looked when Melanie came bouncing over to me in the morning out in the courtyard. She was grinning gleefully at me with her brown hair swaying behind her. She looked gorgeous as always with her black cotton dress that reached just above her knees. She stopped in front of me, those hazel eyes were bright with so many positive emotions running through them. 

‘What are you so happy about?’ I had asked her that moment, not forgetting that she was involved with the Black Vendetta.

I think I always knew Melanie was bad news. There was always something off about her that made me wary of her. And to have the real reason why I felt vigilant around her made everything more complicated. Not only was Melanie hiding the most biggest secret of being the Black Vendetta’s leader’s sister, Cassandra was hiding a few of her secrets. What was up with everyone who I had a friendship with have secrets.

‘Spring Break is coming up,’ Melanie had told me, her grin getting wider. ‘How could I not be happy? Wouldn’t you be excited to go home too?’

But by her definition of home would be the Black Vendetta’s lair. Could Melanie possibly know the strategies of her brother in targeting me? Helena had said that the Vendetta gang had some of their members here watching my every move and plotting something. Was Melanie in on it as well? Of course she was, she was a Vendetta wasn’t she? 

Apart from the whole Melanie circumstances, I couldn’t stop thinking about the slight confession of Danni. Did she really like me? What if it was just something to get my head out of the whole Vendetta thing? Danni couldn’t possibly like me. I was more of a baby-sitting problem while the Vendetta continue to plot away. After the Vendetta situation has finally settled down, we would go our separate ways, right? Her and Helena wouldn’t want to deal with me. I was just someone who needed protection not someone who they can have a relationship with.

They?

Why would I think that Helena would want someone like me to be committed to? Why would I think of Helena in the first place? Couldn’t I just stop thinking about her altogether? I should be bursting in excitement that I would finally see my parents and for Danni confessing me that she liked me not of someone who was angry at the world each damn time and hated that she was obliged in protecting me. Why was Helena plaguing my thoughts little by little? It’s not like I was crushing on her, was I?

I snorted, getting a few glances from my classmates before they went back to their assignments.

I would rather get hit by a train than have a crush on Helena.

Either way, Danni had sort of in a way told me she liked me.

Did I like Danni too?

Too?

How many people did you like, Amanda?

I groaned, letting my head fall and hit the table. Some students snickered at me hitting myself on the table while Mrs. Wade cleared her throat which meant for everyone to continue on their work.

The sound of the bell ringing snapped me out of my thoughts as I quickly gathered my things along with the other students.

“If you haven’t finished your assignment, do it for homework,” Mrs. Wade announced before she too gathered her things. 

I slipped the straps of my bag onto my shoulder and left the class. Everyone began to head to the cafeteria while I went the opposite direction and towards the courtyard. I wasn’t in the mood to eat. I just wanted peace and quiet rather than the loud chattering of the cafeteria. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get that peace that I wanted when I spotted Helena leaning against the wall playing with a yo-yo. 

I rolled my eyes at her immaturity as she showed off her skills to the freshman girls, smirking at the attention she received. This girl bathed in attention from everyone. Inked with tattoos and graced with beauty, I wouldn’t be surprise if she was also cougar’s bait. The freshmen giggled as Helena threw them a wink before her violet eyes drifted to me. Her lips twitched into a smile and I froze in mid-step. I don’t really know why her smile affected me. It suddenly awakened the pterodactyls inside of my stomach to start a frenzy. The butterflies that I had before had grown into crows that now evolved to these monstrosities just over a pathetic smile.

Oh, boy.

“Sorry, ladies,” Helena stopped playing with the yo-yo and mock-saluted the girls earning herself another roll of the eyes from me. “I have other pressing matters to attend to than showing you other tricks.”

She smiled at them which received another set of giggles before the girls ran off. Helena chuckled as she approached me, stuffing her yo-yo into the pocket of her hoodie. 

“Your class takes forever,” she stated, brushing back her hair. 

“And you waited for me?” I arched an eyebrow at her, confused as to why she did.

“I need to ask you something,” she admitted, her violet eyes drifting down to my lips before going back to mine. “More like a favor.”

“I don’t think I’m ready to be bait for the Black Vendetta,” I told her as I continued my way to the courtyard.

Helena rolled her eyes, falling in step with me. “It’s not that.”

“So this favor won’t be dangerous?” I inclined my head to the side, watching her expression.

It was expressionless like always.

“In a way,” a frown graced her lips for a split second. She sighed, stopping herself and me as she grabbed my wrist. 

I ignored the faint tingles from her touch and focused on the way those violet eyes of hers hardened. 

“I don’t want to put you in trouble, Amanda,” the way my name rolled off her tongue brought shivers down my spine. “But it could also help you and me in protecting you.”

My eyebrows furrowed together as I watched Helena sigh again, never once letting go of my wrist as she used her free hand run through her hair in exasperation.

“What is this favor, Helena?”

Her violet eyes landed on me and for a split second, I saw the concern flash in her eyes. Not for her but for me.

Just that thought made my heart begin its frenzy rhythm. 

“I need you to be our little mole,” she said, her thumb caressing my wrist lightly. 

“By mole you mean…?”

“Spy on the Black Vendetta. Gather information of what they’re planning whether on you or on the Phantoms.”

“Wouldn’t that put me in danger?”

Helena nodded, another frown gracing her lips. “Yes,” she whispered as she stared deep into my eyes before placing her hands on my cheeks. 

A sudden heat started to rise to my cheeks as I watched helplessly at Helena who leaned closer to me.

My heart was pounding erratically in my chest, my body was humming with tingles just from her closeness. It was like being in the library all over again. 

“But I’ll protect you, Amanda. I will protect you with my life.”

And I believed her. 

I believed she would keep me away from the dangers that are out to get me. 

Helena’s lips tugged into a gentle smile as her thumbs drew circles to the skin close to the edges of my lips. Her violet eyes roamed down my face to my lips before they drifted back to my eyes. I could see a conflict in those beautiful eyes of hers. It was like watching the good fighting against the bad in those violet orbs. 

She slowly stepped back, her arms falling to her sides. “I’ll inform you on what you have to do after classes are done.”

I nodded and watched her as she turned and walked down the hall.

I couldn’t stop to think as Helena disappeared from my view that as much as I denied of liking Helena, I knew I was crushing on not only her but as well as Danni. 

Wasn’t my life dramatic.

________________________________

Is there a possible love triangle in the horizon?

My lips are sealed ;x

Thanks for reading and if you enjoyed this chapter click that VOTE button and tell me your thoughts down below in the comments.

-May the Force be with you, my padawans <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 147 45
What does she have of different? She loved me... She listens to me... But most importantly, She worships me...
97.1K 5.1K 31
"Will you just shut up" !!!!! I shouted loudly turning towards her ,she was literally getting on my nerves now "Don't you dare shout...
8.2K 196 79
She can tell those three words turn me on and I know she's trying to hide a smile. Slowly, her hand travels up my chest, starting at my lower abdomen...
3.4K 4 13
I sigh, as my finger traced her cheek bones, all the way up to her ear, and I moved a little hair behind her ear getting even closer to her face. "Wh...