Ugly Girl

By NychelleHeartsYou

All her father said was "YOU'RE AN UGLY GIRL AND YOU'LL NEVER BE LIKE YOUR SISTER." After that her self confi... More

Ugly Girl
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Ugly Girl
Chapter 3: Kayla
Chapter 4: Welcome To High School
Chapter 5: Afternoon With Jacob
Chapter 6: Slumber Party.
Chapter 7: A Difference
Chapter 8: Emergency Home
Chapter 9: Senior.
Chapter 10: Mommy & Me
Chapter 11: You're Cordially Invited.
Chapter 12: Spring Break.
Chapter 13: Spring Break Part 2
Chapter 14: Graduation
Chapter 15: Make Mommy Happy.
Chapter 16: The Big Apple
Chapter 17: College
Chapter 18: Confusion
Chapter 19: Surprise.
Chapter 20: Christmas In New York
Chapter 21: Tragic.
Chapter 22: A Better Life
Chapter 24: Talk.
Chapter 25: Dominique's Wedding Week.
Chapter 26: Opposite Turns
Chapter 27: Dream Wedding
Chapter 28: Take A Blow
Chapter 29: Confrontation
Chapter 30: Dark Skinned Girls Rock Too!
Chapter 31: Thank You.
Chapter 32 : The Move. *FINAL*
Epilogue

Chapter 23: Marry Me?

20.9K 506 64
By NychelleHeartsYou

It was a typical boring Monday. Only a small amount of students showed up for Kayla's four art classes and she wasn't too happy about that. She was ready to go home and rest in her bed. As she was getting ready to lock up her studio, Dominique rushed in.

"Hey Kay, how are you?" Dominique smiled brightly.

"Tired. I'm about to lock up, so..." Dominique cut Kayla off.

"You have to put on this dress and these pumps." Dominique pleaded. "I want you to come someplace with me."

"Nooo, Domi I'm really tired. I wanna go home girl." Kayla whined.

"Pleasee Kayyy. I know how to whine too." Dominique whined back. "Pleasee you won't regret where I'm about to take you."

"Okay. Give me the dress." Dominique handed Kayla the dress and pumps.

"Yess." Dominique cheered.

As Kayla walked to the bathroom, Dominique quickly whipped out her phone and texted Nick that Kayla was getting dressed. Nick replied "Thanks. That's good." Dominique smiled and took a look around her studio for awhile. 10 minutes later, Kayla came out the bathroom in a hot pink striped dress with black gold studded pumps.

"Wooo girl you look amazing!" Dominique smiled.

"Thanks I just needed my pink diamond earrings." Kayla locked her door and let Dominique go out first.

"Those heart earrings are okay too." Dominique guided Kayla to ger car.

"Yeah I guess. Where are we going though?" Kayla hopped in the car.

"Just ride. I know where we're going." Dominique texted Nick that they were on the way.

"I'm so tired and you got me out here in an unneeded dress." Kayla looked out the window.

"Ahhh shut up Kay. You're gonna eat your words later." Dominique shook her head and began driving.

Dominique began to drive to the restaurant that Nick instructed her to go. It took only 30 minutes for her to get to the restaurant. As she made her way to the place, Dominique could feel that Kayla was getting agitated. They slowly arrived to the place as Kayla glanced at the load of people outside of the restaurant. She looked at everyone and noticed Nick and other people holding a stretched out sign saying 'Will you marry me Kayla?'

"Domi, park this car and let me out." Kayla began to tear up of joy.

"Okay."

Kayla hopped out of the car quickly and raced over to him. "Yes I will marry you." Kayla smiled with small tears streaming down her cheeks. Everybody cheered as Nick held Kayla close. After he embraced her for a while, he pulled apart from her, taking the ring box out, and adjusting the diamond ring on her finger. She smiled at the beautiful diamond ring and stared back into his soft brownish eyes.

"I love you." Kayla smiled still tearing up a little.

"I love you too my fiancée" Nick wiped her tears as he kissed her.

After everyone cheered for their engagement, everyone headed into the restaurant. As soon as they arrived in the restaurant, the waitress took the group to a reserved table. Everyone took a seat by their dates as Julissa and Kelsiee stuck by eachother.

"Congratulations girl." Dominique smiled.

"You're right. This was worth it and I'm sorry for catching attitude at the art studio."Kayla apologized.

"It's okay. You was just tired." Dominique accepted her apology and looked through the menu.

"Have you called your uncle yet?" Michelle asked in an excited tone.

"No I haven't." Kayla gasped. "I'll call him later."

As the three couples were talking about the wedding and deciding what they were gonna eat, Kelsiee and Julissa started their own conversation.

"How cute is this? Your mommy getting married soon and my mommy getting married in two months." Julissa squealed in excitement.

"Yeah I know right. My mommy and Nick are cute together." Kelsiee smiled.

"Do you ever think about what it would be like if your dad and mommy were together?" Julissa spoke in a lower tone.

"Yeah sometimes, but my mommy seems to like Nick more. As long as my mommy is happy, I'm happy." Kelsiee replied in a low tone as well and smiled.

"Aww that's so sweet." Julissa played in her hair. "So what are you ordering?"

"Ordering Julissa? Your vocabulary is getting stronger." Kelsiee giggled. "I just want a cheeseburger and fries."

"Well it's because you're always using those big words around me. Now I have to look in that book that tells you what words mean." Julissa shrugged. "I'm just gonna have some spaghetti."

"Lissa that's a dictionary." Kelsiee shook her head. "And nice choice."

"Ugh. So what." Julissa giggled.

As everyone figured out what they wanted from the menu, the waitress came over to take orders for drinks and appetizers. For 7 minutes, she went around the table asking each person what they wanted for drink. Nick chose mozzarella sticks for appetizers of course. The waitress finished writing the orders down and walked back to the kitchen area. Kayla decided to call Uncle Lenny and tell him the great news.

"Heyy Kay." Uncle Lenny said in an excited tone. "What's up?"

I'm engaged unc!!" Kayla squealed.

"Aww that's great Kay. Congratulations !" Uncle Lenny cheered. "Charity , Kayla is engaged." Uncle Lenny said to Charity as she began to scream "Congrats Kayla."

"Aww you two are so supportive. I just want to tell you guys the news." Kayla smiled as she took a look at Nick.

"Okay. I'm glad to hear and I can't wait for the wedding." Uncle Lenny said in a calm tone.

"Me too. Well I'll talk to you later unc. I'm out for dinner." Kayla said in a normal tone.

"Alright , bye. Have fun." Uncle Lenny suggested

"Okay. Goodbye." Kayla ended the call.

By the time Kayla hung up the phone, the waitress began serving drinks. Kayla, Nick, Michelle, and Devon had iced tea. Aaron, Dominique, and Julissa had lemonade. Last, but not least Kelsiee had her favorite beverage apple juice.

"So, Kayla what month do you think will be a great time for the wedding?" Devon wondered.

"Um May or July." Kayla answered as she sipped her tea.

"Aww next year?" Dominique asked.

"Yesss I can't wait for two years to get married." Kayla said in an 'are you serious' tone.

"Yes you can, but since you and Nick so ready." Dominique rolled her eyes playfully. "You got to get the wedding together now."

"She'll get it together soon Domi." Nick grabbed Kayla hand as he sipped some of his tea.

"Right Domi. I don't have to rush quite yet." Kayla looked around. "I think I want my wedding to be in July."

"Aww." Julissa and Dominique said in unison.

"Hehe yeah."

15 minutes later, mozzarella sticks were served. Everyone quickly dived in except Dominique. She was afraid to get a tad bigger. She just sipped her lemonade and watched everyone chow down on the mozzarella sticks. 25 minutes after that, everyone was eating their regular meals. Kayla and Nick shared a plate of Chicken Alfredo. Michelle had a plate of cheesy lasagna, Devon had Shrimp Alfredo, Dominique had a grilled chicken salad, and Aaron had a burger and fries. They began to consume their dinner and continued to chat more. 20 minutes after they finished eating, Nick asked for the check and paid for it. After the dinner, everyone detached to their own places.

It was 8:30 when Kayla and Nick returned home. As the three of them stepped into the house, Kelsiee headed to her room as Nick and Kayla headed to their room. Kayla began pulling off her black and gold studded pumps and struggled trying to get her dress off. Nick chuckled a little and unzipped her dress off.

"Thanks." Kayla blushed a tad bit as she removed her dress.

"You're welcome gorgeous." Nick smiled as he focused on Kayla.

Kayla slipped on her pink tank top and added on her black shorts. She headed to the bathroom as Nick followed her. He began stripping down into his comfortable clothes. As Kayla brushed her teeth, she was becoming distracted watching Nick put on his white t - shirt over his bronzed golden toned body. After he finished dressing himself comfortably, he began brushing his teeth too.

"Nick, do I sound too quick when I say I'm ready for another child?" Kayla looked at her teeth once more.

"No, well not to me." Nick expectorate the germs and wiped his mouth. "You want to care for another baby right?"

"Yeah, I think I wanna at least be married for two years before another kid comes in." Kayla began to gurgle mouthwash.

"Yeah I agree. It sucks Kelsiee is gonna be 9 years older than the baby." Nick said in a bummed tone.

Kayla discharged the mouthwash. "I know, but I think she'll enjoy being a big sister."

"If we had another kid, what sex do you want?" Nick walked to the bed as Kayla did the same.

"A boy. I really want a son now." Kayla smiled cuddling into Nick's chest.

"I do too, but I thought you would say another girl." Nick stroked his fingers hrough Kayla's hair.

"No, then Kelsiee will be jealous of her own little sister." Kayla giggled. "I don't want two girls fighting for my heart."

"You're so right." Nick laughed. "Yeah a boy evens out everything."

As Kayla and Nick continued talking, Kelsiee slowly walked into their room. She slowly sat on the bed nervously as they became quiet. Nick let her know she could climb on the bed. They both began to focus their attention as Kelsiee slightly smiled.

"Mommy and Nick. I'm happy you guys are getting married." Kelsiee smiled brightly. "You two are perfect together and you've always been since I was three."

"Aw that's sweet Kels." Nick said in a happy tone.

"Yeah...um do I have to call you daad?" Kelsiee gave a strange look.

"Nah, not until you're comfortable with calling me dad." Nick said in a normal tone. "You can still call me Nick."

"Okay." Kelsiee hopped off the bed.

"Wait.."Kayla stopped Kelsiee. "Um how would you feel if I had another kid two years later."

"I'll be okay...Only if it's a boy. I don't need a smartmouth sister." Kelsiee shook her head.

"See." Kayla whispered as she looked at Nick. "I thought so." Kayla nodded.

"Well it's time for bed, so goodnight." Kelsiee walked back over to her mother and kissed her cheek.

Kelsiee surprised Nick by kissing his cheek too. His eyes widened as he embraced Kelsiee as well. "Goodnight." Nick continued smiling. He couldn't believe she was becoming more affectionate with him. Kayla remembered she had to work tomorrow too, so she kissed Nick goodnight and slumped down into a sleeping position. Nick did the same and held Kayla in his arms as they both fell asleep.

As time progressed to nine hours later, Nick woke up to get Kelsiee ready for school. Kelsiee hated getting up early, but she had to catch the bus because it saved Kayla and Nick gas. As she washed up for school, Nick decided to make Kelsiee lunch since she repeatedly complained about the school lunch.

Thirty minutes later, Kelsiee quickly put on her pink suede flats that matched perfect with her pink dress. She grabbed her backpack as Nick gave her a pink lunchbox. He watched her walk to the bus and smiled for a long time. He's glad to be in Kelsiee and Kayla's life.

After the bus began to move along, Nick closed the door and headed back upstairs. Next he had to wake up Kayla for work. She was easier to get up because she enjoyed working that much. Nick kissed her softly as she opened her chocolate brown eyes. She squirmed a little and lowered Nick to her.

"Good morning babe." Nick kissed her once more.

"Good morning. What time is it?" Kayla lifted up from her sleeping position.

"7:15." Nick said in a soothing tone.

"Whoaa. What about Kelsiee?" Kayla began to panic.

"She's okay. I woke her up and sent her to the bus." Nick calmed her down. "I also made her lunch this morning."

"Aww you're so sweet." Kayla hopped off the bed. "I gotta get ready for work."

"Alright."

Kayla took a 15 minute hot shower and put on a regular purple shirt, her old splotchy painted pants and her black Nike's. She put on her small studded earrings and strutted downstairs with her black tote bag. Nick made her a small plate of eggs n cheese, bacon, and a pancake. It was 7:35 and Kayla needed to get to the studio before her first class arrived. She kissed her fiancé and thanked him for the breakfast.

"Have a great day babe." Nick smiled.

"Okay." Kayla paused for a second. "Oh Nick, meet me at the studio around 12. I want to spend lunch with you."

"It depends on my schedule. If I overwork, don't be mad." Nick assured her.

"I understand. See you later." Kayla said in a bummed tone.

"Bye."

As Kayla headed to her car and began driving to the studio. It took her 45 minutes to arrive, due to heavy traffic. She hated being late to work because some of her clients would leave in a heartbeat. As she arrived, she noticed half her clients weren't even there yet. She unlocked the door letting the clients that were present inside.

"Alright, you guys who were drawing portraits, get them out and get started." Kayla said as she set her things down. "My graffiti artist, report to the patio and get started."

Everyone separated into their places like Kayla instructed. As she took a seat eating her breakfast, one of her students Lanae arrived. She walked over to Kayla with the upmost attitude.

"Why don't you give me a recommendation, so I can get into Art Institute." Lanae barked. "I need to know in two weeks and you...." Kayla cut her off.

"Pause...You think I'm gonna recommend you and you popping off like this?" Kayla put her fork down. "You never gave me one reason why I should sign your blue paper. You hardly come in here and when you are, that phone is always in your face. I'm not about to waste my time lying for you. You have to earn this recommendation."

"Ughh whatever." Lanae rolled her eyes. "I'll find another art studio that has a pushover teacher."

"Ahh Lanae shut up!! You always roughening up Ms. Richmond's feathers." Taylor snarled as she put her pencil down.

Lanae quickly walked out of the class, but she forgot that her mother was still paying $150 a week for the class even when she didn't come. Either way, Kayla was still getting paid. Lanae was one of those snobby students. She thought she was already amazing at art and she could just get recommended.

Meanwhile Kelsiee was at school for atleast an hour. As her teacher was going over the math homework, Melanie Smith; the most popular girl of second grade. She was mixed with black and Dominican. Her long black hair reached her back. Melanie was sitting beside Kelsiee taunting her with her clique.

"Kels, you like math?" Melanie smiled deviously.

"Yeah I do."

"Oh you think you're so smart huh?" Melanie raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you think you're pretty huh?" Kelsiee rolled her eyes.

"Of..." Kelsiee cut her off.

"Uh no. You're not." Kelsiee continued following along with the lesson.

"I am pretty. Pretty people always get through life easier." Melanie giggled .

"Ladies, please be quiet. Only four more problems to go through on the sheet and then recess." Mrs. Brooks shook her head.

As Mrs. Brooks finished directing Melanie and Kelsiee to be quiet, Melanie continued talking. Julissa began to tell Kelsiee to ignore them, but she couldn't help it. If someone talked junk about her or her family. She was more defensive than her mother was at her age.

"Listen pretty people don't get through life easy. Nobody gets through life easy in this world, so shut up." Kelsiee snarled quietly.

Melanie stayed quiet for awhile as her friend Tasha began to instigate. "You going to let Kelsiee shut you down."

20 minutes later, the students were outside for recess. Usually normal kids played on the slides and swings, but Kelsiee liked to read books at recess. It would irk Julissa's nerves that Kelsiee sat to the side reading. As Kelsiee was reading her book, Melanie and her friends came over to her.

"Hey Kelsiee. You're such a lame. Julissa is so much cooler though." Melanie smiled.

"Is that suppose to hurt my feelings?" Kelsiee put her book aside.

"Yeah."

"Well it didn't. Now go play with your girls." Kelsiee shooed them.

"Naw. Doesn't your mom do artwork?" Melanie asked in an interested tone.

"Yeah."

"Your mom lame like who just sits around do..." Kelsiee cut her off.

"Shut up about my mommy." Kelsiee barked. "What do your parents do?"

"My mom is a lawyer and my dad has a big building of his own." Melanie rolled her eyes giggling.

Out of nowhere, Kelsiee punched her in her face. She was tired of Melanie picking on her. Melanie's friends began to hit Kelsiee all over. Julissa ran over with her friends as they attacked Melanie's friends. 25 minutes later, all 8 of the girls sat in the principal's office. Kelsiee knew it was wrong to hit Melanie when she was only talking, but her father told her that to prove a point that she isn't soft and a pushover she had to fight once.

"All of you girls are suspended for at least 3 days." Principal Jackson spoke in a sinister tone.

Since Kayla was working and Nick was in a business meeting, there was only one more person that could get her at the time Dominique. She was so pissed at the two girls making her finish her job early. As Dominique drove to her house, she lectured the girls about not fighting. They arrived home and were both sent to Julissa's room.

"Lissa, you didn't have to hit her and her friends." Kelsiee sat on Julissa's pink and white couch.

"But, I wanted to help my best friend." Julissa looked over at Kelsiee from her bed.

"That's sweet Julissa." Kelsiee smiled. "I just...I'm so dead when I go home."

"No you're not. Your mom is gonna ground you like my mommy is." Julissa looked down. "Kels how long has Melanie been teasing you?"

"Since the third day of school." Kelsiee looked at her white socks.

"She been teasing you for two months?" Julissa's eyes widened as Kelsiee nodded.

The girls sat in the room talking and looking around for an hour. As they were feeling bad for fighting, Kayla was on her lunch break with Nick.

"Aww baby. I would've paid for my own sub." Kayla smiled as she bit into her sub.

"It's okay. I don't mind buying things for you and Kelsiee." Nick smiled as he checked his phone and his face flushed "Speaking of um..Kelsiee, she's suspended."

Kayla's eyes widened. "Why?"

"Dominique said that she was fighting and Julissa helped. Six other girls were fighting too." Nick looked at Kayla with shock in her eyes.

"Shes never done anything like this before." Kayla shook her head. "Let's go. I gotta see my baby."

An hour later , Kayla and Nick arrived Dominique's house. Kayla called off the studio for the day and Nick did the same for photography. Kelsiee looked down in shame as Julissa explained briefly what happened.

"Why didn't you tell me that someone was bullying you?" Kayla asked in a serious tone.

"I didn't wanna worry you. I just was tired of her teasing me , so I hit her and her friends hit me." Kelsiee held the ice pack on her purple eye. "Daddy told me that I should fight once to prove to the kids I'm not soft."

"I kind of agree with your daddy , but don't fight again unless someone hit you." Kayla pointed her finger in her face. "Tell me or Nick if anybody bullies you."

"Yes mommy." Kelsiee continued holding the ice pack on her eye.

Kayla and Nick took Kelsiee home and just talked to her. She already had enough stress from a girl bullying her. For the rest of day , the three of them watched television together. Kayla took Kelsiee out for a little shopping as well. For dinner, Kayla cooked Kelsiee's favorite meal such as macaroni and cheese; chicken; and iced tea.

"Mom, I'm really sorry." Kelsiee stuck macaroni in her mouth.

"It's okay Kelsiee. You were fed up with her." Kayla nodded.

After dinner, Jacob called and wanted to speak with Kelsiee. He was proud of his daughter standing her ground, but discouraged because she hit Melanie for talking.

"So, you won?" Jacob asked in a proud tone.

"I don't know dad. I just know I hit her first." Kelsiee lied down in her bed.

"Oh. Why'd you hit her?" Jacob asked in concerned tone.

"Because she started talking about mom and I was tired of her picking on me daddy." Kelsiee looked down. I'm sorry."

"It's alright kid. I love you." Jacob smiled.

"I love you too. I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

"Night kid." Kelsiee ended the call and took Kayla's phone back to her.

She quietly walked back to her room and stared at the ceiling. Kelsiee wanted to apologize to Melanie for hitting her when she was just talking.

The next day, Kayla went to work and Nick stayed home to watch Kelsiee. Nick fixed his girls a well cooked breakfast before Kayla headed out for work. She arrived a little earlier at the studio and surprisingly stubborn Lanae and her mother were at the door waiting.

"Hi Ms. Richmond. I am so sorry for the way my daughter acted towards you yesterday. She's still going to be at this studio and her phone won't be with her while she's working." Lanae's mother gave her daughter a vile look.

"Well I'm glad she's staying. She needs to learn a little patience as well." Kayla unlocked her studio.

"Right. Well Lanae get to working." Lanae's mother walked away.

Kayla spent her 30 minutes early fixing her studio up and taking a look at the student's art work. She couldn't take her eye off one of the portraits. It was a picture of a old dog that looked like it was close to dying. It was drawn by Kellys (pronounced Kuh lease) She was the most quiet kid in the class. Kayla had no idea she drew this well. As she scanned through portraits, Nick and Kelsiee were bonding at home. They watched a couple of movies together, chatted about different things, and Kelsiee showed Nick how to play her video games. Later on, Nick took her to a local basketball court where he taught her how to shoot a little. Kelsiee really enjoyed Nick's company. He was so sweet and nice to her. She kind of thought he was better than her biological father.

Since Nick was at home with Kelsiee, Kayla joined Michelle and Devon on their lunch break at Starbucks. They all drank Fraps and conversed about their jobs.

"You guys sure I'm not cutting in on your lovey dovey time?" Kayla asked in a concerned tone.

"Yesss Kay we're sure." Michelle and Devon said in unison.

"Okay. So, Michelle how's Kam mom doing?" Kayla asked in a serious tone.

"Not so good. She said her mother could die anytime now." Michelle took a sip of her frap.

Kam was supposed to move to New York too, but was held back when her mother's lupus was getting bad. It was eating her alive and now it's too the point that it makes her have problems breathing. Lupus was now at her lungs.

"Aww no." Kayla said in a sad tone.

"I know. I just pray that a miracle would happen because all she has is her mother. Since her brother is in jail and her father disappeared." Michelle shook her head.

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"So Kay, how's the art studio?" Devon asked trying to change the sad subject.

"It's great. Except a senior tried to make me sign her recommendation letter yesterday." Kayla shook her head. "And a guy in his late 40s was trying to flirt with me in my 11 o'clock class."

"Eww. Does he know you're only in your early 20s and did he not check your finger." Michelle giggled.

"I don't know, but it was weird. How's you two relationship?" Kayla smiled as she watched them both look at each other.

"It's great." Michelle put her hand on Devon's unoccupied hand. "What do you think Dee?" Michelle smiled brightly.

"I feel the same way." Devon took a sip of his frap.

"Awww that's great." Kayla said in an awe tone. "You guys are so adorable together."

"So are you and Nick." Michelle reassured her.

Five hours later, Kayla came home to a delicious smelled home. As she closed the door, she noticed Nick and Kelsiee cooking together. It made her smile even more.

"Awe both of my babies are cooking. What's in the pots?" Kayla smiled as she took a seat at the kitchen island.

"Your favorite mommy. Spaghetti and meatballs plus some garlic bread and cheese sticks." Kelsiee smiled.

"Aww wow. That sounds good." Kayla looked in the pots.

"I didn't choose the cheese sticks. Kelsiee wanted them." Nick nudged Kelsiee.

"It's still okay. I like cheese sticks too." Kayla giggled

Twenty five minutes later, dinner was ready. The three of them sat at the table, eating, and chatting about their day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 58 21
Being the daughter of a drug lord is hard being a daughter of two is harder . Brianna is 6 years old and has a hard life because her parents are one...
7.5K 199 11
Kayla Madison has a very important decision to make. Kelley O'Hara or Christen Press? "Boy do I wish I had your problems. You have two eligible, succ...
14.1K 853 39
Parking my car in front of the 'Raven' club I groaned as I saw Helena typing away on her phone with tears streaks evident on her cheeks. She was wear...
32.6K 216 44
There is a girl named Kayla that is the original Elijah's daughter. She herself is part vampire like her friend Bella. Her and Bella have been friend...