Chapter 5: Afternoon With Jacob

It was a Friday afternoon and Kayla had just got out of school an hour ago. She was preparing to hangout with Jacob since her mother said it was okay. Kayla sat eagerly by the door waiting for him to come. Time passed by and by and he still wasn't there. Kayla was beginning to think she had been tricked.

At 6:00 , Jacob arrived in his white Camaro. Jacob was 16 and recently got his restricted license. He was supposed to be home by 6:30 , but since he drove so well he didn't get stopped. Jacob helped Kayla in the car and he drove drove out of the driveway. They were supposed to be going to Hard Rock Café , but instead he was taking her to a house party.

When they arrived at the house party, Kayla looked at Jacob in a nervous way. The house was a huge two story that was painted in a caramel color. Only two tan windows in the front and nicely set outdoor decorations in the lawn. It gave Kayla a nice feeling.

"It's okay Kayla. I got you." Jacob smiled rubbing his smooth palm against her hand. "You're gonna have fun."

Kayla still was sort of terrified about going into a house she's never seen before. Jacob carefully made his approach to escort Kayla to the house. Kayla sat inert in the car and looked up at Jacob. He finally opened the door and helped her out.

"What are we doing here?" Kayla asked in a confused tone.

"It's a house party going on." Jacob held Kayla's hand.

Kayla and Jacob entered the house without knocking. When they entered the house, everybody put their eyes on the two. Kayla disliked the staring because it made her feel insecure. A tall Italian guy yelled out Jacob's name and everybody figured out who they were. The rap music began to boom out the speakers with a lot of filthy words that Kayla never heard before. She wasn't allowed to listen to foul sexual music. She only listened to pop and sometimes rock. Everyone was dancing all over eachother as Kayla stared in amazement.

"Wanna dance?" Jacob asked grabbing her hand.

"I'm not...really a great hip hop dancer." Kayla blushed. "I can dance though."

"Well let me show you." Jacob lead her to the dance floor.

Kayla followed as she learned how to do hip hop dances. She quickly caught on to Jacob's steps and was moving like she'd been knew how to dance. 8 songs later Kayla was tired and was ready to sit down. Jacob and her took a seat on a mocha colored couch against a window. A short Indian girl offered them two cups of soda. Jacob took one , but Kayla didn't. She remembered those movies where people get drunk from taking sips out of cups.

Meanwhile Calvin and Asia came home from the gym. Jasmine was in the kitchen eating dinner.

"So you eating without us?" Calvin asked in an angry tone.

"Well...um yeah." Jasmine swallowed her food. "But I fixed you guys a plate." Jasmine pointed to the extra plates on the table.

"Where's Kayla?" Asia asked looking around.

"Um..she's out." Jasmine looked at Asia. "Come eat."

Asia and Calvin plopped down in a seat. "Out with who Jazz?" Calvin started eating.

"With her friend Jacob." Jasmine stopped eating.

"That better be a girl!!" Calvin got louder.

"No. It's a guy." Jasmine said quietly. " but he's a sweet guy....."

"I don't care!! She shouldn't be happy with a boy!!" Calvin banged his fist on the table startling Asia and Jasmine.

"Why not?" Asia asked surprisingly. "She is 15 and she is in high..."