Canada One shots

By AnaAmerica

A collection of Canada/ Matthew one shots!!! Canada needs some love (and he totally made the thing I'm writin... More

My First Words
Three Years Ago
Reflexes
Present?
Like the Fireflies at Night

♪I Love You♪

1.3K 76 24
By AnaAmerica

[SIDE NOTE: Has a bit of Reader-crush-on-Prussia for the first half.]

----------------

"I'm getting married ______!"

You stood in your office mate's office, wide eyed and shocked. Blinking several times, you tighten your grip on the papers you were holding.

"You are?"

Spinning around joyously in his spiny chair, he grinned excitedly up at you.

"Ja! Und I've loved her for so long!"

The grin on his face increased. You could feel your chest slowing its usual fast pace. Forcing a smile on your face you chuckle.

"Congrats! I would have never guessed that you would ever get married!"

Grinning, Gilbert leaned back in his chair and laughed, his left leg crossed over the other.

"Kesese~ Du are just jealous since du are still single~

He doesn't know it, but that simple sentence, which was supposed to be just a joke, actually hurt you a lot. Your smile disappeared for a split second before putting it back up forcefully.

"Quiet Gil! I choose freedom! And since you're getting married, you are going to be chained down for the. Rest. Of. Your. Life."

Crossing his arms, Gilbert continued to laugh.

"Kesese! Mein Liebling vould never chain me down! It vould be me who's doing zhat~"

A dark red blush found its way onto your cheeks at his last statement. Glaring down at him, you put the papers on his desk.

"You nasty little- Ok, do whatever you want with your "Liebling" but just don't tell me about it. That's just gross."

As you turned around to go back into your small office, you could hear Gilbert laughing as he spoke.

"I am inviting du to mein wedding on Saturday! Zhe invitation is on your desk~"

You felt honored that he would invite you to his wedding, but you knew that being there would only make you feel worse. For some reason, you had this crush on him. you don't really know why, but you just seem to like him a lot.

As you opened the door to your office, you noticed a white envelope with fancy writing on it. Your name printed on the back. Sadly walking over, you pick up the envelope and open with a letter opener. Pulling out a wedding invitation card, you could feel your heart aching. The card read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+*+ You Are +*+

*+* Invited To *+*

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Gilbert Beilchmidt

+

Elizaveta Hédeváry's

WEDDING

Time: This Saturday

5:30 -wedding

7:45 -reception

Place: Francis's place (you should know where it is)

RSVP: (XXX)-XXX-XXXX

Hope to see you there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You should be happy for them, but the fact that you loved Gilbert for about a year has been killing you. You were always afraid

that if you told him your feelings, he would reject them like every other guy did. And you were afraid that he wouldn't want to talk to you anymore because of it. And seeing that he's fallen in love with Elizaveta makes you kind of glad you didn't tell him, but kind of regretful at the same time. What if you did tell him before he even met Elizaveta and then he had the same feelings for you, then you would be the one marrying him. But then again, what if he didn't.

Your heart was aching at the thought, tears threatening to fall down to your hands. Blinking several times, you try to force your tears away. Suddenly three escape and fall down your cheek. As you were about to wipe them away you hear your office door open. Turning around you see Matthew standing there, piles of paper in his hands.

"M-Ms. (Last Name), h-here's your paper-!"

As he was trying to walk into your office, he tripped over a stray pen and landed on the floor. All the papers flew up into the air and floated back to the floor. Quickly you run over to your trainee and kneeled down in front of him.

"Are you alright Mattie!?"

Looking up from his awkward position on the floor, he blushes.

"Y-Yes... I-I-I'm fine Ms. (Last name)."

Giggling, you pet his soft head of hair and smile.

"You should be more carful, and I told you. Just call me by my first name, _______. I don't like formalities."

Nodding, he looks into your (e/c) eyes and smiles.

"I will Ms- I-I mean _-______!"

Laughing, you help him pick up all the papers and put them into order. Matthew is one of the office's nicest workers. He is so shy that it was hard for him to get along with the other workers, so you decided to befriend him. He's been a really kind guy to you and he was really sweet. He's been there for you in a lot of situations, maybe you should have fallen for him instead. But he knows that you have a mad crush for Gilbert and tries to get you to confess but it never worked.

Putting the last pile of papers on the top of the stack, you smile in satisfaction.

"Okie dokie! You're papers are all in order and stacked properly!"

Smiling up at you, Matthew bows his head slightly and laughs.

"T-Thank you _______. Oh! And here's your papers."

Handing me a pile of papers, I nod and take them in my hands.

"Thanks."

You looked at the first paper and it had another invitation to Gilbert's wedding. 'I guess everyone in the office is invited,' you think as you separated the invite from all the others. Matthew, still in the room, looked at you and realized what you were holding.

"I guess you have heard about the wedding."

You tighten your grip on the printing paper copy of the invite, tears pricking your eyes. Nodding, you watch as a tear falls and leaves a mark on the once dry paper.

"Mhm..."

"I'm so sorry _____... Please don't cry."

He sounded so sincere when he spoke those words to you, and it made your heart just want to let all of the terrible feelings out. Matthew stood next to you and put a hand over yours.

"It will be alright ______..."

At his words you burst into tears. Falling to you knees you bury your face into your hands and continue to cry. Matthew kneels down and wraps his arms around you, comforting you as you cried.

[Time Skip to Wedding Day]

You ended up going to Gil's wedding. Matthew helped you to get over him a bit, but a small part of your love for him still remained. As you walked up to Francis's mansion, you took a deep breath before knocking on the door. Only a second later did the door fly open and you were greeted by a very happy albino man.

"Kesese~ Guten tag ______! Come in!"

As you walked in, wearing a very pretty (f/c) dress that went just below your knees, you looked around and saw that lots of people were eating and dancing. You didn't go to the wedding, instead you went to the reception. It would have been too much for you to go to the wedding and having to hear their vows. So instead you had an excuse and said that there was really bad traffic to Francis's place. Gilbert looked at you with a slightly sad expression.

"How come du veren't at ze vedding ______?"

Laughing awkwardly you rub the back of your neck and look at the empty space next to him.

"Yea... There was a car accident on the high way to Francis's place so I couldn't make it. Sorry."

Laughing, Gilbert patted your back and grinned.

"Zhat's alvight! At least du came to ze reception!"

Nodding you force a smile and watch as Gilbert started to walk away, turning back once to wave bye.

"See du later _____! I'm going to ze bar~"

Waving back you grin.

"Be careful!"

Sighing, you try to find a seat at a table that had nobody in it. Suddenly you spot Matthew sitting at a table watching as everyone was dancing. Quickly going over to him you smile.

"Hey Matthew! What are you up to?"

Matthew snapped out of his daze and looked at you, a slight blush on his cheeks.

"W-Wow _______, you look b-beautiful...."

Smiling at his compliment, you spin around a bit.

"Thanks Matt! That's so sweet of you~"

Matthew's blush got a bit darker at seeing your smiling face. Suddenly you had an idea.

"Hey Matthew, let's dance!"

Matthew's eyes widened at what you stated. Shaking his head furiously he puts his hands in front of him.

"N-no thank you! I don't like d-dancing."

"Oh come on~ It'll be fun!"

"B-But I-"

Grabbing both of his hands, you smile encouragingly into his eyes.

"Come on, please~? For me?"

Matthew's cheeks became rose red as you continued to look in your eyes. Averting his eyes to the white table cloth, he sighs.

"A-Alright..."

Your face glowed with joy and excitement at him agreeing. Giggling, you pull him up gently from his seat.

"Great! Let's go!!"

Stumbling to the full dance floor, you two begin to dance to all of the songs, slow and fast. You seemed to have forgotten all about your worries and so called "broken heart". Instead, all that space was filled with the joy and excitement that you should have had days ago!

Suddenly, the DJ started playing a slow love song. Grinning at your good friend, you take a hold of his hand and place it on your waist. Matthew instantly stiffened, unaccustomed to the feel of your waist. Giggling at his reaction, you put your hand on his shoulder.

"May I have this dance?"

You say in a playful attempt at a guy voice. Matthew chuckled and gradually adjusted his hand to your waist, trying his best to remember this feeling. His face was a tad bit pink, his eyes finding a lot of interest in the fact that the dance floor had only three couples on it. The song continued to play. You two danced gracefully across the marble dance floor, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Each word of the song seemed to affect you in a way that made your heart melt. You didn't notice but the whole floor was emptied for just you two to dance. Everyone was watching how both of your steps were perfectly matched with each others. It was magical. Suddenly something hit you. You love Matthew. You never noticed it before, but he was always there for you and has always encouraged you to do your best. He was perfect in your eyes. As he smiled sweetly into your loving (e/c) eyes, you felt your heart start to race. He chuckled then leaned in closer to your ear.

"Are you having fun?"

Smiling sheepishly, you giggle and nod.

"Of course! I couldn't be happier."

Grinning, Matthew leaned back up and stared into your eyes, pulling you closer to him. Taking a breath he started to sing.

"♪I love you~ ♪"

Your eyes widened and your cheeks became red. Matthew's lips were curved up into a romantic smile.

"♪Please say you love me too♪"

Spinning you around, he continued to sing.

"♪These three words. They could change our lives forever.♪"

Your heart was racing out of control and you could feel his doing the same at how close you two were. Finishing your couple of spins, Matthew took you back into your arms and continued to sing.

"♪And I promise you that we will always be together.♪"

Before he could continue, you took over singing.

"♪I love you~♪"

Matthew's eyes widened at your confession. Smiling lovingly, you wrap your arms around his neck and continue to sing.

"♪Please say you love me too~ Till the end of time♪"

The song continued to play and you smiled up into Matthew's shocked eyes. Whispering three words from the song, you continued to smile.

"I love you."

The song slowly faded and you two were left in silence, staring lovingly into each other's eyes. Slowly closing your eyes, you both lean in and press your lips together. It felt so perfect and pure, the kiss the two of you shared was pure love. Nothing could change that fact. You both were so deep into the kiss that you didn't notice when everyone around you started to cheer and clap for you two. As you both separated, you looked up into his eyes and blushed.

"Sorry I didn't notice it earlier, but I really do love you. And I hope you love me too."

Matthew chuckled then rested his forehead against yours and rubbed your back.

"I love you ______... Till the end of time."

Then you both heard a camera sound off and a light flashed you both for an instant. Both looking up, you see Elizaveta and Kiku holding up cameras and taking pictures of you two. You giggle and watch as the two continued to do what they do, Matthew holding you close to his heart.

[][][][][][][][]

YESH!!! I finally got to put this idea on the computer!!! By the way, the song that you were singing to was called "I Love You - Celine Dion" just in case I forgot to put the youtube link on the side ------> I really hope that you liked it, and I was wondering.... How do you do a french-like Canada? Is it pretty much Canada acting like France or what? I'm very confused...

ANYWAY!! Thanks for reading!! Love you all so much for giving Mattie so many lovely votes~~ He really appreciates the love from you all ♡!!!

Hasta luego for now!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 7.3K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
1.6M 54.2K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
286K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
472K 29.8K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...