[RENOVATING]The shy artist 'N...

By authorrr_

[RENOVATING] (Y/n) was always an outgoing person with her bubbly personality and fair looks, who couldn't lov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
READ PLEASE

Chapter 3

6.6K 321 496
By authorrr_

Enjoy~

______________________________

~(Y/n)'s P.OV~

Me and Marinette sit down with Ayla in class. I wonder where Nathanael is. Why am I thinking of him?

"We didn't have homework, right?" I ask.

"No, (Y/n)" Ayla says, chuckling. I sigh in relief and hear someone come in. I turn to see Nathanael coming in.

"Morning Nathanael" I say, smiling. He turns to me, a bit startled.

"Morning... (Y/n)" He says quietly. I see his eyes go to Marinette and his cheeks turn bright pink. I look away and face where Adrien was sitting.

"Adrien, I need advice" I whisper to the blonde.

"Sure, what is it?" He asks.

"I started talking to Nathanael and well is it too early to say I might... like him?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"You like Nathan-?!" I slap my hand over his mouth and hush him.

"Not so loud!" I warn.

"Oooh~ what are we talking about?" Marinette asks.

"N-N-Nothing-"

"(Y/n) has a crush here on that artist over there" Adrien says chuckling. Can he just shut up?!

"Really? That's great!" Marinette exclaims. I groan  and slam my head on my desk.

"Well it is too early to say that?" I ask, turning my head to my friends.

"I mean I guess? But I guess not?" Marinette says confusingly. A big help.

"Just get to know him better so he's comfortable with you or something," Adrien suggests. "Go talk to him."

"I've tried but he isn't the best conversationist" I say.

"Go try," Adrien says. "You won't get anywhere if you don't bring him out of his shell."

How am I supposed to do that? It's not so easy with introverts but it looks like Adrien won't just let me sit and wallow. I sigh for a minute long, staring at Adrien while he gives me a serious look. He points at me then behind me, most likely pointing at Nathaniel. I abruptly stand up and walk up the redhead.

"Hey Nathanael" I say. His teal eyes meet mine and I feel the butterflies in my stomach. No stop digest those butterflies (Y/n)!

"Hey (Y/n)" He says.

"What are you reading?" I ask.

"Oh I'm just reading Angel fall," He says. (Good book read it!) Seems pretty interesting. "So what do you want?"

Ouch, that sounds rude. I think that's my time to leave.

"I... just wanted to see the book... I'll go" I say, nervously. I run back and slam my head on the desk.

"Kill me please" I groan. (a constant mood)

"Why? What happened?" Adrien asks.

"I don't want to talk about it" I say, miserably. I feel Marinette pat my back and I sigh.

~Three weeks later~

"Go (Y/n)" Marinette says. The blue haired girl shoves me and I sigh.

"What if he doesn't like me back?" I say. Okay let's rewind a bit back.

During those three weeks I've been talking to Nathanael and even texting him a few times. My feelings for him have grown a lot and I think he might have some for me. I don't know.

"He'll like you!" She assures me.

"Fine, fine!" I say. After a few minutes of debating whether to run or not, I go up to Nathanael.

"Hey" I greet him.

"Hey, what's up?" He says, looking up from his book.

"I was wondering if you... wanted to hang out? After school?" I ask. I smile and prepare myself for rejection.

"Yeah... sure what time?" He asks.

"Wait what?" He actually agreed?

"Um... what time?"

"Uh is 5:00 is good?" I say. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"Alright, see you in front of the school?" He says, smiling back politely. I nod and wave before leaving to meet Marinette around the corner.

"So what did he say?" She asks.

"Well I'm meeting him at 5:00!" I yell and Marinette gasps, smiling.

"Oh my gosh!" She hugs me tightly and let's go. "How are you going to tell him?!"

"I-I don't know" I say, my chest tightening.

"Well just tell him straightforward... it'll be better like that," Adrien says, passing by. "Don't beat around the bush."

"Just like that!?" I ask. Adrien shrugs and I see Marinette thinking.

"Yeah I mean it would be better! It will boost your confidence too!" Marinette says. "And it'll be over quicker!"

"Okay I'm fired up!" I yell smiling. Marinette chuckles and Adrien nods.

"Now let's go we're going to be late!" Marinette says, tugging me to class.

~Time skip~

"Go home and change!" Ayla says, pushing me out of school.

"W-Why?" I stutter.

"Because this is basically a date! You have to look the part!" Ayla says. "Marinette take her home quick!"

"Roger that! Let's go (Y/n)!" Marinette practically drags me on the way home.

~

"Okay! Let's see in your closet!" Marinette says.

"W-Wait-"

Then a few hug pillows take her down and my face goes red.

"My hug pillows..." I say, sheepishly. Marinette gets up and sighs.

"That's it, you're going to look so adorable you can't even stand it so magenta or hot pink?"

"No! Anything but all pink!" I whine. Marinette shakes her head smiling and pulls out some jeans and a few blouses.

"Pick one!"

"Uh...I-I don't know!"

"(Y/n) you only have an hour! Hurry!" Marinette urges.

"Okay! Okay!" I make Marinette turn around while I change into some navy jeans and a simple (f/c) blouse.

"There," In a second, Marinette is styling my hair. "Here a little pin."

I look to see a Ladybug pin in my hair and I smile.

"Thanks Marinette" I say. She looks at me with another emotion and I tilt my head. Marinette gives me a quick hug and hands me my bag. I sling it across my shoulder and breath out.

"You got this (Y/n)," She says. "Now go before you're late."

~

I run across the street and make it the front of the school. I pant and look around. Where is he? Am I too early? Or too late? Or did he ditch me? I should go-

"Oh hey (Y/n)" I turn to see Nathanael walking up to me.

"Hey Nathanael!" I say, trying to catch my breath.

"You changed... " He says.

"Huh? Oh yeah!" I say, "I just thought these were more... comfortable?"

Can I be anymore awkward? Nathanael nods and looks around.

"So, where do you want to walk to?" He asks.

"The park?" I ask. Nathanael agrees and his teal eyes catch mine. I feel my heart tighten and my cheeks flush a little. Come on (Y/n), you can do this!

~

In the park, I had seen the tower and suggested to go to the top. I never really been up here except for the first time I had moved here.

"The view is so beautiful" I say.

"It really is" Nathanael smiles at me and I smile back blushing.

The wind blows and I turn to Nathanael who's admiring the gorgeous view.

"You know... I never really got to come up here since I had no one to go with" Nathanael says.

"Well lucky, you're with me" I mentally slam my head on the floor. Why did I say that? By surprise, I hear Nathanael chuckle. I feel my cheeks heat up furiously and I clear my throat.

"Yeah... lucky" My face goes red hearing that.

"Is it okay if I draw?" He asks, "The view is too beautiful to miss."

"Yeah sure, it is creepy to watch?" I ask, jokingly.

Nathanael chuckles and shakes his head. I see him take out his sketchbook which I did not know he was holding, but I shouldn't be surprised, and instantly he starts to sketch. I slightly lean on his shoulder and watch him drag his pencil across the smooth paper.

"Amazing... " I mutter and I swear I see his cheeks turn bright pink making me smile. It might have been the light.

~

The sun is almost going down and we're still up here. Me and Nathanael just talk about school and funny memories. I think I should do it.

"Hey Nathanael?" I say and his head turns my way. Those teal eyes make me hesitate. My heart beats so loud, I think he can even hear it.

"Yeah?"

"Um... " Come on say it! "These past three weeks...I've been wanting to say something that is important-" I can do it! It'll be okay, it looks like he likes me too right? "-and well I really like you Nathanael and I'm just hoping maybe you feel the same way."

I look down. Okay I did it. I can't help but smile a bit-

"Oh, I'm sorry (Y/n) but I have my eyes on someone else" Each word echoes in my brain. I look up and he looks me in the eye... well more like into my soul.

"Sorry I like Marinette... not you. I'm sorry if I led you on or anything." I grip my bag until my knuckles turn ache. Now, I wish I wasn't here. Now, I wish I hadn't asked him to hang out. I look at him and I feel the lump in my throat. I try to look away but I can't.

"OOh.." I manage out feeling the lump in my throat. "I didn't... I didn't know..."

"(Y/n), I'm really-"

"No, it's quite fine," I try to keep my voice steady but I fail "I-I'll just go now... "

Before he can respond I turn and run down the stairs. How stupid am I? I don't the tears come out but, I hear him climbing down the stairs as well.

"Wait!" I hear him call out. I can't face him, not like this. I skip a few steps and make it to the ground before he can.

"God, I'm so stupid" I mutter and I wipe the few tears that escape but slowly but surely they come out.

Of course he doesn't like me. Of course he likes Marinette. The drawings of her. Blushing around her. Why didn't I just take the hint?

"(Y/n)!" I break into a sprint and run it home, bumping into almost everybody on the street.

~

I slam the door shut and I start to cry. Why? Why?! I was so worked up about me that I didn't even acknowledge the possibility of him liking someone else.

I slide down on the floor and I control my breathing. I feel so embarrassed... so stupid!

What am I going to tell Marinette and Adrien? How will I go to school tomorrow? Do I ignore him? Or act like nothing happened? Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If he likes someone else then I should be happy for him.

I change into something more comfortable and take off the pin. Calm down... no negative thoughts. In the distance, I hear flapping but it disappears.

Weird.

I turn off the lights and crawl into bed waiting for sleep to come to me. I'm so stupid.

_____________________________

Why did I cry making this? Sorry my lovelies I'm taking so long!

Sorry for any mistakes next chapter coming soon!

Edited 1/26/19 9:28 PM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 263 26
Chat Noir has been visiting Marinette's room almost every night. Sure, she enjoys his company...But her heart still belongs to Adrien. Adrien starts...
15K 404 40
My name is Cherice Revere. Have you ever heard of Ladybug and Chat Noir? Well, for all I know when I heard their names for the first time I was like...
91.3K 2.7K 19
Adrien never found fault in his lifestyle. Sure, never glamorous or exciting, but he was fine with his mellow ways. All until a girl with midnight ha...
134K 4K 16
The sequel of Naughty Chat. After the hardships of getting together and keeping friends, (Y/n) and Adrien think it's finally over with the exception...