Breaking The Rules

By lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... More

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever
Chapter 30: Not Turning Back
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 52: Stay Crazy
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 55: Lost Battles
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 38: No Happy Endings

393 8 0
By lost_misfits

Guy, omg, so sorry for not updating in forever! But we hit my goal of 5K! You all are the best! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
Who lives in Texas? Maybe we live near each other. OKAY, chapter 38!

I slowly walk over to the small glass bottle. I lean down and grab in. A painful quick shock goes down travels from my hand up my arm. I wince and drop the bottle.

I look at the bottle confused. I rub my arm and reach down again and grab it. It didn't shock me that time.

I inspect the bottle and notice a piece of rolled up paper inside. I pop open the cork and shake out the paper, unrolling it.

Dear Lost Girl,

To our lost girl, we miss you. Its boring here on Neverland without you. The boys think your dead, but I know your not. Your as real as ever. Pan misses you, he won't admit it, but he does. I know he does. After all, I've known him for nearly two thousand years. Its only common knowledge to know when your best friend is in pain.

And he is. I promise. I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I know that I have to. Maybe it's magic, maybe your destined to make your way back to us. Your Family. Well I better go, Pan will be back any time now, and if he sees me writing this...I don't know what he'll do. He's changed you know. I hope you'll come back so you can fix him.

Your Brother,
Felix

As I read, tears were streaming down my face. Why does everyone assume I have to save Peter? And what has happened? At first I wasn't sure wether or not I should return to Neverland, but now I'm positive I must.

Something is happening, and I don't think it's good. And I miss the boys. Oh how I do. I reach for the necklace Johnson gave to be after his death. I wanted to cry, but I knew I must be strong.

And its scares me to think that Felix, Peter best friend for nearly two thousand years, doesn't even know who Peter is anymore. Its not possible that my disappearance caused that, is it?

I wiped the tears off my face with the back of my palm, stick the note in my pocket, and start to jog to Grany's.

How would I even get back to Neverland? My magic was weak and I didn't want to risk hurting myself. It would require a big spell I presume. I would think of that later. I have bigger problems.

Should I tell Regina? After all, she does have her memories, it says it in the book. But what would she do? Would she be threatened by me for knowing her secret? Would she won't me gone?

Because that would be dreadful, I see Regina as...a mom. But in the book, she did kill her dad. So what would she do to me?

I wish my life was simple.

As I jog up to the diner I slow down and catch my breath. I walk inside and notice not a lot of people are here this early on Saturday. Go figure.

I check the time and its 7:25.

Ruby's face lights up and she gives me a smile as I sit at the bar.

"What's up? I've never seen you here at this time of day." She said while resting her head on her hand.

I nod, "Well let's just say I needed to think."

Ruby straightened her back. "What's wrong?" She says with concern. I sigh and look at my hands than back at Ruby.

"I remember. I remember everything, Ruby." She looked at me confused.

"Well isn't that a good thing?" She questioned.

I shake my head. "Not when you realize your life is one big mess."

"I'll get you some coffee." Ruby says while turning around.

"Hazelnut please." I say quietly. She nods.

Suddenly my phone buzzes and I check it. Its Regina.

Regina,
You still jogging?

Wendy,
Taking a break at Grany's.

Regina,
I'll meet you there, did you eat yet?

Wendy,
No.

Regina,
Okay, meet you in twenty.

I sighed.

"That Regina?" Ruby asks as she sets my coffee in front of me.

"Yep." I say while taking a sip of coffee.

"You gonna tell her?"

I pull away the coffee. "I don't know." I say honestly. "She's coming by to eat breakfast with me. So, we'll see what happens."

"Oh, well, okay. If you want we can talk about it." She says.

"There's nothing much to talk about." There's so much. "I'm an orphan, I've ruined so many lives just being me, I fell for trick after trick, and the only family I ever had since my parents death are more than realms away, and I have no idea how to get back to them." Ruby gives me a sympathetic gaze.

"You can always buy a plane ticket." She says reassuring.

I snort. "If only it were that easy."

xxx

As I wait for Regina for twenty minutes, I drink my coffee and play games on my phone. I would definitely miss my phone is Neverland. And a toilet, and shower, and Adele.

And Ruby and Regina.

The bell rings at the door and I see Regina standing there. I smile at her and she walks over and sits down.

"Since when do you jog?" She says jokingly.

"Since Dr. Whale said so." I say with a smile. It wasn't a complete lie. He did say I needed to build up some more muscles.

Once we order our food, Regina goes on and on about how she was planning on remodeling the house and other stuff I really wasn't paying attention to.

"Are you okay dear?" I hear Regina say. I snap out of thought and look at her with a smile.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine." She looks at me suspiciously.

"No really, what is it Wendy? What's on your mind?" She says caressing my cheek. I pull away and look down at my hands.

"Its nothing." I say.

"Oh really? Don't lie to me young lady." I hate it when she talks to me like I'm a little child.

I sigh. "Its just..." I think for a moment. "Its just I remember Regina. I have my memories." I say looking up at her. Her whole face changes and she looks away, sad.

"I see." She says. I stay quite and watch as she looks down.

"Come on. Lets go." She says. She stands up and leaves the money on the counter. I give her a confused look but walk out the door with her.

When we get in the car I ask, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." She says as she starts the car. And we drive along in silence. With nothing but my thoughts and me.

I look out the window and notice that I don't know where we're going. I've never been to this part of town. Finally, we arrive.

I step out first and see a sketchy looking wooden play ground. Regina gets out and takes a deep breath. She walks over to a bench and sits down, I sit beside her.

Like I said, it was already cold and cloudy out and it was only 8:34.
I hug myself and rub my arms. Regina looks over at me and notices that I was still in my jogging attire.

"Here, I'll be back." She says as she walks over to the car. When she gets back with a white wool blanket, she wraps it around my shoulders.

I snuggle under the blanket and quickly get warm. Regina sits down and takes a deep breath.

She folds her arms and crosses her ankles. "I knew this would happen." She says quietly while looking up at the cloudy sky.

"You knew what would happen?" I question, even though I know the answer.

"I knew you would soon remember. Nothing good last forever. Especially for me." She humorlessly laughs to herself.

I stay quiet. "So where are you from? Because you are definitely not from the Enchanted Forest." She says looking over at me.

"How did you know?" I ask.

She looks back at the sky. "I saw you arrive in a green tornado."

A green tornado? Was that the color of Rumple's magic, green.

No. It was Peter's.

"Magic." She lets the word hang in the air.

"I'm actually from England." I speak up.

"England?" She looks over at me questionably.

"Yes. Not exactly a magical realm. It wasn't until I arrived at Neverland that I found out magic was even real." I laughed a little. "Actually, it's the mother load of magic!" I looked down at my hands. "And its quite dangerous. A poisonous place it is. All I wanted to do was leave it, but now, when I have, I realize how much I miss it." I let the words that I haven't been able to convince myself of ,float out.

"I'm sorry Wendy." Regina says as she wraps an arm around me.

I lean my head on her shoulder. "Its fine. I'm the one who should be sorry."

"For what?" She asks looking down at me.

"For leaving you." I say.

I stand up and Regina looks up at me frightened and confused. "I will miss you Regina, you've been kind to me, and I see you as my mother." Her eyes soften and tears start to pool in her eyes. "But I must go. I have to save my family. Goodbye." She stands up and reaches out for my hand, but before she can grasp me, I use my magic to teleport to my room.

As I stand in my room, I can't help but wonder if I should stay. But I wasn't the savior of Storybrooke, I was the savior of Neverland, and it wasn't my job to bring all the happy ending to Storybrooke, it was Emma's. So there would just be no happy endings in Storybrooke today, especially mine or Regina's.

Because this is it. I'm going to Neverland.

Reginas POV

I go to grab Wendy's hand and convince her to stay, but before I can she's gone in a cloud of white. I stand their speechless. A single tear rolls down my cheek.

She was gone, and I had a feeling she wasn't coming back, and if she wasn't already gone, she would be soon. My last chance at happiness and I lost it.

She said she saw me as her mother.

Her mother.

And I saw her as my daughter. I always would. And she was gone.

My heart is torn. I'll never get a happy ending, I guess I just wasn't destined for one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 660 37
This is the truth of a story you know all too well. Peter Pan. But this Neverland is not what you expect. It has dark secrets hiding in every corner...
45.5K 887 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
10.2K 239 37
"So you see, Neverland is not a bad place. It is supposed to be the place of our imagination and magic. There is always trouble round the corner, tha...
4.9K 408 24
Book One of Pan of Never Duology Have you ever wondered what came after Wendy and the other Darlings? What of all the other children Peter has visite...