Hope Is Mine (A Stalker Story)

Door mjstMNG

"Desperate people are the most dangerous." Miracle Hope Carson has nothing more to ask for her life. She may... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
What if?

Chapter 19

11K 444 123
Door mjstMNG

I had no solid idea how to escape this hell.

How can I possibly get out in here? Winn isn't the only problem I had. There are the twins and his witch grandmother. Not to add this place, on top of a cliff. I don't have any idea where the hell I am, just thinking of my exact location gives me migraine. Even if I were to escape... where can I go?

I silently walked out of the bathroom as soon as I had composed myself. I tip-toed out of the room, down the stairs. The living room was deserted. I exhaled out of relief as I carefully made my way to the kitchen.

I don't now what I'm doing or what exactly am I doing in here.

I massaged my temple. Think, Hope. Think! I gingerly made my way to the kitchen drawers and my eyes flickered with distress when I saw a shining blade on one of the drawers I'm looking in. I pulled out the 6 inches sharp utility knife. I can clearly see my dreadful reflection on the blade. This will do. I touch the edge with my index finger and gently glide it onto the sharp blade. It surely cut me and slowly, slight amount of blood continuously flows out of the small cut.

I won't let myself be stuck in this place without fighting back. I frown at the sudden thought of using this thing to someone. Can I really do it... to hurt someone? I wasn't sure with the answer. I shake the thought of stabbing someone with this knife. I'll just use this... just in case.

"Hope..." 

I dropped the knife onto the kitchen counter. My heart skip a beat as I hastily turned around and met the eyes of Winn which is widely open while staring at me with pure horror. Adrenaline is rushing through my veins as my chest heaved.

"What are you doing?" He asked, taking a big step closer to me.

I quickly pick up the knife which I had dropped a while ago and carry it shakily using my trembling hands. The knife was pointing to Winn's direction. He immediately stop to his tracks. His gaze is dropping back and forth to the knife pointed on him and to me whom scarcely holds it.

He hover his hands and acted as if trying to steal the knife away from me. I push myself to the corner of the kitchen as he warily take each step to my direction. "Drop that thing Hope." He commanded in a deadly serious tone.

"No!" I announced while taking side steps.

We were just walking in circles inside the small kitchen. Both of our senses are sharp and wary to the actions we're both going to do. "Why can't you just let me go?" I yelled.

"I can't do that." He abruptly stop from his trail and look intense at me. "Now, if you can only drop that knife, so we can walk out in here without hurting one of us."

I snorted crazily. "Without hurting one of us? So do you really think that what you've done to my life wasn't insanely tormenting for me?" I grasp the knife tightly.

"Drop. the. knife." He said once again, his voice is incredibly low then he took a quick step closer to me.

"Step back!"

However, he took another step, larger this time.

"I will kill you Winn. I certainly will, once you take another step towards me."

He didn't even think of my threat and just walk closer to me. I waste no time and swung the knife. I hit him by his left shoulder, by the time I did it, I can feel the blade piercing his arm; the blade penetrated his flesh like pig's meat being slice into pieces. I was dumbstruck at what I did, it felt so wrong and the horrors of stabbing him had blocked my thoughts which made me froze in shock.

I was astounded for a moment of what I had done, that I seemingly forgot that Winn can still fight me back despite the injury I had caused him. It all happened like a flash of lightning. I didn't stood a chance as soon as Winn's tough hand caught the handle of the knife. He forcefully pulled it out from me and when he had succeed, he tossed it far away from us.

Before everything even dawn at me, I felt a fist connected to my gut. I fell over the floor and writhed in pain while clutching my stomach. The punch was so powerful and too agonizing that I feel like throwing up. I cough several times, my lungs are burning inside of my chest.

Though, that didn't stop in there. Within several seconds, a kick inflicted yet again, another searing pain but this time, the pain is on my ribs. I welled up as another batch of cough, now mixed with blood escape from my lips. I felt multiple kicks followed which only add another torridly scorching agony from his attacks.

"S-stop," I plead between my coughs. Tiny dots started to accumulate my vision and oxygen seemed to burned out from my surrounding. I gasp for some air and tried to crawl out of his violent offence. "P-pleeasee... s-stop." I cough again, blood was pouring out from my mouth.

The strikes stop as I fell limp on the cold hard wooden floor. I heard him curse under his breath, he crouched down and frantically looked at me. I manage to squint my tired eyes, just in time to look at his apologetic expression. I heard him shout some words which didn't enter my exhausted mentality. The only words that I heard clearly were his constant mumbling of the words sorry and don't die.

But it was already too late.

My eyes rolled back and that's when everything went black.

...

"I told you that getting her was the biggest mistake you'll ever do." I awoke at the voice of the same old woman, though my senses are clear and active, I maintain to keep my eyes close. I was too exhausted and the pain on my whole body is just too much. "Look what she did to you!"

"She didn't mean it." I shake in fear when I heard the familiar voice of Winn.

"She wanted you dead. Wake up my dear grandson! Once she'll recover, she'll just do it again and before you even know... she already killed all of us."

"So what are you trying to say?" He grunt frustratingly. "Give her back to her parents and let her freely go to the police and report all the things I had done to her?"

"My dear grandson, you're not getting it..." She paused for a second, perhaps contemplating her next words. "I'm telling you to kill her." My heartbeat raced faster. Kill me?  "She's no use at all. She already said that she'll never love you back, so what's the use of keeping this rebel in your premise. You should get rid of her when it's still early."

I smelled cigarette being lit inside the room. "I suggest, you push her down to the cliff. No one will see you doing it and certainly... no one will find her remains. Plus, there's no blood--,"

She didn't had the time to finish her sentences because a loud punch into the wall cut her off. "No. She'll stay in here with me. We will be a family, we will have our own children and she's staying by my side till the day she die. And that's what going to happen." I grasp the bed sheets tightly under my palms. Okay... at least he had no plans to push me off the cliff.

"You're such a hard one like her, aren't you." I held my breath when I started to smell smoke being blew into my face. "Okay. Fine. If that's what you want... but I won't deal with that attitude of hers. I suggest we must do something with her stubborn character."

"What kind of suggestion?"

I hear footsteps, walking closer to me. "She had no fear and act recklessly, So... I was just thinking that we should make her understand what fear and respect truly means."

He didn't answer, which only made my heart jump. What does she mean by that? and why isn't he objecting?

She continued speaking. "Remember that you're the man and she's your woman, your property. You're the King, she's your queen. You're the Alpha and she's your Luna," She paused and even without looking at her, I know that she had this fake, threatening smile across her face. "Don't let this girl dominate you. You're supposed to be the one who has the power, control and manipulation. If you'll continue to do nothing with her threatening perspective... then one of these days, you'll see her already a thousand times ahead of you." She laughed sarcastically.

"Or worse, you'll see yourself six feet under." She sat down beside me. I immediately stiffened. "So, I recommend you to mold her; like a diamond without a flaw." I controlled myself not to flinch when he harshly caress my hair. "If she's hardheaded today then make her obedient tomorrow. If she doesn't fear you... make her realize that she should feel more than fear at your presence."

"But I don't want her to be afraid of me. I want her to love me." Winn interfered.

"She will love you once she began to fear you." She stood up. "She will love you once she has forgotten her past. Make her realize that thinking of her past is worthless and that she should start thinking of her future now. And that future is with you."

"I understand." Noooo!  I cursed at how stupid Winn is, to let his grandmother get into his mind. He may not be aware of it, but he's just doing exactly what her grandmother wants. They are crazy! "I'll start when she's awake" I suppress the tears from escaping in my eyes but I failed.

"Indeed." She replied as she sat down next to me again. I tried to act to be sleeping and control my shakiness. "In her condition... She'll manage to survive another beating today, at least when she's awake." Another beating? Oh God. My chest heaved out of fear and anticipation. I don't want to wake up. I prayed silently that they won't notice that I'm wide awake now and had heard all of their talks.

"I'll go outside first. Call me once she's awake," Winn said. "And don't hurt her... yet. Not until I came back."

"I assure you." She said. When Winn is satisfied with her answer, I heard his footsteps getting distant by every second. He left me alone with the witch.

I flinch slightly at the sudden hot breath of someone on my right ear. I smelled the scent of cigarette and something very similar to old books, as if almost rotting. I want to gag at the smell but I just keep myself frozen but I didn't keep immobile for a long time.

"I knew you're awake." She said. I kept my eyes tightly shut but my breathing only gets heavier. "You should get ready... I hope that you had heard everything as clear as the sky." She pulled her filthy mouth away near my face and sat upright while gently caressing my hair. I want to jerk her cold hand away from me but I thought that it will only make everything worse. She knew that I was awake... but how?

"When I come back, you should be ready. Stop your stupid acts and prepare yourself." She laughed hysterically, like a witch in the movies.

"My goodness. This is the same situation when her foolish mother died."

I shot my eyes open. Her sentence repeat inside my head. "D-Dead? H-His mom is dead?" I said, barely a whisper in utter disbelief.

A sinister grin uplift into her wrinkly face. "I knew that this moment looks strikingly familiar." She closed her eyes as she reminisce something unfaithful.

"W-What do you mean?"

I still vividly remember when I had mentioned Winn's mother few days back.

"Not necessarily. But since we're talking about your family, I wonder how Joanna was doing."

His eyebrow raised. "Joanna?" He asked, confused.

"Your mother, silly! Don't tell me that you don't know your own mother's name."

"Ah. Right. Joanna." He composed himself and look away.

"I never actually meet your parents. I wonder when will I meet them."

"Never!" Winn yelled, as his fists connected to the table. The shock made me jump from my seat and stood up, wide eyed.

Now, It all sink into me. His mother is dead... but... why did he tell me that she's alive? How did she even die? Something is telling me that I don't need to think of it, because the answer is already in front of me. Erlinda, Winn's grandmother has something to do with it.

She's more dangerous than I thought she would be.

"Ahh... I remember her screams when my son is hitting her 'til she's black and blue." She opened her eyes and glare at me. "I never like women like her and somehow... you're just like her."

"W-What are you saying?" I staggered.

"Ssshh.. You should keep you voice low, my dear. You don't want my grandson to hear you, do you?" She smirked. She clasped both of her hand. "It is indeed true that like father like son."

"You're insane! You're twisting his head."

"I only want the best for him and it's obvious that you're not even close to good." She eyed me murderously. As if skinning me alive inside her mind.

"Then... how about his m-mother? What do you mean by--" I am panicking inside. She knew that I won't survive today's beating. My eyes started to well. She knew it all along.

She cut me off. "Shh... You shouldn't mention the dead. It's better for you to just relax and prepare yourself. It's only a matter of time before you follow next to his dead mother." She turn around and leave me alone.

I tried to sat myself up but the pain on my ribs were too unbearable for me. I'm going to die. I propped myself hard but I just found myself writhing in agony. She's going to kill me. I stop moving, I''m only making myself feel more pain. Winn's going to kill me and he wouldn't even realize it. I can't stop my tears from flowing. I sob silently as I began to feel the soreness of my limbs and gut.

I want to escape but for now, leaving this hell was futile. I start to think of an escape plans but all I could think of right now was my torture today. What will it be? I shiver at the thought of it. She was certain that I wouldn't survive it. So I fear for the worse.

This time, I wasn't praying to escape. I'm currently praying for survival; to survive the impending doom which awaits me, for as long as possible.

******************************************************************************

A/N: Does this chapter confuse you? Or is it just me? AHHHH! My head and limbs hurt while writing this chapter. -_- I don't even know why. Also, I finished this chapter in about... 3 hours, the shortest time I had ever manage to write something without being distracted by facebook or by my sister.

Anyway, what do you thing about this chapter? I thought about a big No when Winn started kicking Hope. (Like WTH dude!) 

What do you think about the beating which Hope will get? Do you think Winn can do it? Will he do it? And what kind of torture will she gets exactly?

[That moment when the author starts asking the readers of what will happen next because the author has also no idea what will happen next.] -___________-  *facepalm*

-MANG

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.7K 423 70
Loss. Inexplicable loss. A loss you can't even grieve because no one else admits to it. After all, how can you grieve over something that was never r...
1.1K 62 33
"You're right. I'm sorry........ Let me make it up to you. How does dinner sound?" He ask charmingly. Is this guy being serious right now? Is he actu...
Dark Sand Door RMRayne

Algemene fictie

35.4K 1.1K 44
He put his hand on mine, stopping me from signing. "I need you to take this seriously. This isn't a game. This isn't a movie. If you sign this, your...
74.2K 4.2K 96
Autumn Wraith took a step a 20-year-old shouldn't take. She was naïve for her own ruin. One wrong move, or should we say one wrong article? She write...