Rags To Riches | August Alsina

By WrittenAmbition

One day we broke together....Next day we rich forever. The survival of the fittest is taking place in the str... More

1. [Strug Life]
2. [Dark Times]
3. [Start of Something New]
4.[One Step Forward, Three Steps Back]
5. [A Brighter Day]
6.[ Something Has to Give]
7.[Creep]
8. [Payback]
9. [God Smile]
10. [Grind and Pray]
11.[Right There]
12. [Let's Talk About It]
13. [Past Dues]
14. [This Christmas]
15. [ New Year, No Change]
16. [ All Falls Down]
17.[My Moment]
18. [Reconciliation]
19. [Celebration]
20. [Set Fire to The Rain]
21. [Bitch, Killed My Vibe]
22. [ thankful]
23. [Comeback Season]
24. [ Shoulda Known Better]
25. [Actions]
26. [tables turn]
27. [I'm In It]
28. [press play]
29.[press play] pt.II
30.[the after effect]
31. [back home again]
32. [ his Testimony]
33. [it all pays off]
34.[hollywood]
35.[ trouble]
36.[sparks will fly]
T H A N K YOU!
37 [it was all good a week ago]
38.[New Day]
40. [part of me]
41.[don't play]
42. [the hardest moment]
43.[don't walk away]
44. [Where The Wind Blows]
45. [the ease]
46.[Count On Me]
47. [Goodbye]
48. Another Last Chance
Hey Y'all! Hey!
49. [Remedy]
Long Time No See....
50.[ Close]

39. [the crazy bunch]

5.8K 239 141
By WrittenAmbition

Em, Lauryn, Nadia, and Joie in the MM for Thanksgiving in Cali. Lady in the red dress girl you a killa! 😈 enjoy this chapter. How y'all feeling about Nadia....be honest. 😬😬 Let me say this, I don't edit these chapters, I just post them...So some stuff come out the wrong way or misspelled a lot. I'm going to go back and edit the entire book once I reach chapter 50 bare with the kid. 

Emerson

"Kay, slow down please we do not wanna be at the hospital out here today" I yelled out as Kay Kay ran through the living room yet again. "I told you to go outside anyway, you hurt yaself we not going ta no docta" Cha yelled out.

"Okay man" Kay stomped out side "Get ha, I swea" Cha rolled her eyes. Being out here in Cali was weird the fact that August got the whole family out here because Lauryn stubborn ass didn't wanna come to Atlanta, mad me a bit upset.

"See you play too damn much" Tima huffed coming in the living room with Travis following her. "Damn mean ass I apologized like five times, let me fix it" Trav kissed her cheek "How" Tima smirked "you know how" Trav smirked back.

"Eww, we are right here" I laughed. "Oh my bad" Travis sat next to her

"So, we are doing all the cooking right" I looked from Cha to Travis and Tima "Of course, cause I'm not eating nothing Lauryn make" Tima shook her head. "Fasho I'm in thea' with my famous turkey" Trav popped his imaginary collar.

"Travis I swear if you burn that turkey again this year cause you wanna drink" I eyed him "I ain't gone drink until I done finished with the turkey, I promise" He laughed

The front door can be heard opening before August and crew appeared shortly in front of us. "This yours Aug" Nadia attempted to hand Aug a drink. "Nah I got mine, that's Era shit" Aug walked toward me. "Hey baybeh" He kissed my lips. "Hey love, how was sound check" I asked

"Cool, why yall not getting ready" He lay in my lap. "Oh we going" I honestly didn't know "According to ya mama Usher her new baby daddy she tryna get on that" He laughed "Oh my God, no" I laughed with him.

"I guess, I can go get ready" I pushed August off me getting up going upstairs. The house he rented for the week was beautiful. It was huge, way bigger than our house back home in Atlanta. He wanted Thanksgiving to be one to remember for his guest. Me on the other hand I was ready to get this over with.

I threw on something simple but cute, because August fans be tryna go on IG so I had to keep it together and not get caught slipping.

--

"I need him to do some throwbacks like Bedtime, oo yeah that's my favorite" My mama rambled on and on. She'd been talking about Usher since we left the house. "Ma Usher don't want you" I laughed

She smacked her lips "Girl you a hater, you got you a singer I need me one" She rolled her eyes. "Tell ha stop blocking mama" August hit my leg "You heard him stop blocking" Mama mugged up.

"Yall not about to double team me period" For some reason I felt that was so funny to me "Emmy how man random out burst you gone have" My mama looked at me "I don't know why this keeps happening" I tried to stop laughing.

--

"Hey yall" Nadia came around the corner backstage "Look who I invited" She held her arm out and Lauryn came around the corner with Melody and two other girls. "Oh my God, it's really him" The smaller girl turned red in the face.

"Somebody get that child some water" My mama joked causing Lauryn to cut her eyes at my mama.

"Damn can you ever do your job right, August why you still paying her. She ain't done shit right I feel like" Looked at Nadia "She invited your baby mama to your show like we all friends" I looked from Nadia to Lauryn.

"I thought yall were friends" Nadia stated but she knew. "You knew, stop it with this act. You just keep giving me more and more reason not to like your ass" I walked into Aug dressing room sitting in the chair.

"Baybeh, I got Nadia don't worry about it but my otha baybeh hea'" He kissed Melody's cheek. As August got closer she reached for me. "Go ahead" He smiled "You know babies know when women are pregnant" He continued.

"Hey lil Aug" I touched her cheek. She had a head full of curls, she was just such a beautiful baby. I heard the camera sound looking up I seen August with his camera out. "Why you playing with her mama like that" I laughed "This my baby too" August grabbed her

"Come on they out hea' talking with Ush" He grabbed my hand. "Whoa Yung you just got all the beauties huh" Usher had his arm around my mama shoulder "Hey Usher" I waved

"This my lady Emerson, and this my lil lady Melody" August introduced us to Usher. "So this the one I been hearing so much about" Usher grabbed me into a hug. "So you be talking about me" I looked at Aug.

"Just a lil bit ya know" Aug shrugged.

We talked with Usher for about another 15 minutes before he left to get started on his wardrobe. August sent us out to the crowd once Mama Shelia showed up. The LA crowd was totally different from the crowds I've seen in Atlanta and Texas it made me want to go on the road with Aug and get a feel for how people rocked with him else where.

Nadia and Lauryn became like best friends during the show, I mean they were taking pictures and everything. I guess she needed a friend in somebody because she wasn't gone find one in me with all the stupid shit she was doing.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Lauryn

"Hey beautiful" I tickled Melody as she lay in her crib. "Let's get you up and ready to go see daddy" I scooped her up placing kisses all over her face. Me and Melody headed out the guesthouse in to the main house to find my mama putting icing on a cake.

"Ma, I told you not to make nothing for them. Believe me they don't want it, plus August girlfriend is like a baker or whatever" I rolled my eyes. "I'm just tryna make it look like I care, hell I don't wanna go there tonight only doing it for my little dumpling" She came over kissing Melody's cheek. "Aren't we all just doing it for the baby" I turned to walk back to the guest house "Leave the cake here please" I looked back at my mama "Fine" She walked off .

"We gone put the baby on a pretty outfit today" I picked out something nice for Melody to put on, nothing to fancy though.

Once I got Melody ready, I was next. I put on my little red dress and heel not bothering to curl my hair I just left it straight. I grabbed my baby bag, and my baby and we headed in the main house to see everybody ready already.

Yes, I was taking my family with me or my baby was not going to Thanksgiving dinner. George was here, Ron and his girlfriend were coming, Parker, Stacey, and my mama.

"Hey big bro" I smiled at George "Sup" He nodded he still was acting funny since we were in Atlanta and he went out to talk to Emerson. I asked him what she say and he wouldn't tell me. "Let's go get this shit over with" I mumbled "Watch it Lauryn" My mama eyed me "Sorry"

I rode with George and my mama , it was pure silence in the car especially since Melody was sleep. "I see somebody tryna be impressive tonight" My mama said as we pulled up to the gate waiting for it to open. The gate open and we pulled up the driveway. Yeah August over did it with this house, who he tryna fool.

"Please behave yall" George looked back at us as we stood at the door. "Welcome guys" Nadia answered the moving to the side "I see red is the color of the night" She gave me a side hug "I see I looked her up and down.

"Hey pretty girl" She touched Melody cheek "Everybody in here" She led us through the massive house. "Lauryn and her family is here everybody" Nadia announced to the living room. We all spoke and I introduced them to my family but I didn't see August or Emerson.

August

"Let me get a kiss one more time" I held on to Em waist on the same level as her stomach. I placed my lips on her stomach once more before standing up to kiss her lips. "Can I get dressed now" Em rolled her eyes "Yeah while you getting dressed lose ya attitude, ain't nobody bout ta play with you tonight" I side eyed her.

"Okay Aug" She went in the closet "Aug come help me"

"Hold ya arms up" I laughed because she was pouting like a baby. "What's these lil things on ya titties" I popped the thing covering her nipples. "Ouch August" She laughed "They keep them from showing thru my dress" She kept laughing.

"My boy ya baby mama here" Jo voice got closer "Nice boobies" She stopped at the door "Thank you" Em grabbed them smiling "Yall ass weird" I shook my head "Come on baybeh put this on" I watched Em put her arms back up, I slid the dress over her head and she adjusted the rest. "Sit down so I can help yo lazy ass put on your shoes" I beat her to it. "Hurry yall ass up" Jo walked off

"Let's go" I pulled Em up

"Took yall long enough" Cha said going into the dinning room "August wanted to play and stuff" Em walked behind me laughing. "There go ya papa" Mama bounced Melody up and down on her lap "We ready ta eat waiting on yall" Mel put his hand in the bread rolls only for Emmy mama to knock his hand down. "I wanna change my outfit" Em mumbled causing me to look around. Nadia and Lauryn had on red. "You look good baybeh sit down" I kissed her cheek.

"Nice to see you again August" Lauryn mother spoke as me and Em sat down. "Yeah" Was all I said. I didn't know this lady and she ain't know me, but I wasn't down for how she approached me before I even knew who she was. "George how you feeling dude" I saluted George

"Never better Yung, this a nice lil house hea'" George looked around "Yeah this rental is nice" Lauryn added

"Kinda like home just a bit bigger" Em smirked "Somebody get me some water to sip on" Tima eyes got wide. "Bro this was made just for you" Trav sat a double cup next to me. "Alright the kids a seated, they prayed now they eating our turn" Cha came in sitting next to Tima.

Emerson

During dinner I only spoke to the people I knew, I mean Lauryn's family could be as crazy as she is for all I'm concerned. Her mama kept throwing me looks and so was her little sisters. "No wine for you Emerson" Lauryn's mama asked

"What, wine I think you're drinking enough for the both of us" I sat my fork on my plate, I was no longer hungry. "Chile it's all typa palm trees over here" Cha looked up and around

"The shade" Time followed "Oh the shade" Jo Shook her head.

"So I heard you two were like homeless together" The brother asked and it got quite. "Oh are we not suppose to talk about that, I thought we were getting to know the man" He shrugged

"Those shoes are nice did Aug buy them for you" The little sister asked "Why must yall ask so many questions abut things that have nothing to do with you" I blurted out, I wanted to say it in my head but it came out.

"I mean I do need to know who my grandchild is around, you know since you did take her father from her mother" Lauryn's mama pushed my last button. "If it wasn't for the person growing inside of me, I would beat yo ass just like I beat your daughter ass because you been shady since I came down the stairs" I stood up to walk off.

"Wait, she's pregnant" Lauryn gasped "The money must be good" I heard her mother loud and clear. I turned back on my heels. "We not doing this today" Jo cleared her throat.

"Whatever preconceived notion yall have of my child, based on the bullshit that the looney one has told you is a lie" My mama spoke up. "We not hea' fa this, we hea' ta give Melody a good Thanksgiving with her family" August interrupted

"This ain't about her, and it damn sure ain't about you" August pointed to Lauryn. "Mama let me talk to you in the kitchen" George stood up. I watched him and his mother leave the room.

"I'm not hungry any more" I folded my arms "I can't believe you got her pregnant" Lauryn mumbled causing me to look at her. "And we can't believe he got you pregnant after trying to off me so many times"

"You got your family in here on my back, do they even know the real you? It don't matter cause George know" I smirked. "You told my brother" Lauryn stuttered.

"Let me calm down, my babies are in the next room. I'm going upstairs" I turned to walk off.

--

I was upstairs about 30 minutes before Nadia showed up. I looked at her slowly blinking "You here because" I questioned "I came to check on you" She came further in the room. "Did I not make it clear for you last night that I didn't like you. So why you in here with this fake shit" I went off.

"Look Emerson, the tone not need I just came up here for August"

"August ain't send you up here he knows better. You don't have to act with me, we don't have to be cool Nadia goodbye" I held my hand up. She walked out and August came in

"Swea' I told you to lose the attitude earlier" I looked at me closing the door. He walked over to the bed. "I did lose it but when the crazy 8 started taking shots it came back" I smarted

"Come back down stairs baybeh" Aug kissed my cheek. "August I'll sit at the table, matter fact I'm going to sit at the kiddie table with Noonie nem" I stood up "You do that since you acting like you two" He smarted "Bet they got better table manners" I laughed

I did just as I said I was going to do, I went to sit with the kids in the next room I didn't have time for the fake ass Brady bunch dinner August was tryna pull off. "Emmy when these people leave can we play dress up" Kay asked

"Yeah boo we can do that" I smiled "Good because I want my nails painted" Chay held her hand out. "Yall a mess" I laughed.

"Sooo what yall in hea' doin" Cha and Tima came in the room "We just talking, they done eating" I told them "We are too, they eating dessert. Aug talking to Lauryn, her mama, and George" Tima told me. I raised my eyebrow getting up heading in the kitchen. George spotted me and waved me over. Making my way tot hem I could hear Lauryn's mama apologizing. August just stood there and I could see angry in his eyes as his jaw clenched.

"Babe" I grabbed his shoulder, he just kissed my hand putting his arm around my waist. "I haven't said shit to you since we left Atlanta because Emerson told me the entire story of what the fuck really happen in Atlanta Lauryn. Your ass need to get help and I swear you need to get it fast before I take ya daughta from you, as far as I'm concerned you're an unfit mother" George voiced.

I leaned into August holding onto him tightly "Your not taking my baby from me, I go to therapy already" Lauryn pleaded with her brother "I don't think that's enough, you need to be admitted Lauryn" Her mama told her

"It's either that or I'm taking your child, and if you think about running I'll just call the police and tell the you kidnapped her. I have tons of paper work to back up anything I have to say about your crazy ass" George warned her.

"Why yeen warn me, why you let me go as far as to moving her out the state" August finally spoke "She had been doing so good man 8 years good, how was I suppose to know she was gone be responsible for the lost of so many lives. That shit went left fast" George reasoned

"So this a intervention based off some shit she said" Lauryn huffed "Please Lauryn you crazy, all jokes aside and all the bullshit aside get some help. Your child should mean enough to you for you to get the help your family is trying to get you" I sighed

"Bitches get pregnant and all of a sudden know something" Lauryn laughed causing me to laugh "Lauryn you funny, watch it"

"I'm giving you three weeks to get your shit and get back to New Orleans and get yourself together" Her mama stated "I'm so sorry about my words earlier" She turned holding her hand out to me "Eh, I cool on you. You and your family came in here all wrong seems like George the only nigga that got some sense out of the crazy 8" I chuckled

"Y'all can leave now, ain't gone be no more dessert" August walked off and I followed. 

"Kay baby we gone play dress up tomorrow" I stopped in the living room to tell the girls. "Okay all day tomorrow." Kay nodded "Okay, Love y'all good night" I yelled out to everybody in the living room. I headed upstairs to the room. 

"Never again" August unbuttoned his shirt as I entered the room. "I swear, never again babe. They all looney except George" I sighed. 

"Take that shit off and get in the bed" August demanded. "Say no more" I turned around so he could help me out of my dress. 

This night was way stressful, so why not end it with a reliever. 

How y'all feel about the conversation between George, Em, August, Lauryn, and Lauryn Mama??Do you think it's right to threaten to take Melody away? Speak on it? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
124K 2.5K 30
Will love ever come between Nyla and August or will they try and fight what is really going on. Are they denial about their feelings or is it all jus...
90.7K 2.6K 41
Struggling & Hustling in the streets, August Alsina grinds day & night selling crack rock trying to support for YN & their son, Marcus . YN stays by...
252K 14K 19
My works #6 //. Split second life can change from the works of the Ciroc Shots. August Alsina story YunginDiamond™ ©2015 all copyrights reserved