2190 Days//New Hope Club.

By nhclubsandwich

"Six bloody years of being there for them, and this is how they repay me!? I've been through 2190 days of mak... More

Prologue.
Poke.
Sexist Prick.
Noticed By Senpai.
Yo.
Covers.
Friendshipversary.
Carter-Green.
House Arrest.
Coffee.
LADS.
Skype.
Late Night Conversations.
Airplanes.
Notifications.
Leo.
Anger Blobs.
George's bed.
Blocked.
Unknown Numbers.
Home.
Call Me L.
Memes.
Pizza and Pringles.
Drunk.
Costa.
Rocha.
Sames and Blevie.
;)
Just Dance.
Spring Cleaning.
2190 Days.

Cake By The Ocean.

3.8K 135 111
By nhclubsandwich

I'm just gonna say now for people who don't understand British school systems - Blake and Evie are in year 11 (15-16), doing their GCSE's, which are like the first exams you do which count for something and help you get jobs and all that jazz. After you do your GCSE's you can either get an apprenticeship or go to College or Sixth Form. George and Reece are at Sixth Form, in year 12 (16-17), which is being run by the school that Blake and Evie are doing their GCSE's in. In Sixth Form you do AS-levels the first year and A-levels the second and you only take four/three subjects.

~

Reece, Blake, Evie and George were all in detention. It was actually a revision session that both the 16-year-olds in the group were meant to attend, but seeing as they didn't turn up in the first five minutes and they were with the two sixth formers when the short teacher had found them, all four of them got roped into going, even though Reece and George had already done their GCSE's. The two older boys didn't really mind, seeing as they had gotten their younger friends in detention before for skipping classes when they had frees. Luckily for the group of friends they were sitting on the back row, behind some tall sporty people, Mrs Joseph couldn't see them as she was a rather short lady of about 5'2. They might have also purposefully chosen the shortest stalls they could find in the lab to sit on, which hid them further.

"I can't believe we actually got noticed by The Vamps," Reece whispered with a content sigh, still giddy about the tweet from the previous day. They had all decided to celebrate by ordering a pizza (each, of course) after reading the tweet and had accidentally stayed up far too late, so late that Evie had ended up falling asleep and Blake had carried her to her room and tucked her into bed, then set her an earlier alarm on her phone as he knew that she would want to shower in the morning. This is mainly why the four were sitting on the back row; the teacher couldn't see the blonde girl, who who was currently asleep on the desk, using George's forearm as a pillow. A very bony, uncomfortable pillow, but a pillow nonetheless.

"I know, I can't actually like, physically comprehend it!" Blake chimed in with a grin, briefly looking away from the board to smile at Reece before looking back down at the revision notes he was making. The brunette always worked a lot harder than the other 16-year-old, mainly because Blake knew that his parents would praise him for high grades and be immensely proud, however Evie knew that even with good grades, her parents would still not give a shit about her or whatever she had achieved. Honestly, sometimes the blonde girl got jealous over their business; it got more attention than she ever did.

"It's weird" George continued the conversation, turning to face the other two boys but trying hard not to move so he didn't wake Evie "We're just some dudes from England who hang out together - plus Evie - and The Vamps fucking noticed us. Us. It's just- wow" George let out a slight laugh whilst the other two boys chuckled. They understood what he meant, despite his lack of ability to string a sentence together. 

"Seriously, we need to step up our game, lads. We've been given a spotlight and we need to brush up or we're going to look stupid" Blake announced, turning to look at the other two boys who were nodding in agreement. They all knew that they would need to put in so much more effort if they were going to fully abuse the attention they had been given, but the thought kind of scared them, in a way. If they screwed up or did something to get a bad reputation, then it was out there for so many more people to see, rather than the few thousand people who had been following them before they were exposed to The Vamps' audience.

"I've saved up a bit, could probably buy us a better microphone" Reece offered with a shrug, causing the other two boys to nod in agreement.

"Oh, my mate just got a new camera and can give us his old one, if we wanted it" George perked up, quite happy at the idea of better quality videos and, quite possibly, a higher number of views - because although the boys were scared about how much bigger they were becoming, it also made them incredibly happy; this was their dream, after all.

"Seriously, we need to record a cover this weekend when we've got all the new gear, maybe one to celebrate six years of friendship?" The brunette suggested, smiling widely, exciting himself by thinking about all of the opportunities they could face.

"Yeah, that's-" Reece started to reply, but was quickly cut off.

"Boys, be quiet!" Mrs Joseph called, her glare falling from the boys to Evie "And please wake miss Carter-Green." George looked down and gently shook the sleeping girl, who shot up, whacking her skull into the blonde boy's nose.

"Ow! Evie, what the hell?" The sixth former half hissed half whined, holding his nose. The girl just looked at him with a confused expression as Blake and Reece laughed at them, wondering what she had done to make George pissed off. Mrs Joseph rolled her eyes and accompanied it with a huff, before barking: "Please pay attention, miss Carter-Green" and turning back to the white board.

"Soz babe" Evie muttered, not really intending for the teacher to hear it but not overly fussed the words happened to reach the short teacher's ears, which they did.

"Evelyn!" The science teacher called, turning around to glare at her student.

"Miss!" Evelyn exclaimed back to the short teacher, who hardened her glare.

"Do you want to be removed from the session?" Mrs Joseph threatened, not that it really had the desired effect on the blonde girl, who definitely did want to leave the revision session, even though doing so would probably land her in after school detention.

"Well-" Evie had to hold in a yelp when she felt Blake's foot collide with her shin. "No. I don't." Evie spat, glaring at the brunette, but knowing she'd thank him later.

"Good. Now, onto hydrocarbons"

"You know what? No. Fuck you. I won." Evie stated, getting up from the sofa and throwing her Mario Kart wheel onto it, pissed off that she had lost all three races of the round to her a smirking George.

"Clearly, I won," The blonde boy said, pointing to the screen where his Mario Kart character was celebrating coming in 1st place.

"No, I did! You hit me with that bloody blue shell seconds before- no, milliseconds before I crossed the line. Therefore, I won because you cheated" The blonde girl accused, huffing and crossing her arms.

"Evie, that's kinda the whole point in the game - hit other people with objects and beat them. I would have still won, anyway, because I won the other two races we did" The boy pointed out.

"But this was all or nothing" The blonde girl responded, glaring at the boy who was packing up the game. Winner tidied away, always.

"And I won them all. Walk on, Evie, walk on" The aforementioned groaned and went into the kitchen, grabbing some bread and making a sandwich, shoving it onto a plate and then into Blake's hands as she walked towards Reece, who was looking through a list of cover ideas the boys had made the previous night.

"How's it coming along?" Evie questioned, resting her chin on his shoulder and letting her eyes close. She was still tired from the previous night and was craving a nap, but she knew that if she had a nap now then she wouldn't be able to get to sleep later, and then she would have to suffer through the next day, too.

"It's going okay. I have no idea which one we should cover" The boy admitted, rubbing his right eye to get rid of an itch. Some people might think that it didn't matter which cover they did, but in fact it mattered a great deal. They had to do a catchy song, one which they could put their own twist one and something that people would want to listen to over and over again. If they did a song that nobody really liked or had ever heard of then they would just be wasting their time in the spotlight. "Urm... What about that one, where it's like 'talk to me baby, I'll be blah blah blah sweet sweet craving wahoooooo', you get what I mean?" The blonde girl questioned, hoping the boy understood what she meant because she was too tired to try and remember the name of it.

"What, Cake By The Ocean?" Reece chuckled slightly at his blonde-haired friend, who nodded - which was fairly hard to do, seeing as her chin was still resting on the boy's shoulder.

"Yeah, that one" Evie said sleepily, forcing her eyes open so she didn't fall asleep right there and then.

"That's not actually a bad idea," The sixth-former stated, thinking it through before snapping himself out of it his train of thoughts. "Anyway, that's not why we're over. We're over because we all need to talk about our friendshipversary" He shut the laptop so he wasn't tempted to obsess over all of the band business whilst they were trying to organise their outing.

"Oh, that's a good name. Why haven't we come up with that yet?" Evie wondered, a frown coming onto her face, standing up straight so her chin wasn't on Reece's shoulder anymore.

"Because we're all incredibly slow" George stated, walking in and sitting on the bar stool next to the one Reece was sitting on, Blake sitting on the third. "Now I have nowhere to sit" Evie pouted, pointing to the fourth bar stool which was wet from Blake's spilt drink which he hadn't bothered to clear up, before squealing slightly and giggling as George suddenly pulled her onto his lap.

"Better?" George questioned, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

"Much, thanks, Georgie" Evie replied, grinning at the boy when he glared at her.

"Call me that again and you end up on the floor" George stated, but he couldn't help the smile on his lips. The group always gave each other stupid nicknames, it was one of the many traditions they had started over the six years.

"Anyway, back to this. What are we gonna do?" Reece asked, trying to keep everyone focused on what they were actually there to organise, which was difficult to do with Evie's short attention span and the fact that the group constantly distracted each other with bickering and joking around.

"We know what we're doing - We're going to Frankie and Benny's, right?" Blake spoke, a frown etched onto his face "Or are we doing something else?"

"Yeah, but we need to plan it, idiot. Who's gonna supply the liquor" Reece asked, dragging out the word as he looked at Evie with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh come on, my dad definitely noticed last time we stole his alcohol. We're dead if anymore goes missing" Evie declared, gesturing to the door to the garage which held her father's impressive wine collection. "He has like a register for all of his bottles"

"I think you mean that you're dead" Blake corrected her, pointing at the girl who scoffed.

"No, because if I'm going down then you bitches are coming with me," Evie remarked, sticking her tongue out childishly to the brunette who copied her actions.

"Fine, I'll get the alcohol. You can get your chauffeur to drive us" Reece instructed the blonde girl, who sighed but nodded. She didn't like the fact that their family had a chauffeur, or that they hired any type of staff - it made her feel separate to the rest of the people at her school, almost as if her parents were pulling her up onto a ledge above everyone else. She didn't like feeling above everyone else. "Blake and George, you're in charge of snacks and other stuff."

"And you guys can come here at like... six?" Evie suggested, earning approving nods from the boys.

"It's really weird - we've been friends for like six years but it really doesn't feel that long" Blake stated, the other three nodding in agreement at the brunette's statement, letting their minds wonder back to the day they first met.

"I have no idea how I've put up with you all" Evie sighed, giggling when the boys all shot her fake glares. "Seriously, though, I don't know how I would have survived everything without you guys. You all mean so much to me and it makes me so happy that we've been friends for six years, nearly. You guys are the best" The girl blushed slightly and looked down - she wasn't too good at being heartfelt without being embarrassed at what she said, mainly because she wasn't too good at getting across what she wanted to say. She just never really found the words to express herself unless it was a heat-of-the-moment type thing. The boys all broke into a chorus of 'naw come here' before they all ended up in a massive group hug, followed by them all falling off of the bar stools and onto the ground in a fit of laughter.

It was in that moment that Evie was happiest. She was surrounded by her best friends, locking in their arms as they all laughed, despite being in pain from falling off of the stalls. Their friendship was just so comfortable and honestly, who needed good parents when they had Blake, George and Reece there for them? She was safe and happy when they were around.
She just didn't realise that the safety and happiness she felt would soon disappear.

~

I haven't updated in ages, but I kinda have 22 exams to study for (the joys).

But seriously, my first one is a week from now (Friday the 13th, how fucking lucky) and I'm shitting myself. It's my drama scripted performance, and I didn't fuck up in the practise performance but my partner kept missing outlines which meant I had to keep freezing to work out what the hell I was doing, which made me look really dumb.

I'm praying this goes right because drama is like the only thing I'm good at.

Also, I'm obsessed with the Cake By The Ocean cover, damn it's so good.

~Ray xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.6K 26
'Don't make promises you can't keep, George,' I thought but didn't say.
3.4K 311 32
Bailey Pierce has always been the nerd. She has always been the outcast, never asked out to anything or even had a boyfriend. Well, Bailey doesn't mi...
65.2K 3.4K 35
Sequel to 2190 Days ~ "I've had four years of this. Four years of being talked about. Four years of drinking for entertainment. Four years of da...
11.9K 851 23
COMPLETED They meet when they need it the most but not when it is the best time for them. Meet Hanna and Reece. They haven't seen each other for ove...