The Miracle Worker(Watty Awar...

careforbooks tarafından

Madeline found out at the beginning of their marriage that she has PCOS. It had rockd both her and her husban... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Author's Note<3
Fort Releigh County -A "The Miracle Worker" Novel- (Sneak Peek)

Chapter 1

7.1K 156 29
careforbooks tarafından

Hey yall! Alrighty! So, I am almost done writing this stor yand have enjoyed writing it alot! I have been DYING to get this up for yall. Please let me know what you think:) I appreciate all of your support and thank you all for reading. It means alot! :D

ps. be sure to check out the song. It is my FAVE right now :D

-Careforbooks!

----------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Ethan felt Madeline moving, but didn’t do anything about it until she tried to push the covers off of her.

“No, stay. It’s the weekend.” He groaned, tightening his grip around her upper abdomen, careful not to pull too tight.

He felt her relax back against his chest as she spoke softly. “Fine.”

He smiled. She always falls for that one. He sighed inwardly. His life was truly amazing.

Although Ethan didn’t fall back asleep, he still was soothed by the thought of having Madeline and their soon to be child in his arms. He felt like the protector of the family now.

He twisted his neck to his right to look at the night stand. It was almost ten o’clock in the morning, so he decided to get up, take a shower, and sneak down stairs before Madeline woke up so he could cook her breakfast.

He ran his hands through his wet hair as he walked slowly down the carpeted stairs and felt a chill go up his back when his feet hit the cold, hard-wood floor at the bottom of the stairs.

As he cooked Madeline and him breakfast, he thought of how in a little over seven months, he would be a Daddy. He couldn’t believe it. God had been so good to them lately.

Although he knew that God had been good to them their entire lives, considering the old saying God is good all the time and all the time God is good, he actually felt it this time.

Him and Madeline had been trying for a child for the past 3 years when they decided it was time to start their family just a few months after they married.

Not conceiving after nearly half a year, Madeline and Ethan began to worry that something was wrong. As much as Ethan had hoped that nothing was, he was proven wrong, and all hope had drained out of him.

His heart nearly burst out of his chest when the Doctor told Madeline she had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS).

Although it had broken Ethan’s heart, it had completely shattered Madeline. Ethan was happy for the forty-two percent chance of ever having children, but Madeline just couldn’t seem to look past the fifty-eight percent of never conceiving.

The saddest part about her condition, to them both, was that the syndrome wasn’t curable. It was only treatable. But Ethan had held onto that cling of hope.

His last hope of ever having children of his own. He knew the sadness PCOS had caused Madeline. He knew it made her feel like “less of a woman” because she couldn’t conceive without treatments.

But, being Madeline, the Bible-thumper, or so he had called her in college when he hadn’t come to personally know the Lord yet, wouldn’t accept the treatments.

She wanted to leave it all in God’s hands. And, luckily for them, her faith had put it through, and kept it. Ethan did trust God, he just believed that God could possibly be giving them “a way out” with the treatments. But, he was glad that he left it in His hands after all.

“Your will, Father. Your will.” He whispered as he poured the last few eggs in the skillet and listened to them simmer ferociously.

He was very thankful for his wife, and forever would be. She had shown him a path that no one else had ever shown him. No one else had ever wanted to invite him to their church.

They were all afraid that they would be seen with a well known alcoholic who had a few D.U.I’s. He would never understand how his wife had seen through the drunk, high, and wild party animal that he had been nearly ten years ago, during his college years.

But, through the grace of God, she had. And she loved him for who he was and she made him profoundly happy.

Ethan was just glad that they were finally on their route to becoming parents. He couldn’t believe it.

As he finished up with the breakfast, it was nearly half past eleven.

He decided to “fancy it up” and use their good china and give Madeline the best bed-in-breakfast she had ever had.

As he walked back up the stairs, he heard a creak above him, so he looked up into the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen.

She leaned down slowly and kissed him sweetly. He was ever so thankful for his beautiful, loving wife.

“Morning.” She said trough her fresh breath.

“Good morning.” He shrugged when he looked from the tray of food, juice, and a nice, small daisy in a vase, and looked back up to her face. “Well, I was going to bring this up to you, but I guess you ruined that one…” He said defeated, but joking kindly.

They walked back downstairs and got comfortable at the dining table.

After a few minutes of the normal conversation of co-workers and what not, Ethan decided to bring up the a slightly touchy subject to Madeline.

“So. When do you think we should start on the baby’s room?” He asked pointing his fork full of hash browns towards the ceiling, directing it to one of the four bedrooms upstairs.

Madeline cleared her throat and took a few bites before answering. “I don’t know. Whenever you want to, honey. I don’t quite frankly care.” She sat down her fork and rubbed her still flat belly. He was shocked by her answer, taking how cranky she had been for the past month. But, he knew that was from the pregnancy.

“I’m just glad we’re finally going to be parents!” She said with a zest of excitement.

“I know. Trust me, I know.” He replied.

They finished up their breakfast and we’re soon getting ready for a bike ride together. “Are you sure it’s okay for me to be exercising? Pregnant?”

Ethan laughed at her emphasis. “Yes. It’s fine. Just don’t fall over.” He said as in a sarcastic mode of panic. She playfully slapped one of his well toned biceps.

Within the next half hour, they we’re strolling down an easy paved bike trail in a park in Columbus.

Ethan was glad that it had turned out to go well, unlike he had thought it would be.
But, he did find himself staring at Madeline too often than the pavement in front of his own bike.

“Sweetheart?” He heard Madeline’s sweet voice break into his worrisome thoughts.

“Yes?” He asked kindly, slowing down on the pedals easily, just as she was doing. “Do you think we could take a break?” She asked with a bit of gasping breath. “I-I’m a little tired.” She said and looked at him with pleading eyes.

He didn’t know why she was pleading though. She knew that if she said Jump, he would immediately ask How high.

Yeah. You bet we can.” Ethan hopped off of his bike easily but noticed that Madeline struggled a bit and looked as if she were about to faint.

They walked slowly towards some medium length grass under a big oak tree. As they sat, Ethan became aware of how soft the grass actually was. He leaned back on his left elbow, as was Madeline just sitting there looking miserable.

He sat up, seriously worried. “Honey, do you think we need to get on home? I mean, you look completely worn out. I think we should head on home and let you get some rest.” He said standing up reaching his hand down to help her up.

Once she stood, she looked him in the eyes and planted a worried smile on her face. As he walked her back to the SUV, he remembered that he had to return after getting her to their vehicle to retrieve the bikes.

He hurried her along the path, praying with each step that there wasn’t anything starting to go wrong with the baby. As he placed her in the car carefully, he ran back to get their bikes. He slid them in the back of the SUV after letting the seats down.

He hopped into the driver’s seat and tried to make the ride as peaceful as possible for her…and the baby. So, he flipped the radio on k-love. It turns out one of his favorite songs was on. It was Madeline’s favorite.

As he glanced at her happy, yet tired, face singing along with the lyrics, he couldn’t help but send up a silent prayer.

She sang the chorus perfectly.

“Some say we need a miracle. Some say there’s no hope at all, but I, know that Your love is strong it goes on and on and on and on. Rise up when it gets us down, be the voice in a blaring crowd because we know, Your love will lead us home it goes on and on and on and on.”

God, please keep your hand on the baby. Let us finally receive the blessing of becoming parents. In Your name. Amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER: THE SONG! :D lol -Careforbooks!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

68K 1K 27
My name is Lexi and I always have a way of screwing things up. I just graduated high School in the summer. It is now fall and I am six months pregn...
399 112 30
Book three in the Hero series Book three of Makailah's POV trilogy It's two years after Makailah and Ethan's wedding and they're ready for the next s...
10.2K 122 11
Life always did whatever it could to kick people whilst they were down, for once things were looking up. Why would anything ever work out that way?
27.3K 729 63
A smile played on my face as I saw on the sheet of paper in my hands. "Congratulations, you are pregnant eight weeks, Miss Reel!" The doctor said. "T...