Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

By Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
đź‘‘Epilogueđź‘‘
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 9 (You?!)

348K 13.8K 737
By Juette_Curtina

Kaylyn lazily opened her eyes upon hearing the whispers of persons her brain couldn't quite place. She felt tired and weak - her body drained. She winced when the light in the room scorched her eyes - a room she was not familiar with.

"She's awake," she heard someone exclaim.

Kaylyn sighed then fully opened her eyes, concerned faces staring down at her. Faith was there alongside a doctor. Kaylyn's face wrinkled in confusion for a while, but her eyes widened almost instantly when realization dawned.

She had fainted! Her throat suddenly felt parched when everything came rushing back, her mind only on one thing at the moment.

"I- is the baby OK?" she asked a bit huskily.

Faith immediately came to her side and pulled her hands into hers, a warm smile on her face.

"The baby's fine," she said with a slight squeeze.

Kaylyn expelled a sigh of relief and tightly closed her eyes as a sob formed in her throat.

"So what happened?" she asked when she was able to get a hold of herself.

The doctor cleared his throat and stepped forward.

"It's not unlikely to have women faint during pregnancy. You however, were out for quite a while and that's unlikely. Your blood count is low so that might've caused you to faint. I've prescribed some iron tablets that will help but if you have another faint spell, it is advised to visit me ASAP," the doctor provided with the highest level of professionalism.

Kaylyn used the tip of her tongue to moisten her lips. "So if I faint again, it might be serious?" she asked brokenly.

The doctor nodded.

"I'm sure everything will be fine Kay," Faith consoled, hugging Kaylyn who was getting a bit teary.

"It could be nothing so please do not stress. You may leave when you're done," the doctor smiled then left the room.

Kaylyn sniffed. "What if something happens later in the pregnancy?" she croaked.

"But what if nothing happens? she challenged, cocking a brow. "You've gotta think positively baby girl."

Kaylyn managed a strained smile. "Thanks for everything Fay."

Faith huffed out a breath and fanned her off. "No need to thank me. You should be thanking the Greek God that brought you here," she grinned.

Kaylyn made a face. "Greek Gods tend to suffer from small cocks Fay," she exclaimed.

Faith burst out laughing, her head tilted backwards in amusement. Kaylyn grinned.

"Where the hell did you hear that from?" she asked shakily, laughter still evident in her tone.

"A movie," she grinned.

Faith snorted. "So true though."

"So, anyway, how did you know I was here?" Kaylyn asked quizzically.

"I got a call from the man who bought you here. How he got my number, I don't know," she shrugged.

"So where is he by the way?"

"Outside, I guess. Not sure, but you owe him a huge thanks."

"I know."

"Yeah, get dressed so we can leave," Faith exclaimed, scooting off the bed.

#

Jason sat on a chair that seemed to harden with every passing second. He had been there for about half an hour, not wanting to leave because he wanted to know how Kaylyn was, and he also wanted to see her.

He sighed. It had shocked him when he came to know of her pregnancy, but shock was the only thing he felt. It didn't mitigate the interests he had in her. The answers would come soon enough and then he'd know whether or not it would be ethical to pursue her. Jason knew there was a high chance of her having a partner, but he wasn't going to come to a conclusion based on silly assumption. There was just something about her that excited his interest.

He sighed when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He quickly pulled it out and rolled his eyes when he recognized the caller ID.

"Matthew, what's up?" he exclaimed in frustration.

"What's up with you?" he retorted pointedly.

"I'm at the hospital," he offered.

"I know that. I went to your office and they told me you had to carry a girl there. Heard she fainted."

"Yeah she did."

"She OK?" Matthew asked.

"Don't know as yet."

"Well, I'm in that area, so I might swing by. Plus, there's something I need your advice on."

"Ok sure," Jason exclaimed, before he disconnected the call.

He sighed heavily and closed his eyes, allowing his head to rest against the wall. Matthew was always a curious person and Jason knew the only reason he wanted to 'swing by', was so he could pry into the matter at hand.

"Mr Felix?" a voice came.

Jason immediately sat up in his chair. Kaylyn was standing before him with her friend by her side. He didn't speak for a while, only allowed his eyes to travel over the contours of her body. Some colour had returned to her cheeks, he noted. She looked beautiful still but also tired.

He stood, directly facing Kaylyn. "Are you OK?" he asked softly.

Kaylyn managed a smile. "I think I will be," she told him.

"I'll be outside. I'll leave you guys to talk," Faith put in.

"Yeah, sure."

An awkward silence followed after Faith's retreat.

Kaylyn cleared her throat. "So, I just want to say thank you for bringing me here and Im also sorry for all the trouble..."

"No need to thank me, it wasn't a problem at all. It was my pleasure," he reassured with a smile.

"I really appreciate it."

Silence intervened once more as both stood staring at each other, awkward smiles on faces.

Kaylyn cleared her throat. "So, how did you get in contact with Faith?" she asked.

Jason scratched his head nervously. "I er..." he trailed off with a sigh. "Forgive me, but I went through your purse, searching for some kind of information. I found her name and number in a small notebook," he confessed.

Kaylyn chuckled lightly. "It's fine, I'm glad you called her."

He nodded with a half-smile, grabbing his jacket from the chair he had earlier occupied.

"Well I take it you need some rest so you better get going."

"Yeah."

They began walking in silence, Kaylyn feeling as awkward as a nerd at a strip joint.

"Sorry for ruining your interview by the way," she blurted.

"You didn't ruin anything. I had one person in mind all along," he admitted, smiling.

Kaylyn nervously fidgeted with her fingers. "Oh," was all she managed to say.

Jason chuckled at her obvious oblivion. "That person is you," he said, stopping in front of her.

"You?" she asked blankly, her eyes widening almost instantly. "Me?!" she gasped.

Jason grinned. "Yes, I want you to come work for me. That is, if you are up for it."

Kaylyn gaped at him, trying to find the words to say but everything was just heavy on her tongue, leaving her momentarily speechless.

"Of course I'm up for it!" she blurted loudly, immediately covering her mouth.

Jason laughed. "Good, you can start on Monday."

"Really?!"

She earned a grin from Jason. "Yes, really," he confirmed, finding it quite pleasing to see her so happy.

"Oh my God, thank you so much!" She exclaimed with a sniff, not even realizing that she was crying.

"Ugh, I'm sorry," she sniffed, brushing the tears away.

"You're most welcome."

They reached the outside, the sun warming their skin.

"I guess this is it, I'll see you Monday," Jason said.

"Yeah I-"

"Jason?" a voice in the distance came.

Jason turned to see Matthew walking towards them.

"Oh, hey man. I-" Jason began.

"You?" Kaylyn interjected crisply, the familiar despise she had earlier felt for him, returning.

"Well, I'll be damn," Matthew retorted with just as much shock.

Jason stood there, clueless.

___________________________________

That's all for this chapter lovelies!!!
Hope you liked it. If you did, brighten my day by clicking on that little star below.
Thanks for reading!!!!!
Laters baby
Xoxo
Juju

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...
1.2M 45.2K 39
Emily I didn't expect to meet him when I went to my cousin's bachelorette party, didn't expect to go home with him, and definitely didn't expect to...
3.2M 98.6K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...