Salvation » the vampire diari...

By -kingsalvatore

[DISCONTINUED] in which Evelyn Salvatore finds salvation in a lover - » start... More

IMPORTANT!!
» cast «
» playlist «
» prologue «
» chapter 1 «
» chapter 2 «
» chapter 3 «
» chapter 4 «
» chapter 5 «
» chapter 6 «
» chapter 7 «
» chapter 8 «
» chapter 9 «
» chapter 10 «
» chapter 11 «
» chapter 12 «
» chapter 13 «
» chapter 14 «
» chapter 15 «
» chapter 16 «
» chapter 17 «
» chapter 18 «
» chapter 19 «
» chapter 21 «
» chapter 22 «
» chapter 23 «
» chapter 24 «
» chapter 25 «
» chapter 26 «
» chapter 27 «
» chapter 28 «
» chapter 29 «
» chapter 30 «
» chapter 31 «
» chapter 32 «
» chapter 33 «
» chapter 34 «
» chapter 35 «
» chapter 36 «
» chapter 37 «
» chapter 38 «
update!
» chapter 39 «
» chapter 40 «

» chapter 20 «

3.7K 100 21
By -kingsalvatore

Alaric walks into the parlor, with a smile on his face when he sees Evie and sits in a chair.

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon asks as he handed Evie a mixture of blood and coffee.

Damon sits beside her and Evie crawls into his lap, curling up into his chest.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan states, walking into the room with Elena and rolling his eyes when he sees Evie and Damon's position.

Alaric scoffs, "Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?"

Damon smirked at him, "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might."

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena clarifies as Evie takes a sip of her blood coffee.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan adds.

Alaric sighed, "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

Damon smirked cockily at him, "Like that amazing vampire story."

Elena sent Damon a glare before looking back at Alaric. "Aside from vampires, what else?"

"The lycanthrope."

Elena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, like werewolves?"

Evie scoffed, picking her head up from Damon's lap to look at her. "No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney."

Stefan cocked an eyebrow at her. "Is it?"

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Evie asked.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asks them.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler," Damon explains.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers," Stefan adds.

"It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity," Stefan finished.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is," Elena says.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing," Alaric states with a sigh.

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asked hopeful.

"Alaric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good," Evie told him.

"It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed," Damon smirks.

-

Evie walks outside with Stefan and Elena and see Damon waiting at the car.

Damon smirks, "Sorry you can't come too, Stef."

Stefan ignores Damon and looks at Elena. "Call me if you need anything."

"Oh, I'll take really good care of her."

Elena grabs Stefan by the neck and kisses him, he kisses her back. Elena is trying to make Damon jealous.

"Okay, time to go," Evie exclaims.

She hugs Damon tightly as he kissed her forehead. "Be careful, okay?"

Damon nods before pulling away and getting in the car, Elena following. Stefan looks at Elena.

"Goodbye."

-

Stefan, Evie, and Bonnie are sitting at a table at the Mystic Grill.

"I don't know how to make a day-walking ring," Bonnie said.

"Emily made mine, Evie's, she made Damon's too, instructions must be in the Grimoire."

Bonnie scoffs, "That doesn't mean I can cast the spell."

"Bonnie, you know how to drop vampires with a single look, okay? I think you can figure it out," Evie pointed out.

"Caroline killed someone, Evie. I can't make it easier for her to do it again."

"No, we're not making it easier for her; we're just giving her the chance to survive. Listen, every day that she's cut off from her old life - from you, from Elena, it'll make it that much harder for her to hold on to her humanity," Stefan tries to reason with the witch.

Bonnie sat back in her seat with crossed arms. "And how do you know she won't hurt anyone else?"

"I don't, but if we don't do everything we can to help her or at least trust the fact that she can keep it together, we might as well just stake her right now," Stefan said.

"I don't know if I can trust her, not with this."

Evie leaned forward with a hopeful smile. "Then trust me."

-

Bonnie, Caroline, Evie, and Stefan are in Caroline's bedroom. Bonnie has Emily's grimoire in her hands. Caroline has the ring in her hands.

"So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?" Caroline asks while looking down at the ring.

Bonnie shrugged, "Hey, if you don't want it..."

"No, no, she wants it," Evie said.

Caroline sighs, "Now what?"

"Now is the part where I explain the rules. The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it so if you ever do anything to hurt anyone..." Bonnie trails off.

Caroline shook her head with a frown. "I'm not gonna hurt anyone."

"You are a vampire that mean the urge to kill is a part of who you are. The minute you let it take over, I will stop you."

Caroline frowns, "Bonnie, you're supposed to be my friend."

Bonnie shakes her head. "I can't ignore what happened, okay? If you want to be friends, you have to prove that the Caroline I remember isn't gone. Now put the ring on the bed."

Caroline puts the ring on the bed with a sigh. "Do you really think I meant to kill that guy at the carnival?"

"He's still dead. Now, do you want me to cast the spell or not?"

Bonnie opens the curtains a little bit, so that the sun shines on the ring. Bonnie looks at the ring and closes her eyes a moment and finally opens them.

"All done." She gives the ring to Caroline, who takes the ring and puts it on her finger.

"So that's it? I mean nothing witchy happened. You know, no flickering lights, no gust of wind. Have you even done this before?" Caroline asked, not believing that Bonnie actually did the spell.

"Caroline..." Evie sighed.

Caroline looked at her with an innocent face. "What? I just want to make sure that it worked."

Bonnie opens the curtain. "It worked."

"What if it hadn't Bonnie?" Caroline yells

Bonnie looks at Stefan and Evie with an annoyed look. "She's all yours," She whispers, taking the grimoire and leaving.

-

Caroline and Stefan are in the woods, hunting, with Evie trailing along to watch.

"So what I do when I see the rabbit?" Caroline asks.

"Chase it, catch it, feed on it."

Caroline turns to Stefan with a frown. "Isn't killing cute defenseless animals the first step in becoming a serial killer?"

"Well, you sort of skipped the serial killer and went straight to vampire," Evie comments with a smirk.

Stefan sighs, ignoring Evie's comment. "Caroline, if you're not serious about all of this I think you should tell me."

Caroline shook her head, moving her hair back from her face. "No I am. Look, I swear that I am okay? But it's just...I haven't been in the sun for days and everyone is at the swimming hole having fun and Matt is there and now you want me to eat bunnies and I'm kind of freaking out okay?!"

Stefan and Evie start laughing, causing Caroline to let out a frustrated groan. "And now you're laughing at me."

Stefan coughed, "No, no, I'm not laughing. None of this is funny, trust me. It's just that..."

Caroline crossed her arms. "What?!"

"When someone becomes a vampire, all of their natural behaviors get sort of amplified," Evie tells her.

"What do you mean?"

"She means...as a human I cared deeply for people, how they felt. If they were hurting I felt their pain and I felt guilty if I was the one who caused it and as a vampire all of that got...magnified," Stefan elaborates.

Caroline rolled her eyes. "So you're saying that now I'm basically an insecure, neurotic control freak...on crack?"

"Well, I wasn't gonna say it like that but...hey, listen, let's hunt okay? And then after that we'll go to the swimming hole," Stefan offers.

Caroline eyes lit up, "Really?"

"Yeah. Your friends are the closest connection that you have to your humanity and I think that being around them is a good thing."

Caroline smiled, "Okay."

-

When they arrived to the swimming hole, they pass by Mason, who is leaving. He looks at Stefan and Evie, who return the look.

"Why are you looking at him with your serious vampire look?"

Stefan turns to Caroline with a frown, "My what? My "vampire serious look"?"

Caroline nods, "Hum hum. I mean it's different from your worried vampire look, neither of which stray too far from your "hey-it's-Tuesday" look."

Stefan chuckles. "I get it, okay. You think I'm...you think I'm too serious. Is that it?"

"I mean I was not gonna say it like that but..."

-

Evie was sitting on a log when a girl walked over to her with a smile. "Hi!"

"Hey..." Evie trailed off, not knowing her name.

"Aimee," The girl said.

Aimee sat down beside Evie with the smile still in place. "You know, you're missing all the fun in the water."

Evie laughed. "Well, I forgot my bathing suit. Can't exactly swim nude with all these strangers."

"Too bad. So, there's a full moon tonight. We're gonna light a fire later and tells ghost stories," Aimee told Evie, implying that she should stay.

"Uh, I don't know."

Caroline walks over to them with a frown. "Evie."

"Where have you been? You disappeared earlier," Evie said.

Caroline smiled, "I know, I got held up but I'm here now." She looks at Aimee.

Aimee waved, "Hi Caroline."

"Go find somebody single to stalk, Aimee," Caroline compels her and the said girl leaves.

Evie stood up with a frown, "Seriously?"

Caroline shrugged. "She was flirting with you."

"She's harmless; you don't have to be rude," Evie said, rolling her eyes.

Caroline scoffed, "You're mad?"

"You've been flirting with Matt and you get to show up here and be the jealous girlfriend? It's kind of lame, Care." Evie looks at her and then leaves.

Stefan arrives. "Hey, I saw that. You compelled her."

"Yeah, she deserved it."

Stefan shook his head. "Caroline, nobody deserves to have their mind messed with for shallow reasons."

Caroline scoffed, "You know, why is everyone sticking up for Aimee freaking Bradley?"

Stefan smirked, "You're letting the jealousy get the best of you."

Caroline threw her hands up in the air. "Oh, so now I have magnified jealousy issues, too. That's great."

"I told you this wasn't gonna be easy."

Caroline huffs in annoyance. "Yeah, well, I might as well have stayed dead. My entire personality is killing me."

Stefan smiles, causing her to roll her eyes. "Shut up."

-

A full moon is shining brightly in the sky. Everybody is leaving the swimming hole because Tyler asked them to.

Evie was sitting alone while drinking a beer, still annoyed at Caroline. Stefan and Caroline are looking at her.

"She's mad at me," Caroline sighs.

"Go talk to her. I'll wait." Stefan's phone rings and Caroline walks towards Evie.

"Still mad?" She asked.

"I thought we were past all this insecurity stuff, Caroline. I told you how I felt about you, what more do you need?" Evie asked with a groan.

"Nothing. Nothing. I don't need anything else. I'm sorry Evie, I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so, so, sorry," Caroline grabbed Evie's open hand in hers.

"I'm not kidding. I'm not gonna put up with the drama," Evie told her.

"No, no more drama. Just...I promise." Caroline leans in and kisses Evie.

Evie smiles, knowing she wasn't mad at Caroline anymore. "Come on."

-

Caroline and Evie are in the woods, talking. Evie suddenly stops and looks around. "This looks like the spot."

"For what?"

Evie kissed Caroline, a smile on her lips. Suddenly they hear a sound.

"Did you hear that?" Caroline asked.

Evie looks at her and kisses her again. She pushes Caroline against a tree, her lips not leaving Caroline's.

Caroline pulled away from Evie, switching her places and kissed down her neck, sucking on a couple of spots to leave hickeys.

A twig snaps and Matt walks up to the two. Caroline whipped around to him, her changed as she heard his heartbeat.

Matt looks at her in fear, "Caroline! Your face!"

She bites him on the neck and drinks his blood but Stefan arrives and takes her away from Matt.

"Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop!" Stefan yells. Caroline's face is normal again but Matt faints and falls.

"Oh my god," Caroline whispered.

Stefan shook his head. "No, no, no, stop. Listen to me. We need to get out of these woods now. We need to leave."

"What was that?" Evie asked, hearing noises and growls.

Stefan look at her with wide eyes, but focused on the human. "Matt, stay down. Do not move."

They hear noises all around them.

"Us three, we're gonna run. It's going to follow us; we need to lead it away from Matt. You need to run as fast as you can. Do you understand me? Go, go!" Evie nods and they run, arriving at the old ruins, but Caroline stops.

"Wait! What is it?!"

"It's a werewolf! He will try to kill us and he can!" Stefan shouts, causing Evie's stomach to drop in horror.

Tyler arrives, "Hey! What are you three doing?"

"What are you doing?" Evie asked in response.

The werewolf rushes into Caroline. She falls on the floor, the werewolf is on her. Evie rushes on the werewolf with her powers and pushes him.

"No!" Tyler shouts, causing the werewolf to look at him and leave.

-

"You're not going to remember what I did to you or what you saw me become," Caroline compels Matt.

Matt nods, "I was just walking in the woods."

"And then an animal attacked you and bit your neck."

"It's weird; it just came out of nowhere," Matt agreed.

Caroline looks at him and rejoins Stefan and Evie.

"What are we gonna do about Tyler?"

Evie sighs, "I took care of it and I will get Matt on vervain, it'll keep you from being able to compel him and also to keep you from drinking his blood."

Caroline shook her head, "I can't believe I hurt him."

"I know," Stefan says sympathetically.

"Come on, let's get you home," Evie tells her, wrapping her arm around her shoulder.

"I love you," Caroline whispers.

Evie smiled, kissing the girl's head. "I love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 430 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
43.4K 982 30
in which they learn how to love again THANKSSS FOR 19k!!!!!! TVD- Seasons 3/4 TO- Season 1 #1 Damon #1 TVDU #1 thevampirediares #1 Lorena #1 TVD #1...
83.9K 1.2K 67
*The Vampire Diaries ReVamped* What if Stefan and Damon Salvatore have a sister? Mystal Salvatore is back in Mystic Falls and she has a past that eve...
79.5K 1.9K 41
+ + + + + "I don't need saving, especially from a Mikaelson." It was a lie, but he didn't have to know that. Maybe she didn't even know herself. + +...