AcademyX- School For Gifted C...

By TannerSSmith

Joel Collins, a young man of only 16 has his life changed from ordinary to extraordinary after an incident th... More

Just Another Day
Not So Normal
Everyone Needs Friends
My Powers Awaken
The First Fight
Big News, And Big Trouble
Class Time
The Vanishing
The Woods Bring People Together
Friendly Fight
Secrets Revealed
A Day On The Farm
Back To School
Confrontations
Discovery
Preparing
New Dimension
Doing Whats Right
Taking Risky Paths
The Facility
Meeting The Mastermind
War On The Inside and Out
Devastation
Decisions and Choices
Going Back
When Everything Crumbles
The Bars That Hold Us
Almost There
The Things That Hurt Us Most

Tradgedy Breaks Us All

1.8K 98 32
By TannerSSmith

Hospital bed, again. This happens too often. How many times have I woke up in this bed since I've been here? I get knocked out a lot I guess. I better get back to my room and congratulate Damon on getting into the class. After signing out with the nurse, I leave for my room. From down the hall,!I notice my door is wide open. I run in and see all my friends crowding around Damon.

"Hey guys. Uh, what's going on?" I ask.

Kaitlyn turns around and shouts.

"Damon has a new power! This is great! He must have got it from your fight. When someone with powers goes through something intense, they can get new powers" Kaitlyn tells me.

"So that must be what happened for me?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. I didn't even think about that. You got a new power too! Awesome! Maybe we can duel again sometime so I can test out that new power of yours" Kaitlyn suggests.

"Is there anywhere, anything, or anyone that I need now that I have a new power?" I ask.

"Yeah. Mr. Hall, so he can register it and make all the staff members aware of it" Kaitlyn tells me.

"Oh. Well ok. Hey Damon, wanna go with me to Mr. Halls office and get our new powers registered? Actually before you answer that, what is your new power?" I ask.

Damon stands up and walks towards me. He holds his hand out and I realize that there is electric shocks all over his hand.

"I have been able to manipulate fire, water, air, and earth for a long time, so when I accidentally pulled the electricity from our lamp, it came as quite a shock. Pun intended" he says.

"Cool, and yeah, you're funny" I say sarcastically, laughing a little under my breath.

"Joel, what about your new power?" Clara asks.

"What about it?" I ask.

"Well, what is it?" Clara asks again.

"I'm not really sure. I guess I can control this shadow like force energy thingy, and I can make it do things. I'm not really sure honestly. Isn't there someone in this school who could explain it better?" I ask.

"Yeah. Mr Hall can. I'm sure most of the staff could, but he's a bit of a professional, so we should ask him when we get our powers registered. Wanna go now?" Damon asks.

"Yeah let's go" I say.

We say a quick goodbye to everyone in the room before rushing out. When we go into the office, Mr. Hall is sitting at his desk, rifling through papers.

"Hi headmaster" Damon says.

"Hello boys. Is there anything I can help you with?" Mr. Hall asks.

"Uhm yes. Joel and I have both acquired new powers and we came here so you could register them. That is what you're supposed to do right? I wasn't really sure" Damon says.

"Yes, of course. I'll just need you boys to sign these papers that state you will not lie about these new powers to anyone" The headmaster says, putting a paper in front of Damon and I.

Damon and I both sign the paper after reading the fine print. It states exactly what he said it did. You should always read the fine print, well, that's what my dad said.

"Ok boys. You can both go enjoy your day now, and I'll inform the rest of the staff about your newfound abilities. See you later" He says.

We leave the office to go back to our room. I wonder if our friends are still there. As we are nearing the room we here a loud sound and the ground rumbles beneath us. The wall starts to crack along with the ceiling and dust falls all around us. Damon and I stand up scanning the area for a sign, but find nothing. Next come the sounds of screams, doors being slammed, and the sound of many people running. Very confused, Damon speaks up.

"What do you think that was?" He asks.

"No idea, but I sure hope everyone's ok" I say.

"Yeah, me too. We should probably go check out room, and if they aren't in there, we will check out other regular meeting places" Damon tells me.

We hurry to the room, but come to find it completely empty. A thud on the bathroom door catches Damon's attention. He runs over to door and tries to open it, but it seems to be jammed.

"Hello! Who's in there?!" He asks.

"It's me! It's Clara!" Says the young girl inside.

"Ok Clara. I need to you to stand back. I'm going to blast the door open" Damon says.

Damon takes a few steps back and then hurls a stone enveloped in fire at the door. It's so cool how he can combine the elements, but anyways, the door busts open and Clara runs out crying. A gash on her arm tells me whatever happened in here wasn't good.

"What happened?"  I ask, hoping for a straight forward answer from a girl who's hurt, scared, and young.

"We I mea- I jus- I can't" she tries to say.

She starts hyperventilating, and she obviously isn't ok to help us right now.

"Here, come sit down" I say.

Clara sits down next to me and I survey the room. Broken glass from the window, broken cabinet door that seems to be burnt, and Damon's bed is flipped over and covered in claw marks, as well as blood.

"Ok Clara, just calm down. We are here now" I say.

"Alright... Uh... Kal, he was.. Here. Kal was here, and he attacked us. Me, Kaitlyn, and Kylee were in here" she says.

"Why was she here?!" I ask.

"She was waiting for you to get back. I'm not sure what happened because I was thrown in the bathroom and then something hit the door. I know I heard screams though" Clara says.

"What about that? The cut on your arm, what happened there?" Damon asks.

"When Kal came in he threw and energy ball which knocked me into the bathroom, but when it happened the window broke and some glass cut my arm, but I'm okay. Are we gonna go and find them though?" Clara asks after explaining what happened.

"Damon, are we? What's the plan?" I ask.

"Yeah we are gonna get them back. I promise" he says.

With that, we leave the room, all three of us. When we get into the hallway there is more destruction than before. We head for the cafeteria, but are stopped in our tracks when we come across a huge pile of rubble, and then I noticed the arm and leg sticking out from under it. Oh my god. We turn around and decide to go through the other hall. We finally reach the cafeteria, but it's locked, and there must be something heavy on the other side. Clara runs to the door frantically screaming for help. That's when I see Kal at the other end of the hallway. Damon steps forward and then sends me away.

"I'll take him, but you take Clara. Take her somewhere safe. Joel please be careful. Now go, hurry!" Damon says.

I take Clara's hand and run down the hall, away from Damon and Kal. A black orb flies over my head. Before turning the corner, I look back one last time. Damon is throwing as many fireballs and stones as he can. He's also using that new electricity thing by covering the rocks in static. How does that even work? Well, anyways, I have to get out of here. Luckily, after running for almost ten minutes, we find Mr. Colpus.

"Sir! Hey wait for us!" I say.

He turns and runs towards us. When he gets to us, he walks with us. Seems like he's leading us somewhere.

"Are you two ok?" He finally asks.

"Yeah, we are, but how's Damon? I mean, have you seen him? He stayed to fight Kal, and told me to take Clara somewhere safe" I say.

"No, I haven't seen him, but if he's fighting Kal alone, he's in danger" Mr. Colpus tells me.

"Can you take Clara somewhere safe so I can go help?" I ask.

"No! Everyone is to go to the arena where the safety bunker is" Mr Colpus say.

"I'm sorry, but I have to help Damon" I say.

With that, I turn and sprint down the hall. When I finally reach the spot where I left him, I find Damon laying on the ground in a puddle of blood. I run over to his side and check for wounds. I find a large deep cut on his calf and his head is bleeding pretty bad too.

"Damon, can you hear me?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can" he mutters.

"Can you stand?" I ask.

"Highly doubt it" he says.

"Alright. Don't worry, I'll get you to safety" I say.

"Wait, what about Clara?" He asks.

"She's fine. Now rest, you need it" I say.

Focusing hard on Damon, I lift him off the floor. He's levitating, and I'm doing it! I can safe him. I know I can. I walk quickly down the hall trying not to go to fast to avoid dropping him. When I near the arena, some custodians run out towards me. They take Damon and rush back in. Mr. Hall approaches me and ushers me into the room.

"Is Damon going to be ok?" I ask.

"They will take care of him, but you need to understand that you can't be disobeying a teacher like that. I understand you needed to safe your friend, but this can't happen again, I mean it" he says.

"Ok I won't do it again, but what're we gonna do now?" I ask.

"We will wait until the school is safe, and then the students will be sent home" he says.

"How are we gonna handle Kal?" I ask.

"We've sent a group of twelve combat trained staff members out to find and to take care of him" Mr. Hall says.

After speaking with Mr Hall for a little while longer I go to sit down. I sit with Kaitlyn, Jackson, Kameron, and Clara. Damon must be somewhere being helped, but where is Kylee? I can't worry about this now. I'm sure she's in here somewhere. She is pretty good at taking care of herself. Suddenly a group of staff runs in the room.

"Kal is gone! After fighting him, he left and ran into the woods. Unfortunately though, we lost Mrs. Deb and Mr. Korger. Kal killed them" a teacher says.

Mr. Hall goes to the middle of the room to make his announcement.

"Students. We understand that you are scared, upset, hurt, and many other things, but we will take care of you. You will all be going home until Kal is caught. This will take place immediately. Please go to your rooms and pack your stuff. Get on the phones with your parents and tell them. Enjoy your time away" Mr. Hall says.

Mr Hall walks away and the arena slowly empties as the students file out. Hours later, laying in bed staring at the ceiling. I'm at home, and I can finally relax. After talking with my parents I go back to my room to take a nice long sleep, one that I've needed for a long time.
--------------------------------------------------------

This was a crazy chapter, and I hope it was enjoyable. I haven't updated in awhile and I'm sorry. I should be updating again soon. Please leave comments on how I could improve the story. Byeee!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 46 51
WARNING: WILL CONTAIN MATURE THEMES When the final Prophecy was told, the whole universe was sent into turmoil, as Darkness started to struggle again...
2M 32.3K 26
Emma Rose is happy with her normal life. Until two hot older guys kidnap her!! Shes taken to a school called Angel Academy, where she is told she has...
102 35 17
This story is about Marko Itsuguya a 16 year old japanese boy who reluctant to accept the fact that he one day got superpowers was thrown into a asyl...
181K 2.1K 38
Bloom was just a normal 20 year old with the perfect life-she has a home and a fiancée, Sky, whom she lived with, loved, and will be married to in 2...